Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 294463 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #2030 on: April 07, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
Lol, I know, right?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2031 on: April 07, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
I mean to insinuate that a prog musician would reduce themselves to worrying about their hair is unfounded.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2032 on: April 07, 2017, 07:22:49 PM »

^
The single reason I ignored WDADU when it came out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2033 on: April 07, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
 :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2034 on: April 07, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »
Totally true. I had it in my hands.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2035 on: April 07, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »

There's other websites for that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2036 on: April 07, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »
Good evening folks.

Here's hoping for a quiet Friday evening at work. Shift's halfway over. But the second half is when the fun usually happens.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2037 on: April 07, 2017, 07:51:54 PM »

There's other websites for that.

You would know, old man!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2038 on: April 07, 2017, 07:53:57 PM »
I wouldn't have my pants on.

Hey Jay.  Wait a sec...
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2039 on: April 07, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »
I wouldn't have my pants on.

It's a disc drive, not a...oh nevermind...

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2040 on: April 07, 2017, 11:55:35 PM »
Color me (un)surprised that Steel Panther gets very little love around here.   ::)

I know right? I would have never guessed! :neverusethis: It would be like trying to have a gangbang at an old folk's home.

Which Steel Panther also have a song about. :zydar:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2041 on: April 08, 2017, 06:07:36 AM »
Morning, g'day, or good evening...depending where you are.

Just finished up paying our income taxes for another year. Oh, goody!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2042 on: April 08, 2017, 06:09:18 AM »
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2043 on: April 08, 2017, 06:21:09 AM »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:09:25 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2044 on: April 08, 2017, 08:12:41 AM »
Welp besides it being a wet evening last night, all went well.

Got off at 11pm.

Came back in just now at 7am. I've got some Steven Wilson playing. No one died in the 8 hours I was gone. Should be a nice easy shift. *knocks on wood*
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2045 on: April 08, 2017, 08:54:20 AM »
Morning

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2046 on: April 08, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
yo

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2047 on: April 08, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »
 What's up, Jay?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2048 on: April 08, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »
Not much. Trying to stay awake at work.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2049 on: April 08, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »
Caffeinate

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2050 on: April 08, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »
Already downed a 5 hour energy. I am still technically trying to kick caffeine, so if I do anything else, it'll just be a soda or something.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2051 on: April 08, 2017, 09:30:32 AM »
You're better off with coffee. Coming off the rush of those 5 hour energy drinks sometimes makes you more tired.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2052 on: April 08, 2017, 09:34:02 AM »
You're better off with coffee. Coming off the rush of those 5 hour energy drinks sometimes makes you more tired.
True
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2053 on: April 08, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »
That may be the direction I go.

It would require driving though.. which I don't wanna do. We have a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, as well as a Starbucks, adjacent to my work, but both their coffee tastes like burnt cat piss. I'd take McDonald's coffee over it any day. 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2054 on: April 08, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »
I just went with 5 hour because I found a case of like 6 for $3 on clearance a few days ago.  lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2055 on: April 08, 2017, 09:38:54 AM »
McDonald's coffee isn't too bad. As far as Starbucks, get the blonde roast. I stopped getting the darker roasts because the asshats that work there don't know how to make coffee. At least with the blonde roast, it's lighter and you get to actually taste the coffee. Plus I like asking for a tall blonde.  ;)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2056 on: April 08, 2017, 09:46:05 AM »
The Veranda roast is liquid caffeinated sex. I usually forget about it until it's too late.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2057 on: April 08, 2017, 09:54:13 AM »
Just never get the normal espresso. The guest beans are ALWAYS nicer.

I always get the guest beans even if it's a few pence more.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2058 on: April 08, 2017, 09:54:31 AM »
The Veranda roast is liquid caffeinated sex. I usually forget about it until it's too late.

That's the blonde one they usually have. Next time you go in just ask for liquid caffeinated sex. I want to know their reaction.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2059 on: April 08, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »
I haven't gotten Starbucks coffee in ages. Really just not into it at all anymore.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2060 on: April 08, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
Costa > > > Starbucks.

Plus I had a massive crush on a Barista in Costa in 2009. So that didn't hurt :hat

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2061 on: April 08, 2017, 01:17:49 PM »
One of the Starbucks baristas used to give me the eyes when I would go in, so that made me go there more for a while. I certainly would have made a move if she wasn't literally half my age. Not that dating a 24 year old a couple of years ago proved anything.   :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2062 on: April 08, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Oh what a day.

I've had the same person yell at me about something 3x in the last 18 hours  here at work. Last night the issue was on shitty timing. Today it was shitty timing and me working with an incompetent coworker.

The dude called last night about something that my coworker just missed (bad timing... 48 square acre property.. cant be everywhere at once.)

And then called today for the same thing (asshole kids skating and being assholes) and chewed me out. My coworker today decided right before then to leave and go get lunch. On the other side of town. Was gone for half an hour. The normal rule of thumb is to not leave for more than 15 min, and to stay withing a mile radius (the problems of working an 8 hour shift with a working lunch). So bad timing.  I ran into the kids right after dumbass coworker gets back, and chase them off property. As I finish, I run into the resident who has at that time screamed at me 2x over the phone. He proceeds to chew me out again. To the point where I lost my professionalism and was kind of a dick back to him.

He told me that he's going to report me, yadda yadda, and he's already written an email to the property manager regarding the situation, and will write another one regarding me.  Give him my name and say go right ahead and walk away.

I then called my boss and told him what happened. I basically was told not to worry, the dude is an asshole, and just make sure all my I's are dotted and T's are crossed on my end.

It was so hard not to tell the dude to go fuck himself.

One of the Starbucks baristas used to give me the eyes when I would go in, so that made me go there more for a while. I certainly would have made a move if she wasn't literally half my age. Not that dating a 24 year old a couple of years ago proved anything.   :lol

There is, or was, this really cute Barista working in the Starbucks in the Vons (Safeway) next to my work. Blonde. A tad thick. Glasses. Cute enough to make me kinda stutter (worse than normal) when talking to her. Sadly though I think she was only filling in at this location, and is now working full time in another town.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf  by my work(which is so much better than Starbucks) has some good looking girls in it, but the one near my county job I had for 6 months took the cake. Everyone in there was really cute, and the girls were also all really sweet. It got to the point where I was calling my order in on my way to work and one or two of them would answer the phone and I'd get a "Hi Jeremy!" when they heard my voice. Good times.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2063 on: April 08, 2017, 01:35:10 PM »

I have a problem NOT doing that when the situation deserves it.

There is, or was, this really cute Barista working in the Starbucks in the Vons (Safeway) next to my work. Blonde. A tad thick. Glasses. Cute enough to make me kinda stutter (worse than normal) when talking to her. Sadly though I think she was only filling in at this location, and is now working full time in another town.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf  by my work(which is so much better than Starbucks) has some good looking girls in it, but the one near my county job I had for 6 months took the cake. Everyone in there was really cute, and the girls were also all really sweet. It got to the point where I was calling my order in on my way to work and one or two of them would answer the phone and I'd get a "Hi Jeremy!" when they heard my voice. Good times.

Nice. Sometimes it's worth going somewhere just to see those same warm smiles.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: April 08, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »

I have a problem NOT doing that when the situation deserves it.

I know how far I can bend things before I run the risk of really getting in trouble. I told a resident to go fuck himself once, back in like December. I was able to get away with it because the guy was drunk was trying to get physical with me.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"