Author Topic: Bootlegs From Images and Words & Beyond  (Read 19673 times)

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
Re: Bootlegs From Images and Words & Beyond
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2018, 12:52:59 AM »
Eh. The fact that it's on youtube and facebook does not mean that it's not slated for official release. In fact, it's a game of whackamole - since it was aired on tv, people have it. And upload it. And we report it. It's basically a game of whack-a-mole.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 06:00:28 AM »
I think DT is missing the opportunity.  A fair number of people will be content with the youtube versions and never buy the official release.  If they would have released it sooner, I think more people would have bought it.

Doesn't matter to me, because I'll buy it anyway . . . IF they release it.

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2018, 01:11:38 PM »
Eh. The fact that it's on youtube and facebook does not mean that it's not slated for official release. In fact, it's a game of whackamole - since it was aired on tv, people have it. And upload it. And we report it. It's basically a game of whack-a-mole.

Is there any official statement that it will be released?, so far i haven't found any official news, or any comment from band member about it, its all speculation... And by now, having watched the show on YouTube i am convinced that they wont release it officially just because the quality of the vocal is not up to it, there is no way of fixing it for an official release...

So i see no reason why we should think it will be released officially, its just as any other tv broadcast show...

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2018, 02:29:32 PM »
No official statement, but you should trust me on my word :P

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
No official statement, but you should trust me on my word :P

So you finally convinced john to make official release of this?  :rollin

Sorry but until i get some official news i will handle this as just another bootleg, its spreading fast now, it would make no sense to release something everyone have already seen on YouTube... It could be some kind of official bootleg but as DT abandoned that idea years ago i can safely assume they wont to that neither...

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2018, 07:50:16 AM »
... yes

And even if its spreading, we're trying to take it down as quickly as possible. But copyright infringment is a manual process, and takes time.

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
... yes

And even if its spreading, we're trying to take it down as quickly as possible. But copyright infringment is a manual process, and takes time.

Well maybe its time to make it official, at least an official announcement, that will prevent fans from share it...

Silence isnt doing anything but moving people to share the show and expose that really bad and weird vocal on it...

Offline JohnLocke

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2018, 05:54:32 AM »
I found my copy on Youtube. What I found interesting was what the uploader wrote in his/her description, which was:

"It was rumored that DT was going to release an official DVD of this, but it was not what they expected after mixing and editing errors (Labrie's performance was ruined in almost its entirety with a badly applied autotune for example) among other things."

I'm not sure if there is any truth to this considering the band has been silent concerning this performance. Either way, I burned my copy to DVD, and I am hopeful that in time the band will make a statement, or release this show, because I would still buy it, like I have with everything else they have released.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2018, 06:39:03 AM »
So now that its clear that the japan show wont be officially released, anyone care to share?

Where was this made clear?

Everywhere LOL... It wont be released.... Its already all over youtube and other streaming sites, but i would like to get a high quality copy...

It gets uploaded illegally and gets taken down again.... there has not been any official confirmation that it won't be released

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
So now that its clear that the japan show wont be officially released, anyone care to share?

Where was this made clear?

Everywhere LOL... It wont be released.... Its already all over youtube and other streaming sites, but i would like to get a high quality copy...

It gets uploaded illegally and gets taken down again.... there has not been any official confirmation that it won't be released

Also there is no official confirmation that it will be released...

Silence makes me thing that it wont be released at all, because if you are going through all the trouble of releasing something, usually you take the time to make an official announcement to avoid leaks...

In the other hand, not releasing something does not need an official announcement at all... There is not going to be an official announcement saying: "we wont release that show, so be free to share it", it wont happen... Mostly because they don't care...

Also i think the leak is out of control by now... I wish DT would be more interested in this kind of stuff, i feel they simply don't care...

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2018, 11:07:33 AM »
I found my copy on Youtube. What I found interesting was what the uploader wrote in his/her description, which was:

"It was rumored that DT was going to release an official DVD of this, but it was not what they expected after mixing and editing errors (Labrie's performance was ruined in almost its entirety with a badly applied autotune for example) among other things."

I'm not sure if there is any truth to this considering the band has been silent concerning this performance. Either way, I burned my copy to DVD, and I am hopeful that in time the band will make a statement, or release this show, because I would still buy it, like I have with everything else they have released.

YouTube source is horrible quality... I fell sad that quality doesn't matter these days...

Official bootlegs where intended to provide good/decent quality bootlegs for the fans, in contrast to the low quality stuff circulating... But as the time passed seems like no one care anymore...

Hopefully in a few years when people is finally convinced that this show wont be released, someone will share their better quality source of this...

Offline JohnLocke

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2018, 01:14:11 PM »

YouTube source is horrible quality... I fell sad that quality doesn't matter these days...

Official bootlegs where intended to provide good/decent quality bootlegs for the fans, in contrast to the low quality stuff circulating... But as the time passed seems like no one care anymore...

Hopefully in a few years when people is finally convinced that this show wont be released, someone will share their better quality source of this...
[/quote]

First, you are right, the quality isn't great.
Second, it beats paying an outrageous amount online from overseas companies that are offering it up on Blu-ray, DVD, and CD.
Lastly, I agree with your thoughts on hoping that the good quality copies can eventually be had.

One last thing....someone on this forum has it, and is on board with the idea that the band is going to release this. However, after watching the whole concert, I can tell you that it is far from perfect. Many tracks, you see Jordan playing, but you can't hear him at all. The abrupt cuts at the end of several songs is odd, and not sure why they chose to edit in such a manner (unless it was due to it being a television copy). And of course there is the vocals of James LaBrie. There is no nice way to say it, but on numerous songs, he tries to reach for notes he can't hit, only to scream, and lose his pitch.

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely love Dream Theater, but other than a great visual presentation, it is a very lackluster performance overall.

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2018, 02:37:11 PM »

Silence makes me thing that it wont be released at all, because if you are going through all the trouble of releasing something, usually you take the time to make an official announcement to avoid leaks...

You seem to lack basic understanding of how business like this actually works. DT didn't have a plan to release it. They never were planning to. So they strictly speaking do not even own the rights to the video - wowow does. So they have to make a deal to release it before they can even announce it. Same with setting up whatever platform they choose to release it on. I literally said just two posts over that they DO have plans to release it, it'll just take time. And in the mean time, we've been told to report all leaks to the band.

But seriously - it was literally aired on japanese tv. Nobody expected it to be held a secret :P

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2018, 11:04:47 AM »
I just want a good sounding boot of Don't Look Past Me and To Live Forever. So glad they didn't drop these two gems for the Albq show.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2018, 11:13:05 AM »

You seem to lack basic understanding of how business like this actually works. DT didn't have a plan to release it. They never were planning to. So they strictly speaking do not even own the rights to the video - wowow does. So they have to make a deal to release it before they can even announce it. Same with setting up whatever platform they choose to release it on. I literally said just two posts over that they DO have plans to release it, it'll just take time. And in the mean time, we've been told to report all leaks to the band.

But seriously - it was literally aired on japanese tv. Nobody expected it to be held a secret :P

The thing is, we only have your word on this, and i don't want to be rude or anything but that doesn't mean anything to most of us in this matter... if it where my band i would make an official announcement to avoid leaks,  even one tweet would do the trick, words coming from band members would give credibility IMHO...

I know this can take time, and even more time than you could imagine... If wowow have the rights they might need to wait a couple of years before even attempting a deal... This show needs to be remixed and vocals have to be completely re-edited, and to be honest i dont know if it really worth it, the whole I&W songs tuned 1 step down with all vocal melodies changed is not up to an official release...

Whatever, i will probably find a proper copy trading soon or later...

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »
Considering I’m actually officially affiliated with the band and management  and communicate with them regularly you should take my word for it :p

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2018, 01:20:39 PM »
I just want a good sounding boot of Don't Look Past Me and To Live Forever. So glad they didn't drop these two gems for the Albq show.
Same.

Though, given the fact no one seems to know anything about which bootlegs of DLPM and TLF from this tour are good, at this point, I'm just hoping DT pack them in as bonus tracks on their next live release somehow.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2018, 03:43:32 PM »
Though, given the fact no one seems to know anything about which bootlegs of DLPM and TLF from this tour are good, at this point, I'm just hoping DT pack them in as bonus tracks on their next live release somehow.
Considering that they dropped DLPM by the time they did Albany, the number of shows in circulation that include it in the setlist are just a few. So it shouldn't be hard to download them all and decide on your own what's best. From what I'm aware of, the shows in circulation are:
2017/10/26 Los Angeles, CA
2017/11/04 Peoria, IL
2017/11/09 Detroit, MI
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.