Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 292166 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #4445 on: July 24, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »
Shit, that's a long trip, cram. How long will you have to put up with that for?

Depends.  My commute is 40 minutes without traffic.  There's aways traffic in the morning so an hour is fairly normal.  I've just noticed this trend the last couple Mondays.  The resolution is probably to wake up earlier to beat it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4446 on: July 24, 2017, 09:12:24 AM »
If you wake up earlier for work, then the system has won, man.

And that's a huge difference in travel time.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4447 on: July 24, 2017, 09:13:30 AM »
The advantage is if I get in earlier, I make more money so I really should just do it, but it's soooo hard to wake up extra early on a Monday especially after Game of Thrones Sunday nights now.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4448 on: July 24, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »
My sister moved to Germany yesterday and I saw my dad cry for the first time in my life. It was weird. He didn't even shed a tear (that I saw) when his mom died.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4449 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »
The advantage is if I get in earlier, I make more money so I really should just do it, but it's soooo hard to wake up extra early on a Monday especially after Game of Thrones Sunday nights now.

What time is GOT on there? Because of the time difference, I watch it during the day on Mondays.
And yes, money is a good motivator.
At least it should be. It doesn't work on my broken brain. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4450 on: July 24, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »
Prime time, 9PM Sunday nights.  No better place to be but in the man cave with the 60 inch TV and surround sound, lights out besides a candle with my GF and cat.

But she got me into following Big Brother this season, which is on at 8PM so we now have a night's full of TV on Sundays. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4451 on: July 24, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
Prime time, 9PM Sunday nights.  No better place to be but in the man cave with the 60 inch TV and surround sound, lights out besides a candle with my GF and cat.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4452 on: July 24, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
No. Hard wood floors.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4453 on: July 24, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »
 :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4454 on: July 27, 2017, 05:59:47 AM »
Slow thread these days.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4455 on: July 27, 2017, 06:28:21 AM »
Morning Chad.  I've been sick all week.  It started with fever and aches Monday afternoon.  It's moved to a chest cold with fevers off and on.  I've been taking Mucinex & a decongestant.  Still not enough.  I can hear the junk in my lungs with every cough.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4456 on: July 27, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »
That sucks. Have you missed work?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4457 on: July 27, 2017, 06:35:42 AM »
Nope.  3 11 hour days. It's extremely busy right now.  I am leaving early today if I can set up an appointment with my primary.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4458 on: July 27, 2017, 06:44:21 AM »
Nice. And there are too many people that simply don't feel like coming in.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4459 on: July 27, 2017, 06:46:48 AM »
I have to show the employees what dedication is.  Most simply will call out with allergies.  I have a guy who works weekends 4 pm to 4 am and asked to leave early to take his kids to school.  Um, you get out at 4am buddy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4460 on: July 27, 2017, 06:50:41 AM »
Or, "I feel like shit". I feel like shit every damn day!!!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4461 on: July 27, 2017, 06:51:57 AM »
I'm trying to get rid of a TV stand and I threw it on FB for free. The only person that has reached out is a girl I worked with years ago that turned into a really intense, year long fuck buddy relationship that started basically the day after my last relationship ended and right up until I met Victoria (current relationship). She spent the first couple weeks after we called it off trying to tempt me until she finally gave up. It was really frustrating. On one hand, I really want to get rid of this stupid TV stand, but on the other hand, I really don't want to see this girl or have her learn where I live.    ???

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4462 on: July 27, 2017, 06:56:03 AM »
When she comes just make sure the phone video is recording.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4463 on: July 27, 2017, 07:02:43 AM »
Cone off your house, leave the stand outside, wipe hands on pants

Nope.  3 11 hour days. It's extremely busy right now.  I am leaving early today if I can set up an appointment with my primary.

Given some of your stories of employees sucking, I almost think this is not going to make a difference.  Take care of yourself, if you have a fever, you should not be working. 

