Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309612 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3850 on: August 11, 2020, 11:58:08 AM »
I love sauerkraut, definitely the go to topping for a hot dog.  But I also eat it with kielbasa too, soo good.  I actually ate a sauerkraut salad too recently which was surprising solid but I'd never actually buy that for myself, was a bit too much.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3851 on: August 11, 2020, 12:07:19 PM »
I think you guys and I have very different definitions of sauerkraut because I think it's the best shit ever. Here's what I'm thinking about, obviously image from Google but close enough

My family has been making these like 3 litres glass cans of it (like the one in the upper left corner of that image) for like 20 years and it's awesome.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3852 on: August 11, 2020, 12:10:12 PM »
I mean, that's sauerkraut.  Not sure what anyone else could be talking about   :lol 

I like it with brats as well, in Germany sooo good.  Miss eating the food in Germany.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3853 on: August 11, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »
Cabbage actually makes me sick whenever I eat it. I'll stay far away from that devil food sauerkraut :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3854 on: August 11, 2020, 12:19:56 PM »
I actually had a jar similar to that picture in my fridge recently and somehow when I oepned my fridge, the handle bar holing the side condiments broke off and the big jar of sauerkraut smalled on the botton of the fridge and all over the floor.  Sucked so much to hvae to clean it with broken glass, but also the smell  :lol I do love to eat it and mostly don't have an issue with the smell, but with that much concentrated, my floor stunk for a couple days until I finally did a full scrub of it.  I was also really upset at losing it all because that was a much higher quality product than the typical bag or can I would get.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3855 on: August 11, 2020, 12:32:26 PM »
Yeah, you have to kinda make it properly. My mother is a beast with it, I'm not so much :lol I know a few shops and one open market where you can get a really good sauerkraut in Moscow though, however the market is definitely not open now.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3856 on: August 11, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »
Cabbage actually makes me sick whenever I eat it. I'll stay far away from that devil food sauerkraut :lol

You pussy. :lol

I'm making a low sodium Asian Sloppy Joe tonight with no bread and over rice.  I'm adding Slaw to the top of it for a crunch.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3857 on: August 11, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »

I'm making a low sodium Asian Sloppy Joe tonight with no bread and over rice.  I'm adding Slaw to the top of it for a crunch.

:lol Cabbage is just gross lettuce, fam!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3858 on: August 11, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »

Cabbage fucking sucks so it's not like I'm missing out on anything good  :lol Cabbage is just gross lettuce.

This guy knows what's up.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3859 on: August 11, 2020, 12:41:14 PM »
Okay I edited that to be a bit more polite but I'm glad we agree  :rollin

I don't get the Paul joke tho

Offline Adami

« Reply #3860 on: August 11, 2020, 12:42:39 PM »
Okay I edited that to be a bit more polite but I'm glad we agree  :rollin

I don't get the Paul joke tho

Beatles.

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3861 on: August 11, 2020, 12:44:31 PM »
 :lol

Don't soften the blow Mike! :lol  You see Tim and I go at it. LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3862 on: August 11, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »
I am very confused at this connection between cabbage and The Beatles.

Joe, I'm just waiting for you two to go at it again before I jump in.  :lol :lol

Offline Adami

« Reply #3863 on: August 11, 2020, 12:49:26 PM »

Joe, I'm just waiting for you two to go at it again before I jump in.  :lol :lol

YOU'RE THE GOD DAMN WALRUS
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3864 on: August 11, 2020, 12:51:29 PM »

I just double checked the lyrics to that song and there are no references to cabbage. Adami, help. Please.  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3865 on: August 11, 2020, 12:53:40 PM »

I just double checked the lyrics to that song and there are no references to cabbage. Adami, help. Please.  :lol

:youfail:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3866 on: August 11, 2020, 12:54:25 PM »

:youfail:

The password is : Goo goo g'joob

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3867 on: August 11, 2020, 12:56:04 PM »
I'm so confused. Oh well.  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3868 on: August 11, 2020, 01:30:38 PM »

Damn...this is TAC-level (or me-level) stuff!

The Beatles did a song called "Glass Onion," which appears on the White Album.  The song contains the following lyrics:  "I told you about the walrus and me, man.  You know that we're as close as can be, man.  Well here's another clue for you all.  The walrus was Paul."

Hence, in quoting you, someone substituted "Paul" for "The Walrus" because, "[t]he walrus was Paul."  Has nothing to do with cabbage.

Also, WTF are century eggs?!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3869 on: August 11, 2020, 01:33:48 PM »

Damn...this is TAC-level (or me-level) stuff!

The Beatles did a song called "Glass Onion," which appears on the White Album.  The song contains the following lyrics:  "I told you about the walrus and me, man.  You know that we're as close as can be, man.  Well here's another clue for you all.  The walrus was Paul."

Hence, in quoting you, someone substituted "Paul" for "The Walrus" because, "[t]he walrus was Paul."  Has nothing to do with cabbage.

Also, WTF are century eggs?!

