Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309928 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3745 on: July 23, 2020, 06:00:55 AM »
I worked in one department before, where during the training I had people say no number 2's in the department's bathroom, you have to leave the department and find another bathroom somewhere else in the hospital.

I was like "what are we on a tour bus?"  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3746 on: July 23, 2020, 08:39:34 AM »
This is the first I'm ever hearing of two ply toilet paper difficulties.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3747 on: July 23, 2020, 08:51:12 AM »

You lucky, lucky man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3748 on: July 23, 2020, 03:05:43 PM »

Cuz you've only ever used 1-ply?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3749 on: July 23, 2020, 05:12:15 PM »
You....you guys don't use your hands?

I...my god...MY GOD.... :|

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3750 on: July 23, 2020, 11:17:01 PM »

Cuz you've only ever used 1-ply?

Maybe he's never had a square to spare.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3751 on: July 24, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »
You....you guys don't use your hands?

I...my god...MY GOD.... :|

There's a great clip on one of the episodes of Ridiculousness, where a guy (I think he was a football player) got into an argument with the girl host about "touching poop".  She said she had never, and he basically called her a liar, saying everyone did.  No big deal.  After some explaining, it turns out his "routine" was to wad up paper, reach around, and poop onto the paper (in his hand) then drop it into the bowl.   The realization was hilarious: "You mean, you guys just let it drop right into the water??" 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3752 on: July 24, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »
Badly synched live videos.  I don't know if something is f-ed with the disk, or what, but I was watching 24 Strings And A Drummer last night (Night Ranger, acoustic) and it's whack.  Not just "words" not matching "lips", but Kelly Keagy drums and vocals were not in synch with each other (that tells me "OVERDUB!").  If so, that is one of the most overdubbed shows I own, because it's almost CONSTANT (and I find that hard to believe, since I've seen NR three times live and they've killed it each time). 

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #3753 on: July 24, 2020, 07:08:49 PM »
When everything is "version" something.  :facepalm:  :P

~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3754 on: July 24, 2020, 08:28:45 PM »
Thats a good one, that has never bothered me as much as a trend I see on reddit and a few other places where topics say "Can we talk about xyz?" I dont know why it irks me so much.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3755 on: July 24, 2020, 10:54:44 PM »
JustJen v. Annoyed.

:police:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3756 on: July 25, 2020, 05:28:36 AM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3757 on: July 25, 2020, 06:18:48 AM »
So baseball started last night and on the Twins Facebook post about the game it seemed like half the comments were people complaining. "I'm a veteran and I was deeply offended by players taking a knee during the national anthem. I'll never watch a Twins game ever again." Way to give up on a lifelong enjoyment of baseball just because a player has a different political view than you. "I was so disappointed to see players without masks in the dugout. They should be setting a better example..." Really? Just leave people alone and let them make their own choices. Ugh.. just enjoy baseball again and stop finding things to whine about.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3758 on: July 27, 2020, 07:11:01 AM »
It's that whole idea that something has to be complained about.  For "reasons", I happened to see a clip on YouTube of one scene from "Two And A Half Men", where Michael Duncan Clark (as a dad of a cute teen) was at Charlie's door asking where said teen was (after going on a "date" with the kid).   Charlie offered to call the kid and when he did so, the cell phone - left on the table - started to ring.  The ring tone was "Yo bitch, I'm gonna slap you up", and it kept going while Charlie was face-to-face with 6'5" 200 and some odd pound dad.  It was actually quite funny. 

https://youtu.be/kkAXfFv7x08

The comments?  "What phone rings like that?"  "What phone rings that long?"   "What phone doesn't stop ringing once you hang up?"  Etc., etc.    If you're watching "Two And A Half Men" for strict physics accuracy, you're already behind the eight ball.  Why not just enjoy the absurdity for what it is?  We're not rewriting history here, we're not obfuscating crimes, or slandering people...   I just can't imagine living that kind of life where you can't separate even for 90 seconds to enjoy what is really about Charlie and Michael acting out an uncomfortable scene that any dad of a daughter (me!) would dread!

EDIT:  There are about six versions (at least) out there; this isn't the one I saw initially, so there aren't that many "idiot" comments on this link (though someone did call "Yo bitch, I'm gonna slap you up" racist, for some reason.   ???)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3759 on: July 27, 2020, 10:08:44 AM »
It's that whole idea that something has to be complained about. . . .

Kinda like Cam Newton and his helicopter pad.

:)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3760 on: July 27, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »
It's that whole idea that something has to be complained about. . . .

Kinda like Cam Newton and his helicopter pad.

:)

Absolutely!  Hey... wait a second...

:) :) :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3761 on: July 27, 2020, 01:12:01 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3762 on: July 27, 2020, 03:27:46 PM »
The management company for my condo sent out plumbers today to replace pipes for the bathroom and have left but never turned back on the water for the bathroom, so now I am stuck without water until tomorrow.

I'm most annoyed with myself for just assuming that they would remember to turn it back on and not directly asking them to before they left  :facepalm:

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3763 on: July 27, 2020, 04:56:42 PM »
Has anybody ever successfully opened one of these things without just cutting it (or more likely the bag) apart? The asshole that invented these stupid things might just be number one on the list of people who need to be shot in the fucking head.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3764 on: July 27, 2020, 06:51:07 PM »
It's that whole idea that something has to be complained about.

I bought a new snare drum and it is my first acoustic drum since i sold my kit in 2014 - so obviously I was very excited about it.

I uploaded a short clip to Instagram of me playing a few rolls on it.

Of course I get a comment telling me that everything I am doing is wrong.

::) I'd never ever dream of just messaging some musician online exclusively to tell them how crap they are. What the hell.

---

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAcrhWInr8P/

Check it out if you want. I'm 100% self taught by the way. I've had to teach myself everything like single. doubles. Moeller etc.  :D

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3765 on: July 28, 2020, 03:52:59 PM »
Do a little searching on ways to improve your marriage or spice things up a bit and, based on ads, Facebook either thinks my wife cheated on me or that we are getting divorced. 😀

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3766 on: July 29, 2020, 06:07:36 AM »
It's that whole idea that something has to be complained about.

I bought a new snare drum and it is my first acoustic drum since i sold my kit in 2014 - so obviously I was very excited about it.

I uploaded a short clip to Instagram of me playing a few rolls on it.

Of course I get a comment telling me that everything I am doing is wrong.

::) I'd never ever dream of just messaging some musician online exclusively to tell them how crap they are. What the hell.

---

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAcrhWInr8P/

Check it out if you want. I'm 100% self taught by the way. I've had to teach myself everything like single. doubles. Moeller etc.  :D

Not for nothing, but you put all of this in your post for a reason - "#drum #drums #drummer #drumming #drummerlife #drummers #drummersofinstagram #snare #sticks #remo #tama #musician #rock #drumeo" . You wanted as many people to see this footage as possible. You openly elicited the feedback. It's the internet. I'm surprised you expected a different result.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3767 on: July 29, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
EDIT: Nope. Not today, Satan. No negative vibes for me today. NOPE
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:17:53 AM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3768 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »

Smart move.  Wrong place.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3769 on: July 29, 2020, 09:22:49 AM »

Believe me, those bridges are burned regardless. Can't help some people unfortunately. Speaking of bridges, hope you're doing well, Eric. Staying cool hopefully. Not sure where you live but it's freaking hot out here today  :lol

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #3770 on: July 29, 2020, 10:52:23 AM »

Believe me, those bridges are burned regardless. Can't help some people unfortunately. Speaking of bridges, hope you're doing well, Eric. Staying cool hopefully. Not sure where you live but it's freaking hot out here today  :lol

1) bridges can be rebuilt, even really badly damaged ones, I know.
2) with some of those bridges you might have to wait a while, some you have to be the first to swing the hammer.
3) bridges can get even more burned if we act inappropriately.  Don’t make things worse.
4) meh, I’m working from A/C home and have a pool.  Hot Schmot.
5) hope you are ok too.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3771 on: July 29, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »

Not for nothing, but you put all of this in your post for a reason - "#drum #drums #drummer #drumming #drummerlife #drummers #drummersofinstagram #snare #sticks #remo #tama #musician #rock #drumeo" . You wanted as many people to see this footage as possible. You openly elicited the feedback. It's the internet. I'm surprised you expected a different result.

I know people online are just dicks for no reason. It's the internet. They have total anonymity and safety. I just laugh at trolls and move on.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3772 on: August 04, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
The smell of a grown man who forgot to put on his deodorant today. Holy f^&*, that is one of the worst smells ever. Every time dude comes into the office the air is filled with the sour stench of B.O. Ewww.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3773 on: August 04, 2020, 03:43:59 PM »
Rank onions on steroids.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3774 on: August 05, 2020, 09:51:20 AM »

I know people online are just dicks for no reason. It's the internet. They have total anonymity and safety. I just laugh at trolls and move on.

As someone who will hashtag the shit out of my tweets to try to get views, I take the negative comments with a smile because I know I just reached someone who I otherwise wouldn't and they actually watched/looked at whatever I posted.  I personally LOVE the negative comments I get on youtube for some sick reason.  I've gotten quite a few lately  :lol it just confirms that someone actually watched the video in my mind and sparked some sort of emotion, even if negative. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3775 on: August 05, 2020, 03:01:05 PM »

As someone who will hashtag the shit out of my tweets to try to get views, I take the negative comments with a smile because I know I just reached someone who I otherwise wouldn't and they actually watched/looked at whatever I posted.  I personally LOVE the negative comments I get on youtube for some sick reason.  I've gotten quite a few lately  :lol it just confirms that someone actually watched the video in my mind and sparked some sort of emotion, even if negative.

Shut the fuck up, you pie-eating shart knob.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3776 on: August 05, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »
Now that was uncalled for  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3777 on: August 05, 2020, 08:00:09 PM »
Now that was uncalled for  :lol

Cramx3 style!!!  WHOOO!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3778 on: August 05, 2020, 08:01:25 PM »
Arm wrestling match.  Progstock 2021.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3779 on: August 06, 2020, 03:08:20 AM »