My boss sat me down a couple years ago, I had a minor surgery and came back to work early because I wanted to show I was able to work.  I ended up hurting myself a little because I should not have been on a ladder.  He told me nothing is more important than my health and certainly a job is not important.  He sent me home for a week.  He's right.  Take care of yourself, work is not that important in the grand scheme of things, nor is setting an example for people who aren't going to take notice.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4464 on: July 27, 2017, 07:06:25 AM »
You are lucky you had a boss like that. Not all bosses would do that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4465 on: July 27, 2017, 07:11:18 AM »
Very true, but you still have to take care of yourself and working 11 hours with a fever is not worth it IMO

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4466 on: July 27, 2017, 07:29:14 AM »
Fever's been off and on.  I can't get an appointment today.  Tomorrow have stupid times that I can't make.  I'm going home after my office work is done and crashing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4467 on: July 27, 2017, 07:33:06 AM »
I absolutely hate trying to schedule to see my Primary care.  It's almost always a month wait.  Maybe if it's bad try to find a walk in medical.  But rest and lots of water is maybe the best for a fever.  Feel better King

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4468 on: July 27, 2017, 07:44:55 AM »
I absolutely hate trying to schedule to see my Primary care.  It's almost always a month wait.  Maybe if it's bad try to find a walk in medical.  But rest and lots of water is maybe the best for a fever.  Feel better King

My primary care is a royal bitch to get into. I usually end up in a walk in. I don't think I shared this on the boards, but a few weeks ago I woke up with a 104 fever, distorted colors in my vision, and difficulty standing. We went straight to the ER. I ended up spending 4 nights there. When I got discharged, I called my primary care physician's office explaining that I was just hospitalized for 4 days and needed a follow up with my doctor to make sure my infection was in check. I was told "I'm sorry sir, five weeks out is the earliest availability we have".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4469 on: July 27, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »
Holy shit, what happened if you dont mind me asking?

I actually brought it up as well with my primary care a month or so ago when I went in that it's kind of ridiculous to wait so long for serious issues that I need my primary care for (not some walk in).  She blamed it on obamacare. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4470 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
That's nuts Brian.  I normally can get in that day but there are times I have to wait a day or two.  It's not right.  No doctor should have that many patients without a secondary doctor in that office.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4471 on: July 27, 2017, 08:54:01 AM »
About once a year I get this infection called cellulitis in my left leg. Doctor's aren't certain why it keeps recurring, but most agree it likely stems from damage to that leg when I fell off the balcony. I usually sense it's flaring up and get antibiotics. They do their thing and it goes away in a day or two. This most recent instance was unlike any time before. First of all, there was no warning. I just woke up and was down for the count. Once in the hospital, they couldn't get it to stop. They think it was a mutated, rare, antibiotic resistant form of the infection and no one knew what to do. After four nights and dozens of IV bags of antibiotics, it finally started to go away. The doctors weren't sure if it was the antibiotics that did it or if my body fought it off.

Here's a pic if you want to see what it looked like. They traced it to monitor where/if it was spreading.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/5484/kHSybB.jpg

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4472 on: July 27, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »
whoa that's crazy and scary.  I guess you have no idea if it'll come back again and how bad it may come back?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4473 on: July 27, 2017, 09:28:34 AM »
Cellulitis is seriously dangerous.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4474 on: July 27, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
whoa that's crazy and scary.  I guess you have no idea if it'll come back again and how bad it may come back?

No way of knowing. They say it usually get triggered by a scratch or something allowing bacteria and stuff in. It showed up a few days after I spent a weekend on a lake boating and stuff. I'm wondering if it was something in the water.

Cellulitis is seriously dangerous.

Yeah, this most recent time was pretty nerve racking. I never had a fever that high or for as long as I did. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4475 on: July 27, 2017, 02:55:36 PM »
Dude Chino glad you are okay.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4476 on: July 27, 2017, 05:29:43 PM »
Good evening, gents.

I'm currently at a cottage in the Catskills for my birthday weekend... Grilling by the pool, beer in hand, hot tub nearby.  Life is good.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4477 on: July 27, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
Aweeeee yeeeaaaahhh.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4478 on: July 27, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
Dude Chino glad you are okay.

Thanks. Me too!

Good evening, gents.

I'm currently at a cottage in the Catskills for my birthday weekend... Grilling by the pool, beer in hand, hot tub nearby.  Life is good.

Sounds like a blast. Ideal night right there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4479 on: July 27, 2017, 06:38:45 PM »
Good evening, gents.

Happy birthday!  Sounds like an awesome weekend