Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"  (Read 293756 times)

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. "The Aristocrats!"
« Reply #1610 on: March 30, 2017, 04:56:07 AM »
morning

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1611 on: March 30, 2017, 05:01:44 AM »
Morning!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1612 on: March 30, 2017, 05:19:06 AM »
Blob what's the progress like?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1613 on: March 30, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »
A very bright and jolly morning to you, Ladies and Gentlemen!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: March 30, 2017, 05:56:34 AM »
Blob what's the progress like?

Almost finished with making the necessary characters, then I might make some background extras. Almost ready to start animating!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1615 on: March 30, 2017, 06:10:57 AM »
Sweet, sounds like you've been making progress

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1616 on: March 30, 2017, 06:20:56 AM »
Morning folks!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1617 on: March 30, 2017, 06:28:39 AM »
Sweet, sounds like you've been making progress

Apparently yes, despite my best efforts otherwise. :lol

Morning king!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1618 on: March 30, 2017, 06:36:18 AM »
Blob, 2 weeks until I see Steel Panther again. :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: March 30, 2017, 06:37:10 AM »
:metal Nice. I saw them years ago, I think just after Balls Out was released.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1620 on: March 30, 2017, 06:40:15 AM »
I swear, at least half-a-dozen times per day, I cancel posting a message on this forum. Do you guys find yourselves self-censoring much?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: March 30, 2017, 06:43:04 AM »
I swear, at least half-a-dozen times per day, I cancel posting a message on this forum. Do you guys find yourselves self-censoring much?

Self censoring in what way?
I find myself not bother as much these days, because I can pretty much play out DTF's responses in my head and realize it's not worth the trouble. :P

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1622 on: March 30, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »
I don't so much "self-censor" as I second guess the worthwhileness of my post. After a few lines, my posts often feel meaningless or like they fail to contribute anything worthy to the discussion, so I end up cancelling them.

Morning all. Partly cloudy, chillier but still relatively nice today. Hope the sun pokes out a bit later.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1623 on: March 30, 2017, 06:44:32 AM »
I wish I could respond more.  Sometimes I don't have enough time to type out a long post.  You know, work and stuff.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1624 on: March 30, 2017, 06:46:56 AM »
Sometimes I wish my actual talking was more like my posting. I have more time to think and ponder the validity and value of my posts, and if I second- or third-guess, I don't post. If my mouth and brain worked that way, I'd be much better off.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1625 on: March 30, 2017, 06:47:16 AM »
After a few lines, my posts often feel meaningless or like they fail to contribute anything worthy to the discussion, so I end up cancelling them.

This is mostly what I was referencing, thanks Hyperplex. I also have a tendency to post weird or bullshit comments that are only funny to me. I'm trying to limit that as well.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1626 on: March 30, 2017, 06:50:16 AM »
I'm the same way. It's just like talking, too. I feel like I'm about to say something funny, that will get a few laughs, and it ultimately falls flat or gets ignored, so it's like why bother in the first place.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1627 on: March 30, 2017, 06:56:18 AM »
Yup  :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1628 on: March 30, 2017, 06:58:38 AM »
Sometimes I just don't have enough time to type out what i want to articulate. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1629 on: March 30, 2017, 07:01:25 AM »
Huh...I never would have guessed that, King.

This is probably an example of where I should not hit post.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1630 on: March 30, 2017, 07:04:23 AM »
Sometimes I just don't have enough time to type out what i want to articulate. 

And yet you do anyway. You make up for that time in proofreading though. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1631 on: March 30, 2017, 07:06:55 AM »
Sometimes I'd like to expand what I want to say but I feel guilty playing online at work.  Even though I'm the boss I don't want the employee see me f'ing around all day.  That's another reason I misspell a lot, I rush typing.  I just feel funny playing online at work.

edit:  Blob fucking with me. :lol  Blob i do but I could just sit on my computer all day,  I don't want to do that.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1632 on: March 30, 2017, 07:07:52 AM »
What I find most frustrating is that it isn't just here where I do that.
Even if I'm trying to write something personal, I'll start to type or whatever and as the words come, they feel emptier and emptier til I decide they aren't worth it and get tossed into the fuck it bucket.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1633 on: March 30, 2017, 07:08:31 AM »
edit:  Blob fucking with me. :lol  Blob i do but I could just sit on my computer all day,  I don't want to do that.

I don't understand. Why would anyone not want to sit at the computer all day? What else is there in life? ???

j/k king. You know we love you.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1634 on: March 30, 2017, 07:09:25 AM »
I think one of the reasons it's easy to poke fun at your typos, king, is because you're obviously intelligent, and it's incongruous with the typos. We know it's either autocorrect or rushing so it makes it even more humorous. It isn't like your typos are the result of ignorance or poor understanding of the language.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1635 on: March 30, 2017, 07:11:05 AM »
My brotha down under. :-*

When I see a large post I think to myself I couldn't sit typing that out.  I feel guilty.

I wear it as a badge of honor.  It's always on my for rushing and not proof reading.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1636 on: March 30, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
It's always on my for rushing and not proof reading.

???

The irony...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1637 on: March 30, 2017, 07:15:15 AM »
 :lol

Exactly.Right now I'm doing production and BOL's while talking to you. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1638 on: March 30, 2017, 07:36:35 AM »
No.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1639 on: March 30, 2017, 08:09:28 AM »
So this might actually seem like one of those stupid sales pitches but I'm actually writing this and figure why the hell not:

If you're in the US, you probably know that Congress just sent a bill to Damp Nut that, if signed, will allow ISPs to sell your browsing history for advertising purposes, etc without your permission. Previous legislation sought to require them to obtain permission first. Anyway, if this gets signed, which is expected, a lot of people will be turning to VPN accounts to hide their online activity. I did some research and read some blogs and went with NordVPN. So far I'm pretty pleased with it and I have a referral link where I would get credits and you could sign up for the service if you want to. Plus they are running an offer now where you can get a 2 year subscription for $79, instead of the normal $96.

Just offering, since I think a lot of people are going to be jumping on this bandwagon with the new legislation.

https://nordvpn.com/?ref=13119675c  <--that's my referral link. And if you use the code 2YSpecial2017 you can get the cheaper 2 year deal.

Sorry if this sounds like spam, it isn't. Figure I'll offer to help out those who are interested and those who aren't can ignore this.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1640 on: March 30, 2017, 08:10:01 AM »
No.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1641 on: March 30, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »
 :lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1642 on: March 30, 2017, 09:20:32 AM »

I find myself not bother as much these days, because I can pretty much play out DTF's responses in my head and realize it's not worth the trouble. :P

You do hit the nail on the head most times

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1643 on: March 30, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »
No.

The Woman's Book club.  My wife and I replayed that scene 10 times laughing our asses off.  Too damn funny.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1644 on: March 30, 2017, 09:25:23 AM »

You do hit the nail on the head most times

It's a talent. :lol