Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309461 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2835 on: September 27, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
haha, no. That's not it.

I think you're either a dick or you're not. You just don't go through life half dick (Yeah, have at it Chad--a meatball there for ya! :lol)

Hey... you said (admitted?) it, not me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2836 on: September 27, 2019, 12:05:01 PM »
Here's a thing that bugs me...

Email thread with myself and 5 people whom I "take orders from". 2 of the 5 tend to respond to emails earlier in the threads instead of waiting until they read the entire thread.

Because of this, I am getting the same requests from 3 different people every few emails.

People.....
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2837 on: September 27, 2019, 03:10:46 PM »
So here's what bugged me today..

I had an electrician (and his simpleton helper) here today.

A short time after they got here, the helper asked if he could use my bathroom. I hate when a tradesman asks me this, BTW, but I reluctantly said sure.

A little while later as I was sitting on my couch and as he walked by to go to the basement, the helper then asked me if he "could get a draft of water." Wait...I'm being asked to pour the guy some fucking water?? I am literally paying hundreds of dollars for today's work, and you're asking me for water??

I have bottled water stacked up on the stairway to my basement, so when he sees that he says, "maybe another one for Richie..?".

Are you fucking kidding me? I felt like telling the guy to fuck off. There's no waters in the truck?

And come to find out, the guy took a shit in my bathroom, as the seat was down and it still stunk. WTf'nF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2838 on: September 27, 2019, 03:24:54 PM »
Reminds me of that old Cam Neely ESPN commercial.....when he was gardening and said ‘why don’t you kick my dog while your here’.

The bathroom thing.....I understand your reluctance but at the same time.....where’s he gonna go? But he could have tidied up afterwards. The water deal would have gotten on my nerves though. I know tia just water but you have to assume they had provisions in the truck?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2839 on: September 27, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
I'm close with my college friends to this day.  One of my friends was driving home from a work function, and drove by the house of another friend.  Friend One still had about 20 minutes to get to his house, so he stopped in, said hello, and asked to use the can.  Friend Two said sure (thinking "pee"), but Friend One laid cable instead.  That was easily ten years ago, and it pissed off Friend Two so much, it's still a topic of conversation when we all get together. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2840 on: September 27, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
I remember years ago when we were house hunting we were at a showing, checking out a house.....and, well...it hit me and I HAD to go #2. There was no staving it off. So, I found a bathroom and took care of business and as you can imagine in scenarios where it’s a must it wasn’t a run of the mill outing.  :(    I did what I could to leave no trace but deep down I know they had to have known what went on there that day.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2841 on: September 27, 2019, 03:48:54 PM »
Many years ago, we had a tree crew at my house. One of the dudes...think Shaq, asked if he could use the bathroom. Actually it was more like.."Yo man you gotta bathroom?"

Sure...

This guy took a fucking dump that stunk up the entire fucking house. I opened every window.  It's like he shit a dead fucking weasel.

These guys were clowns though. They literally dropped a tree across two..TWO of my neighbor's cars.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2842 on: September 27, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »
Droppin' trees & droppin' deuces.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2843 on: September 27, 2019, 08:26:33 PM »
I started working with a residential remodeling company a couple weeks ago. For a couple of the jobs they have a Honey Bucket set up outside for us to use, others they don't. I haven't gotten around to asking why the discrepancy. I shuffle between jobs, and am at Home Depot or on another shopping errand at some point each day - which is where I tend to my business should the need arise. I am glad I am not one of the guys who are at the same house all day long. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2844 on: September 28, 2019, 03:41:03 AM »
So here's what bugged me today..

I had an electrician (and his simpleton helper) here today.

A short time after they got here, the helper asked if he could use my bathroom. I hate when a tradesman asks me this, BTW, but I reluctantly said sure.

A little while later as I was sitting on my couch and as he walked by to go to the basement, the helper then asked me if he "could get a draft of water." Wait...I'm being asked to pour the guy some fucking water?? I am literally paying hundreds of dollars for today's work, and you're asking me for water??

I have bottled water stacked up on the stairway to my basement, so when he sees that he says, "maybe another one for Richie..?".

Are you fucking kidding me? I felt like telling the guy to fuck off. There's no waters in the truck?

And come to find out, the guy took a shit in my bathroom, as the seat was down and it still stunk. WTf'nF??

If you can, fuck them off.  Seriously.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2845 on: October 03, 2019, 03:27:55 PM »
I walked over to a Carl's Jr. for lunch today.  At this particular location, there is a row or 5 or 6 tables that have a shared, plastic bench running from the table on one end to the table at the other end.  I was sitting at the opposite corner, looking in the direction of these tables.  Two girls/women (the one whose face I could see didn't appear to be more than 20 years old) were sitting at the table on the left end, accompanied by a toddler (probably around 2 years old).  At one point, the toddler stood on the shared bench and started running back and forth from one end to the other.  As toddlers do, she was stomping on the bench, causing it to reverberate throughout the place.  The two "adults" seemed oblivious to this, with the one facing toward me going back and forth between staring at her phone and talking to the other one.  Fortunately, this stopped before I reached my boiling point.  Seriously...what the FUCK?!  Aside from annoying everyone else in the place with the banging, people will, presumably, be sitting on that shared bench.  Sigh....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2846 on: October 03, 2019, 04:14:52 PM »
But... social media!   

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2847 on: October 04, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »
The word "hangry."

What is the point?  You're not saving letters.  It seems to be used by 40 year olds (mostly women), I guess in an effort to seem "young and hip," but it more often makes the user seem like a moron.

Why don't we do it with more words:  "I'm huppy!"  "The Dodgers are really groit!"
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2848 on: October 04, 2019, 12:56:38 PM »
The word "hangry."

What is the point?  You're not saving letters.  It seems to be used by 40 year olds (mostly women), I guess in an effort to seem "young and hip," but it more often makes the user seem like a moron.

Why don't we do it with more words:  "I'm huppy!"  "The Dodgers are really groit!"

Hangry = Hungry + Angry. Usually used when you're so hungry you're getting grumpy and irritated at simple things.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2849 on: October 04, 2019, 01:01:42 PM »
Arguing politics with lawyers
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2850 on: October 04, 2019, 01:47:27 PM »
Arguing politics with lawyers anyone

This.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2851 on: October 04, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »
The word "hangry."

I hate any of those kinds of slang words. 

I also hate when people are on my lawn. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2852 on: October 04, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »

???

>:(

:'(

:-*

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2853 on: October 04, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »
 :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2854 on: October 04, 2019, 03:06:07 PM »

???

>:(

:'(

:-*

#StillLuvYaPal (*punches in the shoulder)

P.S.  I should've put that comment in green.  A very LIGHT green.   :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2855 on: October 04, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »
Funny, my 8 year old has started using "hangry." I think mom suggested it, as my kid was not connecting the dots between being hungry causing her to get pissy.

I started working with a residential remodeling company a couple weeks ago. For a couple of the jobs they have a Honey Bucket set up outside for us to use, others they don't. I haven't gotten around to asking why the discrepancy. I shuffle between jobs, and am at Home Depot or on another shopping errand at some point each day - which is where I tend to my business should the need arise. I am glad I am not one of the guys who are at the same house all day long. 

Well it happened today. I was at a house all day that didn't have a Honey Bucket set up, and I have to drop a deuce. Fortunately the homeowners were out (the mom had just left  not 5 minutes earlier), and it wasn't a terribly bad one on my part. I felt a little bad about it, but I think my deposit was a reasonable one, and the owners didn't come back for a few hours.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2856 on: October 05, 2019, 08:10:14 AM »
Should we re-start the courtesy flush conversation?  :) :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2857 on: October 05, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »
Oh just mildly irritiating... when all meetings for planning a project that I have to travel for has groups saying they are ready and available to support once I arrive and then are no where to be found turning the project into a major stall as I sit and wait for them across the country.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2858 on: October 05, 2019, 06:15:42 PM »
Sounds similar to what my wife does, she will show up to train nurses and ends up waiting because no one shows up. In her case she just watches netflix while she waits for everyone to get their shit together.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2859 on: October 07, 2019, 11:32:29 AM »
This is as much irritation as it is bewilderment.

My son is a high school senior.  For multiple reasons, we withdrew him from the local school, and he's finishing high school online/home schooling.  Although the local school doesn't offer driver's ed as an actual class, he is able to take both driver's ed and the behind the wheel training through his home study school.  Not only does he get school credit for this, the school actually pays for both classes (the behind the wheel training apparently costs $450!), so that's really cool.

The irritating/odd part is that he got his learner's permit a couple weeks ago and had his first behind the wheel lesson last Thursday.  He did two hours and, after the lesson, his instructor told us that he needs to do 25-30 hours with mom or me before he can schedule his next 2-hour lesson.  And then ANOTHER 25-30 hours before scheduling the third 2-hour lesson, which they do right before he takes his test to get his license.

For me, the whole point of paying for behind the wheel lessons is so I don't have to try and teach him how to drive (something at which I think I will be very bad because, for starters, I'm not a very good passenger).  I get that it's good for him to have 50-60 hours behind the wheel before he gets his license, but still....

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2860 on: October 07, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
My entire team  (11 if you don't include me) is losing their jobs in 3 weeks. Due to no fault of their own. Well I guess all weekend residents here where we work have been harassing my guys and rubbing it in. Really? Come on people, have some fucking class.

I

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2861 on: October 07, 2019, 09:34:03 PM »
When your seat on a plane doesnt have a working fan. Nothing like sweating for 4 hours in a confined space.  On top of that I tweeted a pic of the scum next to my seat to United, did they give us the dirtiest and worst plane today? At least it flew fine

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #2862 on: October 08, 2019, 05:34:19 AM »

For some reason, several of the male employees at the convenience stores in my area always refer to me as "boss", which I find silly.

The next time one of them hands me my receipt and says "thanks, boss!...have a great day!", I think I'm going to reply with "you're welcome, employee!...by the way, you're fired!!"

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2863 on: October 08, 2019, 06:48:55 AM »
I work with a guy who calls me boss. I am definitely not his boss.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2864 on: October 08, 2019, 07:47:33 AM »

For some reason, several of the male employees at the convenience stores in my area always refer to me as "boss", which I find silly.

The next time one of them hands me my receipt and says "thanks, boss!...have a great day!", I think I'm going to reply with "you're welcome, employee!...by the way, you're fired!!"

I met up with Adami and Axeman last night at Flying Colors.  When I shook hands with Adami, I'm pretty sure I said "Hey boss! Good to see you!".    I know for a fact that when I backed up into the guy behind me, because the guy in front of me was being very liberal about filming the show, I said "sorry boss!" and I said it again when I cut the line at the men's room to put in my contact lens, which I promptly dropped somewhere (I walked up to a woman outside the bathroom line and said "Do I have a contact lens stuck to my face?" while she promptly looked around for security.  I did not call her "boss". ;)).

I know I use it a lot to mean "I don't know your name", or in Adami's case, "I'm not 100% sure how to pronounce your name".  :)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2865 on: October 08, 2019, 09:46:36 AM »
What I find mildly irritating: that apparently every day of the calendar is "national [blank] day" or "national [blank] awareness day." Everything just loses meaning and I stop caring after a while
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2866 on: October 08, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »
What I find mildly irritating: that apparently every day of the calendar is "national [blank] day" or "national [blank] awareness day." Everything just loses meaning and I stop caring after a while

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.  I've been thinking about this recently.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2867 on: October 08, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »

Yup, I stopped caring a long time ago about whatever today is in social media.  Just stop.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2868 on: October 08, 2019, 01:32:28 PM »

Yup, I stopped caring a long time ago about whatever today is in social media.  Just stop.

I feel the same.   

However, apparently National Hot Dog Day was a few weeks ago, and my company had hot dogs in the cafe that would put Costco's to shame. I can rally behind National Hot Dog Day.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2869 on: October 08, 2019, 01:36:53 PM »

but

However, apparently National Hot Dog Day was a few weeks ago, and my company had hot dogs in the cafe that would put Costco's to shame. I can rally behind National Hot Dog Day.

There are exceptions to every rule!!   :) :) :)