Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309489 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3815 on: August 10, 2020, 01:59:02 PM »
More than mildly irritating: how I can wear a deodorant for years with no problem, but how it will cause an extremely painful rash the next day if I go out and do an hour of cardio with it. WTF.

Ironic timing.  I usually use Old Spice, but found a stick of Dove in the cupboard and used it a few times last week.  Bad - BAD - rash.  Like a sunburn.

Is it just deodorant or is it also an antiperspirant. I found that antiperspirant deodorant will give me rashes.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3816 on: August 10, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »
Speaking of deodorant...

A couple months back, my daughter and I went to Target over the weekend to get some stuff that got left off the grocery list and ostensibly couldn't wait until the next shopping trip (which my wife does during the week).  My daughter grabbed a stick of "Native" deodorant, which was priced at like $12 for a 2.65 ounce stick, and I said, "ummm...no."  By comparison, I use Right Guard Sport, which is about $6 for three 3-ounce "sticks."  When we got home, I mentioned to my wife that daughter wanted to buy deodorant that was $12 per *#@! stick.  Her response was that that's what she and the daughter use, and "I'm not going to have my baby getting breast cancer."

I kinda said "WTF?!" but I know better to engage in that sort of discussion.  But seriously...WTF?!  From a quick Google search I did, even the American Cancer Society agrees that there is no scientific link between the Aluminum compound in most deodorants and breast cancer.  I find it "mildly annoying" that my wife is willing to spend so much money on a mundane product for no apparent good reason.

Is your wife's name Karen by any chance?   :lol :lol

@ Reaper... you're spot on.  The Old Spice (also clear/blue) is just deodorant; the Dove shit is the white/chalky crap, and is "anti-perspirant".  I find I'm ok with it if I use it right after a shower, but putting it on dry is what (I believe) causes it to rash me up.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3817 on: August 10, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
Speaking of deodorant...

A couple months back, my daughter and I went to Target over the weekend to get some stuff that got left off the grocery list and ostensibly couldn't wait until the next shopping trip (which my wife does during the week).  My daughter grabbed a stick of "Native" deodorant, which was priced at like $12 for a 2.65 ounce stick, and I said, "ummm...no."  By comparison, I use Right Guard Sport, which is about $6 for three 3-ounce "sticks."  When we got home, I mentioned to my wife that daughter wanted to buy deodorant that was $12 per *#@! stick.  Her response was that that's what she and the daughter use, and "I'm not going to have my baby getting breast cancer."

I kinda said "WTF?!" but I know better to engage in that sort of discussion.  But seriously...WTF?!  From a quick Google search I did, even the American Cancer Society agrees that there is no scientific link between the Aluminum compound in most deodorants and breast cancer.  I find it "mildly annoying" that my wife is willing to spend so much money on a mundane product for no apparent good reason.

Is your wife's name Karen by any chance?   :lol :lol

@ Reaper... you're spot on.  The Old Spice (also clear/blue) is just deodorant; the Dove shit is the white/chalky crap, and is "anti-perspirant".  I find I'm ok with it if I use it right after a shower, but putting it on dry is what (I believe) causes it to rash me up.

That's really funny, because for me, it's the clear/blue that caused me the horrible rash, and the white/chalky crap has never ever given me problems!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3818 on: August 10, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »

I actually feel sorry for the city dogs. Can't even roam and scourage, explore. They're just stuck in a box all day. Compared to a rural dog, who has vast land to roam and explore. Dogs are loyal, and will return home, they're protectors.

They think they are but in reality they go fucking mental at anyone who happens to walk past their house for a good 10 minutes.

But if a burglar actually got into the house - they would 100% shit themselves and hide.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3819 on: August 10, 2020, 04:59:06 PM »
More than mildly irritating: how I can wear a deodorant for years with no problem, but how it will cause an extremely painful rash the next day if I go out and do an hour of cardio with it. WTF.

I never use anti-perspirant or deoderant. I have a good wash in the shower and put on fresh clothes and drink plenty of liquids if it's hot.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3820 on: August 10, 2020, 05:07:38 PM »

I never use anti-perspirant or deoderant. I have a good wash in the shower and put on fresh clothes and drink plenty of liquids if it's hot.
How the hell do you manage that? I stink even with antiperspirant/deodorant half the time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3821 on: August 10, 2020, 05:26:16 PM »
I guess I don't smell that bad ? If it's really hot or i'm at work in the kitchen I am constantly drinking water.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3822 on: August 10, 2020, 05:46:47 PM »
If I am just at home all day sometimes I can get by without antiperspirant, assuming temps are not very high.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3823 on: August 10, 2020, 06:33:02 PM »
I guess I don't smell that bad ? If it's really hot or i'm at work in the kitchen I am constantly drinking water.

We had a guy in our shop all last week who didn't wear deodorant and every time he came into the office the air was instantly filled with the most disgusting sour stench. Please, wear deodorant. PLEASE. Trust me, you go noseblind to yourself, but smell your pits. Doesn't matter how good you wash... you're giving off scent.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3824 on: August 10, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
I would go insane with my armpit so sticky.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3825 on: August 11, 2020, 05:58:41 AM »

We had a guy in our shop all last week who didn't wear deodorant and every time he came into the office the air was instantly filled with the most disgusting sour stench. Please, wear deodorant. PLEASE. Trust me, you go noseblind to yourself, but smell your pits. Doesn't matter how good you wash... you're giving off scent.

While I agree for the most part, I do think that everyone is unique, and some people are most likely less disposed to have (bad) BO - just as others are inclined to have really bad BO
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3826 on: August 11, 2020, 07:14:53 AM »

While I agree for the most part, I do think that everyone is unique, and some people are most likely less disposed to have (bad) BO - just as others are inclined to have really bad BO

Oh I agree but I think people who don't smell without deodorant are a very small % of the population. Speed Stick, bro. It ain't expensive

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #3827 on: August 11, 2020, 07:26:21 AM »
I worked with a guy who I'm pretty sure just doused himself in Axe body spray instead of showering.

Doesn't really add to the discussion here, I was just having some Vietnam-style flashbacks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3828 on: August 11, 2020, 07:29:18 AM »
I worked with a guy who I'm pretty sure just doused himself in Axe body spray instead of showering.

Doesn't really add to the discussion here, I was just having some Vietnam-style flashbacks.

I love the small of napalm in the morning.   :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3829 on: August 11, 2020, 08:02:25 AM »

There was a guy who I roomed wtih one summer at like a camp for a few weeks and he essentially didn't do laundry and would just spray his clothes with some like deodorant thing similar to axe.  It was disgusting. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3830 on: August 11, 2020, 08:03:02 AM »
We dudes are just gross sometimes  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3831 on: August 11, 2020, 08:23:31 AM »
Actually, that's worse.  Sometimes the "BO" and the scent don't mix.  I used to work with a woman that would come in with a ton of perfume, and the initial smell wasn't bad, but as the day went on, just her normal body chemistry didn't "sit" with the perfume well.  She didn't have "BO" in the sense of smelling like sweat or armpit, but the perfume didn't gel with her and by the end of the day it was just... off (and off-putting).   

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3832 on: August 11, 2020, 08:30:59 AM »
The worse smell is when you combine BO and a cigarette smoker AND you need to get on an elevator with them.  :tdwn

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3833 on: August 11, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
I would at least prefer having a little bit of fresh deodorant in there with the sour smell of vinegar and funk. Smells like someone's making German potato salad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3834 on: August 11, 2020, 10:12:48 AM »
On an unrelated note, I've decided I don't like German potato salad anymore. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3835 on: August 11, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
The worst smell is when you combine perfume and a cigarette smoker AND you need to get on an elevator with them.  :tdwn

ftfy
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3836 on: August 11, 2020, 10:15:43 AM »
I don’t like any potato salad.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3837 on: August 11, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »
I would at least prefer having a little bit of fresh deodorant in there with the sour smell of vinegar and funk. Smells like someone's making German potato salad

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3838 on: August 11, 2020, 10:42:17 AM »
Sauerkraut is one of the most disgusting foods ever invented imo  :lol Yes, I'm putting that up there with like, fermented herring, century eggs, and stuff like that.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3839 on: August 11, 2020, 10:44:30 AM »
The worse smell is when you combine BO and a cigarette smoker AND you need to get on an elevator with them.  :tdwn

This. Smoker plus BO plus deodorant instead of washing.

Or those people you pass in the street who smell like they’ve worn the same clothes for weeks

Without any kind of a wash 🤢

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3840 on: August 11, 2020, 10:46:10 AM »
Not always, but there are times when I just crave a good hotdog, with a fresh bun, some spicy mustard, relish, maybe a handful of diced onions and on top a blanket of sauerkraut.   MMMMMMMM. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3841 on: August 11, 2020, 10:48:36 AM »

I think the “worst” thing I do is wear the same underwear for a few days if they don’t smell.

When I used to work 6 days a week and didn’t have time to wash

My uniform in between - I’d get one of those big spray bottles for cleaning tables.

And fill it with soapy water. I’d spray my uniform til it was wet but not sopping.

That would do in a pinch.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3842 on: August 11, 2020, 10:49:15 AM »

I think the “worst” thing I do is wear the same underwear for a few days if they don’t smell.

When I used to work 6 days a week and didn’t have time to wash

My uniform in between - I’d get one of those big spray bottles for cleaning

And fill it with soapy water. I’d spray my uniform til it was wet but not sipping.

That would do in a pinch.

Bro. And you don't wear deodorant? Omg. I hope you work out in the open air and not a closed environment  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3843 on: August 11, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
I’m always checking myself. 🤷‍♂️.

If I smell I’ll go to the men’s room and have a quick wash.

But I really don’t smell.

I shower every day after #2 😝 so...

Obviously i change my undies if they smell even a little. 🙈

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3844 on: August 11, 2020, 10:58:03 AM »
So how often do you sniff your undies?

Got to say, wearing underwear for more than one day (unless you are just sitting home) seems pretty gross.  Even if it doesn't stink, just would feel dirty to me.  Jeans you can wear many times without washing, but shirts and underwear needs to be washed after a single use IMO. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3845 on: August 11, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
Not always, but there are times when I just crave a good hotdog, with a fresh bun, some spicy mustard, relish, maybe a handful of diced onions and on top a blanket of sauerkraut.   MMMMMMMM.

This guy gets it - but with sausage for me, and a strip of sriracha if it's not spicy sausage.  Goes down num num.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3846 on: August 11, 2020, 11:30:44 AM »

I had a moment like this last week and decided to go support Blackies.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3847 on: August 11, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
Sauerkraut is one of the most disgusting foods ever invented imo  :lol Yes, I'm putting that up there with like, fermented herring, century eggs, and stuff like that.

Dafuq are century eggs?

I actually think sauerkraut smells pretty good, but I would never put it anywhere near my mouth.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3848 on: August 11, 2020, 11:41:58 AM »

I had a moment like this last week and decided to go support Blackies.

NICE!  When I go to Ridgefield to see a show, it's always a coin flip whether I go there or Nardelli's.   Last time I was there I went with my friend Jim on the way to the show.  We had our meal, started back to the car, then turned around and went back for a second helping.  :)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3849 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42:48 AM »

Dafuq are century eggs?

I actually think sauerkraut smells pretty good, but I would never put it anywhere near my mouth.

If you're cooking sauerkraut in a pan, ad a few teaspoons of grade seed oil. It will help you scrape it out into the trash.