Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 292818 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #4620 on: August 05, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
Nostalgia?

The first few seasons of Poke'mon. Dexter's Lab. Fairly Odd Parents. Old School Spongebob.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4621 on: August 05, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
Nostalgia?

The first few seasons of Poke'mon. Dexter's Lab. Fairly Odd Parents. Old School Spongebob.

My nostalgia could beat up your nostalgia. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4622 on: August 05, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »
Dexters lab, I used to love that show.

My gf just dropped some bombs on me, her sister is having her daughters birthday party here in December and her parents are coming again for 3 weeks. So what I'm saying is who wants to have me come over and stay for the holidays?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4623 on: August 05, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »

My gf just dropped some bombs on me, her sister is having her daughters birthday party here in December and her parents are coming again for 3 weeks. So what I'm saying is who wants to have me come over and stay for the holidays?

Depends. Will you cook?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4624 on: August 05, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Only if you put out Jay.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4625 on: August 05, 2017, 09:12:37 AM »

Sure. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4626 on: August 05, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »
You'll never see blob though.  Blob time is, is who the hell knows his schedule?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4627 on: August 05, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »

Depends. Will you cook?

If by cooking I just order every meal

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4628 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »
You'll never see blob though.  Blob time is, is who the hell knows his schedule?!

There are some things man was not meant to know.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4629 on: August 05, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »

There are some things man was not meant to know.

Settle down Dr. Emmett Brown.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4630 on: August 05, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »

Depends. Will you cook?

If by cooking I just order every meal

As long as you're paying!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4631 on: August 05, 2017, 09:25:20 AM »
That can be arranged

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4632 on: August 05, 2017, 09:29:16 AM »
:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4633 on: August 05, 2017, 11:27:26 AM »
Watching the Wacken live stream, Alice Cooper is on now  :metal  Later is Avantasia but I dont think I'll be able to watch

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4634 on: August 05, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »
Ugh. So the ball got dropped at work today. It's partially my fault, but only because we are using a system to keep track of something that's literally just a white board with names, dates, and times scribbled on it. (It's an extra shift we have that's outside of our regular scheduling). I've been asking for months to devise a system of tracking them that's a little more... high tech.  Even if it's just emails to keep track of WHO is actually working them when they sign up (as it's basically an OT shift).

Nope.  I'm getting heat because this has happened 2x in 2 months and they were both after I was promoted.

Basically today's issue was a dude didn't show up for it. He didn't show up because he called me yesterday, while I was on a bus home, to ask if he was working that day (apparently he came in to the office to find that someone else had came in). I told him no, He's not scheduled till Monday. Which was true. Because on the SCHEDULE which I make and track daily, he's not on till Monday. I had no idea he was working this extra shift. I don't get the initial emails regarding them (as the property manager sends shit to the WRONG email address, and I've addressed it with her several times..) and  it was scheduled during my day off. Also, like I said, it's literally a white board with names and dates scribbled on them that's behind half of a door (our door is one of those half doors, with the top half kept open).

I told my supervisor that if I would have known about this when it was scheduled, even if it was an email, it wouldn't have happened. Unlike my life at home, When I am at work I am very detail orientated and almost obsessive compulsive. I triple check things. I over think things. He knows that. If this comes back and turns into a shit storm, I will be pissed.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4635 on: August 05, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »
Jay, you said you get emails regarding shifts right? If you get the property manager to mail you the shifts to the right email address toss that shit into Outlook Calender (or Google Calender) and add the email address of your employees on there.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4636 on: August 05, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »
A good chunk our employees are computer illiterate. So that wouldn't work

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4637 on: August 06, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
Afternoon guys

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4638 on: August 06, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »
Hey guys. Sipping on a little cocktail I made. 75 degrees and no humidity.  It's beautiful right now.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4639 on: August 06, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »
Lucky you King, it's hot as hell here, the air is so moist.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4640 on: August 06, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
Today the humidity was gone. Had lunch on an island between N.H. & Maine.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4641 on: August 06, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
15 minutes until GoT!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4642 on: August 06, 2017, 08:28:17 PM »
Good Evening

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4643 on: August 06, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
Good evening Jay

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4644 on: August 06, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »
How goes it?

I... acquired a copy of Star Wars Battefront II for PC a few days ago. I used to play the shit out of it when I was younger.

I've forgotten how much of a bitch this game can be. 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4645 on: August 06, 2017, 10:36:15 PM »
I got Battlefront II on PC months ago during a sale because I used to love playing it on the original XBOX with my friend, but the PC version is complete shit. After half an hour of messing around, I couldn't get the controls at all usable, so I never actually ended up being able to play it.
I should just buy the original XBOX version and play it on the 360, but I recall trying that years ago, and it was super laggy and fidgety and also unplayable.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4646 on: August 06, 2017, 10:42:42 PM »
I've had no issues with the PC version I tor... umm... acquired.

I think the reason I am having so much trouble is I'm pretty sure I used to really only played the campaign on co-op with my buddy :lol
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:50:13 PM by JayOctavarium »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4647 on: August 06, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »
I used to only play co-op too. :lol
The problem for me is that there's no way in hell I'm playing on a keyboard/mouse, and its controller support is beyond ass, so I can't set it up how it was on XBOX. I can't even change the deadzone, so the character just drifts around when I'm not touching anything.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4648 on: August 06, 2017, 10:50:55 PM »
I thought keyboard and mouse was going to suck.. but I have found that it's actually better IMO.. Did you play in 1st person or 3rd person?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4649 on: August 06, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
I always played in 3rd person. I've never been a fan of first person anything at all.

Still not using keyboard and mouse.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4650 on: August 07, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »
24 hours and no activity. Wow.

THIS SITE IS DEAD!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4651 on: August 07, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
24 hours and no activity. Wow.

THIS SITE IS DEAD!

Oh hey man. You don't know about the super secret chat thread? It's where all the cook kids went.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4652 on: August 07, 2017, 11:12:33 PM »
So just lonestar?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4653 on: August 07, 2017, 11:17:08 PM »
So just lonestar?

Lonestar doesn't need anyone else for stimulating conversation.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4654 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:31 AM »
lol

I've been in a bad place mentally. I actually look forward to peeps in this chat. DON'T TELL ME THAT I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A SECRET CHAT... THAT'S HEARTBREAKING...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"