Author Topic: Six Degrees best non-official bootleg  (Read 4304 times)

Offline don_waka

Six Degrees best non-official bootleg
« on: June 20, 2018, 07:13:20 AM »
Hey guys, I'm going through a major DT 2002 nostalgia. What's the best non-official bootleg you'd recommend from that era?

Cheers  :hat

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: Six Degrees best non-official bootleg
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
NYC, 27.03.2002 is a great candidate, and so is Rotterdam, 04.11.2002. The first is easy to find in both video and audio, the second is common in audio and possibly very rare in video. You can find samples of either on youtube if you look for the dates!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 04:05:13 PM »
Don't know about best, since the Bucharest official bootleg DVD is pretty much perfect in my view, so I've never really sought out many bootlegs from the SDoIT tour, but 2002-03-28 is a fun one. Second set was the Six Degrees title track in full plus a full-album cover of Master Of Puppets. And you can't really go wrong with a show that has Burning My Soul '96 and The Killing Hand in it. Full setlist.

I don't know if this is an easy one to find, so I can get you a Mega link for it if you can't find it anywhere.
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline don_waka

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »
NYC, 27.03.2002 is a great candidate, and so is Rotterdam, 04.11.2002. The first is easy to find in both video and audio, the second is common in audio and possibly very rare in video. You can find samples of either on youtube if you look for the dates!

Appreciated. Cheers  :tup

Offline don_waka

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »
Don't know about best, since the Bucharest official bootleg DVD is pretty much perfect in my view, so I've never really sought out many bootlegs from the SDoIT tour, but 2002-03-28 is a fun one. Second set was the Six Degrees title track in full plus a full-album cover of Master Of Puppets. And you can't really go wrong with a show that has Burning My Soul '96 and The Killing Hand in it. Full setlist.

I don't know if this is an easy one to find, so I can get you a Mega link for it if you can't find it anywhere.

I would love you for the rest of my life if you could get the link for it.  :blush

Offline Robo4900

• The Killing Hand
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 09:41:59 PM »

I would love you for the rest of my life if you could get the link for it.  :blush
Alright. :)

Grab it while it's hot, though; I probably won't be able to keep it up on Mega forever.

So, here's the main bootleg of the show, called The Show That Stumped Them All: [EDIT: Deleted this to save cloud space. PM me or something if you missed your chance to download a copy]
The audio quality isn't the best; I suggest running an on-the-fly EQ in your media player and boosting the mids(500-1K, or 250-2K perhaps). The extreme highs(~16K) could do with a bit of a boost too. Sounds rather nice once you do that; got a bit of a roomy tone, but the audience sounds are very nicely audible, which is nice.
It's also in SHN format, which can be a bugger to get working; Winamp can support it via a plugin called SHNamp, I believe, and it seems to be able to load via FFmpeg, so anything that can use that to load audio(Such as Audacity) can open it.
It's worth wading through these problems, though; awesome show with great performances, and a ridiculous(And long!) set. :biggrin:

I do have a second source of the show, but it's not the entire show. It's called Listen To This Larz: [EDIT: Yes, this one too]
It only covers the Master Of Puppets cover songs, but to my ears, it's a lot more listenable raw than Show That Stumped Them All. It also doesn't have the break Show That Stumped Them All had to put in between Master Of Puppets and The Thing That Should Not Be that marks the split point between discs 2 and 3, since this bootleg is only 1 disc.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 08:42:53 PM by Robo4900 »
Q: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go also, would he have brought you, meaning she and then, to the station?"
A: "OBJECTION, your honor! That question should be taken out and shot!"
--Allegedly from Utah vs Kelly, Superior Court of Utah, 1994. May be apocryphal

Offline don_waka

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 05:53:47 AM »

Alright. :)

Grab it while it's hot, though; I probably won't be able to keep it up on Mega forever.

So, here's the main bootleg of the show, called The Show That Stumped Them All: https://mega.nz/#F!NJ5UDaqR!zPQDGCj01kKo71iZMdt0hQ
The audio quality isn't the best; I suggest running an on-the-fly EQ in your media player and boosting the mids(500-1K, or 250-2K perhaps). The extreme highs(~16K) could do with a bit of a boost too. Sounds rather nice once you do that; got a bit of a roomy tone, but the audience sounds are very nicely audible, which is nice.
It's also in SHN format, which can be a bugger to get working; Winamp can support it via a plugin called SHNamp, I believe, and it seems to be able to load via FFmpeg, so anything that can use that to load audio(Such as Audacity) can open it.
It's worth wading through these problems, though; awesome show with great performances, and a ridiculous(And long!) set. :biggrin:

I do have a second source of the show, but it's not the entire show. It's called Listen To This Larz: https://mega.nz/#F!AVwy1AwS!NwHo_LVYLv-ggr0O3_j81w
It only covers the Master Of Puppets cover songs, but to my ears, it's a lot more listenable raw than Show That Stumped Them All. It also doesn't have the break Show That Stumped Them All had to put in between Master Of Puppets and The Thing That Should Not Be that marks the split point between discs 2 and 3, since this bootleg is only 1 disc.

Outstanding. Thanks very much!  :hefdaddy