Author Topic: The Magicians (Syfy)  (Read 1187 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
The Magicians (Syfy)
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »
Couldn't find a prior thread on this.

Anyone else watching? I am loving the new season. Episode three was, IMHO, the best of the show thus far. They even reference quoted the "What is best in life?" line from Conan the Barbarian!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Magicians (Syfy)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »
I love the show, and the books it's based on. It was weird when SyFy started making good shows again.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »
I've watched the first season. Haven't started the second yet. I thought it was decent, but like most movies/shows based on books it wasn't as good as the books. I'll start watching season two at some point here.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »
I watched the very first episode and liked it enough that i wanted to watch it. Then my DVR malfunctioned........yadda yadda yadda......seasons over and im behind. It's on my list to circle back to im just watching too many shows right now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 04:01:37 AM »
I've watched the first season. Haven't started the second yet. I thought it was decent, but like most movies/shows based on books it wasn't as good as the books. I'll start watching season two at some point here.
I haven't read the books so I don't have that problem.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 09:28:52 AM »
Anyone else stick with this?

The season finale just aired this week.  I can't say everything went the way that I wanted it to, but I felt it was a satisfying end to a series that I really liked a lot.

I will miss it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »
Anyone else stick with this?

The season finale just aired this week.  I can't say everything went the way that I wanted it to, but I felt it was a satisfying end to a series that I really liked a lot.

I will miss it.

It’s one I meant to get back to but never did. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 07:31:30 PM »
I've been with it from the beginning. I have the whole season on my DVR. Just need to get around to binging it. Once I found out this was the last season I just let it build up instead of watching every week like I usually did.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history