Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 295187 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #700 on: March 05, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »
Time of day to you Blob.

OOOOHHHHHHHHH like the time travel.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #701 on: March 05, 2017, 10:13:27 PM »
Hey guys

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #702 on: March 06, 2017, 04:18:19 AM »
Morning, or for something simple for blob, hi!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2017, 04:21:29 AM »
Greetings Reaper!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #704 on: March 06, 2017, 05:08:45 AM »
What's happening?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #705 on: March 06, 2017, 05:38:25 AM »
Such a glorious weekend.  Not having to rush and get everything done that I normally have to on a weekend.  Got a few things to putter around with today - Costco run chief on the list.  Other than that, the Spring of Chad starts in earnest.

Be jealous bitches.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #706 on: March 06, 2017, 05:40:22 AM »
Get back to me once you no longer know the difference between weekday and weekend. :neverusethis:

Hey buddy! Glad you're enjoying yourself.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: March 06, 2017, 05:58:44 AM »
Have a good time. I took time off from working before moving to Charlotte and it was glorious, so so glorious.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #708 on: March 06, 2017, 06:07:56 AM »
Get back to me once you no longer know the difference between weekday and weekend. :neverusethis:

I hate you too.

Morning!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #709 on: March 06, 2017, 06:14:12 AM »
Morning king! Gonna check out a new time travel show in a couple of hours. It doesn't look that great, but eh, it's time travel!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: March 06, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »
Morning king! Gonna check out a new time travel show in a couple of hours. It doesn't look that great, but eh, it's time travel!

Tell us how it was on page 47 :neverusethis:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2017, 06:19:37 AM »
What's the name of it?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: March 06, 2017, 06:33:17 AM »
Time After Time. HG Welles is the main character. Yet another time travel show with a generic vaguely time related name. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #713 on: March 06, 2017, 06:34:18 AM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:08:18 AM by Kotowboy »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: March 06, 2017, 06:48:31 AM »
My DVR is too full to take on another TV show right now.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: March 06, 2017, 06:52:35 AM »
My DVR is too full to take on another TV show right now.

First world problems right? :lol
You need to blob more, power through them!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: March 06, 2017, 06:56:27 AM »

That could take a while... I have high-school aged kids.  So, I always know when it's Monday-Friday.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: March 06, 2017, 06:57:42 AM »
My wife bitched about her false nail breaking opening a beer can.  1st world problems! :lol

Then I got yelled at for not opening it for her.  All men's world problems. :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #718 on: March 06, 2017, 07:15:59 AM »
This weekend utterly drained me.

Saturday on our way to dinner, getting onto the highway we notice a large backup on the onramp only to realize it was an accident that had just happened; one vehicle, a Jeep Cherokee, was off the road on its side. So I, along with about 6 other cars, all pull over and get out to help. One driver, no passengers, no other vehicles, we are all steadying the car and a few of us are holding the door open so the driver can climb out. After some struggling he gets out, we let the door close and then we tip the car back onto its tires. Amazingly the driver is completely unhurt, aware, and in remarkably good spirits. He says an animal darted in front of his car on the onramp and he tried to avoid it and before he knew it he was skidded off the road and tipping over. Had his seatbelt on, which probably saved his life. One or two people stuck around with him while waiting for EMS and a tow truck. So that was around 5:30 in the evening.

Fast forward to overnight Saturday, around 1:50am. We are asleep, with plans to go out to breakfast fairly early the next morning. My wife's phone rings, and it's her colleague and friend who happens to live down the street from us. She doesn't make a habit of middle of the night calls, so my wife answers. All she hears is her friend calling her name and saying "I'm freezing to death" and then she hangs up. I should add it's roughly 12° outside. So my wife frantically throws on some clothes, gets her phone and keys and drives over to our friend's house, telling me to stay in the house with the kids who are still sound asleep.

Short while later my wife returns home, I go downstairs to see our friend literally in a ball on the floor, desperately snuggling our big dog, shivering under blankets my wife has given her. She reeks of alcohol and has told my wife she's been outside for 3 hours and is locked out of her own house. Fearing hypothermia, I grab an in-ear thermometer and try to take her temperature while my wife looks up symptoms of hypothermia. Her core temp is too low for the thermometer to give any reading other than "Lo" so I call 911. This is much to the verbal displeaure of our friend who is insisting she needs to get home to her cat saying she's not going to the hospital.

Fire truck and ambulance arrive, everyone files into our living room where she is still laying on the floor. They ask her various questions, check her vitals, etc. Her BP is good, her body temp is slowly warming up, but her blood sugar is low. EMT asks us to get her a sandwich to raise her blood sugar and he starts trying to get the story from her. She says she's had 4 beers (bullshit), hasn't eaten in almost 24 hours and never took her anti-seizure medication (something we didn't know she was on). So this is why we called 911.

She refuses to let them take an EKG, but the EMT is pretty convinced she had a seizure. He is also pretty sure she isn't in any danger anymore, but he wants her to go to the ER. She continues to refuse so he has her sign a release. She answering all the questions properly so she is of sound mind, so he can't force her to go. He tells us what we need to do to watch out for her and gives us his cell number in case she seizes again. She barely eats any of the sandwich, everyone leaves, and we set her up to crash on our couch. Neither of us got much sleep even after she passed back out.

The next morning my wife goes back to her house with her while she calls a locksmith to get into her house and change the locks, etc. At this point we find out a little about what happened: Friday, she was told by the school that she would be losing her department chair position due to her unreliable attendance record this year. So in a fit of anxiety and depression, she basically just went out drinking. She wound up 2 counties south, with no memory of why she went there, and got pulled over and cited for a DUI. Her car was impounded, likely with her keys inside, and she got a cab home. Apparently, the cab left her at her house, where she realized she didn't have her keys, she had a seizure and passed out in the freezing cold, and when she woke up she called my wife. When my wife left her place round 9am, she was sleeping in her own bed and that was that.

tl;dr - helped at a car accident, then had a drunk friend suffering form hypothermia crash overnight at my house at 2am.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: March 06, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »
Jesus, what a terrible story but I'm glad you guys were around to help!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #720 on: March 06, 2017, 07:23:56 AM »
Yeah... that could've ended a lot worse.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #721 on: March 06, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »
Definitely glad to have been able to help in both cases.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #722 on: March 06, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »
Jesus, what a terrible story but I'm glad you guys were around to help!

agreed!

I just got my offer letter from Wells Fargo, so pumped !

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #723 on: March 06, 2017, 08:44:16 AM »
This weekend utterly drained me.

Saturday on our way to dinner, getting onto the highway we notice a large backup on the onramp only to realize it was an accident that had just happened; one vehicle, a Jeep Cherokee, was off the road on its side. So I, along with about 6 other cars, all pull over and get out to help. One driver, no passengers, no other vehicles, we are all steadying the car and a few of us are holding the door open so the driver can climb out. After some struggling he gets out, we let the door close and then we tip the car back onto its tires. Amazingly the driver is completely unhurt, aware, and in remarkably good spirits. He says an animal darted in front of his car on the onramp and he tried to avoid it and before he knew it he was skidded off the road and tipping over. Had his seatbelt on, which probably saved his life. One or two people stuck around with him while waiting for EMS and a tow truck. So that was around 5:30 in the evening.

Fast forward to overnight Saturday, around 1:50am. We are asleep, with plans to go out to breakfast fairly early the next morning. My wife's phone rings, and it's her colleague and friend who happens to live down the street from us. She doesn't make a habit of middle of the night calls, so my wife answers. All she hears is her friend calling her name and saying "I'm freezing to death" and then she hangs up. I should add it's roughly 12° outside. So my wife frantically throws on some clothes, gets her phone and keys and drives over to our friend's house, telling me to stay in the house with the kids who are still sound asleep.

Short while later my wife returns home, I go downstairs to see our friend literally in a ball on the floor, desperately snuggling our big dog, shivering under blankets my wife has given her. She reeks of alcohol and has told my wife she's been outside for 3 hours and is locked out of her own house. Fearing hypothermia, I grab an in-ear thermometer and try to take her temperature while my wife looks up symptoms of hypothermia. Her core temp is too low for the thermometer to give any reading other than "Lo" so I call 911. This is much to the verbal displeaure of our friend who is insisting she needs to get home to her cat saying she's not going to the hospital.

Fire truck and ambulance arrive, everyone files into our living room where she is still laying on the floor. They ask her various questions, check her vitals, etc. Her BP is good, her body temp is slowly warming up, but her blood sugar is low. EMT asks us to get her a sandwich to raise her blood sugar and he starts trying to get the story from her. She says she's had 4 beers (bullshit), hasn't eaten in almost 24 hours and never took her anti-seizure medication (something we didn't know she was on). So this is why we called 911.

She refuses to let them take an EKG, but the EMT is pretty convinced she had a seizure. He is also pretty sure she isn't in any danger anymore, but he wants her to go to the ER. She continues to refuse so he has her sign a release. She answering all the questions properly so she is of sound mind, so he can't force her to go. He tells us what we need to do to watch out for her and gives us his cell number in case she seizes again. She barely eats any of the sandwich, everyone leaves, and we set her up to crash on our couch. Neither of us got much sleep even after she passed back out.

The next morning my wife goes back to her house with her while she calls a locksmith to get into her house and change the locks, etc. At this point we find out a little about what happened: Friday, she was told by the school that she would be losing her department chair position due to her unreliable attendance record this year. So in a fit of anxiety and depression, she basically just went out drinking. She wound up 2 counties south, with no memory of why she went there, and got pulled over and cited for a DUI. Her car was impounded, likely with her keys inside, and she got a cab home. Apparently, the cab left her at her house, where she realized she didn't have her keys, she had a seizure and passed out in the freezing cold, and when she woke up she called my wife. When my wife left her place round 9am, she was sleeping in her own bed and that was that.

tl;dr - helped at a car accident, then had a drunk friend suffering form hypothermia crash overnight at my house at 2am.
Good Lord.  You need a weekend to recover from your weekend!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: March 06, 2017, 09:06:40 AM »
Looks like someone was saving live this weekend... but damn your neighbor is a mess  :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #725 on: March 06, 2017, 09:10:58 AM »
Looks like someone was saving live this weekend... but damn your neighbor is a mess  :lol

She's always been drama-inducing, but not to this scale with us. She has had some rough patches in her life, but she has also made a lot of her own problems.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #726 on: March 06, 2017, 09:18:25 AM »

She's always been drama-inducing, but not to this scale with us. She has had some rough patches in her life, but she has also made a lot of her own problems.

Something about drinking, not knowing where you are and how you end up somewhere, getting a dui, and passing out on your neighbor's house while refusing EMT treatment after being saved from freezing to death screams some serious problems IMO.  I know we all have moments where shit gets bad, but that, to me, screams for a call for help.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #727 on: March 06, 2017, 09:22:38 AM »
Agreed. There are issues present.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #728 on: March 06, 2017, 10:15:28 AM »
Wow, that's some weekend right there.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #729 on: March 06, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »
I am so thankful that the kids slept through the entire paramedic ordeal. And I'm glad everyone wound up okay in the end.

In a similar vein, is it normal to feel like you're putting EMTs and emergency responders out when you call them at 2:30am? Don't get me wrong, I am very glad our friend's condition was no worse than it was, but I felt myself almost apologizing to the responders when they didn't have to do anything particularly intense. Is that a typical response?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #730 on: March 06, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #731 on: March 06, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #732 on: March 06, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »
Tim.  Falling off a roof.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #733 on: March 06, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »

Let me guess..Seinfeld?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #734 on: March 06, 2017, 04:39:34 PM »

Let me guess..Seinfeld?

:youfail:

Guess you weren't around when that happened to Chino.

#tootiredtofindthethread