Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309337 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4165 on: September 19, 2020, 07:58:00 AM »
Combo-braker:

Youtube asking me to log in everytime I want to load a video nowadays. What's up with that? Mildly irritating at least.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4166 on: September 19, 2020, 04:20:25 PM »
I should of known you'd say that.

This discussion is a damn squid.

I Could Care Less is definitely an annoying one as you're saying you literally do care.

If you COULD care less - your level of care is anywhere from 1% - 100%.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4167 on: September 19, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
Youtube asking me to log in everytime I want to load a video nowadays. What's up with that? Mildly irritating at least.

You mean you don't want to try YouTube Premium for 1 MONTH FREE?!?!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4168 on: September 19, 2020, 04:40:16 PM »
Another one is when people can't use apostrophes...

or they think that any word that end's in S - need's an apostrophe.

:angry: :angry:

Like a sign at the beach on a bucket of fishing nets that says " NET'S ".

or CD's. Although that is slightly acceptable since the apostrophe means letters are missing. But it's an abbreviation not a contraction.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4169 on: September 21, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »
The latter half of that last page just made me go upstairs and pour a drink.  And it's 8:20 AM on a Monday.   :) :) :)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4170 on: September 21, 2020, 06:23:59 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4171 on: September 21, 2020, 02:48:39 PM »
I was thinking about that episode when debating whether to say "mute point", or "moo point".   :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4172 on: September 21, 2020, 02:49:27 PM »
Those old friends episodes werent recorded in Doubly  ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4173 on: September 24, 2020, 07:20:44 AM »
I've written this before:

Me:  "I'm available any time EXCEPT between 1:00 pm eastern and 2:00 pm eastern."

Meeting invite:  "1:00 pm Eastern"

Reading comprehension, folks.  Though, if you read some of what I wrote in the P/R section over the last 24 hours, it seems to be a systemic problem. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4174 on: September 24, 2020, 10:50:17 AM »
I've written this before:

Me:  "I'm available any time EXCEPT between 1:00 pm eastern and 2:00 pm eastern."

Meeting invite:  "1:00 pm Eastern"

Reading comprehension, folks.  Though, if you read some of what I wrote in the P/R section over the last 24 hours, it seems to be a systemic problem.

I told this story before, but I took a vacation to Germany/Netherlands in 2017. My plane was scheduled on Friday, but my vacation started on Monday as I wanted to get some affairs in order before leaving. I explicitly told my boss and everyone who I worked with that I'll be on call for four days, from Monday to Thursday, in case there are problems they can't solve without me. Come Friday, I won't be taking any calls as I won't be in the country for the next two weeks.

There were no calls from Monday to Thursday; and then midday on Friday there's a call from my boss as I'm boarding the plane. I didn't even bother taking it, turned the flight mode on and that was it.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4175 on: September 26, 2020, 09:28:18 PM »
When the family is together, and you are all lined up to take a picture of the kids, and grandma or some other damn person gets behind you off at an angle and distracts the kids so they all look at them and away from you when you take their picture.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4176 on: September 27, 2020, 03:41:34 AM »
I always found group photos excruciating. It was so hard growing up with the kind of parents who didn't think mental illness was a thing. I wasn't painfully shy or had terrible social anxiety

To them - I was just a moody kid who never wanted to do anything - and that literally any illness can be solved with an early night and a decent kip.

Also they would always go " don't just tell me what I want to hear so i'll go away " - when you actually had to LIE - because the truth was not what they were hoping for.

I clearly remember literally just finishing something - getting asked " Did you do that thing ? " and having to say 'no' - because they didn't believe me - thus having to do it twice.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4177 on: September 27, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »
Small gripe... But the after affects of alcohol on me these days . I don't drink much (not counting the half a beer my GF and I split a few times a week... She orders a bunch of crap on Tavour... But she doesn't really drink alcohol... And I'm not a beer guy... Go figure..)

Sometimes I can have a drink or two, while hydrating (like last night), and wake up feeling like crap... And other times I've gotten completely sloshed and woken up perfectly fine. There's no rhyme or reason :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4178 on: September 27, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
Amateur.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4179 on: September 27, 2020, 05:38:13 PM »
When a thread has been dormant for ages - and you make a post.

Then someone replies - but it's not a reply to your post and then everyone else replies to their post instead.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4180 on: September 27, 2020, 06:08:07 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4181 on: September 28, 2020, 02:07:10 PM »
Not being able to pick up on signals (this is usually me in these situations) - or, at the same time, reading too much into them.

Girl I grew up with through the school system, Facebook friends, but literally never talked to, at least as far as I can remember. Noticed recently she's liked a few random things of mine on social media, most curiously about a prog metal album (and literally only prog metal friends like those things I share). Is that a signal? What is that? It's been nagging me all weekend. But I mentioned it to a female friend and how I thought she was cute, and so go figure, she blabs to said girl and now knows I think she's cute. Hoo boy  :lol

That's what I find mildly irritating. Who makes the first move? I'm not even looking to get with anyone, but it would be cool to make a nice new friend I could talk to, at least.  :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4182 on: September 28, 2020, 02:27:51 PM »
I'd pass her a note in gym class, myself. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4183 on: September 28, 2020, 02:30:37 PM »
 :lol I swear that's what it feels like. It's weird literally knowing about someone you've grown up with your whole life, but have not gotten to know except through the grapevine and other cliques of friends and that schoolyard mingling/social media stuff. I don't know if that's just a small town thing or not. And it's even weirder having them on your social media throughout all your 20s on top of that. Does she have the same view of me as I was in high school, kind of like how I have to fight my prejudice based on who she was and hung around in high school? Obviously 12 years being an adult makes someone a whole new person, and yet, human nature...

Obviously this can all be resolved by reaching out and being like "Hey, want to join me on a walk around the park?" or something basic like that idk, but I am clearly choosing to remain in hesitation  :lol This ain't quite Lonely Hearts level yet.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:01:07 PM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4184 on: September 28, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »
Not being able to pick up on signals (this is usually me in these situations) - or, at the same time, reading too much into them.

Girl I grew up with through the school system, Facebook friends, but literally never talked to, at least as far as I can remember. Noticed recently she's liked a few random things of mine on social media, most curiously about a prog metal album (and literally only prog metal friends like those things I share). Is that a signal? What is that? It's been nagging me all weekend. But I mentioned it to a female friend and how I thought she was cute, and so go figure, she blabs to said girl and now knows I think she's cute. Hoo boy  :lol

That's what I find mildly irritating. Who makes the first move? I'm not even looking to get with anyone, but it would be cool to make a nice new friend I could talk to, at least.  :)

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4185 on: September 28, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »
:lol I swear that's what it feels like. It's weird literally knowing about someone you've grown up with your whole life, but have not gotten to know except through the grapevine and other cliques of friends and that schoolyard mingling/social media stuff. I don't know if that's just a small town thing or not. And it's even weirder having them on your social media throughout all your 20s on top of that. Does she have the same view of me as I was in high school, kind of like how I have to fight my prejudice based on who she was and hung around in high school? Obviously 12 years being an adult makes someone a whole new person, and yet, human nature...

Obviously this can all be resolved by reaching out and being like "Hey, want to join me on a walk around the park?" or something basic like that idk, but I am clearly choosing to remain in hesitation  :lol This ain't quite Lonely Hearts level yet.

I was kidding with you, of course, but if it was me, and you get another one like the "like" for the prog album, just respond "hey, you like that?  What about the album before/after that one?" or "hey, you like that?  Too bad with COVID, they were coming around this summer, it would have been a great show.  Do you like going to concerts?"   I would wait until something that is a little unique (stay away from generic like "I know, Friday, amirite!?" or "hey, you like puppies, too?") but just reach out.   Can't hurt.  And you never know.  When I was divorced, I went to a mini-reunion, after having not gone to any reunion since my fifth - and found out the girl whose locker was next to mine had a crush on me all through school and I was too stupid/scared/clueless to have picked up on it. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4186 on: September 30, 2020, 07:23:50 AM »

I was kidding with you, of course, but if it was me, and you get another one like the "like" for the prog album, just respond "hey, you like that?  What about the album before/after that one?" or "hey, you like that?  Too bad with COVID, they were coming around this summer, it would have been a great show.  Do you like going to concerts?"   I would wait until something that is a little unique (stay away from generic like "I know, Friday, amirite!?" or "hey, you like puppies, too?") but just reach out.   Can't hurt.  And you never know.  When I was divorced, I went to a mini-reunion, after having not gone to any reunion since my fifth - and found out the girl whose locker was next to mine had a crush on me all through school and I was too stupid/scared/clueless to have picked up on it.

Yeah, you're right. It's a lifelong self image problem with myself (victim of perpetual bullying and ass kickings throughout elementary/middle school, and kind of an outcast in high school, which has had a lifelong impact on how I view myself and my value/worth compared to others), and I should just learn to take a page from my best buds' books and just reach out and try to be friendly. I just have that nagging thought they'd be like, "Oh fuck, not this guy" hahaha

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4187 on: October 03, 2020, 07:13:15 AM »
Daylight Savings Time goes into effect here tonight. ::)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4188 on: October 03, 2020, 07:19:20 AM »

We got 4 more weeks here in North America
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4189 on: October 03, 2020, 07:20:37 AM »
I feel like I'm the minority that enjoy daylight savings, I love the night time

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4190 on: October 03, 2020, 08:07:43 AM »

Speak for yourself sir!  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4191 on: October 03, 2020, 01:30:18 PM »

Speak for yourself sir!  :biggrin:

I remember asking an old boss of mine what AZ didn’t participate in DST (it always sucked when our head office was 3 hours apart from us for 5 months out of the year), and his response was “who the hell wants another hour of daylight in the desert!!!”

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4192 on: October 03, 2020, 05:57:44 PM »
When we are going somewhere and my wife asks me if I got everything. Then after I say I do, proceeds to ask me if I got each individual thing that would fall under the heading of "everything" one at a time.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4193 on: October 03, 2020, 07:38:46 PM »

Normally, I love the "fall back," and the "spring forward" sucks.  However, when my son was born (in May), "fall back" played havoc with the sleep schedule we were trying to establish for him.  The whole daylight savings thing is stupid and needs to be abolished.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4194 on: October 04, 2020, 04:47:43 AM »

Normally, I love the "fall back," and the "spring forward" sucks.  However, when my son was born (in May), "fall back" played havoc with the sleep schedule we were trying to establish for him.  The whole daylight savings thing is stupid and needs to be abolished.

Indeed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4195 on: October 04, 2020, 05:46:36 AM »
When I was younger, fall back was amazing. an extra hour of sleep.  Now it doesn't matter. Damn old age.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4196 on: October 04, 2020, 05:58:47 AM »
I don't understand why people think DST is stupid

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4197 on: October 04, 2020, 06:37:55 AM »
I'm a longtime suffer of insomnia so for me it's essentially a bi-annual upset to my already problematic sleep schedule. That's my primary issue with it, but I also don't see what the benefit of it is supposed to be, either, so I consider it pointless regardless.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4198 on: October 04, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »

Because it throws people off and it leads to poor sleep and car accidents. It doesn't seem to serve the purpose it used to anymore.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4199 on: October 04, 2020, 10:10:28 AM »
When your Boss's secretary gets to make administrative and managerial decisions for the department because he's involved in an affair with her and he won't allow any criticism of her  :P