I knew that, but I thought it was somehow related to cabbage, since he renamed me Paul when I was talking about cabbage. Overthinking has foiled me once again. Damn you, Adami.  :lol

Century eggs!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:41:37 PM by The Walrus »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3870 on: August 11, 2020, 02:00:46 PM »
Adami, it's just like working.  Breaking down those walls.  Sometimes those walls are thicker.  Right Mike? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3871 on: August 11, 2020, 02:21:35 PM »
Sauerkraut is one of the most disgusting foods ever invented imo  :lol Yes, I'm putting that up there with like, fermented herring, century eggs, and stuff like that.

WTF is a century egg?

Sauerkraut, cabbage, brussel sprouts...all nasty.

A hot dog has two friends...mustard and ketchup. Anything else, it becomes a sausage.

You're making a what??

That doesn't even make sense.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3872 on: August 11, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »
A hot dog has two friends...mustard and ketchup. Anything else, it becomes a sausage.

No bun?  :biggrin: but seriously, while my go to is spicy mustard and sauerkraut, no room for relish or onions? 

Actually been eating the occasional italian hot dog lately with peppers onions and potatoes plus mustard. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3873 on: August 11, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »
So how often do you sniff your undies?

Got to say, wearing underwear for more than one day (unless you are just sitting home) seems pretty gross.  Even if it doesn't stink, just would feel dirty to me.  Jeans you can wear many times without washing, but shirts and underwear needs to be washed after a single use IMO.

Every day to check em tbh. I live in an apartment and I have no washing machine. The Launderette is like £7 a time so I try to go infrequently and hand wash at home.

If i've worn something already and it still smells clean then one more day won't hurt. . .

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3874 on: August 11, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »
So how often do you sniff your undies?

Got to say, wearing underwear for more than one day (unless you are just sitting home) seems pretty gross.  Even if it doesn't stink, just would feel dirty to me.  Jeans you can wear many times without washing, but shirts and underwear needs to be washed after a single use IMO.

Every day to check em tbh. I live in an apartment and I have no washing machine. The Launderette is like £7 a time so I try to go infrequently and hand wash at home.

If i've worn something already and it still smells clean then one more day won't hurt. . .

You could always use the deoderant that you apparently don't use on your skivvies.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3875 on: August 11, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
 :P Use deoderant on my underpants ?

I've never gone that far tbh.  :D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3876 on: August 11, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »

No bun?  :biggrin: but seriously, while my go to is spicy mustard and sauerkraut, no room for relish or onions? 

Actually been eating the occasional italian hot dog lately with peppers onions and potatoes plus mustard.

The bun is the house. The friends you invite over are mustard and ketchup. :D

I don't eat onions and I don't like relish. I've been known to put dill pickles on my burger, and have even used dill relish, but never on a hot dog.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3877 on: August 11, 2020, 03:49:24 PM »
Sauerkraut is one of the most disgusting foods ever invented imo  :lol Yes, I'm putting that up there with like, fermented herring, century eggs, and stuff like that.

WTF is a century egg?

Sauerkraut, cabbage, brussel sprouts...all nasty.

A hot dog

You're making a what??

That doesn't even make sense.

A sloppy joe with no bread and replace with rice.

Low sodium replacements.  We use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. What's so hard about that?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3878 on: August 11, 2020, 03:54:37 PM »
I've worked in a grocery store for 30 years, and if someone asked me what aisle the aminos were in, I'd have no clue! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3879 on: August 11, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
In the Asian section.  :facepalm: :lol

And now you learned something else on DTF.  Your Encyclopedia Tim.  Lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3880 on: August 11, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »
Century eggs!

So...shit that's gone bad...intentionally.  Mmmm...yummy.  Actually, now that I see that, I think they had to eat those on The Amazing Race one season.

I love that the deodorant discussion is happening in tandem with the hot dog toppings discussion.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:21:11 PM by pg1067 »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3881 on: August 11, 2020, 04:13:55 PM »
I love that the deodorant discussion is happening in tandem with the hot dog toppings discussion.

Yeah, sure something to relish. :neverusethis:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3882 on: August 11, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »

Yes, relish with your hot dog  :lol I think you've mentioned your dislike of onions before so I forgot that, but relish on a dog is pretty good but not my goto.  If I go to a BBQ and they don't have spicy mustard but have relish, ill go with it.  Pickles on a burger are fantastic too.  Also washing your undies and using deodorant is always a solid choice

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3883 on: August 11, 2020, 11:50:43 PM »
The bun is the house. The friends you invite over are mustard and ketchup. :D

It is gems like this that make me keep coming back to dtf.org after all these years.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3884 on: August 12, 2020, 07:21:12 AM »

Yes, relish with your hot dog  :lol I think you've mentioned your dislike of onions before so I forgot that, but relish on a dog is pretty good but not my goto.  If I go to a BBQ and they don't have spicy mustard but have relish, ill go with it.  Pickles on a burger are fantastic too.  Also washing your undies and using deodorant is always a solid choice

How you so deftly went from hot dog condiments to Kotow's short deodorant is Olympic level.   ;)