Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309407 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2660 on: August 29, 2019, 08:55:16 PM »
So I realize that I am not hip. I get it. But I'm not dead.

MSN is my homepage, so whenever I turn on my computer MSN pops up. Um yeah..redundant.

Anyway tonight, there's a headline...

JEANNIE MAY DATING JEEZY

I'm sorry WHO??

First of all, who are these fucking people, and secondly, who fucking cares? What the fuck is a Jeezy? Is he a fucking dwarf that missed the cut? Dopey Sneezy and fucking Jeezy?

And who the fuck is Jeannie May?

Dammit!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2661 on: August 29, 2019, 09:12:33 PM »
I so want to make fun of you but I don't know either. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2662 on: August 30, 2019, 04:24:21 AM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2663 on: August 30, 2019, 05:06:05 AM »
I so want to make fun of you but I don't know either. :lol

+1

Although, your first indication that you're not hip is that MSN is your homepage.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2664 on: August 30, 2019, 05:43:27 AM »
Yeah, the first thing you should do is change that. Just go to the Settings tab on whatever version of Netscape you are using. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2665 on: August 30, 2019, 05:49:14 AM »
And take that Netscape starter disk out of your computer as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2666 on: August 30, 2019, 05:55:00 AM »
Shit, he's probably still using floppies.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2667 on: August 30, 2019, 06:01:54 AM »

He is over 50 ....
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2668 on: August 30, 2019, 06:30:56 AM »
He's still using a rotary phone.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #2669 on: August 30, 2019, 06:55:12 AM »

He is over 50 ....

Goddamit, beat me to it... :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2670 on: August 30, 2019, 07:14:17 AM »
My wife loves those "celebrity shows", and it's a running joke between us:  "Sweetie, when do the celebrities come on?"   Fuck 'em, TAC.  I'm with you, buddy.   Who ARE these people? 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2671 on: August 30, 2019, 07:18:09 AM »
I generally hate reality shows.  I have enough reality in my life. I watch TV to get away from reality.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2672 on: August 30, 2019, 08:01:19 AM »
What the fuck is a Jeezy? Is he a fucking dwarf that missed the cut? Dopey Sneezy and fucking Jeezy?

The alternative-statured folk on this forum are offended.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2673 on: August 30, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
I hate to admit that I actually know who Jeannie Mai (not "May") is (or at least I know one thing she's done).  She's the "sideline reporter" for Holey Moley, an "extreme mini golf" show that's been running over the summer.

I'm happy to say that I too have no idea what a "Jeezy" is.  Perhaps Louise Jefferson's sister?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2674 on: August 30, 2019, 10:39:47 AM »
I still don't know who she is (which is surprising, because I like Rob Riggle and he's the host of Holey Moley) but I googled her...saw pictures, fair enough, cute woman, according to Wikipedia a successful career, but...

She 40! 

I don't mean that in a sexist way (though she does not look within 15 years of her age), but maybe in an age-ist way.  She's not that much younger than those of us here adjusting our velcro sneakers, yelling at the kids to get off our lawn, and wondering how these people merit a news-outlet headline.   

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2675 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:25 AM »
Never seen or heard of her or any show she's been on (other than the guest spot shows like The Today Show).

Also, she won 2 NAACP Image Awards, while apparently being of Vietnamese and Chinese heritage. So are those awards casting a wide net, or am I not understand what the NAACP is?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2676 on: August 30, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »
National Association of Asian Chinese People.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2677 on: August 30, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »
I'm mildly irritated that I have no idea what is going on in this thread or who these people are.

Ok - I have a new one.  E-signing documents.  I don't like it.  I don't want to do it.  Convince me why I'm wrong.

FTR, someone close to me had their identity stolen about a decade ago.  It was horrible.  I'm always suspicious about doing commerce on-line because of it. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2678 on: August 30, 2019, 12:16:45 PM »
Never seen or heard of her or any show she's been on (other than the guest spot shows like The Today Show).

Also, she won 2 NAACP Image Awards, while apparently being of Vietnamese and Chinese heritage. So are those awards casting a wide net, or am I not understand what the NAACP is?

Maybe she "identifies" as a "colored" person.

What the fuck is a Jeezy? Is he a fucking dwarf that missed the cut? Dopey Sneezy and fucking Jeezy?

The alternative-statured folk on this forum are offended.

I plan to "identify" as a dwarf next week.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2679 on: August 30, 2019, 01:02:48 PM »
I hate to admit that I actually know who Jeannie Mai (not "May") is (or at least I know one thing she's done).  She's the "sideline reporter" for Holey Moley, an "extreme mini golf" show that's been running over the summer.

I'm happy to say that I too have no idea what a "Jeezy" is.  Perhaps Louise Jefferson's sister?

Damn I watch Holey Moley and I didnt recognize the name. Lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2680 on: August 30, 2019, 01:20:45 PM »

Damn I watch Holey Moley and I didnt recognize the name. Lol

I didn't recognize it until I googled the name, discovered the misspelling, and saw a picture.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2681 on: August 30, 2019, 01:53:10 PM »
Ok - I have a new one.  E-signing documents.  I don't like it.  I don't want to do it.  Convince me why I'm wrong.

FTR, someone close to me had their identity stolen about a decade ago.  It was horrible.  I'm always suspicious about doing commerce on-line because of it. 

I had to do this a few times as part of my last job. They were all related to real estate transactions. I feel like I've done it in my personal life but cannot recall when that might have happened. Regardless, is this any less safe than any of the other hundreds of transactions and communications we execute online?

On an anecdotal note (this is all info from my wife so I am getting it third-hand), there is an issue when a teacher at my wife's school. She apparently signed and/or submitted the incorrect documents and it is causing a hang-up with school starting in 5 days. Who's fault was it? Don't know. Doesn't matter. The point is she needs to sign/submit new documents, but apparently "cannot do so because she is out of town." She isn't in as remote as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti. She has internet access and would be able to e-sign whatever it is in 5 minutes and the whole issue would be resolved. My point is there is value in e-signing. 

I understand identity theft is a big problem but I don't know if e-signing represents a big enough percentage of when it happens to warrant the concern. If anyone has analyzed this I would be curious to see.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2682 on: August 30, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
I'm mildly irritated that I have no idea what is going on in this thread or who these people are.

Well, Kingshmegland's name is Joe, and he likes feeding his rock star friends pancakes.
pg1067 is kind of new around here, but he's seems pretty cool.
Speaking of cool, Cool Chris is out in the PNW, and I'm in the ANE.
J-Boy is a hoser.
Stadler likes parenthesis and punctuation.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2683 on: August 30, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »

Well, Kingshmegland's name is Joe, and he likes feeding his rock star friends pancakes.
J-Boy is a hoser.

:lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2684 on: August 30, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
 :rollin and TAC doesnt return his shopping carts

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2685 on: August 30, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
:rollin and TAC doesnt return his shopping carts

Or know anything about pop culture over the last 35 years

National Association of Asian Chinese People.

Curious to know what other kind of Chinese People their are??

Because snail mail is slow and unreliable, and the internet is more ubiquitous than fax machines.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: August 30, 2019, 02:51:22 PM »
I'm with Harmony. Esigning can go pound sand.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2687 on: August 30, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

J-Boy is a hoser.

LoL - thanks.  I'm barely irritated now.   :lol

I had to do this a few times as part of my last job. They were all related to real estate transactions. I feel like I've done it in my personal life but cannot recall when that might have happened. Regardless, is this any less safe than any of the other hundreds of transactions and communications we execute online?

On an anecdotal note (this is all info from my wife so I am getting it third-hand), there is an issue when a teacher at my wife's school. She apparently signed and/or submitted the incorrect documents and it is causing a hang-up with school starting in 5 days. Who's fault was it? Don't know. Doesn't matter. The point is she needs to sign/submit new documents, but apparently "cannot do so because she is out of town." She isn't in as remote as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti. She has internet access and would be able to e-sign whatever it is in 5 minutes and the whole issue would be resolved. My point is there is value in e-signing. 

I understand identity theft is a big problem but I don't know if e-signing represents a big enough percentage of when it happens to warrant the concern. If anyone has analyzed this I would be curious to see.

Well you make a good point about what we're already doing and of course I purchase things on-line but 99% of the time I'm using Paypal or at least a credit card that offers me some protection against ID theft.  I'm definitely not giving anyone access to my bank account via debit card or direct pay.  But I love/hate that my medical information is on-line and I'd take a bullet before I'd post my social security number on any document or form.  I'm pretty careful.  My kids laugh at me about it all the time.  And I can take it; I've seen the downside and I'm not willing to go down that path if I can do anything to stop it.

It's also a great point about convenience.  I totally get that.  But at what cost is that convenience?  It isn't worth it to me, if my information is not kept secure.  And every day just about we hear about a giant company getting their customer's info hacked into.

I also know that reducing paperwork is better for the environment.  I'm still just not completely sold.  Yet.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2688 on: August 30, 2019, 04:14:04 PM »

Nearly 3,000 posts over nearly 2 years and I'm still "kind of new"?   :lol

I also like pancakes, punctuation and parentheses (and e-signing).

and "pg" are my initials!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2689 on: August 30, 2019, 04:33:03 PM »

Nearly 3,000 posts over nearly 2 years and I'm still "kind of new"?   :lol

I also like pancakes, punctuation and parentheses (and e-signing).

and "pg" are my initials!

But you had like 50 posts in the first year and 2500 this year! ;D

I know pg are your initials. And you were born in October 1967.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2690 on: August 30, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »
Well you make a good point about what we're already doing and of course I purchase things on-line but 99% of the time I'm using Paypal or at least a credit card that offers me some protection against ID theft.  I'm definitely not giving anyone access to my bank account via debit card or direct pay.  But I love/hate that my medical information is on-line and I'd take a bullet before I'd post my social security number on any document or form.  I'm pretty careful.  My kids laugh at me about it all the time.  And I can take it; I've seen the downside and I'm not willing to go down that path if I can do anything to stop it.

It's also a great point about convenience.  I totally get that.  But at what cost is that convenience?  It isn't worth it to me, if my information is not kept secure.  And every day just about we hear about a giant company getting their customer's info hacked into.

I also know that reducing paperwork is better for the environment.  I'm still just not completely sold.  Yet.

All solid points. I think we've just reached the point where we can't cross back over the Rubicon when it comes to online activity (banking, commerce, taxes, e-signatures, etc...)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2691 on: August 30, 2019, 05:02:46 PM »
Paul Gilbert?  :omg:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2692 on: August 30, 2019, 05:03:46 PM »
Only the good DTF'er get pancakes made for them when they crash in NH Tim.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2693 on: August 30, 2019, 05:08:28 PM »
:(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2694 on: August 30, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »
Come to N.H. bosk1.  Bacon, pancakes,  eggs, hashbrowns and toast await you.