Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309657 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2555 on: August 12, 2019, 06:57:51 AM »
You sound like Dr. P (my wife), I put my golf shoes on the dining room table and she about shit a brick!  :lol

She's right!  Dude, that's so gross.   :facepalm:  :lol

And then take into account that a good number of Salt Lake City golf courses are littered with seagull and goose shit, and it only takes it up a notch. :lol

That's right - she is trying to save your life!!  Think about that.   :laugh:

Unlike Tim, you two have made some excellent and logical deduction, however you're both wrong. The offending golf shoes were brand new and freshly out of their box. They were resting quietly, waiting for me to grab on our way out the back slider for our tee time that morning. Goose christened shoes are stored in their own bag (as is proper) in the garage closet.

No self respecting seagull would be seen in the vicinity of a goose. So Utah golf shoes only have goose shit on them, SD.  :P

I'd also like to point out that in our home the dining table isn't really intended for eating food at (except for maybe Thanksgiving and Solstice). It's a highly polished slab of travertine on a pedestal, so it weighs as much as a pickup truck. It hasn't moved in 13 years but has never failed in taking an opportunity to be in the way. In spite of it having bruised both of my hips and nearly all my limbs over the years I am the only one who ever gives a thought to cleaning and treating the damned thing. So that's what I'm mildly irritated with, I suppose; if I'm the only one whoever cleans and polishes the dinning table I aught to be the one who gets to throw a fit when people put anything on it!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2556 on: August 12, 2019, 06:58:55 AM »
I am the only one who ever gives a thought to cleaning and treating the damned thing. So that's what I'm mildly irritated with, I suppose; if I'm the only one whoever cleans and polishes the dinning table I aught to be the one who gets to throw a fit when people put anything on it!
TESTIFY, brutha!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #2557 on: August 12, 2019, 07:21:16 AM »
Both very good points as well, Podaar. Straight from the box is very different, and are about as clean as you can get. And if that table is hardly used other than as a storage rack, plus the added bonus of you bring the only one to take the time to periodically clean it, it’s absolutely your call.

As far as the seagull shit goes, I pretty well just meant with passing flyovers. Goose droppings are definitely more noticeable and common, though, I grant you that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2558 on: August 12, 2019, 07:24:09 AM »
I got yelled at for clothes not getting to the hamper this weekend.  I pointed out that those were the Queens.  Got a little quiet after that. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2559 on: August 12, 2019, 08:57:44 AM »
The offending golf shoes were brand new and freshly out of their box.
[/quot

Ah, well.  That would've been good info to convey at the start.  A completely different complaint then from my first "mildly" irritated observation that worn shoes should stay off the f-ing kitchen counter!

Also along those same lines - please don't use the dish sponge to wipe up something off the floor.  That's what paper towels are for.  If the people who live in my house do not cease and desist, I'm never cooking for them again.  Then they'll be sorry.   :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2560 on: August 12, 2019, 09:20:44 AM »
I got yelled at for clothes not getting to the hamper this weekend.  I pointed out that those were the Queens.  Got a little quiet after that. :lol

:lol :lol

The offending golf shoes were brand new and freshly out of their box.

Ah, well.  That would've been good info to convey at the start.  A completely different complaint then from my first "mildly" irritated observation that worn shoes should stay off the f-ing kitchen counter!

Also along those same lines - please don't use the dish sponge to wipe up something off the floor.  That's what paper towels are for.  If the people who live in my house do not cease and desist, I'm never cooking for them again.  Then they'll be sorry.   :lol

I don't think I'd use the word please if this happened at my home.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2561 on: August 12, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »

A massive pet peeve of mrs.jingle's
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2562 on: August 12, 2019, 09:54:21 AM »

I don't think I'd use the word please if this happened at my home.  :lol

IIRC "please" was not a part of my actual rant.   :censored  I was trying to keep it in the "mildly" zone.   :laugh:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2563 on: August 12, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »

Unlike Tim......you're both wrong. 

Say it again! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2564 on: August 12, 2019, 08:43:08 PM »
Canned food manufacturers who don't make their cans stackable.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2565 on: August 12, 2019, 08:50:59 PM »
Canned food manufacturers who don't make their cans stackable.

Totally.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2566 on: August 12, 2019, 10:05:03 PM »
Agree 100%

I find it so annoying at work when I’m stocking something and the cans don’t interlock. I hate it more when the cans don’t interlock and customers dig through to the back to get what they think is better dated product and knock over all the cans in the process.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2567 on: August 13, 2019, 10:10:41 AM »
Agree 100%

I find it so annoying at work when I’m stocking something and the cans don’t interlock. I hate it more when the cans don’t interlock and customers dig through to the back to get what they think is better dated product and knock over all the cans in the process.

It's worse with yogurts.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2568 on: August 15, 2019, 04:24:57 PM »
When someone at work emails me telling me to call them. What kind of sense does that make?  If you want to talk to me, then call me yourself. 

Today I got particularly irritated and waited until I knew they wouldn't be there, then left a voicemail saying that I got their email, to give me a call if they were still around, and asking them to please let me know if something was wrong with my phone when they tried to call me earlier.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2569 on: August 15, 2019, 05:19:21 PM »
When someone at work emails me telling me to call them. What kind of sense does that make?  If you want to talk to me, then call me yourself. 

Today I got particularly irritated and waited until I knew they wouldn't be there, then left a voicemail saying that I got their email, to give me a call if they were still around, and asking them to please let me know if something was wrong with my phone when they tried to call me earlier.

Similar, there's a vendor who really only likes to communicate through the phone, which I mostly hate for the basic things I need to tell this guy.  I email him, he calls right after.  I don't answer anymore.  He's also the type of person who won't stop talking once you get him on the phone.  The one sentence email is more than enough to make the point.  Please spare me the 20 minute discussion.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2570 on: August 16, 2019, 09:53:11 AM »
My boss is like that.

In an email or text: "Call Me."

I call him, and he doesn't answer, or he answers and says "Let me call you right back", and I don't hear from him for 2 hours :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2571 on: August 16, 2019, 02:41:54 PM »
 :lol  I guess if it's your boss you have to call him.  But it's totally weird.  Like, if you want the person to call you but not at that time... maybe set up meeting for later?

And cram - I get that too.  There are times when it's just easier to go over stuff on a phone call, and I don't mind talking to someone at all during those times.  But let's keep the idle chitchat down to a few minutes.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2572 on: August 16, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »

Similar, there's a vendor who really only likes to communicate through the phone, which I mostly hate for the basic things I need to tell this guy.  I email him, he calls right after.  I don't answer anymore.  He's also the type of person who won't stop talking once you get him on the phone.  The one sentence email is more than enough to make the point.  Please spare me the 20 minute discussion.

:lol this reminds me of this older guy at my work. He is close to retirement, works from home and is essentially an Excel god. The amount of time he save's various lines of businesses is insane.

Anyway, I've been learning from him because I feel he has a really valuable skill set that should be passed down, our 1 hours meetings are always 2+ hours, he loves to talk. I think he misses the social aspect of being at work.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2573 on: August 16, 2019, 08:05:31 PM »

:lol this reminds me of this older guy at my work. He is close to retirement, works from home and is essentially an Excel god. The amount of time he save's various lines of businesses is insane.

Anyway, I've been learning from him because I feel he has a really valuable skill set that should be passed down, our 1 hours meetings are always 2+ hours, he loves to talk. I think he misses the social aspect of being at work.

That's a bit different, an old man talking and sharing his wisdom can be very valuable even if it's at times a drag.  A rambling man from Houston who has nothing worthy of sharing with me nor is he crucial to my job in any way is a waste of time my time.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2574 on: August 17, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »
Do you guys have friends, co-workers, family members who are total stress cases?  I got together with a friend yesterday who is going through some family drama (this is nothing new).  The split second after we hug hello, she launches into a screed of anxiety-fueled blow-by-blows of her last 2 weeks and I sitting there trying to be supportive but her level of anxiety makes me have a mini-panic attack.  I found myself tuning her out and doing some deep breathing just to keep from running away.  I never thought about how anxiety can be contagious.  I didn't like it.   :chill

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2575 on: August 17, 2019, 11:25:27 AM »
So basically she just emotionally vomtted all over you.  I'll bet she felt better, meanwhile you have vomit all over you.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2576 on: August 17, 2019, 06:59:33 PM »
I do, or rather did, I spent some time over the past few years culling those people out of my life. If our interactions are constantly you telling me what's wrong in your life, well I'm not interested in being a part of your life

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2577 on: August 18, 2019, 05:20:41 AM »
I do, or rather did, I spent some time over the past few years culling those people out of my life. If our interactions are constantly you telling me what's wrong in your life, well I'm not interested in being a part of your life

Right... it's like being treated as an unpaid therapist.  I have neither the training, skills, or inclination to be that for anyone.  If I did, I'd be charging you $180/hour.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2578 on: August 18, 2019, 05:39:14 AM »
Watching the little league World Series, it irritates me that the us is guaranteed a spot in the championship game.  Have a blind draw for the matchups. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2579 on: August 18, 2019, 06:50:47 AM »
Do you guys have friends, co-workers, family members who are total stress cases?  I got together with a friend yesterday who is going through some family drama (this is nothing new).  The split second after we hug hello, she launches into a screed of anxiety-fueled blow-by-blows of her last 2 weeks and I sitting there trying to be supportive but her level of anxiety makes me have a mini-panic attack.  I found myself tuning her out and doing some deep breathing just to keep from running away.  I never thought about how anxiety can be contagious.  I didn't like it.   :chill

This should calm you down, Harmony.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2580 on: August 18, 2019, 08:17:27 AM »
 :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2581 on: August 18, 2019, 08:36:46 AM »
So basically she just emotionally vomtted all over you.  I'll bet she felt better, meanwhile you have vomit all over you.

Yes!  LoL...I wondered what that smell was.   :laugh:

This should calm you down, Harmony.

Oh yeah, I have an easy solution for anyone who does that in my house.

Don't think I'm kidding!   :P

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2582 on: August 19, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
'viral' videos of small children doing what EVERY small child does. Like, laughing at the same, dumb things over and over or laughing at their parent(s) doing something to them etc etc.

Listen, I'm not saying it's not cute and adorable.....BUT.....your kid is not unique in this type of thing. Literally every child does it. Filming these moments are awesome for posterity but they don't need to be plastered all over the internet in an attempt to go viral. Your little cute kid laughing at you being an idiot or whatever is not that special...

....now get off my lawn....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2583 on: August 19, 2019, 01:02:26 PM »
That reminds me, and maybe this isn't irritating to me, but just odd.  My little nieces apparently really enjoy watching videos of kids opening gifts.  Now, these are 1/2 year old girls, but something about that they love watching and get all excited for.  But it made me think?  How did this become a thing, like who started recording videos of opening gifts and becoming viral?  My brother loves watching videos of people eating food.  How did that become a thing?  I guess its similar to people watching video games, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is an audience for pretty much anything today.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2584 on: August 19, 2019, 01:07:20 PM »
That reminds me, and maybe this isn't irritating to me, but just odd.  My little nieces apparently really enjoy watching videos of kids opening gifts.  Now, these are 1/2 year old girls, but something about that they love watching and get all excited for.  But it made me think?  How did this become a thing, like who started recording videos of opening gifts and becoming viral?  My brother loves watching videos of people eating food.  How did that become a thing?  I guess its similar to people watching video games, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is an audience for pretty much anything today.

There is. Anything. My boys watch a ton of stuff that I can't understand how it's entertaining but when they earn screen time they'll use it up watching the oddest crap.  :lol   We monitor it to make sure it's age appropriate which it is but its silly stuff. A lot of watching people play video games (instead of just playing that exact game that they have??).....some user name pew de pie or something like that? I don't know....but my oldest two want to be 'youtubers' when they 'grow up' and have even made a few videos of them doing silly stuff. It's a whole different ballgame that I find hard to keep up with.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2585 on: August 19, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
I don't know....but my oldest two want to be 'youtubers' when they 'grow up' and have even made a few videos of them doing silly stuff. It's a whole different ballgame that I find hard to keep up with.

My grandson is into this as well.  ???

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2586 on: August 19, 2019, 01:22:42 PM »

I forgot the name but there are people that record themselves making noises that are supposed to be pleasing and relaxing. Stevie T did a video some time ago reviewing these types of videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KflTNQEcxlQ
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2587 on: August 19, 2019, 01:25:34 PM »
I enjoy ASMR vids when I'm super high
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2588 on: August 19, 2019, 01:33:42 PM »
Ugh.  You guys are describing my life.   My 11-year-old step son will move heaven and earth to get "tablet time" and it's spent basically bad quality versions of stuff that ultimately gets on America's Funniest Home Videos or Ridiculousness.   

He wants to be a "Youtuber" as well - his dream is a Mustang and when Mom said the one he wants is expensive, he said "good thing Youtubers make a ton of money" - and I asked him "what's your content going to be?" and I just got a blank look. "I don't know."   I now know how my dad felt when I was listening to Kiss and said "I wanna be a rock star!"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2589 on: August 19, 2019, 01:40:02 PM »
It's funny seeing these young kids wanting to be youtubers.  THere isn't money out there for that.  The youtube money train left 5 years ago.  It'll be interesting if you can even create any content on it in 10 years with the way they are becoming more restrictive and less lucrative.  In fact, if you were to be able to make a living doing youtube, you should be concerned already for your future money because for one, google can do what they want with their youtube platform.  Meaning you could be out of a job for no good reason.  Also, if you need to enter the real work force from being a social media star, you will be entering with no skills to be hirable at all.  In fact, I think it's a legit issue for social media influencers who are finding themselves unable to afford their lifestyle and unable to turn their life style into a real career as posing for pictures or doing video reviews doesnt really prepare you for a job in the real world.