Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304949 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4480 on: November 22, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »
This doesn't really belong in this thread, but there isn't a "things that I find mildly amusing" thread.

I was watching TV yesterday, and a commercial came on for Panera.  I don't remember the whole commercial, but there was a line where the narrator said, "when Chef Whatshisname makes a pizza, he uses clean ingredients!"

I had to back it up to make sure I heard correctly.  Are they really saying it as a point of pride that they wash/clean their ingredients??  Isn't that a rather low bar for a restaurant?   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4481 on: November 22, 2020, 04:28:43 PM »
It's hilarious that companies have to say this in these covid times because if they don't they think we won't go. 

Domino's has the touchless pizza.  How did the pizza get made? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4482 on: November 22, 2020, 04:31:07 PM »
It's hilarious that companies have to say this in these covid times because if they don't they think we won't go. 

Domino's has the touchless pizza.  How did the pizza get made? :lol

True, but after it's made, it goes into an oven at reallyalotof degrees for several minutes.  No one touches it after it comes out.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4483 on: November 22, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
Oh I know but it is funny to see all these companies make commercials afraid of losing business.  It's a first to see so many do this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4484 on: November 22, 2020, 06:42:18 PM »
This doesn't really belong in this thread, but there isn't a "things that I find mildly amusing" thread.

I was watching TV yesterday, and a commercial came on for Panera.  I don't remember the whole commercial, but there was a line where the narrator said, "when Chef Whatshisname makes a pizza, he uses clean ingredients!"

I had to back it up to make sure I heard correctly.  Are they really saying it as a point of pride that they wash/clean their ingredients??  Isn't that a rather low bar for a restaurant?   :lol

(Sorry to blow your amusement, but "clean ingredients" has nothing to do with COVID or sanitation.  It's a health/nutrition thing.  No preservatives, not a lot/no additives... the idea is 'ingredients you'd use if you were cooking fresh at home'.)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4485 on: November 22, 2020, 07:21:24 PM »

(Sorry to blow your amusement, but "clean ingredients" has nothing to do with COVID or sanitation.  It's a health/nutrition thing.  No preservatives, not a lot/no additives... the idea is 'ingredients you'd use if you were cooking fresh at home'.)

Stadler, pointing out the unfunny.. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4486 on: November 23, 2020, 06:32:55 AM »

Stadler, pointing out the unfunny.. :lol

Since 2017!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4487 on: November 23, 2020, 12:09:27 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4488 on: November 23, 2020, 12:16:12 PM »
Mildly irritating: I am at the point where I have too many things to charge. On almost any given day I am recharging something: one of two battery packs, my phone, my Switch and PS4 and Xbox controllers, my Bluetooth speaker, my Bluetooth shower speaker... I've almost thought about buying a power strip dedicated solely to charging these things. Might as well just do it
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4489 on: November 23, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »
Mildly irritating: I am at the point where I have too many things to charge. On almost any given day I am recharging something: one of two battery packs, my phone, my Switch and PS4 and Xbox controllers, my Bluetooth speaker, my Bluetooth shower speaker... I've almost thought about buying a power strip dedicated solely to charging these things. Might as well just do it

My bluetooth shower speaker will last me a month... easy.  Then again, I don't have quite the mane (top or front) to take care of.  I can be in/out of a shower in less than one song (unless I'm shaving my dome).  And it doesn't need to be a song by Transatlantic ... I'm talking an AC/DC or Van Halen song.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4490 on: November 23, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »

My bluetooth shower speaker will last me a month... easy.  Then again, I don't have quite the mane (top or front) to take care of.  I can be in/out of a shower in less than one song (unless I'm shaving my dome).  And it doesn't need to be a song by Transatlantic ... I'm talking an AC/DC or Van Halen song.

You have music in the shower? WTF?!  Seriously?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4491 on: November 23, 2020, 02:26:52 PM »

Dude fuck yeah. What's better than music in the shower? I guess shower beer after work, with music in the shower. Or sex in the shower, with music. Okay, I guess a couple things are better.

@Chad: yeah, I mean, I only have to charge mine once every couple months. But it always seems to be right at the time EVERYTHING else needs charging too, so I just line all my shit up on a counter and spend a day charging  :lol I tend to take 10-20 minute showers though, cause of hair and an obsession with products
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4492 on: November 23, 2020, 03:04:36 PM »

This is baffling to me.  You might as well wrote "You breath air every day?  WTF?".   I have a Bose speaker and I bluetooth my phone and rock out.  Last night I took a shower after dinner and enjoyed the dulcet tones of Mr. James LaBrie on "Stargazer" and a fantastic Queen medley.   :)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4493 on: November 23, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »

This is baffling to me.  You might as well wrote "You breath air every day?  WTF?".   I have a Bose speaker and I bluetooth my phone and rock out.  Last night I took a shower after dinner and enjoyed the dulcet tones of Mr. James LaBrie on "Stargazer" and a fantastic Queen medley.   :)

My mind is literally spinning like a top right now!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4494 on: November 23, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »
Stads had a nice chianti and then rubbed one out. F# always does it for him.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4495 on: November 23, 2020, 05:10:49 PM »

I mean, the incessant drone of water dripping on tiles is great and all, but ...

Music is as necessary as soap in the showering process.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4496 on: November 24, 2020, 12:29:10 AM »
I woke up in the bizarro world, surely.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4497 on: November 24, 2020, 05:25:35 AM »
I woke up in the bizarro world, surely.

Why wouldn't you listen to music in the shower?  Serious question.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4498 on: November 24, 2020, 07:09:21 AM »

Well, that too.  I'm a man with needs.     

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4499 on: November 24, 2020, 07:22:33 AM »

Preaching to the choir.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4500 on: November 24, 2020, 07:57:18 AM »

:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4501 on: November 24, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
Pedestrians that walk at their own pace, ON AN ANGLE.   I was at Home Depot, and made the mistake of letting a couple cross in front of me.  They walked TWO parking lanes over, on an angle, in front of me (instead of cross at the perpendicular, then moving to their car.)  I was blaring Ayreon, so I was fine in terms of my side, but it just struck me as incredibly self-indulgent.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:06:49 AM by Stadler »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4502 on: November 24, 2020, 09:40:00 AM »
Pedestrians that walk at their own pace, ON AN ANGLE.   I was at Home Depot, and made the mistake of letting a couple cross in front of me.  They walked TWO parking lanes over, on an angle, in front of me (instead of cross at the perpendicular, then moving to their car.   I was blaring Ayreon, so I was fine in terms of my side, but it just struck me as incredibly self-indulgent.

I HATE that!

I'm on PTO this week, so I took my son to the DMV.  I was starting up from the curb and had to make a 3-point turn (I started facing west and needed to go east).  As I started the turn, I noticed a jogger in the street heading west.  As I was finishing the turn, I had to turn fairly sharply because there was a truck parked in the street on the side where this guy was jogging.  There was probably about a foot of space between the truck and my car and this idiot jogger, instead of getting on the sidewalk, squeezes into the space.  I fucking HATE these assholes who think the street is made for them to jog and expect cars to move out of their way.  I get that they think jogging on asphalt is better than jogging on concrete, but fuck these people.  They're right up there with the ass clowns who think they're professional cyclists and act like they own the street.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4503 on: November 24, 2020, 09:45:10 AM »
Pedestrians that walk at their own pace, ON AN ANGLE.   I was at Home Depot, and made the mistake of letting a couple cross in front of me.  They walked TWO parking lanes over, on an angle, in front of me (instead of cross at the perpendicular, then moving to their car.   

I almost posted the exact same issue the other day. Cross the damn street.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4504 on: November 24, 2020, 09:55:46 AM »
Also, people who are walking right in the middle of the narrow road so you can't pass them on any side without asking them to let you pass or without basically brushing their side. If the road is not that narrow, there will be three people walking side by side so you still can't pass them. They would also be walking as slow as possible apparently.

I know, I prefer to walk fast and some people prefer to walk at a slower pace, but show some awareness and don't block the whole damn road maybe.

Also, people who get as close as possible to you in line at the grocery stores (or generally wherever). It was irritating back before covid, it's doubly irritating now. There are lines drawn on the floor for you, just look at them and stay back.

Also, people who see the gap between me and the next person in line in front of me and decide that somehow they can slip in there and then act offended when I call them out on it.

Man I did not have a good day. :lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:17:34 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4505 on: November 24, 2020, 10:04:54 AM »
What boils my skin is pedestrians who walk right out in the street or into the parking lot without looking first.  I was taught to wait for the driver to wave you on.  Today most just walk out, and a high percentage of them don't even look at the car or truck that has to stop for them.  It's reckless. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4506 on: November 24, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
What boils my skin is pedestrians who walk right out in the street or into the parking lot without looking first.  I was taught to wait for the driver to wave you on.  Today most just walk out, and a high percentage of them don't even look at the car or truck that has to stop for them.  It's reckless.

I'd say it definitely boils down to a cultural thing. Now, I agree with you, because I was taught to look left and right and be sure there are no cars or that the cars are slowing down before I start walking. Even if it's one-way traffic, I still look at both sides of the road before I start walking. You never cross a street (even at a crosswalk) before you make sure it's safe.

Now when I was in Europe (specifically Germany/Netherlands), every single driver slowed down for me to pass. I stopped for them to give me any sign they'll let me pass before them and I felt I was just slowing down everyone. It was expected that if there's a crosswalk and there's a pedestrian in the vicinity of it, the drivers have to slow and let them pass.

When I was in Egypt, the only safe way to cross the road was underground. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4507 on: November 24, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »
Pedestrians that walk at their own pace, ON AN ANGLE.   I was at Home Depot, and made the mistake of letting a couple cross in front of me.  They walked TWO parking lanes over, on an angle, in front of me (instead of cross at the perpendicular, then moving to their car.)  I was blaring Ayreon, so I was fine in terms of my side, but it just struck me as incredibly self-indulgent.

The people crossing, or you listening to Ayreon?   :biggrin:

To up the irritant level on this topic, howsabout the fuckers that do this and don't even shoulder check to see if there's a car coming up behind them?  (edit: Ninja'd by King)

Also, people who get as close as possible to you in line at the grocery stores (or generally whereever). It was irritating back before covid, it's doubly irritating now. There are lines drawn on the floor for you, just look at them and stay back.

Mother of god!  mrs.jingle and I were walking into a Costco last week, and they stopped us to wait for a bit cuz it was getting too crowded.  These two older (70ish) ladies practically bounced into mrs.jingle - while fumbling for their masks to put them on.  I glared at them and said "six feet back,eh?"... to which her response was "but I'm wearing a mask".  Took all I had not to cunt-punch her.  I responded "it's still 6 feet apart - a mask isn't a suit of armor!".  Then her companion said "I'm with her".... "Well you can stand 6 feet back too then!".

It would probably be easier just to put this in my signature.

I hate people.  I really do.

Quoted this because it needs to be repeated, over and over again.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4508 on: November 24, 2020, 10:18:22 AM »
I never think of that.  So true. 

I get harassed in a funny way on Facebook when I rant about going through a Dunkin Donuts drive through and when they hand me my coffee I say, "Thank you" and they say "No problem."

I rant that it's wrong to say that.  I know they don't mean ill will at all but what they are saying by using that phrase is they were not put out helping you.  That starts a HUUUUUUGGGEE conversation every time.  LOL

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4509 on: November 24, 2020, 10:19:57 AM »

I get harassed in a funny way on Facebook when I rant about going through a Dunkin Donuts drive through and when they hand me my coffee I say, "Thank you" and they say "No problem."

I rant that it's wrong to say that.  I know they don't mean ill will at all but what they are saying by using that phrase is they were not put out helping you.  That starts a HUUUUUUGGGEE conversation every time.  LOL

Maybe you should just start saying "I hope this wasn't a problem for you".   :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4510 on: November 24, 2020, 10:24:05 AM »

The crossing!  I referenced this in the Ayreon thread.   I said (to you): "Thank you, later."   Back in July, you told me to get "Into The Electric Castle", and I did, except it was coming from Germany.  I JUST received it this week and I've been listening to it almost exclusively.   (Tim's going to be mad, since I'm falling behind in the UFO thread!)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4511 on: November 24, 2020, 10:24:25 AM »
Pedestrians that walk at their own pace, ON AN ANGLE.   I was at Home Depot, and made the mistake of letting a couple cross in front of me.  They walked TWO parking lanes over, on an angle, in front of me (instead of cross at the perpendicular, then moving to their car.   

I almost posted the exact same issue the other day. Cross the damn street.

That's what you get for not putting the damn carts back, you filthy animal.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4512 on: November 24, 2020, 10:34:51 AM »

Maybe you should just start saying "I hope this wasn't a problem for you".   :lol

:lol

I know they mean well but boy it sounds so weird to hear. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4513 on: November 24, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »

The crossing!  I referenced this in the Ayreon thread.   I said (to you): "Thank you, later."   Back in July, you told me to get "Into The Electric Castle", and I did, except it was coming from Germany.  I JUST received it this week and I've been listening to it almost exclusively.   (Tim's going to be mad, since I'm falling behind in the UFO thread!)

Is it "don't get a joke day" or something??   :-*

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4514 on: November 24, 2020, 01:11:31 PM »

About a year ago, I realized that "no problem" is not the correct thing to say there, so I made a conscious effort to switch to "You're welcome" instead. But yeah, pretty much everyone says "no problem" these days. It doesn't really bother me, but I wanted to be more polite.