General > Movies and TV

Dune (film versions)

(1/38) > >>

Phoenix87x:
I loved reading Dune as a kid and I am pretty excited to hear that a new film version of Dune is going to be made, by the director of Arrival.

So I am going back and re-watching the Lynch version and the longer miniseries version. I think I like the lynch version a little more because its so wild, but I don't know

But which do you guys prefer and are you looking forward to seeing what they put together for this new one?

Kotowboy:
All i remember from Dune :

• Ginger Sting

• Giant Sand Monsters

• Kyle Mclachlan (?) with his hand in a fire and if he takes it out - he'll die immediately.

Cool Chris:

--- Quote from: Kotowboy on February 08, 2017, 02:11:47 PM ---• Kyle Mclachlan (?) with his hand in a fire and if he takes it out - he'll die immediately.

--- End quote ---

THE PAIN!

I remember liking the movie as a kid, though much of it was probably over my head. Then I read the book, though it was good, nothing special. Then watched the film again and thought it was garbage. It has a stellar cast though.

jammindude:
Miniseries is FAR more faithful to the book.   And the acting is pretty good too, even if the sets and SFX are pretty bad.   (as in TNG Season 1 bad)   But hey....it has boobies!!!  So there's that. 

hefdaddy42:
Never watched the miniseries, but heard bad things about it.

I enjoyed the movie, but it isn't actually what I would call "good".

Looking forward to the new adaptation that was announced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version