Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire  (Read 36407 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire
« Reply #280 on: July 13, 2018, 06:59:16 AM »
I'm convinced GRRM is writing the last two books at the same time. He's finishing up so many different plots that he probably wants to make sure he doesn't release TWoW and then want to change something while writing ADoS. Everything comes to an end now.
I've got a bad feeling GRRM doesn't give a shit anymore since the show finished up the series and the books will never be completed. I hope I'm wrong though.

Yea, I don't have a positive feeling about the books and have lost hope.  It would be really great if that were true though and surprise, not only is TWOW done, but we'll be getting ADOS shortly after.  One can dream.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #281 on: July 13, 2018, 07:13:59 AM »
When he released A Feast For Crows, the next installment, A Dance Of Dragons, was already partly written, but it took another six years to finish it. I don't believe that he will finish the series shortly after releasing The Winds Of Winter. I'm not sure I believe that the series will be finished at all.  :sad:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2018, 07:50:17 AM »
I'm about halfway through A Dance with Dragons and have become so tired of Stannis.  By this time in the show, they kill him off, which I thought was a great cap to his story and character.  You tried, you failed.  Bye Bye.   But no, GRRM confirms him to still be alive in the books (haven't read that far yet...they've just stalled in their march to Winterfell), so we'll be treated to more whining about how he deserves the throne and needs allies blah blah blah.

Dude, just give up.  It's been four books now and you haven't even made it to Kings Landing, though other characters have traveled circles around you. 

I enjoy reading the books, but the show came first to me.  Knowing that GRRM divulged the final plot details and ending points for the characters to the show, I'll accept that as the official end to the story, until he decides to put out the rest on his own.

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2019, 02:40:54 PM »
Just picked up Book 1 (A game of thrones). Very excited to start reading this series

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »
Enjoy! It is quite the journey!

And damn you for posting in this thread and making me think there was an update on Book 6.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2019, 04:15:29 AM »
Enjoy it! Man, I can't believe some bored employee just allowed me to check that book out of the library at 14  :lol my life is much better for it, but I remember reading all the sex scenes and being like... what the fffffffff... this isn't Lord of the Rings! :eek

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise