Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 295161 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #5530 on: September 27, 2017, 08:17:25 PM »
Sounds like he has already checked out of his job

He checked out a year ago :rollin
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5531 on: September 29, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »
Morning chumps.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5532 on: September 29, 2017, 07:53:11 AM »
Morning king!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5533 on: September 29, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »
So what's happening in Blob's world today?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5534 on: September 29, 2017, 08:06:46 AM »
Morning.  Epica and Lacuna Coil in NYC tonight then going to Denver Sunday morning for 2 weeks for work.  It was only supposed to be 1 week, but I pushed it to 2 next week since my work load became brutal.  But that allows me to have some more free time out there.  Incubus is playing at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, I really really want to go to that.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5535 on: September 29, 2017, 08:11:49 AM »
Howdy.  Hasn't been a great week here for jingle.kids or mrs.jingle.  Our 19.5 year old cat (that mrs.jingle and I got when we were engaged) had a seizure last week, and we're going to be putting her down today.  Kids have never known life without her, and jingle.son especially is taking it pretty hard.  Mrs.jingle has been a steady stream of tears all week, as this is 'her' cat.

:sadpanda:

On a brighter note, I've been having a steady stream of job interviews lately, so hoping I'll have something lined up by the end of October.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5536 on: September 29, 2017, 08:12:24 AM »
Morning.  Epica and Lacuna Coil in NYC tonight then going to Denver Sunday morning for 2 weeks for work.  It was only supposed to be 1 week, but I pushed it to 2 next week since my work load became brutal.  But that allows me to have some more free time out there.  Incubus is playing at the Red Rocks Amphitheater, I really really want to go to that.

That would be cool to see them there.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5537 on: September 29, 2017, 08:13:12 AM »
Howdy.  Hasn't been a great week here for jingle.kids or mrs.jingle.  Our 19.5 year old cat (that mrs.jingle and I got when we were engaged) had a seizure last week, and we're going to be putting her down today.  Kids have never known life without her, and jingle.son especially is taking it pretty hard.  Mrs.jingle has been a steady stream of tears all week, as this is 'her' cat.

On a brighter note, I've been having a steady stream of job interviews lately, so hoping I'll have something lined up by the end of October.

Sorry to hear that Chad.  I worry about our cats who are now 13 years old.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5538 on: September 29, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
So what's happening in Blob's world today?

Blob's world, Blob's world, party time, excellent! *air guitar*

Just the usual here. :lol

Good luck, man!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5539 on: September 29, 2017, 08:56:07 AM »
Shwing!  So blobbing I see.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5540 on: September 29, 2017, 09:50:19 AM »

Damn, so sorry for your loss of the family pet.  Thats one long life for the kitty and Im sure it was a good one.  So sad.  On the other hand, good luck with the interviews

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5541 on: September 29, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »
Chad, very sorry to hear about the cat. I'm sure this kids were very attached.

In my past life, I had two cats, and one literally dropped dead. It was very sad.
I remember telling a kid at work, and he made me a sympathy card and drew a cat with a Reggie Lewis jersey on. :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5542 on: September 29, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »
 :lol I adopted two cats 3 years ago and I had to put one to sleep a few months later, he was very sickly from day one and his surgery didn't go well.  Really sucked and was upsetting but I hadn't had enough time to get really attached to him so can't imagine how hard it must be after almost 20 years.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5543 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:39 AM »
Thanks men.  We just got back.  Tears were shed.  It was hard, but between the seizure, a new tumor somewhere in there, kidney disease, and hypo-thyroidism... her time was drawing to a close.

Time to put on some good music, and pour my afternoon coffee.  Onward and upward.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #5544 on: September 29, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about you cat, j.b.  Though, 19.5 years is a helluva run for a cat.

In cheerier matters, my program just hit it's major goal (study start by end of 3Q) by a couple of hours!  :lol
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5545 on: September 29, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal

....and just realized I left my ticket home for tonights concert.  It'll be a real pain in the ass to get home and then get into the city when my work is so close to the venue.  I've been on hold waiting for customer service with axs for an hour now because I want to see if they can email me a pdf of my ticket (I had a physical ticket).  I'm so mad at myself.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5546 on: September 29, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
:metal :metal :metal

....and just realized I left my ticket home for tonights concert.  It'll be a real pain in the ass to get home and then get into the city when my work is so close to the venue.  I've been on hold waiting for customer service with axs for an hour now because I want to see if they can email me a pdf of my ticket (I had a physical ticket).  I'm so mad at myself.

I've only done that once.

My buddy and I were going down to LA to see Black Label Society's "UnBlackened" Show (the one they taped for DVD- with Derek Sherinian on keys!). We got all the way down past the 405 (I live in Ventura County.. about an hour and 10 minute drive) before I realized. We had to turn around, go all the way back, and head out again. I bought my buddy a drink as an apology (since he was driving, even though I got the tickets for us). LUCKILY I over estimate drive times and we still were able to get down there with an hour before the doors.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5547 on: September 29, 2017, 03:12:56 PM »
Since axs still had me on hold for over an hour, my gf called the venue and within 1 minute confirmed if I thought my I'd credit card and had my order number they'd get me in.

I've done this a few times sadly.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5548 on: September 29, 2017, 05:36:48 PM »
That almost happened to me with The Shattered Fortress on Sunday. Switched the ticket from print at home to will call on the bus ride into the city :lol

Kicking myself right now because I got a new phone today and proceeded to leave my bag from Verizon on the train home from work. Not the end of the world as I already had the new phone activated and in my pocket, but I definitely need the micro to USB-C charge cable converter that was in there  :censored
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5549 on: September 29, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »
Did that for a Bruins game.  I had to buy a cheap seat.  Bore was I a jackass jumping up and down in a rage when I figured out I didn't have my ticket.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5550 on: September 29, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
Evening fellas

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5551 on: September 29, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »
Yo

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5552 on: September 29, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
Yo, what's happening?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5553 on: September 29, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »
I'm bored and tired. My buddy is playing a show in an hour, but I have to be up early for work in the AM.

I wanna go to sleep but it is too early to go to bed for the night yet too late to just take a nap.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5554 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »
How early do you have to be up?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5555 on: September 29, 2017, 10:00:14 PM »
So Simone came out and sang with Lacuna Coil then they had issues which lead to Christina singing ACDCs highway to Hell with no backing band and asked a fan to sing the guitar solo and he nailed it. Then Epica played and the whole crew came out and moshed on stage. What an epic concert

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5556 on: September 29, 2017, 11:52:46 PM »
:metal :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5557 on: September 30, 2017, 01:02:06 AM »
How early do you have to be up?

6am my time. Wound up watching a movie and went to bed at 11pm. It's now midnight and I'm freaking wide awake..

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5558 on: September 30, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »
That's because midnight is way too early to go to sleep, silly! :blob:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5559 on: September 30, 2017, 04:27:00 AM »
jingle.son working the market again, so here I be.  Definitely going to be feeling an afternoon nap, as there is an annual art festival downtown Toronto (Nuit Blanche) that both jingle.kids want to go to.  It runs overnight, but we'll head down when it starts and make sure my ass is back home by bedtime.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5560 on: September 30, 2017, 05:15:59 AM »
Morning folks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5561 on: September 30, 2017, 05:17:41 AM »
Morning king!
Gotta go to bed early tonight, because I have Comic-Con tomorrow! Also, it's stupid daylight saving time starting or ending or whatever dumb shit, which means we lose an hour. Any other day of the year and it wouldn't have made a difference for me. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5562 on: September 30, 2017, 05:41:43 AM »
 :lol

Any big names going to be there?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5563 on: September 30, 2017, 05:49:49 AM »
Not a very good lineup this time, but I don't go for that anyway, that's just a bonus.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5564 on: September 30, 2017, 05:52:16 AM »
Plus, it's your only exercise and seeing the sun! :lol