Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309327 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4725 on: December 27, 2020, 07:42:00 AM »
Tim,

Bestbuy has an LG external Blu Ray player on sale for twenty-five bucks.

Ooh. I’m going to look at that. Thank you.

Checked it out. It didn't say Blu Ray. The cheapest Blu Ray I saw was $80.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 02:02:50 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4726 on: December 27, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »
Santa brought me a new laptop because mine died a month or so ago. Santa also got me the Distant Memories Blu Ray.

After my son set up my new laptop I figured I'd slip in Distant Memories.

There's no fucking place to put it! :lol

Fuck.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4727 on: December 27, 2020, 02:56:55 PM »
So wait..laptops do NOT come with disc drives anymore??

My PC tower didn't even come with a disc drive.

Fucking hell, what's the world coming to!

I made sure my new cheap ass tower has one, but jeez it's flimsy as all shit.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4728 on: December 27, 2020, 03:00:46 PM »

I've had my tower for 18 months now and have never needed it. I don't think I've purchased a disc of any kind in 5+ years.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4729 on: December 27, 2020, 03:11:32 PM »

I've had my tower for 18 months now and have never needed it. I don't think I've purchased a disc of any kind in 5+ years.

I guess I was looking to rip a lot of my cd's to the PC so would have been buggered if it didn't have one.  I can see why though for programs, games etc. discs simply aren't used anymore.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4730 on: December 27, 2020, 04:19:15 PM »
I got a new Tower and purchased a disk drive.  Still one foot in the past and the present.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4731 on: December 27, 2020, 04:42:02 PM »
One of my all time favorite memes. I can totally relate. :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #4732 on: December 27, 2020, 08:40:16 PM »
I got a new Tower and purchased a disk drive.  Still one foot in the past and the present.

I stuck my old drive in my new build in January but haven't used it at all. But one never knows! I do want to start burning CDs again.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4733 on: December 27, 2020, 08:44:39 PM »
I've got a decent external DVD USB drive that I can hookup anywhere if I need to rip anything.  Since I still have a PS3, PS4, and an actual BluRay player, I'm good for those on my TVs.  I've got a 5 year old MacBook that still has an internal CD/DVD slot, so there's that too.

Next laptop surely won't have a DVD slot.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4734 on: December 27, 2020, 08:52:02 PM »
I have a DVD USB drive...2 of them actually that we got for the kids when we drove to Disney.

But it doesn't play Blu Rays..

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4735 on: December 27, 2020, 09:23:55 PM »
I have a DVD USB drive...2 of them actually that we got for the kids when we drove to Disney.

You're right.  DVD =/= BluRay
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4736 on: December 27, 2020, 09:47:36 PM »
What's the difference? Does it matter?

It didn't, but since my older one broke, and then I bought a newer one and then that Disk Tray ended up breaking to where it would push on the cd causing it to make a weird noise when I ripped, I looked at the cd and it was pretty scratched. It sounded awful I just pushed the eject button right away (It was Stratovarius Infinity, and it only damaged the song Infinity  :sadpanda: ).

So, I looked around and found my Pioneer BDR-XD05S

I also did not see this when I bought the thing...

Blu-ray playback requires additional software (not included).  Of course other Mac software that supports optical drives can access the BDR-XD05S also.

...But it still played most of the Blu-Rays I own. I needed to get one as IQ's Scrape Across The Sky will not work on my Blu-Ray player for my TV.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4737 on: December 28, 2020, 02:25:01 AM »
I've got a decent external DVD USB drive that I can hookup anywhere if I need to rip anything.  Since I still have a PS3, PS4, and an actual BluRay player, I'm good for those on my TVs.  I've got a 5 year old MacBook that still has an internal CD/DVD slot, so there's that too.

Next laptop surely won't have a DVD slot.

DVD USB?  The fuck is that?

Oh shit, even Tim knows what that is and even has two.  I'm as good as fucked!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4738 on: December 28, 2020, 05:23:45 AM »
Tim,

Bestbuy has an LG external Blu Ray player on sale for twenty-five bucks.

Ooh. I’m going to look at that. Thank you.

Checked it out. It didn't say Blu Ray. The cheapest Blu Ray I saw was $80.

