Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 295719 times)

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #875 on: March 09, 2017, 07:11:18 AM »
As long as the heart monitor outcome was good, sounds like a mostly awesome week. :tup

On an unrelated note, Hef, is our amalgamated deity name to be Hefferplex or Hyperdaddy?
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #876 on: March 09, 2017, 07:15:36 AM »
Morning all.

In a sign of increasing age, I had to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours earlier this week.

Please don't casually vomit up scary shit and then not explain. Seriously, hope all is well.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #877 on: March 09, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
As long as the heart monitor outcome was good, sounds like a mostly awesome week. :tup

On an unrelated note, Hef, is our amalgamated deity name to be Hefferplex or Hyperdaddy?
IMO, Hyperdaddy has a better ring to it than Hefferplex lol

In a sign of increasing age, I had to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours earlier this week.

Please don't casually vomit up scary shit and then not explain. Seriously, hope all is well.
Well, MOST is well.  I had some really odd symptoms about a month and a half ago, some of which followed off and on for a couple more weeks (although nothing in the last several weeks).  I had already seen my primary care doctor.  On Valentine's Day, I had a weird tingling sensation in my left arm (no pain, just weird), and knowing that it could possibly be heart attack or stroke, I went to the ER and was poked, prodded, and tested pretty much all day.  The feeling went away, and they didn't really find anything, and referred me to a neurologist to see if there was anything going on there (there wasn't).

So then I had my primary care doctor refer me to a cardiologist, just to be thorough.  And like I said, no weird symptoms or feelings since that day, so it could be just a phase or nothing serious.  But, to be thorough, I wore the heart monitor for 48 hours, and I go back in two weeks for a stress test.  If there's nothing wrong, great.  If there is, we find out what it is and treat it.  Just another problem to solve, no big deal.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #878 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
Have you ever had a burning in your chest, like really bad heartburn that seemed to radiate?
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #879 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:31 AM »
Have you ever had a burning in your chest, like really bad heartburn that seemed to radiate?
Occasionally.  Hardly ever.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #880 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »
Better safe than sorry Hef.  Glad you are getting it checked out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #881 on: March 09, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »
Quite the eventful week for sure.  Joe... sorry to hear how shit work is - I know that dance, and it ain't no fun.

As for name mash-ups, I'm not sure mine would work with anyone - jingle.daddy, Kingjingle, blobvanjingle, jingle.plex, jingle.snob, jingle.pod... nothing comes up aces.

Goddamned dogs - I've got a 13 week old puppy that can't hold his pee for more than 6-7 hours; and his 9 year old great uncle can't either!  It's been a series of 4:30-5am start times around here.  What the hell is good in being unemployed if I'm getting up 2 hours earlier than when I was employed!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:25 AM »
Just burnt from the turnover Chad and the constant battle as we talked about and dealing with Dad's issues.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #883 on: March 09, 2017, 08:17:36 AM »

That's good. My dad had that a lot and completely ignored it. When he finally told his doc, he was immediately ordered to have a stress test which he failed right away. Angina. That was almost 20 years ago, though.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #884 on: March 09, 2017, 08:34:39 AM »
G'morning all. Been at work 90 minutes and so far managed to empty/sort my inbox and by Kong tickets for tonight. Quite the productive morning :lol

Today also marks six weeks since the construction crew showed up and started on the major house renovations. Everyone's pretty sick of not having a kitchen (and losing some other space on the first floor temporarily), and we still have a few more weeks to go. Will all be worth it in the end though.
Photobucket sucks.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #885 on: March 09, 2017, 08:55:52 AM »

That's good. My dad had that a lot and completely ignored it. When he finally told his doc, he was immediately ordered to have a stress test which he failed right away. Angina. That was almost 20 years ago, though.
I doubt that's it.  But if it is, we will deal with it however we need to.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #886 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:11 AM »
So I'm ordering graphics through a printer in Spain to be delivered to our event in Barcelona. The final bill is, of course, in Euros, and I have the option of initiating a bank transfer or charging it. So I went to our office manager and had the following converstaion:

ME: *recounts situation* Do you know if AMEX will charge a fee for a foreign transaction?
HER: I just got €440 for like, $480 at the bank."
ME: I know how the exchange rate works, a euro is more than a dollar....thats not what I asked."
HER: I just told you it costs more to get fewer euros.
ME: AGAIN not what I asked. Do you know if AMEX will charge us a fee for a foreign transaction?
HER: The bank did.
ME: Never mind I'll just charge the fucking thing.

*headdesk*

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #887 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:38 AM »

From what you've said I don't think that's it either. Was just a concern since I witnessed my dad with it.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #888 on: March 09, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »
So I'm ordering graphics through a printer in Spain to be delivered to our event in Barcelona. The final bill is, of course, in Euros, and I have the option of initiating a bank transfer or charging it. So I went to our office manager and had the following converstaion:

ME: *recounts situation* Do you know if AMEX will charge a fee for a foreign transaction?
HER: I just got €440 for like, $480 at the bank."
ME: I know how the exchange rate works, a euro is more than a dollar....thats not what I asked."
HER: I just told you it costs more to get fewer euros.
ME: AGAIN not what I asked. Do you know if AMEX will charge us a fee for a foreign transaction?
HER: The bank did.
ME: Never mind I'll just charge the fucking thing.

