Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304946 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4550 on: November 25, 2020, 10:52:14 AM »
I don't listen to music while showering but I do sing. I actually should get a speaker and listen to music in the shower, my showers are usually in 20-30 minutes range because I just love standing under running hot water. Good idea you guys.

I hardly take long showers anymore just because I'd rather use the time somewhere else, but when I was younger I would love chilling in the shower for long periods.  It's very comforting, and I use to bring in music back then as well.  I had a little CD player in my bathroom growing up.   My ex even bought me a shower speaker, but it was pretty crappy.  That was before blutooth was a popular so something like Jingle shared actually would be pretty solid.  However, I just blast my house speakers.  No one is bothered when you live alone.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time though, I usually spend the time to plan for the next few days, and as I said in some other thread, plan for my D&D campaign (this is big, I spend like 10 minutes each time rehearsing NPC voices too :lol ), decide what has to be done at work tomorrow, that kind of thing. Definitely helps me cool off after a working day.

Well for you, for me, other than maybe doing some inner thoughts and observations, eventually I feel like the time is better used somewhere else.  To each their own, if I had voice lines to practice, the shower seems like a good time to do it

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4551 on: November 25, 2020, 11:04:33 AM »
I mean I can't practice voices on a train, that'll look very silly :lol

No, I get it, and often when I'm in a hurry it's a 5-10 minutes shower, but when I've got time and when I'm especially tired, I'll do a long one and feel way better after that.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4552 on: November 25, 2020, 11:42:33 AM »
So back to the irritating things... amazon has lost my order apparently.  Should have been here last Sunday, kept getting a delayed email and that it was coming the next day until now it says the package has been lost.  Go to customer support and they said their internal systems are down so they can't help me and to come back later  :facepalm:  My friend had the exact same issue today, I wonder if our amazon truck got into an accident or something  :lol he also got told to come back later

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4553 on: November 25, 2020, 04:19:17 PM »
I know Joe among others can get on board with me on this one...

Holidays suck for those of us in transportation and the freight business.  Freaking holidays throw everything off schedule and cause much chaos and havoc.  Bring on the 2nd week of January, please.  :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4554 on: November 25, 2020, 04:43:50 PM »
Oh hell yeah. Now let me add more salt to the wound.  This Wal Mart DC is working tomorrow because they are so far behind while the stores are closed.

Guess who has to work tomorrow?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4555 on: November 25, 2020, 05:30:42 PM »
A bath on your lunch hour?? WUT?

Dude, see cram's post. He gets it. WTF is wrong with a bath? I'll straight up take bubble baths too. All up in here challenging fogey's stale ideas of masculinity. COMFORT is masculine, brah! :lol

I'm a big fan of baths at the end of the day. Now that its cold ill open the bathroom windows and let the bathroom get cold and draw a hot bath.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4556 on: November 25, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »
Tim, it seems again you are the uncool one not knowing baths are still in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4557 on: November 25, 2020, 05:40:21 PM »
Oh hell yeah. Now let me add more salt to the wound.  This Wal Mart DC is working tomorrow because they are so far behind while the stores are closed.

Guess who has to work tomorrow?

Damn, that sucks a high hard one.  :( :(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4558 on: November 25, 2020, 05:55:12 PM »

:lol

It's funny because a lot of the time, I'll come home sore from work, and my wife will be like "you should take a bath".

And I'm like, "A bath??"

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4559 on: November 25, 2020, 05:58:35 PM »

It's funny because a lot of the time, I'll come home sore from work, and my wife will be like "you should take a bath".

And I'm like, "A bath??"

Listen to your wife... and dtf, bring some music as well  :biggrin:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4560 on: November 25, 2020, 05:59:06 PM »

And I'm like, "A bath??"

Maybe that's her nice way of telling you that your odor is foul. :P :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4561 on: November 25, 2020, 06:13:54 PM »
Listen to your wife... and dtf, bring some music as well  :biggrin:

Words to live by, brother! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4562 on: November 25, 2020, 06:14:52 PM »

And I'm like, "A bath??"

Maybe that's her nice way of telling you that your odor is foul. :P :P

I smell just fine thankyouverymuch. But I do come home sore as hell.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4563 on: November 25, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »
I can't even mock you Tim. I'm sore every day. I can't wait to kick off the shoes.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4564 on: November 25, 2020, 07:23:30 PM »
I can't even mock you Tim. I'm sore every day. I can't wait to kick off the shoes.

I actually shower when I get home from work EVERY day, but that's due to Covid and where I work.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4565 on: November 25, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »
I'm seeing the same people for the most part at the DC. You have customers that are different daily. That's understood. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4566 on: November 25, 2020, 07:34:26 PM »
I was sent home yesterday (along with a co-worker) since both us felt under the weather, and they were being safe.  Had to get the covid test again and am working at home again until I get the next negative result. Ugh.  Working at home is mostly fine, but along the lines of things that are irritating, until our server gets an upgrade early in 2021, I cannot search in Outlook when at home, which is a bitch when dealing with tons of PO orders and whatnot.  I keep my folders in an orderly fashion, so I know where to find stuff, but having to dig and find it rather than searching for the PO number and it coming up in two seconds like at the office is a real pain in the ass.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4567 on: November 25, 2020, 07:45:35 PM »
I'm seeing the same people for the most part at the DC. You have customers that are different daily. That's understood.

I must say, it has been fucked up working knee deep in the public this year.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4568 on: November 25, 2020, 08:07:11 PM »
I think I was like 8 years old when I took my last bath.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4569 on: November 25, 2020, 08:10:03 PM »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4570 on: November 25, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »

I must say, it has been fucked up working knee deep in the public this year.

It was bad enough over here where things were mild, let alone over your way.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4571 on: November 25, 2020, 08:26:06 PM »
I was sent home yesterday (along with a co-worker) since both us felt under the weather, and they were being safe.  Had to get the covid test again and am working at home again until I get the next negative result. Ugh.  Working at home is mostly fine, but along the lines of things that are irritating, until our server gets an upgrade early in 2021, I cannot search in Outlook when at home, which is a bitch when dealing with tons of PO orders and whatnot.  I keep my folders in an orderly fashion, so I know where to find stuff, but having to dig and find it rather than searching for the PO number and it coming up in two seconds like at the office is a real pain in the ass.

I've had 2 employees out for 14 days that turned up negative so far. Scary times.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4572 on: November 25, 2020, 08:32:30 PM »

I've had 2 employees out for 14 days that turned up negative so far. Scary times.
They were out for 14 days and negative?

Honestly, I don't find it all that scary. But as usual, that's a Me problem, I'm sure.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4573 on: November 25, 2020, 08:41:15 PM »
Scary for them waiting for the test. Our company rule is near someone or symptoms,  out 14 days.

Waiting for the results wore on them. Especially the 1st one. He was early when it broke and the results took forever.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4574 on: November 26, 2020, 08:25:42 AM »
Scary for them waiting for the test. Our company rule is near someone or symptoms,  out 14 days.

Waiting for the results wore on them. Especially the 1st one. He was early when it broke and the results took forever.

I don't understand this rule, it's similar for schools in NJ.  If you have symptoms its 14 days, even if the test is negative.  But I get the quarantine until you get the results part, but if you test negative and symptoms are going away, shouldn't you return?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4575 on: November 26, 2020, 08:32:50 AM »
1.False negatives are a thing.
2. If you are symptomatic, you should be home regardless of the disease.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4576 on: November 26, 2020, 08:57:42 AM »

This is what our state is doing regarding businesses with cases.

"The state this week launched a new option for businesses in an attempt to avoid mandatory shutdowns when COVID-19 cases among workers reach certain levels. The business would be allowed to stay open if owners sign an agreement that calls for regular testing among employees and help with state contact tracing efforts.

The health department on Wednesday confirmed that Albertsons grocery stores are participating at all 34 locations in the state. Company officials said the agreement allows them to welcome back customers and workers to the stores that had been closed just in time for Thanksgiving."

https://www.kunm.org/post/thurs-gov-says-thanksgiving-plans-arent-worth-risk-food-banks-get-funding-boost-more?fbclid=IwAR3EJmxF_ebjFizQmZ4euYcViK_wwGQ_iu0eNsc6kxgekvJtJadvn6B-edQ
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4577 on: November 26, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »

I don't understand this rule, it's similar for schools in NJ.  If you have symptoms its 14 days, even if the test is negative.  But I get the quarantine until you get the results part, but if you test negative and symptoms are going away, shouldn't you return?

The reason for the 14 days is due to the incubation period of the virus. I agree about if it's negative, it's negative, and you should be able to go out of that quarantine.

But, then the CDC wants to shorten the quarantine length, so I guess the incubation period is lower now?

Edit: Found an article, just for you.... :biggrin:

The CDC hasn’t issued any new guidelines yet, but it could shorten this period to somewhere between seven and 10 days (officials haven’t settled on a specific number of days) and recommend a negative test before people exit their quarantine, Dr. Henry Walke, the CDC’s incident manager for Covid-19 response, told the Journal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/11/24/cdc-could-start-recommending-a-shorter-covid-quarantine-heres-why/?sh=52586c735d31
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4578 on: November 26, 2020, 11:04:17 AM »
For some reason Russian officials really love fences. They put them everywhere, our cities are full of fences, our parks have fences along their perimeters and there are more fences to be found inside, it's just metal fences everywhere. I'm kinda used to it, having grown up here, but it's still mildly irritating sometimes.

Today, during a run, I saw a bloody epitome of Russia fence-wise. I don't think you can top that.

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #4579 on: November 26, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »

The reason for the 14 days is due to the incubation period of the virus. I agree about if it's negative, it's negative, and you should be able to go out of that quarantine.

But, then the CDC wants to shorten the quarantine length, so I guess the incubation period is lower now?

Edit: Found an article, just for you.... :biggrin:

The CDC hasn’t issued any new guidelines yet, but it could shorten this period to somewhere between seven and 10 days (officials haven’t settled on a specific number of days) and recommend a negative test before people exit their quarantine, Dr. Henry Walke, the CDC’s incident manager for Covid-19 response, told the Journal.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/11/24/cdc-could-start-recommending-a-shorter-covid-quarantine-heres-why/?sh=52586c735d31

We shortened from 14 to 10 a couple of months back, because statistically the onset of disease occuring during the last 4 days is incredibly low and offcourse 14 days is very demanding. Soon we will shorten to 5 days, if a test is negative. Test capacity is finally at the point that will be possible (up until now, testing was only possible in case of symptoms). The only isntance where quarantaine will hold regardless of tests results is if there is a positive person in the house.

In my field there is a danger that materials are running out long term due to covid testing (I use similar resources and we perform pcr tests). So the increase of capacity is not simple. The US is in a better position because you have manufactures that provide these materials. We couldn't order certain things from the US anymore.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #4580 on: November 26, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »
For some reason Russian officials really love fences. They put them everywhere, our cities are full of fences, our parks have fences along their perimeters and there are more fences to be found inside, it's just metal fences everywhere. I'm kinda used to it, having grown up here, but it's still mildly irritating sometimes.

Today, during a run, I saw a bloody epitome of Russia fence-wise. I don't think you can top that.

Beautiful picture except for the fence/barricade.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4581 on: November 26, 2020, 12:56:51 PM »

I've heard the argument "well you could have a false negative" to which the obvious thought is "what the hell is the point of taking a test, then?", especially when someone is trying to do the right thing and no matter what you treat them as a worst case scenario.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4582 on: November 27, 2020, 03:16:06 AM »
So #DiaperDon is trending on twitter about Don t'Rump

and some people are getting *offended* because some people have no choice but to need diapers/nappies.

It's like JFC . In 5 years nobody will be allowed to make a joke about anything as it will anger SOMEBODY.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4583 on: November 27, 2020, 08:53:25 AM »
So #DiaperDon is trending on twitter about Don t'Rump

and some people are getting *offended* because some people have no choice but to need diapers/nappies.

It's like JFC . In 5 years nobody will be allowed to make a joke about anything as it will anger SOMEBODY.

Why are they calling him Diaper Don?

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4584 on: November 27, 2020, 08:59:02 AM »
Probably because of yesterday's rant behind his tiny desk.

"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens