Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309453 times)

Online faizoff

Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4060 on: September 03, 2020, 10:56:16 AM »
Damn it bosk, I was just about to reply with the following line.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4061 on: September 03, 2020, 11:08:02 AM »
:tup

It's impossible to avoid those songs around my house.  My kids are constantly dropping the lyrics in response to...pretty much anything you say to them.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4062 on: September 03, 2020, 11:08:17 AM »
The milk could have been going rancid. I've had that happen a number of times when making it at home.

Oh. Will I get the shits tomorrow if that was the case? :lol Because it totally sounds like I will.

She could’ve wrote the instructions down in cursive.

:lol

I didn't get the shits today so I guess she just added sugar for some reason.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4063 on: September 03, 2020, 11:11:16 AM »
Katt, can I be your second?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online faizoff

« Reply #4064 on: September 03, 2020, 11:28:41 AM »
:tup

It's impossible to avoid those songs around my house.  My kids are constantly dropping the lyrics in response to...pretty much anything you say to them.  :lol

My 5 year old is like that. Anytime there is a countdown, she'll do it the Ten Duel Commandments way. She's got a good portion of the songs down as well.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4065 on: September 03, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »

I got dibs on Stadler.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4066 on: September 03, 2020, 11:54:40 AM »

Why, me oh my, I'm simply flattered.  :)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4067 on: September 03, 2020, 11:59:49 AM »
I don't know if this is going to make complete sense, but here goes.

Coming out of my neighborhood to get on the freeway in the morning, I turn right off of a street I'll call Pine onto another street I'll call Main Street.  Pine has three lanes that turn onto Main.  The #1 lane (leftmost lane) turns left to go north on main, while the #2 and #3 lanes turn right to go south toward the freeway.  When you turn right, you hit a left turn onto another street (I'll call it Oak) in less than a quarter mile, and then the northbound freeway offramp is almost immediately after that on the left, and the southbound onramp is another few hundred yards (also on the left).  Main street has three lanes in each direction.

The thing that irritates me is that folks are constantly turning right off of Pine onto Main Street from the #3 lane and then trying immediately to move to the left in order to turn left onto Oak or get on the freeway.  The seem to get upset when folks like me turn right from the #2 lane (i.e., the correct fucking lane!) and are, hence, in their way as they try to cut to the left on Main Street.  These folks can go FOAD!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4068 on: September 03, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »
Now we just need a doctor...  :justjen

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4069 on: September 03, 2020, 12:30:14 PM »
Well, now this thread has gone and got me watching Hamilton while I'm working today.  :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4070 on: September 03, 2020, 12:37:42 PM »
Well, now this thread has gone and got me watching Hamilton while I'm working today.  :)

Way to go Hamilton.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4071 on: September 03, 2020, 12:58:57 PM »
The songs Chad sent me in my last roulette were well made and all but the pronounced theatrics and enunciation with rapping is unbearably corny to me.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4072 on: September 03, 2020, 01:04:46 PM »
I hear you.  I heard a couple of songs before I saw it, and thought, "Yeah, ok.  Not bad, but nothing special, and nothing I would gravitate toward."  And first time I started watching it, it wasn't until pretty deep into Act 1 that I started to change my mind.  I think you have to see them performed, and see the entire story in context for them to really hit you.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4073 on: September 03, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4074 on: September 03, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »
I hear you.  I heard a couple of songs before I saw it, and thought, "Yeah, ok.  Not bad, but nothing special, and nothing I would gravitate toward."  And first time I started watching it, it wasn't until pretty deep into Act 1 that I started to change my mind.  I think you have to see them performed, and see the entire story in context for them to really hit you.

I saw it (without ever having heard any of the songs) and thought it was just fine and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.  Discussed in more detail here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=45011.0

Online faizoff

« Reply #4075 on: September 03, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »

Yeah I think that is the key, I watched the touring show before even hearing a single note of the songs. The soundtrack is one of my all time favorites, but I don't think it would've been if I heard it before watching the show.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #4076 on: September 03, 2020, 01:16:19 PM »
I find Hamilton mildly annoying because now everyone knows my fun fact about the duel between Hamilton and Aaron Burr.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4077 on: September 03, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »

I think you're exactly right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4078 on: September 03, 2020, 01:20:27 PM »
As far as musicals go, The Book of Mormon > Hamilton

Online faizoff

« Reply #4079 on: September 03, 2020, 01:22:12 PM »
I find Hamilton mildly annoying because now everyone knows my fun fact about the duel between Hamilton and Aaron Burr.

Haha cool fact I learned back on Drunk history when they had just started back in 2007 or 2008? I even went to the birth place in the island of Nevis. Plus I saw his grave in NYC back in 2011 I think it was, way before the show and oddly knew much about Hamilton more than any of my peers.

