Author Topic: The WITHERFALL Thread - SOUNDS OF THE FORGOTTEN out on May 31, 2024  (Read 46609 times)

Online 0u81234

Re: The WITHERFALL Thread - CURSE OF AUTUMN Coming March 2021
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2022, 08:27:47 AM »
Apparently they're searching wide and far for drummers. I bought their Curse of Autumn tab book, and as a result they must have added my email to their newsletter list. I got an audition email asking if I was 'able bodied' enough a musician to audition lol.

I was going to fly to Vancouver, BC to see Witherfall in April, but I'm reluctant to book now that they're without a drummer. As it was, I was concerned about them being able to enter Canada due to 'rona, but now this makes me really wonder if they'll be in show condition this spring.

How was the tab book? Did everything seem correct? I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten a bands “official” tab books and it’s been like. WTF.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2022, 09:13:50 AM »
Apparently they're searching wide and far for drummers. I bought their Curse of Autumn tab book, and as a result they must have added my email to their newsletter list. I got an audition email asking if I was 'able bodied' enough a musician to audition lol.

I was going to fly to Vancouver, BC to see Witherfall in April, but I'm reluctant to book now that they're without a drummer. As it was, I was concerned about them being able to enter Canada due to 'rona, but now this makes me really wonder if they'll be in show condition this spring.

How was the tab book? Did everything seem correct? I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten a bands “official” tab books and it’s been like. WTF.

Top notch so far. There's no drum track though which is a bummer (i use the Guitar Pro tabs which came with the book, not the book itself). We've learned ...And they all blew away, As I Lie Awake, and Other Side of Fear with only minor issues on some of the harmonies. As you might expect, the songs are hard as hell. I think I spent more time learning ...And they all blew away than I did learning DT's Count of Tuscany and Untethered Angel combined.

Offline DT89

« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2022, 09:19:45 PM »

Top notch so far. There's no drum track though which is a bummer (i use the Guitar Pro tabs which came with the book, not the book itself). We've learned ...And they all blew away, As I Lie Awake, and Other Side of Fear with only minor issues on some of the harmonies. As you might expect, the songs are hard as hell. I think I spent more time learning ...And they all blew away than I did learning DT's Count of Tuscany and Untethered Angel combined.
Thank you for buying the book! I did the transcribing from the isolated guitar tracks and worked with Jake to make sure everything was 100% accurate. Jake really went all out with the harmonies and layering on this album. If you guys have any questions about the book, I'll do my best to answer here. Here's a link to my website with a list of all my books so far: Evan Bradley Transcriptions

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2022, 09:05:29 AM »
Interesting story...

https://bravewords.com/news/witherfall-pro-replacement-drummer-ghosts-the-band-one-day-before-major-festival-vocalist-joseph-michael-tells-the-story-video
Funny and shitty at the same time. I can only imagine what would go through your head if you never listened to Witherfall, and showed up at rehearsal hearing it for the first time. This is exactly why I'm avoiding booking to see Witherfall this spring. I have very limited faith they'll actually be able to roster a band in April.

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2022, 12:04:10 PM »
Apparently Witherfall were in the audience when john received the Grammy for Dream Theater!

https://fb.watch/cgcENzoH5U/

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2022, 12:31:35 PM »
Yeah, they were nominated for their Boston cover.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #322 on: August 15, 2022, 07:37:00 PM »
I know there are a lot of fans here of these guys. Honestly, I have never heard them, but this really sucks for them.

https://bravewords.com/news/witherfall-comment-on-moonspell-s-cancellation-of-2022-north-american-tour-the-reality-of-the-math-is-we-will-eat-the-upfront-costs-of-over-12000

WITHERFALL Comment On MOONSPELL's Cancellation Of 2022 North American Tour - "The Reality Of The Math Is We Will Eat The Upfront Costs Of Over $12,000"

Earlier today, August 15th, Portuguese dark metal masters, Moonspell, announced the cancellation of their planned North American tour.