Oops, sorry. I didn't read carefully enough. You know, you should probably bite the bullet and purchase one soon. They may not be available pretty soon.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4739 on: December 28, 2020, 09:05:13 AM »
I don't think I'm going to get much support here on this, but the whole "2020 sucks", as if "2020" was this guy at the local bar that always took your stool, or hit on your girlfriend, or tore skid marks in your front lawn.   Whatever's bad in your life isn't ending on January 1, and likewise, whatever is good isn't going to magically accelerate.   

Maybe one answer is to pull ourselves away from the screens - the TVs, the phones, the tablets - and enjoy the people that are right in front of us. The ones that love us, the ones that care for us, and the ones that want to be happy too.

I'm biased, but I had a glorious four days since Christmas Eve.  My stepdaughter came up (drove) from NC and spent a couple days, my daughter is home from school, and even though I have COVID swirling around me like a raging sea (mother-in-law and step-father-in-law both have it, my stepsons dad's wife, sister-in-law and his mom all have it) and yet... other than football, the weather, and one local news story*, I spent no time in front of a screen.   I feel as... good as I've felt in probably six months.   

This is harsh, but I'm sorry to say, I think we, as a society, have gone soft.

* Crazy shit:  a local attorney drove to see his wife, who was cat-sitting her mom's cat, walked in, shot her while she was sleeping, climbed into the bed, and shot himself.   I didn't know him personally, but I/we have ties to both him and his wife and to say it's "out of the blue" is an understatement.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4740 on: December 28, 2020, 09:10:06 AM »
Maybe one answer is to pull ourselves away from the screens - the TVs, the phones, the tablets - and enjoy the people that are right in front of us. The ones that love us, the ones that care for us, and the ones that want to be happy too.

What if the only way to see those people is via a screen?  I got back from seeing my family in Florida (my sister for the first time all year, my parents only for the second time this year) and can say that I pretty much agree with what you are saying.  That face to face interaction really makes an important difference in how you view life, literally and figuratively.  But now I'm home and back to being alone.  So it's pretty hard to throw away the screens without anyone in front of you.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4741 on: December 28, 2020, 09:24:13 AM »
I don't think I'm going to get much support here on this, but the whole "2020 sucks", as if "2020" was this guy at the local bar that always took your stool, or hit on your girlfriend, or tore skid marks in your front lawn.   Whatever's bad in your life isn't ending on January 1, and likewise, whatever is good isn't going to magically accelerate.   

I'm biased, but I had a glorious four days since Christmas Eve.  My stepdaughter came up (drove) from NC and spent a couple days, my daughter is home from school, and even though I have COVID swirling around me like a raging sea (mother-in-law and step-father-in-law both have it, my stepsons dad's wife, sister-in-law and his mom all have it) and yet... other than football, the weather, and one local news story*, I spent no time in front of a screen.   I feel as... good as I've felt in probably six months.   

This is harsh, but I'm sorry to say, I think we, as a society, have gone soft.

* Crazy shit:  a local attorney drove to see his wife, who was cat-sitting her mom's cat, walked in, shot her while she was sleeping, climbed into the bed, and shot himself.   I didn't know him personally, but I/we have ties to both him and his wife and to say it's "out of the blue" is an understatement.   

Ask them...How was last year? and the year before that? How come every year it's always "Yay new start" and then at the end it's "I'm tired of this year, please let it end, and bring on the new year"?

And Yes...Media is bad for you. The benefits of not watching it are immense. I do not watch TV much at all, or the mainstream channels. But, I do watch Youtube, and I find it more better, as I now have control of what I watch, when I want to watch it and where. I can choose to believe it or choose to dismiss it as false/bullshit. But, it lets me choose things I want to see, and there are myriads of things available at the click of a button. If you know how to use the search and dig, you can find some fascinating, interesting, things. Let me tell you, I'd rather watch Cramx than watch SNL.

I also do agree with you about screen time. They have been telling us this. It's why people see it as a hypnotizing device. Because people imitate what they see.

What if the only way to see those people is via a screen?  I got back from seeing my family in Florida (my sister for the first time all year, my parents only for the second time this year) and can say that I pretty much agree with what you are saying.  That face to face interaction really makes an important difference in how you view life, literally and figuratively.  But now I'm home and back to being alone.  So it's pretty hard to throw away the screens without anyone in front of you.

Yes it does make a vast difference. That's physical connection, and we need that because it is one of the Five Senses called "Touch/Feel". We need this physical feeling, connection, with another human. We need that physical touch. We crave it. We go into a depression, if we don't have that.

And I will tell you...A Lot of those elderly people would rather have that right now, then die of loneliness.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4742 on: December 28, 2020, 09:43:49 AM »

No, you're right; I thought about this as I was typing.   I lied, to an extent; I had a couple very good text chats this weekend with people I haven't seen in a couple months.  And even before COVID, my therapy is through Apple Facetime (she's in California).   I guess I don't think of that as "screens", but more like phone calls.  I'm talking more about the sort of numbing and filtering that goes on when you (not you, I mean "people") are living an entire life through screens.  Not connecting with others, but funneling ALL (or even most) of their experience.   I know you well enough - I think - to know that you aren't afraid to experience things; go on dates, go to concerts.   I get the sense you are using the technology to enhance what you have, to make do while things aren't perfect; I'm talking more about how for so many the technology isn't ENHANCING what we have, it IS what we have.  I don't want to hang him out to dry, but someone in my family spent almost 10 hours on a screen on Christmas day.  At one point he opened a can of cashews that was the size of a tennis ball can, and at the WHOLE tub.  He's not someone I have any authority over, so I was sort of helpless, but it was sad to watch that level of "obliviousness".  His entire experience was that screen.  Every conversation of his starts with some form of "I saw this video...".   Or we'll talk about something and he'll get something wrong and his response is "but I saw that in a video...".    He's a kid, but I know adults that do this too.  Everything is filtered through what they hear on social media, and what they get from a screen.  "So and so told me...".  "I saw it on Facebook...".   

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4743 on: December 28, 2020, 11:27:37 AM »

No, you're right; I thought about this as I was typing.   I lied, to an extent; I had a couple very good text chats this weekend with people I haven't seen in a couple months.  And even before COVID, my therapy is through Apple Facetime (she's in California).   I guess I don't think of that as "screens", but more like phone calls.  I'm talking more about the sort of numbing and filtering that goes on when you (not you, I mean "people") are living an entire life through screens.  Not connecting with others, but funneling ALL (or even most) of their experience.   I know you well enough - I think - to know that you aren't afraid to experience things; go on dates, go to concerts.   I get the sense you are using the technology to enhance what you have, to make do while things aren't perfect; I'm talking more about how for so many the technology isn't ENHANCING what we have, it IS what we have.  I don't want to hang him out to dry, but someone in my family spent almost 10 hours on a screen on Christmas day.  At one point he opened a can of cashews that was the size of a tennis ball can, and at the WHOLE tub.  He's not someone I have any authority over, so I was sort of helpless, but it was sad to watch that level of "obliviousness".  His entire experience was that screen.  Every conversation of his starts with some form of "I saw this video...".   Or we'll talk about something and he'll get something wrong and his response is "but I saw that in a video...".    He's a kid, but I know adults that do this too.  Everything is filtered through what they hear on social media, and what they get from a screen.  "So and so told me...".  "I saw it on Facebook...".   

I find it fascinating how your (The white culture, I don't know how best to describe it, in general) familial structures are. For us, if they're family, the children answer to/respect anyone who is an elder, or older, doesn't matter whether that be auntie, uncle, grandma, grandpa, or way older adult cousin. So, it's odd hearing you say "Have any authority over, so I was sort of helpless". If that happened here, that child would have gotten that thing taken away from him by either Auntie, Uncle, and especially Grandma.

Also to this response of "I saw this video...", it's not much different than saying "I read this book...". It's still information, just an evolved way of getting that information. The internet has made this information available to everyone. Everyone in the world has access to knowledge they would have had to travel across the world for. For those that really are invested and interested in learning more, they would go travel to that place to experience it first hand. While those not as invested will still have some knowledge of it, but not a full understanding and grasp of that knowledge because some knowledge has to be felt, not shown. And some people are not privy to some knowledge, as they don't belong to that culture. But, that doesn't mean other cultures don't share the same knowledge, it's just done in a different way, but it's all the same thing.

It's just now, how much are you willing to dig and mine for this information.

Also, we need to learn when too much is too much. And separate ourselves from the "screens" and reconnect with the world outside. And I need to learn that, because I am on here far too much than I should be. But this place is a wonderful community, and it's manifested itself from a simple band forums to an entire online forums community, who just happen to be Dream Theater fans.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4744 on: December 28, 2020, 12:21:30 PM »
My 2 and 3 year old nieces both got tablets made for kids for Christmas. It's basically loaded with some games and kids version of youtube.  It was amazing how quickly these super young children would go down the youtube rabbit hole (children's version of course) where they just keep clicking through and watching the video and the suggested ones. 

I know you well enough - I think - to know that you aren't afraid to experience things; go on dates, go to concerts.   I get the sense you are using the technology to enhance what you have, to make do while things aren't perfect; I'm talking more about how for so many the technology isn't ENHANCING what we have, it IS what we have.

I think this is because I grew up in a time before the internet and adjusted to it as I grew up.  I wasn't tied to these devices (although I very much do feel like I'm addicted to my phone) the way people growing up with them are. 

Let me tell you, I'd rather watch Cramx than watch SNL.

:heart  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4745 on: December 28, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »
My USPS carrier is probably the most unprofessional carrier I've ever encountered. Dude is sloppy as fuck, likes to either smash packages way too large for our mailbox into our box, or throws things in a pile in the middle of a walkway on the property (which is really strange since there is a nice higher up out of the way surface- a 3 ft retaining wall right next to where he likes to throw things, that's perfect for packages.... lets ignore the table by the door to our unit that has a sign asking for packages to be left on it). Dude also doesn't wear a mask. I don't want to hear the politics about freedom or whatever. It's their policy to wear a mask. There's also a Countywide and Statewide mask mandate. You're coming up on to people's property. Wear a damn mask. I don't even care if you have it on your ear and pop it on when you get out of your truck.

Anyways...

Girlfriend ordered a Ceramic Christmas Cactus online like a month ago. It's super late. Looked like it was coming today. I was standing at my window watching the rain on the street (first rain since like April). I see truck pull up and homie get out. He rummages around the back of the truck and pulls out what I assumed was the package we were waiting for.  He runs up the driveway. I assumed he was going to toss somewhere, like he always does (even during rain). Then I hear the sound of him scanning the packages, a knock on the door, and  "Hello?!" Maskless dude at my door. I start walking over the door. Takes me about 20 seconds. I was going to crack the door and just ask him to leave it on our table by the door that's literally there for deliveries. I crack the door and he's not there. I walk back to my window and he's running back up to his truck. Gets in with our package, and drives away.

Now we need to see if it will be redelivered, or if we'll have to go into the post office to pick it up. Or it will just cease to exist... as we've had half a dozen packages get marked as delivered but never show up.

Earlier this month, Homie was on vacation and we had someone else filling in, and it was magical. Dude wore a mask. Was friendly, well kept, and delivered our mail and packages logically, even if they didn't understand the unit numbering system on the property.

It's such a stark contrast to the mail carrier we had before we moved here. She was fantastic. Went out of her way to be helpful. And in return we always tipped her or gave her gifts for Christmas / her birthday (I think we found out her birthday because it was near one of our family members and it came up in a conversation).

Pretty sure this guy is just close to retiring and just doesn't give a shit. My dad worked for the USPS, Not as a carrier or clerk, but I remember stories of carries especially just not giving a shit in the last few years before retirement, because it was very hard for them to actually get disciplined for anything.

Anyhow, I was originally going to complain about my local Starbucks being out of all forms of fake milk besides Coconut milk :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4746 on: December 28, 2020, 04:33:02 PM »
That just sounds like a people problem. And you're expectations of a postal service worker always being nice and courteous. And sounds like reality hit you pretty good there, by throwing you a person whom just doesn't give a shitz
even while working. There's plenty of those people, and you, unfortunately, got the lucky one.

Sucks when that happens. We have one of those postal workers too...But I don't have problem with them while others do.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4747 on: December 28, 2020, 06:51:52 PM »

I find it fascinating how your (The white culture, I don't know how best to describe it, in general) familial structures are. For us, if they're family, the children answer to/respect anyone who is an elder, or older, doesn't matter whether that be auntie, uncle, grandma, grandpa, or way older adult cousin. So, it's odd hearing you say "Have any authority over, so I was sort of helpless". If that happened here, that child would have gotten that thing taken away from him by either Auntie, Uncle, and especially Grandma.

It's not "white culture" (I know what you mean, I think).  I have Eastern European roots - what is now Slovakia and Poland - and I grew up like you describe.  For me, it was more respect (I guess?) for the family.  I live differently; if that was my kid I would EXPECT that an adult would provide guidance; at least on basic issues of right and wrong.

Also to this response of "I saw this video...", it's not much different than saying "I read this book...". It's still information, just an evolved way of getting that information. The internet has made this information available to everyone. Everyone in the world has access to knowledge they would have had to travel across the world for. For those that really are invested and interested in learning more, they would go travel to that place to experience it first hand. While those not as invested will still have some knowledge of it, but not a full understanding and grasp of that knowledge because some knowledge has to be felt, not shown. And some people are not privy to some knowledge, as they don't belong to that culture. But, that doesn't mean other cultures don't share the same knowledge, it's just done in a different way, but it's all the same thing.

Yeah, I disagree with that.  It's not the same as a book; at least not the majority of them.  I have this same beef with journalism (but that's for a different thread).  The very nature of the internet is that there are no controls, no hurdles, no BURDENS.  There used to be checks and balances for getting things published; now any Yahoo (pun intended) with a GoPro or a cellphone can post videos of anything they want. 

It's just now, how much are you willing to dig and mine for this information.

Also, we need to learn when too much is too much. And separate ourselves from the "screens" and reconnect with the world outside. And I need to learn that, because I am on here far too much than I should be. But this place is a wonderful community, and it's manifested itself from a simple band forums to an entire online forums community, who just happen to be Dream Theater fans.

I don't consider the forum here to be the same thing; this is a means to an end.   If I wasn't writing here, I would be talking to several of the people here anyway. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4748 on: December 30, 2020, 08:51:35 PM »
Saw this headine on MSN.com

.."tayshia-adams-and-zac-clark-already-have-so-many-cute-moments-together"

Who the fuck are Tayshia Adams and Zac Clark? And who the hell cares?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4749 on: December 30, 2020, 08:57:32 PM »
Saw this headine on MSN.com

.."tayshia-adams-and-zac-clark-already-have-so-many-cute-moments-together"

Who the fuck are Tayshia Adams and Zac Clark? And who the hell cares?

The bigger question is who the fuck gets their news from msn.com!?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4750 on: December 30, 2020, 08:58:37 PM »
The same people who still use hotmail as their main email account. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4751 on: December 30, 2020, 09:00:26 PM »
It's my homepage. What's wrong with that? I actually like it.
It gives me headlines and stuff, but I totally don't get the pop culture references.

Do you have a set homepage when you turn on your computer?

Yo, let's take that offline. Send me a note at TAC@hotmail.com.

Wait wut?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4752 on: December 30, 2020, 09:01:48 PM »

And Microsoft Clippy?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4753 on: December 30, 2020, 09:02:42 PM »
I don't even know what a microsoft clippy is. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4754 on: December 30, 2020, 09:03:22 PM »

DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4755 on: December 30, 2020, 09:03:59 PM »
Dang, I forgot about that thing. :lol

I just bought a PC again after 9 years of having an iMac and didn't even think about annoying things like that not being around anymore.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4756 on: December 30, 2020, 09:04:59 PM »
Google is my homepage.

I don't mind MSN either.  It's a simple layout.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4757 on: December 30, 2020, 09:06:21 PM »
I don't even know what a microsoft clippy is. :lol

An annoying piece of shit that's simply in the way thinking it can help you yet it knows nothing and can never answer the question you have.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4758 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »

DTF.

Yeah, so there's that..

Google is my homepage.

I don't mind MSN either.  It's a simple layout.

I like it. It gives me the headlines and news. It doesn't feel biased in its layout. There's sports and entertainment, even local headlines.

But I totally  :facepalm: when they talk about people like they're major stars and I've never heard of them.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4759 on: December 30, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »
dtf.org is my home page.

Also, I have ranted on being in the car with my wife driving. I have told her from now on I will not be giving directions, she must use Google Maps on her phone. So today we were going somewhere (it was dark and very rainy, so I granted her a little leeway), and the app says "Turn right to enter Highway 525..." and she drives past the on ramp as she points and says (to me, because, presumably, the app doesn't respond to queries) "Was that where I was supposed to turn? Why didn't you say anything?"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'