0 (0%)
Texas Rangers
0 (0%)
Toronto Blue Jays
2 (4.8%)
Washington Nationals
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: 2017 MLB Thread - The Astros' Ascension  (Read 18689 times)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2017 MLB Thread
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
Bumgarner out 6-8 weeks. Woof.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 04:34:44 PM »
Crazy series in NY between the Orioles and Yankees. Fortunate not to get swept.

Young Yankees are exceeding expectations. And Judge is a monster.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 10:50:24 PM »
I knew these young guys would be fun to watch. I'd rather watch this than bringing in all multi-million dollar players.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 05:49:49 AM »
An extremely satisfying win for the Orioles @Fenway last night considering what the Sox did the last time these two teams played. Manny had a monster home run and a web gem at 3rd to end the game.

Then there's this crap. No wonder Jones was so fired up after his last sensational catch at center.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19291263/adam-jones-baltimore-orioles-says-was-target-racist-abuse-fenway-park

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »
That's so fucked up. What the hell is wrong with people!?

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 09:54:24 AM »
Disgusting.

On the Red Sox board I lurk, there is an effort underway to have Jones get a standing O for his first at-bat tonight.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 10:07:59 AM »
A few bad people ruin it for him. He'll get the standing O, but it won't erase what he had to listen to. Shit like that stays with you forever.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 12:03:27 PM »
A few jackoffs always ruin it for others.  I hope they catch the assholes using that word.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:33 PM »
The Sox have had an embarrassing week. WTF is going on?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »
This is beyond stupid....

#O's have right to be livid after 3 different Bos Ps have been throwing at Machado purposefully then Gausman accidentally HPB gets ejected
    — Jim Bowden (@JimBowdenMLB) May 3, 2017

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »
Well, Barnes got suspended, apparently Sale is going to be. Who's the third one?

I'm not watching these games. Been watching the NHL playoffs.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 06:57:20 AM »
I'm glad that series is over. Felt like it would never end.  Nice to see the Orioles win a drama-free game. Bring on the White Sox. Glad to be playing someone out of division for a few days.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »
I'm glad that series is over.
Amen, brother. Amen.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
Tigers and O's showing their true colors finally
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 09:24:41 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online Dream Team

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »
Lunatic thought police want to suspend Pillar for yelling a "slur" at the opposing pitcher. Hilarious. Maybe they should start disciplining people for calling straight people "heteros".

Offline PB1

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 05:18:45 PM »
Lunatic thought police want to suspend Pillar for yelling a "slur" at the opposing pitcher. Hilarious. Maybe they should start disciplining people for calling straight people "heteros".

......wow...... get a load of this guy

Yep. Calling someone a hetero is equivalent to calling them a faggot. If you truly believe that, Why don't you try using that word at your place of work, and see what happens

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:17 AM »
Yeah that's pretty delusional, lol.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Online T-ski

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2017, 08:12:47 AM »
It's only May 19th, but.....

CENTRAL                    W     L      
Milwaukee Brewers   24   18   
St. Louis Cardinals   21   17   
Chicago Cubs           21   19   
Cincinnati Reds           19   21   
Pittsburgh Pirates        18    23
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:56:35 AM by T-ski »
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline PB1

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »
It's only May 19th, but.....

CENTRAL                    W     L      
Milwaukee Brewers   24   18   
St. Louis Cardinals   21   17   
Chicago Cubs           21   19   
Cincinnati Reds           19   21   
Pittsburgh Pirates        18    23

the last time the brewers were leading the division at  this point in the season was in 2014. the brewers missed the playoffs and the cardinals made it to the nlcs.  :metal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 08:01:46 AM »
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19423029/don-mattingly-3-ejected-scuffle-los-angeles-dodgers-miami-marlins

"Mattingly said he was initially upset that the Dodgers were swinging at 3-0 pitches in the eighth with a 5-0 lead."

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

You can't make this stuff up. Just more proof that baseball players and managers are the biggest crybabies in sports.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »
My god is swinging at a 3-0 pitch one of those bullshit unwritten rules of baseball?

Online T-ski

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2017, 05:28:40 PM »
Just like to point out its July 1st and the Brewers are still in first place.   :metal
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online Dream Team

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »
Holy cow the Nats bullpen just blew another lead.  :facepalm:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »
To demonstrate how little I pay attention to baseball now, I went to the Cards game Saturday (free tickets!) and I had no idea who 6 of the guys were in our starting lineup. :eek :eek :lol :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »
Why aren't you paying attention?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2017, 06:03:40 AM »
I don't know how anyone maintains an attention span for a 162 game season, I just can't do it.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »
To demonstrate how little I pay attention to baseball now, I went to the Cards game Saturday (free tickets!) and I had no idea who 6 of the guys were in our starting lineup. :eek :eek :lol :lol

I went to last nights game on free tickets and was the same way.

For me, it always takes me a bit to transition from the hockey season to baseball AND this year, the Cardinals have either traded or not resigned a few of their older, cornerstone veterans....so there are a few new younger guys that have been platooning in and out of the lineup. It's tough for me to get excited about a team who's Manager is completely out of his league...owners who consistently take advantage of a rabid fan base by not pursuing free agent talent and relying on second tier farm system players to scrap through the season.

They've been semi-successful in doing so, consistently making the playoffs but all in all I've just about had it with the 'Cardinal Way' and would welcome them actually just signing some proven talent.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »
For me, I just don't give a damn about baseball anymore. 

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2017, 10:43:47 AM »
I've been paying more and more attention to baseball, and less attention to football over the last few years.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2017, 07:21:33 AM »

For me, it always takes me a bit to transition from the hockey season to baseball AND this year, the Cardinals have either traded or not resigned a few of their older, cornerstone veterans....so there are a few new younger guys that have been platooning in and out of the lineup. It's tough for me to get excited about a team who's Manager is completely out of his league...owners who consistently take advantage of a rabid fan base by not pursuing free agent talent and relying on second tier farm system players to scrap through the season.

They've been semi-successful in doing so, consistently making the playoffs but all in all I've just about had it with the 'Cardinal Way' and would welcome them actually just signing some proven talent.
Who do you think they should've signed in free agency?
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »

Who do you think they should've signed in free agency?

I'll be honest with you....I don't have an opinion as to 'who' they should have signed this past off season....my point was a more broad point of it wouldn't have mattered who was out there....they won't make a move toward them.

When they were in the hunt for David Price I honestly couldn't believe it...that they offered him some $200 million because it was SO uncharacteristic for the Cards brass to do that.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »
Hardcore Yankees fan here. First game at the old stadium in '84, when I was 8. Really became a huge fan after that, suffering through those down years with Mel Hall's grand slam on Labor Day (1989?) to win a game being a highlight (how I remember Mel Hall is beyond me -- I think he had like 18 hr and 100 rbi that year).

Anyway, been very pleased with this year so far. I've been following Judge for years. Once the Yankees got him, I pretty much stayed locked in when I realized he had a Twitter account. Dude works so hard. Really proud he's a Yankee. I think he has a fair chance to be a great one. Seems like whenever he has a flaw, he comes back and fixes it pretty quickly.

Sanchez -- not as high on him, but appreciate the story. He took it for granted until the Yankees demoted him one day, and then he grew up and put in the work. So I appreciate that. Hoping his attitude stays good and he and Judge can be a dynamic duo for 10-15 years together. Some good ones on the way too.

As for this year, as big a fan as I am, I said it at the start of spring training -- 83-88 wins, TOPS. They just don't have the depth yet. I am loving that Girardi and Cashman are letting Montgomery pitch every five days and learn. They haven't done that with a young guy for years. Now, if they do that stupid innings limit thing (which I am sure they will), it'll stunt that growth a bit, which sucks.

But Severino (nice bounceback year for the kid, like what I see) and Montgomery are coming along nicely. But this isn't the year. The Red Sox (still suck) are deeper, Baltimore is deeper, it is what it is. But I wouldn't count out a late run at the Wild Card for the Yankees.

I also hope Cashman sees what he has and doesn't get antsy to make a blockbuster to bring in a star. Not needed this year. At All.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
Did anybody see the story on this girl who was offended at a baseball game in Atlanta when they had a KKK sign in the stadium?

She she didn't know those three K's were the three strikeouts the picture had.  And after people were tweeting back at her she still said it was wrong. Oh my God what has this world come to? :lol

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2017, 05:17:41 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2017, 05:30:58 PM »
Did anybody see the story on this girl who was offended at a baseball game in Atlanta when they had a KKK sign in the stadium?

She she didn't know those three K's were the three strikeouts the picture had.  And after people were tweeting back at her she still said it was wrong. Oh my God what has this world come to? :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin