Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 290206 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #5845 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:44 AM »
How hot was it?

It got up to 94 yesterday.

Did. Not. Like.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5846 on: October 16, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
How hot was it?

Did. Not. Like.

10 degrees Celsius here today.  Loving the fall.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5847 on: October 16, 2017, 11:43:37 AM »
Yea, it's finally cooling off a bit here, was able to sleep comfortably with the windows open last night

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5848 on: October 16, 2017, 12:42:35 PM »
I didn't know intelligent women intimidated you. Another piece of the puzzle.  ;)

If you think this is an intelligent woman, then that too is another piece of the puzzle.   :P :D

Seriously though... It's like she is trying to be an intern for Alex Jones - though, I will grant that she's less of a conspirist than Jones, and does have some good points to make every so often.  For the most part though, she's human click-bait (imo).  But, let's not digress into potential P/R discussions here.  It is nice to see you posting.

Yes, let's not. I would hate to have to shame you over a woman.  :-*

Good afternoon guys. Prog it’s good to see you back.

Temp is finally dropping and it feels so nice outside.

How are things by you?

I've been talking to Axeman(Bill) about stopping in NJ for a beer on the way home from RoSfest next year.

When that does happen, be sure to let me know.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5849 on: October 16, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »
You know it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5850 on: October 16, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
My last 2 hours:

I get up to heat up my leftover rice, as I am huuuuungry.

As soon as I get up, phone rings. Deal with some BS over the phone for 20 minutes.

Get off phone.

Call owner of the company to give him a heads up on a situation.

New hire walks back in after going out to get something I needed to finish his hiring paperwork. Finish that up.

Send email to main office asking what else they need from me re: this new hire.

Remember that I am hungry.

Get up and start to pull rice out.

Hear email "ding"

Respond to email from main office re: new hire.

Get up and start scanning paperwork

Pulls rice out.

Hears email ding.

Responds to email.

Notices that paperwork has finished scanning.

Email paperwork to main office

Jump on DTF to type out my last 2 hours.

And I still haven't eaten...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5851 on: October 16, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »
So a normal day? Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5852 on: October 16, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
Basically.

I repeated that pattern for a little longer, finally heated my rice up, and realized I overcooked it and it turned to shit.

:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5853 on: October 16, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »

I just left work and realized I forgot to do two things. Now that adds to tomorrow and which I have a conference call in two new hires.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5854 on: October 16, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »
Holy fuck... I scrolled too fast, and initially thought Jay's post was done by King.  All the while I'm thinking it was bullshit.

A) No way he eats rice for lunch.
B) No way a new hire leaves and comes back.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5855 on: October 16, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »
Just as soon as I got back from Denver I am booking a trip to go back next month.  Actually pretty excited about this because my work travel dried up this year and I thought I'd lose my United status, but Denver and Jacksonville in November put me right on course to keep it assuming I do one more short trip (I'm thinking vacation during Winter break).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5856 on: October 16, 2017, 03:00:54 PM »
Holy fuck... I scrolled too fast, and initially thought Jay's post was done by King.  All the while I'm thinking it was bullshit.

Well let me shock you then Chad. I had brown rice that I mixed salsa and it and cut up fresh avocados and it today.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5857 on: October 16, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »

Well let me shock you then Chad. I had brown rice that I mixed salsa and it and cut up fresh avocados and it today.

Color me shocked.  But I know I'm right on the second point.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5858 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
 Yeah no way.  I've got two new hire starting tomorrow.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5859 on: October 16, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
:rollin

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5860 on: October 16, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »
How hot was it?

Did. Not. Like.

We broke a bunch of records, it was in the high 80's when the average is in the 60's.

Had a great conversation with my bosses boss today, looks like I might be looking at a promotion soon.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5861 on: October 16, 2017, 05:50:11 PM »

Let us know how that works out for ya.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5862 on: October 16, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »
Had a great conversation with my bosses boss today, looks like I might be looking at a promotion soon.

:metal :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5863 on: October 16, 2017, 06:38:31 PM »

Let us know how that works out for ya.

My workplace it the island of misfit toys.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5864 on: October 16, 2017, 06:43:47 PM »
Awe, Lehey passed away from Trailer Park Boys.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5865 on: October 16, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »
So my old supervisor made it seem like it took an act of God to get the okay from the higher ups to purchase things, from office supplies to other needed items.

So far I've been flat out told that if we need any office supplies, just go get them and send in the receipt. Mainly paper and ink.

Same for other small purchases. Our bicycle has a flat tire. Before my supervisor would spend weeks supposedly fighting with the higher ups to go get it repaired. He (old supervisor) wanted to take it into a repair shop the next town over, so they can charge $60 for "service". Why? No clue. It costs $10 to get an inner tube, and maybe less time to fix it than it takes to load the bike into the company car and drive out to drop it off.

The latest development involves a paper shredder. I'm still going through the process of organizing the filing system to my liking (which really just means organizing, as the dude stuffed stuff into filing cabinets by month... but never cleared things out... so his "September" folder has shit, from pointless things to employee write ups, dating back to 2014.  I sent a quick email to the owner, basically asking if they had a shredder laying around main office. I explained all the random shit I've  been digging up out of our filing cabinets, and he just straight up said "go buy one and send the receipt."

Now I am searching the web comparing paper shredders :lol I never thought I'd see this day.

Oh yea.. keep in mind that all of these purchases are on the company card. It's not like I am paying out of pocket and getting reimbursed.

Mind you this is all with the company card.

How hot was it?

Did. Not. Like.

We broke a bunch of records, it was in the high 80's when the average is in the 60's.

Nice!

That sucks, though I'll admit I've never seen an episode of that.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5866 on: October 17, 2017, 04:59:06 AM »
Good morning everyone.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5867 on: October 17, 2017, 08:30:49 AM »
Good morning!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5868 on: October 17, 2017, 08:32:18 AM »

What are the Trailer Park Boys?

Seriously.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5869 on: October 17, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »

Seriously.

Some show that I've never seen so I can't explain :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5870 on: October 17, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »

Seriously.

It's a Canadian comedy show.  Alex Lifeson has appeared on it.   It's a funny show about a small trailer park and the characters are so damn funny.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5871 on: October 17, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
The only episode I saw was the one with Alex Lifeson and it was damn funny.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5872 on: October 17, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
I honestly couldn't even tell you the last adult movie we saw in the theaters. A Might Wind? Blair Witch?

I use a different definition for "adult movie". 

B) I buggered my knee, and haven't been able to get on the exercise bike in a few days - and that's when/where I do most of my gaming.  I will get to it soon though.  :soon:

And I use a different definition for "buggered" too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5873 on: October 17, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
I honestly couldn't even tell you the last adult movie we saw in the theaters. A Might Wind? Blair Witch?

I use a different definition for "adult movie". 

Hah! ;D

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5874 on: October 17, 2017, 03:28:18 PM »
My stepmother is pissing me off. We haven't really spoken a lot recently... And we are making plans for she, my sister, and myself to go out for dinner sometime soon. My sister has this (cute prog loving) friend whom she's been hanging out with. I've had a couple conversations with this girl... we are friends on FB... she's fucking awesome. Anyways... it turns out my sister has plans to go chill with this friend at the same time we were planning dinner. I made a comment in via text about how I'm glad my sister has found such an awesome friend to hang out with, and that I think she'll be good for her.

My stepmother (who's very conservative Christian) then went on a short rant bout how the friend is a band influence as her believes are the polar opposite of what they (sister and stepmother) believe, and how she really doesn't like her hanging out with people like that, yadda yadda.

My sister 20, and has been really... weird her entire life. She has few friends. This friend doesn't do drugs. She doesn't party. She's very respectful of other people's opinions in life. There's no reason to call her a "Bad Influence". 

I had to bite my tongue (or thumb in this case?) and just responded with something along the lines of "(My sister) is very strong willed and I don't think outside influences like a friend like that will ever be able to persuade her against her beliefs. She could be hanging out with people who are MUCH worse."

I haven't gotten a response.  It's shitty, because even though my personal beliefs do NOT line up with my stepmother's and sister's, I never hold it against them. I respect their beliefs. I hate seeing others, especially those I call family, being assholes like this.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #5875 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
My stepmother is pissing me off. We haven't really spoken a lot recently... And we are making plans for she, my sister, and myself to go out for dinner sometime soon. My sister has this (cute prog loving) friend whom she's been hanging out with. I've had a couple conversations with this girl... we are friends on FB... she's fucking awesome. Anyways... it turns out my sister has plans to go chill with this friend at the same time we were planning dinner. I made a comment in via text about how I'm glad my sister has found such an awesome friend to hang out with, and that I think she'll be good for her.

My stepmother (who's very conservative Christian) then went on a short rant bout how the friend is a band influence as her believes are the polar opposite of what they (sister and stepmother) believe, and how she really doesn't like her hanging out with people like that, yadda yadda.

My sister 20, and has been really... weird her entire life. She has few friends. This friend doesn't do drugs. She doesn't party. She's very respectful of other people's opinions in life. There's no reason to call her a "Bad Influence". 

I had to bite my tongue (or thumb in this case?) and just responded with something along the lines of "(My sister) is very strong willed and I don't think outside influences like a friend like that will ever be able to persuade her against her beliefs. She could be hanging out with people who are MUCH worse."

I haven't gotten a response.  It's shitty, because even though my personal beliefs do NOT line up with my stepmother's and sister's, I never hold it against them. I respect their beliefs. I hate seeing others, especially those I call family, being assholes like this.

Your stepmother must be very insecure in her beliefs if she thinks that your sister merely hanging out with someone who isn't identical is a bad influence"...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5876 on: October 18, 2017, 09:15:21 AM »
Working from home today, I can definitely get used to this.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5877 on: October 19, 2017, 06:50:52 AM »
Blobdity Blob, Blob, Blob!

Morning!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5878 on: October 19, 2017, 06:51:48 AM »
Morning Blob, morning King.

There's another dead Bishop on the landing.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5879 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
Morning, folks! What's the latest?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.