*headdesk*
:facepalm:

From what you've said I don't think that's it either. Was just a concern since I witnessed my dad with it.
:tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: March 09, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
Bill, I'm thinking of leaving early at work and heading up to Bissell Brothers Brewing in Portland, ME for some beers for the weekend.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #890 on: March 09, 2017, 10:09:49 AM »
Bill, I'm thinking of leaving early at work and heading up to Bissell Brothers Brewing in Portland, ME for some beers for the weekend.

I like your style Joe. I need to pick up beers at some point, I don't currently have anything on hand to serve as a suitable shower beer, and it ain't a weekend unless I'm drinking in the shower :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #891 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:44 AM »
Now certain weatherpeoples are calling a 40% chance of a "significant snowfall event" for the mid-Atlantic this coming Tuesday. *sigh*

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #892 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »
Yeah, my uncle was supposed to be coming up from Raleigh to visit for the weekend but ended up canceling at the last minute because they're supposed to get some snow and he didn't want to leave my aunt alone.
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: March 09, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
Due to the snow storm tomorrow, United has allowed me to change my flight for free and after getting permission from my manager, I am now catching a red eye tonight to hopefully land before it starts snowing back home.  This works out well because now I won't go to work tomorrow and if the snow lets down by the evening as it should, I can go to the Amaranthe concert in the evening.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #894 on: March 09, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »
That's pretty solid. I always hated red eye flights, as I usually find it near impossible to fall asleep on an airplane.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #895 on: March 09, 2017, 10:44:07 AM »
Due to the snow storm tomorrow, United has allowed me to change my flight for free and after getting permission from my manager, I am now catching a red eye tonight to hopefully land before it starts snowing back home.  This works out well because now I won't go to work tomorrow and if the snow lets down by the evening as it should, I can go to the Amaranthe concert in the evening.

Amaranthe is in Baltimore tonight I think. Didn't have the time to go.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: March 09, 2017, 10:48:16 AM »
That's pretty solid. I always hated red eye flights, as I usually find it near impossible to fall asleep on an airplane.

I take sleeping pills on flights and it works for me.  But it's usually very poor sleep and I don't wake up refreshed, however, it does a great job passing the time on a flight where I typically find it very hard to sit still. 

Amaranthe is in Baltimore tonight I think. Didn't have the time to go.

Yup, I am somewhat worried they may not be coming back for awhile since one of the singers quit.  So I was actually going to go to PA on Saturday to catch the last concert of the tour, in case they actually never come back  :lol  It seems I won't have to go that far out of my way now.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #897 on: March 09, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »
Red eye's are the worst.  I avoided them at all costs.  You never get any decent sleep, and then either napping for most of the morning, or trying to power through the day and being completely unproductive by the early afternoon - usually needing a nap.  Might as well just take an early morning flight.

But, in the Cram's case, it makes sense.  Mother Nature ain't gonna wait.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #898 on: March 09, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
Only time I almost slept on a plane was going when I went to Italy a few years ago. Flight was leaving Philly at 4:30pm and then getting to Frankfurt the next morning for a layover before continuing to Rome. Knowing my issue with sleeping on flights I stayed up almost the whole night before so I'd be tired enough to sleep on the plane. We took off and I closed my eyes and could feel myself drifting off to sleep, only to have the stewardess wake me up to ask me what I wanted for dinner. Wide awake the rest of the flight :censored
Photobucket sucks.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #899 on: March 09, 2017, 11:45:55 AM »
Yeah, my uncle was supposed to be coming up from Raleigh to visit for the weekend but ended up canceling at the last minute because they're supposed to get some snow and he didn't want to leave my aunt alone.
We may get some snow, but the ground has been too warm for too long for it to accumulate.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: March 09, 2017, 12:06:04 PM »
Hi guys.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #901 on: March 09, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
ohmuhguh I'm so close to finishing this fucking project I just need one more goddamn approval and I can send the final out and be DONE.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: March 09, 2017, 03:03:21 PM »
I've got less than three hours left, not sure if I should have pizza now or later.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #903 on: March 09, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
I've got less than three hours left, not sure if I should have pizza now or later.

Yes.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: March 09, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »

Yes.

Pizza

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: March 09, 2017, 04:02:22 PM »

both

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #906 on: March 09, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »
Got my approvals, sent the files off around 4.

I'm fucking beat. Want bed.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: March 09, 2017, 05:26:51 PM »
I had it now :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »
I was just waiting in line to board the plane and decided to grab my headphones out of my book bag. I see the blinking light that the batteries are dying, which I knew I'd need to change before the flight. So I go to grab a rechargeable AAA battery from my back bag in the little pocket I keep a few of them in. I notice this pocket is scorching hot. I pull out the batteries and they are so ridiculously hot. One feels like the label melted onto it. Nothing else in the pocket is hot. I tossed them before boarding. No idea what's up with that but maybe one had a chemical reaction? Just reminded me of exploding phone batteries.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #909 on: March 09, 2017, 09:54:37 PM »
Maybe the battery was bad, or by some fluke of events something was shorting it out? Was there anything else in the pocket that could have carried a current? Wouldn't want it happening again, but it's lucky you noticed it in time before anything worse happened.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.