Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 295259 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2017, 02:36:16 AM »
Three and a half hours left until my weekend begins.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2017, 02:38:58 AM »
 :tup

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2017, 06:14:39 AM »
Got up at 5 this morning to piss and the wind was seriously whipping. Damn near had a heart attack when a tree landed on my house mid-piss.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »
How big of a tree Brian?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2017, 06:23:07 AM »
How big of a tree Brian?

Pretty good size. It was dead and I was planning on having it taken down this spring. I guess I get to save some money now. It snapped about 14-16 feet off the ground, and where it broke was probably 12-14 inches in diameter. The backyard and the top of my house look like a war zone. No damage to the house as far as I can tell. Looks like the tree hit and just blew apart. There are massive chunks of wood scattered all over the roof.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2017, 06:33:07 AM »
Morning gang

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:23 AM »
Morning Reaper.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: March 02, 2017, 06:36:04 AM »
What's happening blob?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #568 on: March 02, 2017, 06:38:52 AM »
Just the usual. What are your plans for this.............. *checks day* Thursday?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2017, 06:48:11 AM »
Nothing much, just going to clean up around the house. Go to work and give my two weeks notice which is always really uncomfortable.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2017, 06:54:39 AM »
How big of a tree Brian?

Pretty good size. It was dead and I was planning on having it taken down this spring. I guess I get to save some money now. It snapped about 14-16 feet off the ground, and where it broke was probably 12-14 inches in diameter. The backyard and the top of my house look like a war zone. No damage to the house as far as I can tell. Looks like the tree hit and just blew apart. There are massive chunks of wood scattered all over the roof.

Glad you guys are okay. We had a tree do exactly this a couple weeks ago. It was mostly dead and it snapped about 12 feet up, came down next to my house and hit my car in the driveway. It motivated me to pay tree trimmers to come in this week and cut a bunch of stuff back away from our house. We basically live at the end of our street bordering a forest. So they cut a bunch of stuff away behind and beside my house and are trimming a couple in the front yard to control the size.

The wind was insane here too last night. Even though we had all that stuff cleared away a couple days ago, I still couldn't sleep last night. That was some of the strongest wind I remember in a long, long time.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2017, 07:06:47 AM »
How big of a tree Brian?

No damage to the roof?  I had a huge Oak tree fall on our house and it went trough the roof.  I have pictures on Facebook.  I should post a few to show you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2017, 07:07:26 AM »
Just the usual. What are your plans for this.............. *checks day* Thursday?

Why am I not shocked you had to check? :lol

Morning.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2017, 07:12:51 AM »

Why am I not shocked you had to check? :lol

Morning.

I don't have any shows to watch on Thursday, so I have no frame of reference! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2017, 07:19:58 AM »
 :lol

Blob time.

It's like a TV Dial.

Since we got the DVR I never watch show the day it airs for the most part.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »
:lol

Blob time.

It's like a TV Dial.

Since we got the DVR I never watch show the day it airs for the most part.

I watch everything as soon as I can (not like I have anything else to do). When I wake up coincides well with when the night's shows have finished airing in the US and been uploaded, so it's the first thing I do.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #576 on: March 02, 2017, 07:28:42 AM »
My DVR is at 58% so I have about 95 shows still to watch.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »
Lightweight.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2017, 07:37:06 AM »
How big of a tree Brian?

No damage to the roof?  I had a huge Oak tree fall on our house and it went trough the roof.  I have pictures on Facebook.  I should post a few to show you.

None that I can see. I went in the attic and checked and all looked alright. I'll take a better look tonight after work. Like I said, this tree was super dead. It should have fallen years ago but it was being held up by a nearby pine. As soon as it hit the house it shattered like glass. Had it been a relatively healthy tree filled with a lot of water and weight, it probably would have done more.

How big of a tree Brian?

Glad you guys are okay. We had a tree do exactly this a couple weeks ago. It was mostly dead and it snapped about 12 feet up, came down next to my house and hit my car in the driveway. It motivated me to pay tree trimmers to come in this week and cut a bunch of stuff back away from our house. We basically live at the end of our street bordering a forest. So they cut a bunch of stuff away behind and beside my house and are trimming a couple in the front yard to control the size.

The wind was insane here too last night. Even though we had all that stuff cleared away a couple days ago, I still couldn't sleep last night. That was some of the strongest wind I remember in a long, long time.

I'm caught in this internal dilemma of investing money into the property like that or just moving.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:54:12 AM by Chino »

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2017, 07:44:15 AM »
I'm caught in this internal dilemma of investing money into the property like that or just moving.

I feel you, I've been stressed for weeks since that tree fell at our place. We are 1 1/2 years into a 30 year mortgage though, so I made the decision to invest in the property, pay the tree trimmers and make the house as safe as possible. Like you said, it pretty much takes a tree being mostly dead for that to happen under fairly normal weather situations, we got rid of those and now just have healthy trees on our property.

Still scared the crap out of me though. Like I said, I've been stressed ever since, which is not like me at all.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #580 on: March 02, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »
Morning, all.

We had thunderstorms last night as well, although they weren't overly severe.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #581 on: March 02, 2017, 08:15:35 AM »
It was 65 degrees yesterday tomorrow, highs in the low 20's.  Crazy.

Lightweight.

Downloader, please. :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #582 on: March 02, 2017, 08:48:13 AM »
Near 80 yesterday, 50 today, possible snow squalls tomorrow.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2017, 09:15:25 AM »
I'm glad that I don't have many trees on my property, one small one in the front yard (which does a nice job blocking my bedroom window so my neighbors don't see me doing things), and a bigger one in the backyard although not big enough or close enough to hit my house if it fell (it's also very healthy looking).  Growing up we had a HUGE tree in the backyard fall, it fell on an angle that let it just miss the house during a huge snow storm.  Had it fell 20 degrees difference, it probably would have done serious damage to the house.  I remember the root came out creating a huge hole in the ground and I would chill in it while the tree was still down which created like a cool hiding spot until people came to chop it up and then we had many years worth of firewood.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2017, 09:53:45 AM »
Greetings everybody.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2017, 10:30:57 AM »
What's up Bill?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2017, 10:36:40 AM »
Morning, all.

We had thunderstorms last night as well, although they weren't overly severe.

I love all storms... It was lovely and windy last night. I hate winter - but I think that if we must have winter - i'd rather have snow and gales and rain. Make it worthwhile.

Have a few awesome storms.. Not just drizzly rain and grey skies.

The windows were rattling last night and the extractor fans in my kitchen were flapping like crazy.  :coolio

And I was in a warm bed just listening to it all . Nice.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »
What's up Bill?

Not much. Another day at the office. Getting together with a couple friends for beers after work, which should be good. You?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
Friday, Lisa gets out at 3pm so dinner date and seeing Logan.  Then early Saturday morning I'm getting my car inspected, haircut and seeing dad.  Sunday is a lazy day with food shopping and seeing dad.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #589 on: March 03, 2017, 04:04:32 AM »
Oh, hai chat thread.  So good to see you my friend ... it's been a while.  Time to begin to heal the wounds of self denial.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: March 03, 2017, 04:29:31 AM »
Hey. I've missed having you around! :tup Wish it was under better circumstances, but still happy to see you.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #591 on: March 03, 2017, 04:42:49 AM »
Morning gents and Zydar.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #592 on: March 03, 2017, 04:49:24 AM »
Yo bitches. And king.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #593 on: March 03, 2017, 04:50:05 AM »
Hello all

Its almost 4 AM. Why am I still awake?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #594 on: March 03, 2017, 04:50:44 AM »
Hey Zydar and zombies and 4am Jay.