Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304357 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4515 on: November 24, 2020, 01:17:51 PM »
Pedestrians that walk at their own pace, ON AN ANGLE.   I was at Home Depot, and made the mistake of letting a couple cross in front of me.  They walked TWO parking lanes over, on an angle, in front of me (instead of cross at the perpendicular, then moving to their car.)  I was blaring Ayreon, so I was fine in terms of my side, but it just struck me as incredibly self-indulgent.

The people crossing, or you listening to Ayreon?   :biggrin:

The crossing!  I referenced this in the Ayreon thread.   I said (to you): "Thank you, later."   Back in July, you told me to get "Into The Electric Castle", and I did, except it was coming from Germany.  I JUST received it this week and I've been listening to it almost exclusively.   (Tim's going to be mad, since I'm falling behind in the UFO thread!)

Is it "don't get a joke day" or something??   :-*

HAHA, no, I was just excited to talk about Into The Electric Castle.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4516 on: November 24, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
I woke up in the bizarro world, surely.

Why wouldn't you listen to music in the shower?  Serious question.

Because it takes like, 5 minutes to shower.

Why would you listen to music in the shower? 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4517 on: November 24, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »
I never think of that.  So true. 

I get harassed in a funny way on Facebook when I rant about going through a Dunkin Donuts drive through and when they hand me my coffee I say, "Thank you" and they say "No problem."

I rant that it's wrong to say that.  I know they don't mean ill will at all but what they are saying by using that phrase is they were not put out helping you.  That starts a HUUUUUUGGGEE conversation every time.  LOL

Maybe you should just start saying "I hope this wasn't a problem for you".   :lol

:lol

I know they mean well but boy it sounds so weird to hear.

Years ago when I was new in my job, one of my district supervisors asked me to do something. I casually answered, "No problem", and he replied, "I didn't think it would be". WTF? I've never forgotten that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4518 on: November 24, 2020, 08:09:01 PM »

As you should be!

Cuz I listen to music anytime I can.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4519 on: November 24, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »
This is interesting. When I was younger I might've thought about listening to music in the shower. But now, honestly, I don't have the time to set it up, nor do I really care. I take a Covid shower as soon as I get home from work everyday. I'm more apt to shower with a Moosehead than I am with music.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4520 on: November 24, 2020, 08:25:14 PM »

Other than my morning showers before going to work that are quick, I usually blast music when I shower.  Takes no time to set up for me since I can just blast my computer speakers through my small house but I don't bother turning the PC on when I just get up and go to work.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4521 on: November 24, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »

As you should be!

Cuz I listen to music anytime I can.

But that's the thing.  You can't go 10 minutes without listening to music?  Each to their own but I just think it's unneccesary but that's just me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4522 on: November 24, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »
I hope you guys are at least listening to female singers while you are naked and cleaning your balls.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4523 on: November 24, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
Music > Silence.  I've got about a 30 second wait for the hot water to flow.  I turn my bluetooth speaker on, and put my phone on the shelf before the hot water is even flowing.  There's no inconvenience, so I don't see the hassle

I hope you guys are at least listening to female singers while you are naked and cleaning your balls.

That's when a 5 minute shower turns into an 8 minute shower.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #4524 on: November 24, 2020, 08:34:13 PM »

sig'd ;)
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4525 on: November 24, 2020, 08:37:37 PM »
I gotta make some toast, but I can't decide WTF to listen to. ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4526 on: November 24, 2020, 08:39:20 PM »
I played music while cooking tonight, not sure what the issue is. If I can play music while doing things at home, I certainly will.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4527 on: November 24, 2020, 08:44:43 PM »
So on my days off, I'll put some music on in the kitchen while I do my "chores", emptying and refilling the dishwasher, making lunch/dinner, etc.

I've also been know to have music playing from my bedroom and I'll shower/shave with the door open.

But I don't think I've brought music into the bathroom specifically just to shower to since I was a teenager. I really want to get in and out as quick as possible. Taking a bath, sure music is great, but who fucking takes a bath?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4528 on: November 24, 2020, 08:49:02 PM »
So on my days off, I'll put some music on in the kitchen while I do my "chores", emptying and refilling the dishwasher, making lunch/dinner, etc.

I've also been know to have music playing from my bedroom and I'll shower/shave with the door open.

But I don't think I've brought music into the bathroom specifically just to shower to since I was a teenager. I really want to get in and out as quick as possible. Taking a bath, sure music is great, but who fucking takes a bath?

I enjoy baths... but usually bring my laptop and watch something.  I don't bring music into the bathroom, but my speakers are loud enough from the other room.  It's easier without a family to just blast music in my house. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4529 on: November 24, 2020, 08:51:15 PM »
Married with children = zero baths. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4530 on: November 24, 2020, 09:48:18 PM »
Married with children = zero baths. :lol

Lying in a pool of you’re own filth = zero desire for a bath.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4531 on: November 24, 2020, 09:50:51 PM »
Being an adult male = zero baths  :D

I play music around the house while doing many things. It has never occurred to me to do so while showering.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4532 on: November 24, 2020, 10:05:06 PM »
Music > Silence.  I've got about a 30 second wait for the hot water to flow.  I turn my bluetooth speaker on, and put my phone on the shelf before the hot water is even flowing.  There's no inconvenience, so I don't see the hassle

That's when a 5 minute shower turns into an 8 minute shower.

I actually take cold showers most the year so it's no use to me but as I said, to each their own, just can't get my head around it personally.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4533 on: November 24, 2020, 10:06:44 PM »

Pretty much all of this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4534 on: November 24, 2020, 10:23:24 PM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4535 on: November 25, 2020, 03:07:05 AM »

I'm not a fan of T - shirts with jokes on - but the ones where it's like 5 lines and every line is a different font....  :tdwn

You can't read them when someone is wearing one plus - I don't know the point in "funny" t shirts.

Cause once you've read the joke that's it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4536 on: November 25, 2020, 04:39:24 AM »
I have quite a bit of those tees and they get a lot of chuckles. Most will ask to read the tee of if I'm at a party it's a great conversation startef.

Now with covid they are useless.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4537 on: November 25, 2020, 05:36:24 AM »

I'm not a fan of T - shirts with jokes on - but the ones where it's like 5 lines and every line is a different font....  :tdwn

You can't read them when someone is wearing one plus - I don't know the point in "funny" t shirts.

Cause once you've read the joke that's it.

Lol wut?

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4538 on: November 25, 2020, 06:10:02 AM »
I recently donated a few different charities and within days got letters in the mail with info and requests for donations. Dudes... I just donated. Don't waste $1 of my gift to you sending me mail asking for more money. I got three different letters on the same day from one of them.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4539 on: November 25, 2020, 09:58:06 AM »
Taking a bath, sure music is great, but who fucking takes a bath?

I take baths all the time. I shit you not. More often than not when I come home for my lunch hour, I hop in the bath. Put a podcast or something on YouTube on. Sometimes I set my laptop in there somewhere and watch a movie if I feel like being super lazy. Living by myself has its benefits. Enjoying the zen of a bath is one of them.

But always, ALWAYS music in the shower. Waterproof shower speaker + phone on a shelf = no hassle and more fun. There's literally no downside.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4540 on: November 25, 2020, 10:35:54 AM »
A bath on your lunch hour?? WUT?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4541 on: November 25, 2020, 10:37:41 AM »
Taking a bath, sure music is great, but who fucking takes a bath?

I take baths all the time. I shit you not. More often than not when I come home for my lunch hour, I hop in the bath. Put a podcast or something on YouTube on. Sometimes I set my laptop in there somewhere and watch a movie if I feel like being super lazy. Living by myself has its benefits. Enjoying the zen of a bath is one of them.

But always, ALWAYS music in the shower. Waterproof shower speaker + phone on a shelf = no hassle and more fun. There's literally no downside.

The ole fogeys cant comprehend the life style of a 30 year old live alone dude.  :lol +1 on taking baths and enjoying some medium during it. 

I just took a shower actually and listened to half of the newest Alestorm album, had me singing FANNYBAWS! in the shower  :lol SO much for fun than the sound of the shower

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4542 on: November 25, 2020, 10:39:33 AM »
A bath on your lunch hour?? WUT?

Dude, see cram's post. He gets it. WTF is wrong with a bath? I'll straight up take bubble baths too. All up in here challenging fogey's stale ideas of masculinity. COMFORT is masculine, brah! :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4543 on: November 25, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
I have zero issues with taking a bath. But on a lunch hour?

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4544 on: November 25, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »
I don't listen to music while showering but I do sing. I actually should get a speaker and listen to music in the shower, my showers are usually in 20-30 minutes range because I just love standing under running hot water. Good idea you guys.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4545 on: November 25, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »

It takes me a 2 minute drive to get to and from work back home, and I work a job where I can get pretty filthy some days, so if I get soaked and dirty enough in the morning, absolutely I'll take a bath or shower on my lunch hour. Fuck yeah dude. Nothing like refreshing yourself for the second half of the day.

In fact just because of this thread in about 20 minutes I'm gonna take a nice bubble bath for 40 minutes  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4546 on: November 25, 2020, 10:43:43 AM »
Nothing like refreshing yourself for the second half of the day.

Surely that’s some kind of code? ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4547 on: November 25, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »
Well my lunch break is over. Gee this was fun! :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4548 on: November 25, 2020, 10:46:57 AM »

It's not really possible for me, but if I could, maybe I would?  I mean, even on my work from home days I don't really have the time to break away that long for a bath.  I don't actually take lunch breaks anymore either so there's that. I just eat something small I bring in at my desk or I make a smoothie when I wfh.

I don't listen to music while showering but I do sing. I actually should get a speaker and listen to music in the shower, my showers are usually in 20-30 minutes range because I just love standing under running hot water. Good idea you guys.

I hardly take long showers anymore just because I'd rather use the time somewhere else, but when I was younger I would love chilling in the shower for long periods.  It's very comforting, and I use to bring in music back then as well.  I had a little CD player in my bathroom growing up.   My ex even bought me a shower speaker, but it was pretty crappy.  That was before blutooth was a popular so something like Jingle shared actually would be pretty solid.  However, I just blast my house speakers.  No one is bothered when you live alone.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4549 on: November 25, 2020, 10:50:56 AM »

I hardly take long showers anymore just because I'd rather use the time somewhere else, but when I was younger I would love chilling in the shower for long periods.  It's very comforting, and I use to bring in music back then as well.  I had a little CD player in my bathroom growing up.   My ex even bought me a shower speaker, but it was pretty crappy.  That was before blutooth was a popular so something like Jingle shared actually would be pretty solid.  However, I just blast my house speakers.  No one is bothered when you live alone.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time though, I usually spend the time to plan for the next few days, and as I said in some other thread, plan for my D&D campaign (this is big, I spend like 10 minutes each time rehearsing NPC voices too :lol ), decide what has to be done at work tomorrow, that kind of thing. Definitely helps me cool off after a working day.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.