Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309670 times)

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3710 on: June 26, 2020, 02:09:01 PM »
Things that I find mildly irritating:  After being confused for several days, discovering that TAC and Katt changed their forum names to Mr. Crabs and The Walrus.  Sheesh!  Here I am, still fairly new to the forum, and trying to get to know folks, and just as I think I'm finally making some headway... some of them change their names.  AAAAAAHHHHHH!  Is this a normal thing?  I just need to know so I can be prepared next time :)

(walks away muttering to myself, raising my hands in the air and also trying to pull the little bit of hair out that I have left)
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3711 on: June 26, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »
Things that I find mildly irritating:  After being confused for several days, discovering that TAC and Katt changed their forum names to Mr. Crabs and The Walrus.  Sheesh!  Here I am, still fairly new to the forum, and trying to get to know folks, and just as I think I'm finally making some headway... some of them change their names.  AAAAAAHHHHHH!  Is this a normal thing?  I just need to know so I can be prepared next time :)

(walks away muttering to myself, raising my hands in the air and also trying to pull the little bit of hair out that I have left)

Ditto.  It took me at least a week to figure out TAC/Crabs and even longer with Kox/Walrus.   :lol :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3712 on: June 26, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »
 :lol

Running joke by the mods on Katt's Roulette he's running.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #3713 on: June 26, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
Well it's some comfort that I'm not the only one who got mixed up  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3714 on: June 26, 2020, 03:51:48 PM »
Read the thread. You'll get a chuckle.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3715 on: June 26, 2020, 04:03:17 PM »
Nothing good going on in that thread.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3716 on: June 26, 2020, 04:57:40 PM »

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #3717 on: June 26, 2020, 05:46:00 PM »

Thanks, I think I'll take a gander this weekend.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3718 on: June 26, 2020, 06:05:54 PM »

:lol :rollin :lol

No Katt, only Walrus. I AM OF THE SEA NOW
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3719 on: June 26, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »
More like WalrusKox
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3720 on: June 26, 2020, 06:46:27 PM »

You're too kind to put this in the mildly irritating thread instead of the pissed off thread.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3721 on: June 26, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3722 on: June 26, 2020, 06:53:49 PM »
Brother Lion... it’s indeed just a gag at the moment.  Name changes are rarely done.  Avatar changes ... that’s what always fucks with me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3723 on: June 26, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »
No gag, only walrus. I intend to keep this name.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3724 on: June 26, 2020, 08:23:00 PM »
I don't! ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3725 on: June 26, 2020, 10:56:14 PM »
Brother Lion... it’s indeed just a gag at the moment.  Name changes are rarely done.  Avatar changes ... that’s what always fucks with me.

I do think about changing my avatar, but I feel I can't unless both myself and Jon agree to it.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #3726 on: June 26, 2020, 10:58:26 PM »
 :rollin

Man, you guys are hilarious!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3727 on: June 27, 2020, 05:17:41 AM »

You're too kind to put this in the mildly irritating thread instead of the pissed off thread.

Yeah, says the guy who kept this avatar.

I do think about changing my avatar, but I feel I can't unless both myself and Jon agree to it.

Nope, you officially can't do it now.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3728 on: June 28, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »

I've had avatars and sigs turned off for years :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #3729 on: June 29, 2020, 03:43:10 AM »

I've had avatars and sigs turned off for years :lol

I just realized I have the same avatar since the day I joined MP.com in 2004

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3730 on: June 29, 2020, 11:04:48 AM »

You know you've been on this forum for too long when you notice the new names but immediately can tell by the writing who they are  :lol I don't participate in the roullettes so I had no idea of this other than just noticing one day.  But TAC was easy because Mr Crabs seems very fitting.  Not sure why Kat became the Walrus, but with such contrasting musical opinions, it was easy to tell.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3731 on: June 29, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »

You know you've been on this forum for too long when you notice the new names but immediately can tell by the writing who they are  :lol I don't participate in the roullettes so I had no idea of this other than just noticing one day.  But TAC was easy because Mr Crabs seems very fitting.

:neverusethis:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3732 on: June 29, 2020, 10:00:10 PM »

Yeah, says the guy who kept this avatar.

Nope, you officially can't do it now.

Ok.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3733 on: July 01, 2020, 05:48:00 AM »
You know you've been on this forum for too long when you notice the new names but immediately can tell by the writing who they are  :lol I don't participate in the roullettes so I had no idea of this other than just noticing one day. 
Lol, same. You also know you've been here far too much when you have an emoji made out of your avatar and name and therefore can't change either of them :mora:

(not that I want to!)

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3734 on: July 12, 2020, 04:41:55 AM »
Guitarist : So much as looks at a bass

All bass players in a 10 mile radius : : :rollin :lol ROLFMOA I can tell you're a guitar player LMAOROFL

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3735 on: July 20, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »
I've maybe posted this in here before, but people who don't have an email signature with their contact info (address, phone #, etc). It's super easy to set up and it automatically populates in your emails. I don't want to have to look back through dozens of old emails to try and find your phone number. Just freaking put it in every email.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3736 on: July 20, 2020, 09:13:08 AM »
I've maybe posted this in here before, but people who don't have an email signature with their contact info (address, phone #, etc). It's super easy to set up and it automatically populates in your emails. I don't want to have to look back through dozens of old emails to try and find your phone number. Just freaking put it in every email.

and yet what makes me irritated is that I do have my phone number and email in my signature and when people respond to my email asking for my contact info  >:(

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3737 on: July 20, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »

Yeah.  But I can top this.  Not only did one of my primary contacts at my customer (though, he isn't anymore, thank god) not have that, but his cell vmail box is full.  Like, he won't even let people leave him a message.  Maybe it's not as big a deal as it used to be - we can all just text each other messages now (and hell, my voice-mail's get transcribed and sent to me as a text), but man is it irritating.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3738 on: July 20, 2020, 09:48:40 AM »
I purposefully don't use a sig with a number because I don't trust Google when it comes to harvesting data, and I assume doing so would result in hundreds of spam centers obtaining my number.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3739 on: July 21, 2020, 07:15:41 PM »
Man, when I worked in the office of a major cruise line, and they said employees had to use a standardized sig file template instead of their own, you'd think we were being asked to sign away our individually to the devil. People lost their minds. "Why can't I have my own sig file the way I want it??"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #3740 on: July 22, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »
Two things:

1) Two ply toilet paper where the perforations don’t match up, so it’s awkward pulling it off the roll.

And 2) forgetting to lock the door so your coworker walks in on you doing your business...  :facepalm:  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3741 on: July 22, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »
 :lol just experienced the 2 ply problem this morning at work

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3742 on: July 22, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
On the topic of toilet paper: Holding in what you KNOW is going to be a gassy BM at work, when your work only has one fucking stall. So someone comes in, hearing the gurgling of Mt. Vesuvius...when you walk out, they know it was you and that walk of shame is DAMNING.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3743 on: July 22, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »
Two things:

1) Two ply toilet paper where the perforations don’t match up, so it’s awkward pulling it off the roll.

And 2) forgetting to lock the door so your coworker walks in on you doing your business...  :facepalm:  :lol

For when they don't match up - take the one ply on the top around the roll. This usually helps get them back in line.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3744 on: July 23, 2020, 05:09:46 AM »

I've run into this problem a handful of times.  And the solution is ...

For when they don't match up - take the one ply on the top around the roll. This usually helps get them back in line.