Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309558 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2485 on: July 23, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
Unrelated to the topic at hand, just generally sorry to hear you had to go through something like that.   

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2486 on: July 23, 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
I brought it up just to show how common it is. People do stupid shit and get off with just a slap on the wrist.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2487 on: July 23, 2019, 03:43:29 PM »
Hackers. Some doucher in Scottsdale, Arizona somehow got my debit card number and spent $211. First time in 6 or 7 years I've had someone fraudulently use my card to purchase stuff. Thankfully my bank now makes their own cards so I will have a new one as early as lunch tomorrow, but still, fuck you, Scottsdale dude!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2488 on: July 23, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »
Had that happen a few months ago. Funny enough when when I travel and use my chase card it'll get declined usually on the first purchase to prevent fraud but the dude who spent $30 in a Taco Bell at detroit did not set any fraud alerts off.

I have all my credit/debit cards send a text whenever a charge goes through so I'm pretty good at catching fraudulent charges.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2489 on: July 24, 2019, 09:26:01 AM »
We use out Paypal Debit cards for a lot of our purchases. PP is great. Flat 1% cash back on anything ran as credit, but more importantly, you get an email receipt IMMEDIATELY after every purchase. Like, you can go through the McDonalds drive thru, pay with PP card at 1st window, and by the time you have your food in your hand, your phone is going off with an email alert telling you where, when, and how much was spent. We have had 1 single issue with a fraudulent charge with the card, and PP reversed it almost immediately with out much hassle.

It works for us because most of my GF's income comes through PP, as well as the income from my side gig.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2490 on: July 24, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »
I had no idea PayPal even had cards. That's cool.

Just got my new card so all is well. Guess who gets to spend an hour this evening changing all his accounts' info (Amazon, eBay, PayPal etc.)? THIS GUY!  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2491 on: July 24, 2019, 06:56:35 PM »
I had no idea PayPal even had cards. That's cool.

Just got my new card so all is well. Guess who gets to spend an hour this evening changing all his accounts' info (Amazon, eBay, PayPal etc.)? THIS GUY!  :lol

I'll have to do the same. I somehow misplaced mine, and of course when I called and cancelled, it reappears. I hate when that happens.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2492 on: July 25, 2019, 06:23:15 AM »
Hospitals can be so dangerous.

So this morning at work I am faxed down an order sheet from the OR, and I put in the orders. Turns out the OR put the wrong name on the order sheet and those orders were not meant for that patient. :facepalm:  The patient got two wrong meds before the mistake was caught. Thank god it was just Tylenol and Advil, but there were other nastier orders on that sheet, so its a damn good thing it was caught in time.

I've said to my management soooo many times, "why are we still using paper orders in 2019?"

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2493 on: July 25, 2019, 09:18:00 AM »
Hospitals can be so dangerous.

So this morning at work I am faxed down an order sheet from the OR, and I put in the orders. Turns out the OR put the wrong name on the order sheet and those orders were not meant for that patient. :facepalm:  The patient got two wrong meds before the mistake was caught. Thank god it was just Tylenol and Advil, but there were other nastier orders on that sheet, so its a damn good thing it was caught in time.

I've said to my management soooo many times, "why are we still using paper orders in 2019?"

That has nothing to do with the paper, and more to do with the OR whom should've made sure they have everything right on the order. Even if you didn't use paper orders, they could've still typed the wrong name in.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2494 on: July 25, 2019, 09:20:14 AM »
When people take your criticism of a band or band members personally as if you insulted them. :/

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2495 on: July 25, 2019, 10:20:04 AM »
When people take your criticism of a band or band members personally as if you insulted them. :/

Glad you feel that way.  :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2496 on: July 25, 2019, 03:43:46 PM »

I feel like I'm missing the joke here. I was actually referring to a power metal group I'm in on Facebook.  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2497 on: July 25, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »

I feel like I'm missing the joke here. I was actually referring to a power metal group I'm in on Facebook.  :lol

Not really.  I, for one, appreciate the way you take my ribbing on your album thread in stride, which I intend completely in good nature.  I made the comment in this thread, however, because I was intending to post that Spinal Tap comment about the Rhapsody album in the other thread.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2498 on: July 25, 2019, 04:03:47 PM »

Not really.  I, for one, appreciate the way you take my ribbing on your album thread in stride, which I intend completely in good nature.  I made the comment in this thread, however, because I was intending to post that Spinal Tap comment about the Rhapsody album in the other thread.

Oh! I thought that comment was hilarious because it's so true  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2499 on: July 28, 2019, 03:38:02 PM »
When you text somebody and they completely ignore your text for hours. But then they want to text something to you, so they quickly text a half assed response to the original text before saying what they want to say.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2500 on: July 29, 2019, 06:58:27 AM »
When you text somebody and they completely ignore your text for hours. But then they want to text something to you, so they quickly text a half assed response to the original text before saying what they want to say.

How do you know they ignored it?  Maybe they didn't see it right away (not everyone is glued to their phone 24/7) or were too busy to reply.

My two brothers and I have a running group text, and my younger brother is weird in that he will actually text back if he is too busy at work to tell us he doesn't have time to text, while my older brother and I both simply do not reply (if we even see it) until we have time.  And more often that not, if I am swamped at work, I am not even paying attention to my cell phone.  Anyone who knows me that if they text me, they might get a reply right away or they might not for hours, during work hours or non-work hours.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2501 on: July 29, 2019, 07:35:21 AM »

How do you know they ignored it?  Maybe they didn't see it right away (not everyone is glued to their phone 24/7) or were too busy to reply.

My two brothers and I have a running group text, and my younger brother is weird in that he will actually text back if he is too busy at work to tell us he doesn't have time to text, while my older brother and I both simply do not reply (if we even see it) until we have time.  And more often that not, if I am swamped at work, I am not even paying attention to my cell phone.  Anyone who knows me that if they text me, they might get a reply right away or they might not for hours, during work hours or non-work hours.

I know because it was over 24 hours for them to respond, and its from someone that is glued to their phone.

A couple hours, sure what ever, no big deal. But if I text someone at 9am monday and then they text me back at 8pm tuesday night with some one word nothing of a response text, just so they can get on to what they want to say, then its annoying. Especially when the only reason they are even texting me back is because they want something, in this case wanting me to work for them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:41:01 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2502 on: July 29, 2019, 07:48:19 AM »

I know because it was over 24 hours for them to respond, and its from someone that is glued to their phone.

A couple hours, sure what ever, no big deal. But if I text someone at 9am monday and then they text me back at 8pm tuesday night with some one word nothing of a response text, just so they can get on to what they want to say, then its annoying. Especially when the only reason they are even texting me back is because they want something, in this case wanting me to work for them.

Gotcha.  When you said "hours," I assumed like 2-4 hours, which is no big deal, but 24 hours is a while, yes.  And given the nature of their response, I can understand the frustration. People suck sometimes.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2503 on: July 29, 2019, 11:26:19 AM »
If there's one thing that all of DTF agrees on, it's that people are the worst.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2504 on: July 29, 2019, 11:28:53 AM »

I hate people

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2505 on: July 30, 2019, 04:58:11 AM »

I hate people

Amen to that  :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2506 on: August 08, 2019, 06:13:43 PM »
OMFG why do people put shoes on the kitchen counter!!!!!    >:( >:( >:(
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2507 on: August 08, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
You sound like Dr. P (my wife), I put my golf shoes on the dining room table and she about shit a brick!  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2508 on: August 08, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »
My sneakers on the bed comforter and the Queen goes full GNY. SRG. Hart on me.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2509 on: August 08, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »
My sneakers on the bed comforter and the Queen goes full GNY. SRG. Hart on me.

:rollin

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2510 on: August 08, 2019, 07:04:34 PM »
GNY? SNG?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2511 on: August 08, 2019, 07:07:23 PM »
Google is your friend Tim. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2512 on: August 08, 2019, 07:08:43 PM »
But it might be something bad and I don't want anything bad on my google.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2513 on: August 08, 2019, 07:10:09 PM »
Greater New York Mutual Insurance Co???

SRG Partnership Inc??

Those were literally the first search results I saw.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2514 on: August 08, 2019, 07:13:06 PM »

You fucking virgin.  It's a movie character.   

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2515 on: August 08, 2019, 07:51:01 PM »

You fucking virgin.  It's a movie character.

:rollin :rollin

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: August 08, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »

I put something bad on your wife's Google just the other night. Hey-o!

I think I just decoded what King posted. GSgt Hartman. I feel like Oedipus solving the riddle of the sphinx.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2517 on: August 08, 2019, 07:53:46 PM »

I put something bad on your wife's Google just the other night. Hey-o!

:facepalm:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2518 on: August 08, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »
 :lol

Chris, it's scary when she yells. Lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2519 on: August 08, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »
yeah, she goes all GNY SNG.

#dididothatrite?