Says Moonspell: "We have no other option than to cancel our American Fullmoon tour with Swallow The Sun and Witherfall that would start August 25th in NY and end September 19th in Boston. Unsolvable logistic and transportation problems are the cause behind this cancellation.

Together with our agency, Moonspell and STS management tried all the options available but we have no other solution than cancelling. We thank you for your understanding and apologize for all the trouble caused."

Witherfall has since issued their own statement, which reads: "Witherfall has absolutely nothing to do with this tour cancellation. We found out during rehearsals that the tour had been pulled, one week before the band were set to fly out to pick up our Bus. Witherfall had every last production detail on our end completely solidified. Airline tickets, Bus, Trailer, Driver, Tour manager, Shipping of Tour merchandise (which has dates printed on them that no longer exist!!!) Rehearsals, Witherfall Beer at venues and countless other expenses that will not be reimbursed. Needless to say, we are devastated by this news.

Each one of the aforementioned pieces took months of planning and every detail was carefully managed making this endeavor very time consuming and VERY expensive. The reality of the math is Witherfall will need to eat the upfront costs of over $12K not including what our crew, and band members will lose because they turned down other work. None of these expenses will be recouped.

We apologize to our fans that has had plans that were affected. We had every intention of bearing the cost to put the band out on the road. Again, we had everything planned and were ready and excited to get to play and meet the fans coming out. We are extremely upset by this last minute rug pull. Even the best case scenario the band would still be operating at a loss but that is the price of bringing our music to you all.

If you'd like to purchase a souvenir of tour and support the band (Tour Funeral Expenses) you can get one of these packages or a shirt here -
https://witherfall.com/product/815277."
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #323 on: August 15, 2022, 07:51:55 PM »
I gotta be honest. I didn't know about this tour anyway because Witherfall playing in Boston certainly would've gotten my attention.

I love the Witherfall albums. I have actually purchased them. But to beg ask us to spend $55 on a shirt and some other crap is cringey.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #324 on: August 15, 2022, 08:08:59 PM »
I gotta be honest. I didn't know about this tour anyway because Witherfall playing in Boston certainly would've gotten my attention.

I love the Witherfall albums. I have actually purchased them. But to beg ask us to spend $55 on a shirt and some other crap is cringey.

Shirt,A Poster, A Tour Laynard/pass is a good price. Do you get your band merch at the DOllar General?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2022, 08:13:02 PM »
I'll be 54 in a month. I don't buy band merch.

I buy the album. WTF am I going to do with a poster, or a lanyard?

$25 for the shirt, I'd consider it.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2022, 06:39:50 AM »

Same here, and despite having a man-cave area in my new home, I don't need any more posters or junk.  I'd happily buy a tour shirt from them for $25, if they were selling those separately.

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2022, 11:24:37 AM »
They are sold separately. 

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2022, 12:21:21 PM »
On a different note, beyond pissed that the tour Witherfall was going to do with Moonspell has been canceled. I was going to see Witherfall and couldn't wait. Bummer. Moonspell said it was travel and logistic issues.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2022, 01:11:56 PM »

I'm sure this is more about cutting losses than selling merch to make a profit at this point  This stuff hurts these smaller bands a lot.  I do feel really bad for the band.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2022, 02:30:22 PM »

I'm sure this is more about cutting losses than selling merch to make a profit at this point  This stuff hurts these smaller bands a lot.  I do feel really bad for the band.

I know. I thought of my comments when I got up this morning and thought maybe they were a bit harsh. I'm just now able comment more. I'm sure it was awful for the band to have to make that statement. 12k is nothing to sneeze at. I have no clue how it works, but I wonder why those dates just couldn't be done anyway. I'd be interested in learning more about why it can't.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2022, 02:34:06 PM »

I know. I thought of my comments when I got up this morning and thought maybe they were a bit harsh. I'm just now able comment more. I'm sure it was awful for the band to have to make that statement. 12k is nothing to sneeze at. I have no clue how it works, but I wonder why those dates just couldn't be done anyway. I'd be interested in learning more about why it can't.

I'm curious too.  I think they said it was due to travel logistics but wouldn't that be sorted when the dates are booked? So you know you can make it to each stop?  I have no idea really.  When these things get cancelled I start to think it comes down to ticket sales being low.  But I honestly don't know and am not following this closely.  I knew this tour was happening and had it as a "unlikely, but we'll see when the show gets near" mostly because I saw Witherfall at Progpower and knowing they are the opener, I'd likely see about half of the set I already saw. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »
I think Witherfall has made some of the most interesting music today on their last two albums.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2022, 02:57:27 PM »
I only have the last one, Ill have to check out the others, but that's some high praise from you.  I liked the last one, but I don't think I rate it nearly as high.  I don't really come back to it very often.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2022, 03:19:00 PM »
To be honest, I really liked the first Witherfall album. The second one less so, and the third really never got many spins. I should go back to it and see.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2022, 03:30:11 PM »
Vintage is still one of my favorite songs from the last decade.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2022, 06:09:33 PM »
Curse of Autumn is a fantastic record, front to back. And They All Blew Away is a masterpiece of a closer. These guys are like Dream Theater if Dream Theater were actually a metal band.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2022, 06:20:01 PM »
Curse of Autumn is a fantastic record, front to back. And They All Blew Away is a masterpiece of a closer. These guys are like Dream Theater if Dream Theater were actually a metal band.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2022, 06:40:05 PM »
Curse Of Autumn is a GREAT album.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2022, 07:19:54 PM »
Curse Of Autumn is a GREAT album.

I can agree with that - there were some more direct, straight-up metal songs on the album, which I appreciate more than some of the proggier stuff.  I felt that they really hit their stride with the third disc, showing more of a balance in the styles of songs.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2022, 09:38:03 AM »
Just finished Curse of Autumn. See, this is why it's good to go back to things. I really enjoyed it.

That's the problem with the huge amount of music that comes down the pipe on an annual basis. You overlook things sometimes, or at least I do, because I can't spend as much time with it as I like to.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Glad I relistened. I like it.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2022, 10:37:30 AM »
They are sold separately.

Thanks for mentioning that - the link that the band put out with their little press release only shared the $55 package.   I just bought a tour shirt for $30. 

I did not buy one single piece of merch or live-stream event throughout the last 2 years to support any bands.  So I figured I was due - Witherfall is a badass band and it's awful that they lost out on a big tour one week before it was set to go and they had already incurred costs.

Offline DT89

« Reply #342 on: August 24, 2022, 12:20:03 PM »
The tab book for A Prelude to Sorrow is available now. As with the Curse of Autumn book, I transcribed the songs and then edited with Jake to ensure that everything was 100% accurate.

A Prelude to Sorrow tab book

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »
It really sucks the tour was canceled by Moonspell. Wish there was a way that Witherfall could book their own tour, but I know the logistics and costs are probably crazy right now. Sucks.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2022, 01:25:03 PM »
The tab book for A Prelude to Sorrow is available now. As with the Curse of Autumn book, I transcribed the songs and then edited with Jake to ensure that everything was 100% accurate.

When's Nocturnes and Requiems coming down the pipe? That's the one I'm longing for.

Offline DT89

« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »

When's Nocturnes and Requiems coming down the pipe? That's the one I'm longing for.
No definite plans yet, but it sounds like they want to do that next.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »
I finally checked these guys out after I posted the news about the tour. I have all 3 albums on the way.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2022, 05:29:36 PM »
I finally checked these guys out after I posted the news about the tour. I have all 3 albums on the way.
You're in for a real treat. Enjoy!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2022, 05:45:16 PM »
Yeah, great stuff!

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #349 on: January 07, 2023, 03:27:18 PM »
Looks like Marco Minnemann has joined in the production again.
https://youtube.com/shorts/ixvxAOTfwes?feature=share