When I first heard about the show, I was like oh I already know how this ends.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4080 on: September 03, 2020, 02:51:33 PM »
If Hamilton did anything, it was reinforce to me how out of touch I am with the zeitgeist.   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4081 on: September 03, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »

You mean that the duel happened?  Didn't most folks (educated in the U.S.) learn that in elementary school?

As far as musicals go, The Book of Mormon > Hamilton

I've never seen BoM, but for me:  Les Miserables >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wicked >> Phantom of the Opera >> Be More Chill >> Hamilton >> Dear Evan Hansen.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4082 on: September 03, 2020, 03:46:20 PM »
Never saw Wicked, but I wanted to.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4083 on: September 03, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »

I saw it live in Chicago I think in 2008 and it was really good. Definitely the best musical I've seen live in person. Defying Gravity was hype.

The Les Mis film from some years ago with Anne Hathaway is amazing imo. Actually just watched that over the weekend - still holds up. Always wanted to read the book but it's a proper tome.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4084 on: September 03, 2020, 04:39:14 PM »
I saw the second run after the original run in NY in Boston I think in 96.  It was an amazing show.  My wife was in heaven.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4085 on: September 03, 2020, 05:41:14 PM »
When you see threads ( anywhere ) asking things like

" What's the worst album / movie of all time ? "

And you already know - it won't be all people nominating an album or film they genuinely think is the worst one ever made -

- but instead it's " Name a successful film / album people love which you're gonna trash for no reason other than it's popular "

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4086 on: September 03, 2020, 09:37:31 PM »

He will never be satisfied.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4087 on: September 04, 2020, 05:46:38 AM »

" What's the worst movie of all time ? "

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4088 on: September 04, 2020, 05:48:06 AM »
Not whilst The Room or Mask 2 or Ryan's Babe exist.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4089 on: September 04, 2020, 07:26:31 AM »
Not whilst The Room or Mask 2 or Ryan's Babe exist.

I only know of this thanks to RedLetterMedia and it's hilariously bad.

The worst movie I have ever seen, and possibly ever made, worse than Trolls 2 or Manos: The Hands of Fate, is Heartbeeps. Or maybe Howard the Duck.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4090 on: September 04, 2020, 07:29:21 AM »

Actually, TCCoBB is the second worst. Weekend At Bernie's 2 is easily the worst.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4091 on: September 04, 2020, 07:47:19 AM »

I saw it live in Chicago I think in 2008 and it was really good. Definitely the best musical I've seen live in person. Defying Gravity was hype.

The Les Mis film from some years ago with Anne Hathaway is amazing imo. Actually just watched that over the weekend - still holds up. Always wanted to read the book but it's a proper tome.

I loved that Les Mis film.   At the beginning, with Russell Crowe badly singing "I am 9-2-5-6-2-5-6-4-2-3-1-56-7-7-3-w-d-40!" I feared the worst, but by the end I was captivated.   Still prefer musicals in the theater though.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4092 on: September 04, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »

I was surprised that I liked Wicked as much as I did.

Regarding reading Les Mis:  The reason I first saw Les Mis is because of my sister.  She had previously seen the show and probably had read the book more than once.  She told me that, having read the book, she was very skeptical about a Broadway show, but she said the show is faithful to the book.  HOWEVER, she said there is a very long (i.e., a couple hundred pages) middle section about the Napoleonic wars that has almost nothing to do with the main plot.  When I expressed some interest in reading the book (which I never did), she recommended finding an abridged version.

Actually, TCCoBB is the second worst. Weekend At Bernie's 2 is easily the worst.

I've never seen either of those movies, but the worst movie of all time is a 1991 Sylvester Stallone movie (also starring Marisa Tomei and Tim Curry) called Oscar.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4093 on: September 04, 2020, 10:19:26 AM »
 I don’t know man. My wife and I’ve also been watching MST3K lately, and I would nominate any one of the three Coleman Francis films as being the worst movies of all time. That guys filmmaking makes Ed Wood look like an Oscar nominee.

But if we’re talking about worst movies of all time that we’re actually made as A-list movies, my nomination would be for eyes wide shut. That movie just actively pissed me off.  It seemed like nothing happened at all for the first 2/3 of the movie, then you suddenly started developing a plot that was actually mildly interesting, and then the movie just ends without any resolution whatsoever. Horrible flick.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4094 on: September 05, 2020, 07:35:34 AM »
I don’t know man. My wife and I’ve also been watching MST3K lately, and I would nominate any one of the three Coleman Francis films as being the worst movies of all time. That guys filmmaking makes Ed Wood look like an Oscar nominee.

But if we’re talking about worst movies of all time that we’re actually made as A-list movies, my nomination would be for eyes wide shut. That movie just actively pissed me off.  It seemed like nothing happened at all for the first 2/3 of the movie, then you suddenly started developing a plot that was actually mildly interesting, and then the movie just ends without any resolution whatsoever. Horrible flick.

Doesn't help Stanley Kubrick died while making the film. I'm sure it had a lot more that got cut or changed entirely.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD