Author Topic: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty  (Read 211494 times)

Offline PowerSlave

Re: 2017 NFL thread v. Patriots Dynasty
« Reply #1645 on: November 02, 2017, 05:05:09 PM »
The Steelers posted on Facebook earlier that Ben is the only QB in NFL history with 3 TD's longer than 94 yards. It kind of made sense the more I thought about it considering how bad they are in the red zone. If ya can't score up close, you might as well take it as far as you can the other way.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1646 on: November 02, 2017, 09:28:40 PM »
My cousin told me that he bet money on the Jets plus the points tonight against the Bills, and his logic for the bet was really sound:

"I just can't see the Bills being good enough to be 6-2."

Three hours later...Jets 34, Bills 14.  :lol :lol :lol

DeShaun Watson just blew out his ACL in practice.

Awful. Hate to see a great young talent like this get hurt.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1647 on: November 03, 2017, 05:19:31 AM »
Thanks Jets! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1648 on: November 05, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
I'm convinced that ST coaches are the dumbest coaches in any sport.  Any kickoff into the end zone should NEVER be brought out; kneel in the end zone every single time.

I don't know the percentages, but I'll bet at least 75% of them don't make it back to the 25, and I've lost track of how many times I've seen a team start inside the 10 because the returner brought it out of the end zone and then a hold or block in the back occurred.

How are professional coaches this stupid?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1649 on: November 05, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
I don't always change teams. But when I do HOLY SHIT

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1650 on: November 05, 2017, 12:47:28 PM »
See ya back on the field in a few weeks, AJ Green (unless the NFL shows once again that they have no balls).

The MVP is now Wentz's to lose. He is tearing the Broncos no fly zone to shreds.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1651 on: November 05, 2017, 12:49:19 PM »
I'm convinced that ST coaches are the dumbest coaches in any sport.  Any kickoff into the end zone should NEVER be brought out; kneel in the end zone every single time.

I don't know the percentages, but I'll bet at least 75% of them don't make it back to the 25, and I've lost track of how many times I've seen a team start inside the 10 because the returner brought it out of the end zone and then a hold or block in the back occurred.

I've seen the stats. There is no benefit to bringing it out. It's something that's driven me nuts for years now.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1652 on: November 05, 2017, 01:12:42 PM »
See ya back on the field in a few weeks, AJ Green (unless the NFL shows once again that they have no balls).
Holy shit.  :lol

I actually thought Suh's was far worse, and he walked, but the NFL makes shit up as they go. They'll probably suspend Green for 6 weeks and the guy he choked for 10. Who the hell knows anymore.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1653 on: November 05, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »
Mike Evans with a messed up cheap shot as well

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1654 on: November 05, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »

I've seen the stats. There is no benefit to bringing it out. It's something that's driven me nuts for years now.

Unless you're Deion Sanders or Devin Hester, you should never bring the ball out of the end zone if you're more than two yards back.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1655 on: November 05, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1656 on: November 05, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
Fighting in at least 3 games today. 3 players ejected in the AZ/SF game. Interesting week.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1657 on: November 05, 2017, 05:23:27 PM »
Another great finish unfolding in Seattle

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1658 on: November 05, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
I love seeing the Seattle D blow a game at the end.  :tup :tup

:lol :lol :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1659 on: November 05, 2017, 06:01:59 PM »
I don't always change teams. But when I do HOLY SHIT

No love for the Browns? 😉 They probably could use some new fans. But I can certainly see why you picked Philly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1660 on: November 06, 2017, 08:12:13 AM »
The next month will tell us a lot about Philly.  Three of their four games are on the road at:

Dallas
Seattle
LA Rams

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1661 on: November 06, 2017, 08:48:57 AM »
The Steelers posted on Facebook earlier that Ben is the only QB in NFL history with 3 TD's longer than 94 yards. It kind of made sense the more I thought about it considering how bad they are in the red zone. If ya can't score up close, you might as well take it as far as you can the other way.

So how many have three TD's longer than 93 yards?  Seems like an odd, random number.   :)    (And no, not ragging on Ben; I have nothing bad to say about his play on the field.)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1662 on: November 06, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »
The next month will tell us a lot about Philly.  Three of their four games are on the road at:

Dallas
Seattle
LA Rams

It's weird to see the Rams in that group but they've played lights out and turned it around that quick.

Makes me happy to know Jeff Fisher sucks. Though I know they added pieces this year as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1663 on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:19 AM »

So how many have three TD's longer than 93 yards?  Seems like an odd, random number.   :)
That always cracks me up. It's like being ranked in the top 103 of something.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1664 on: November 06, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

So how many have three TD's longer than 93 yards?  Seems like an odd, random number.   :)    (And no, not ragging on Ben; I have nothing bad to say about his play on the field.)

Oh, trust me. It was the pr for the team cherry picking stats. It's still impressive, but I completely agree that the 94 yard deal is an odd one.

I know that it looks like I've been ragging on my team a lot as of late, but I'm a dedicated fan. I know that they have great potential, and it gets frustrating watching them flounder at times.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1665 on: November 06, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »
Niners fan checking in after a long absence from the thread... what a year...

I truly don't believe the Niners are as bad as their 0-9 record would suggest. Five games have been within 3 points, and all could have easily gone the other way. We've been devastated by injuries, and even after this abysmal season has dragged on we still put up a good fight yesterday. I really do think we could be 4-5 with a rerun from the start of the season.

The bright side is we weren't making the playoffs this year anyway, so hopefully this causes a bit of a breather and reset. Get everyone some playing time, cement the system, and be ready to come out hard next year. I think the new coach and GM and their moves will start clicking a lot better next year as things develop, and hopefully after we spend some extra cash on the O-line.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1666 on: November 06, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »
The NFC race in the second half will be very interesting.  Most of the contenders have a tough run coming up.  The field could get even more muddied.

Rams - Vikings, Eagles, Seahawks, Saints

Vikings - Skins (who have beaten the Rams and Hawks), Rams, Panthers, Falcons

Eagles - Rams, Seahawks, Dallas x2, Raiders

Saints - Skins, Rams, Panthers, Falcons x2

Seahawks - Eagles, Rams, Jaguars, Falcons, Dallas

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #1667 on: November 06, 2017, 06:29:39 PM »
The AFC south could end up being determined by the last game of the season.  Jacksonville at Tennessee.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1668 on: November 06, 2017, 09:48:18 PM »
The NFC race in the second half will be very interesting.  Most of the contenders have a tough run coming up.  The field could get even more muddied.

Saints - Skins, Rams, Panthers, Falcons x2

The Falcons need to win more games until I'd lump them into the "opponents to be wary of" category. They came close against Carolina yesterday but, until they can win consecutive games again, I doubt they present a real threat plus their little brother complex due to the Saints' utter dominance of them in the Brees/Payton era could really creep back into their heads if they aren't careful.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1669 on: November 07, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »
Well, to be fair, the Falcons were the "opponents to be wary of" last year until the Pats stole that title away from them in the SB.  As far as I'm concerned, Atlanta needs to win a SB to re-gain that title.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1670 on: November 07, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »
Pats didn't steal it, they made Atlanta pee their jock straps.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: November 07, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »
As things stand now... the NFC race is worlds more exciting than the AFC.

AFC has 3 SB contenders, New England, Pittsburgh & Kansas City, in that order.

The following teams could wind up winning the NFC: Seattle, Philadelphia, Dallas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Carolina and maybe Minnesota, Atlanta, Washington or Detroit.

The crazy thing is, of the 6 NFC teams I mentioned (not including the maybes) they're all not even making the playoffs, where if they were in the AFC, they'd be locks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1672 on: November 07, 2017, 04:37:31 PM »

The following teams could wind up winning the NFC: Seattle, Philadelphia, Dallas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Carolina and maybe Minnesota, Atlanta, Washington or Detroit.

The crazy thing is, of the 6 NFC teams I mentioned (not including the maybes) they're all not even making the playoffs, where if they were in the AFC, they'd be locks.

DOC, do you seriously think Minnesota, Washington, or Detroit could come out of the NFC? No chance. I'm not counting out the others you listed, but those three will be long gone by the time the SB comes around.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1673 on: November 07, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »

DOC, do you seriously think Minnesota, Washington, or Detroit could come out of the NFC? No chance. I'm not counting out the others you listed, but those three will be long gone by the time the SB comes around.

I give them an outside chance at best. But Any of them could go on a run. Who knows?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1674 on: November 07, 2017, 04:52:44 PM »
Yup. Outside. Outside of the SB. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1675 on: November 07, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21318091/nfl-suspend-aj-green-cincinnati-bengals-fighting

If Bob McNair really wasn't talking about the players he damn well should have been. The inmates are running the asylum.

There's a different story that Jalon Ramsay had to be restrained by stadium security while trying to get into the Bengals lockerroom to smash AJ Green's face in.

In other discipline news, I read an in depth article about the Ezekiel Elliot situation and learned a couple of things. For one, the lawyers that the league hired to investigate the alleged assaults actually recommended against disciplinary action. It seems the girl was actually less credible than him. More interesting to me, though, is that the players actually have a markedly improved legal situation right now, which will be gone once he loses his appeal (and he will lose his appeal). The most recent ruling is on the basis that the league's arbitration and appellate policy had to actually be fair. This was not the case and probably won't be once that ruling is tossed. He'd actually be doing both his team and the rest of the players a solid by dropping his appeals right now. The players will have better legal standing and the Cowboys will have him back for the playoffs.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1676 on: November 07, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
Post-Week 9 Power Rankings

Top 10
1. Philadelphia - firing on all cylinders
2. Pittsburgh - will the inevitable Tomlin-era letdowns happen?
3. New England - slowly getting better, as always
4. LA Rams - youngest coach in the league will be the Coach of the Year
5. New Orleans - 6 wins in a row!
6. Seattle - inconsistency is a bit puzzling, but they will be a team no one wants to play in January
7. Dallas - clicking at the right time, but will Elliot's suspension finally kick in?
8. Jacksonville - even Bortles is playing well (for him)
9. Carolina - defense is back to being studly
10. Minnesota - win will a depleted division, but their upside is limited

NFL MVP Top 5
1. Carson Wentz - what's scary is this guy will keep getting better
2. Tom Brady - deflation
3. LeVeon Bell - needs to be the focal point down the stretch
4. Todd Gurley - what a difference a year makes
5. Alex Smith - slipping back to being his usual self

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1677 on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »
On the NFL radio show here in the UK last night, they posed an interesting question that I thought I would put to the forum:

After Sports Illustrated correctly predicted in 2014 that the 2017 World Series champions would be the Houston Astros, who will be the Super Bowl winners for the 2020 season?

Personally I'm feeling it will be the Chiefs or the Falcons. They're knocking on the door already, though Atlanta's loss at last year's Bowl might have knocked them back a year.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1678 on: November 08, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
Pats didn't steal it, they made Atlanta pee their jock straps.

:lol  Yeah, they also shit themselves.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1679 on: November 08, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »
On the NFL radio show here in the UK last night, they posed an interesting question that I thought I would put to the forum:

After Sports Illustrated correctly predicted in 2014 that the 2017 World Series champions would be the Houston Astros, who will be the Super Bowl winners for the 2020 season?

Personally I'm feeling it will be the Chiefs or the Falcons. They're knocking on the door already, though Atlanta's loss at last year's Bowl might have knocked them back a year.

In three years?  I'd say the Eagles. What do you think Alex Smith will look like in three years?