Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 309926 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2170 on: June 02, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »
So online, I see all these pictures of people that take their picture with their phone pointed at a mirror. WTF? Who does this? It's not like you can't see the phone.

Wait. I though you weren't on social media? What sites are you going onto you old perv? Lol

My favorite one is @Kingshmegland :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2171 on: June 02, 2019, 03:18:15 PM »
When you go to a BBQ place and all the side dishes are better then the meat  :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2172 on: June 02, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
So online, I see all these pictures of people that take their picture with their phone pointed at a mirror. WTF? Who does this? It's not like you can't see the phone.

Wait. I though you weren't on social media? What sites are you going onto you old perv? Lol

My favorite one is @Kingshmegland :lol

:rollin

I wish! I would troll the hell out of you.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2173 on: June 02, 2019, 05:27:44 PM »

That's a very common theme here in NC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2174 on: June 03, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »

I don't think I could imagine a more emasculating statement/situation.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2175 on: June 03, 2019, 08:52:43 AM »

I'm totally with you on this one.  To me, it's a special sort of idiot that can't figure out how to take a sensible selfie, since my 11 year old can do it.

(By the way, we were watching "America's Next Top Model" - well, my wife was, and I was taking one for the team - and Tyra Banks actually did a short tutorial for the girls on how to do it right.  I taped it and made my two daughters watch it.  Haha.)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2176 on: June 03, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »
Yesterday at Jersey Mike's I'm waiting to get a sub. This woman who was ahead of me was asking her daughter who is around 5 or 6 what sub does she want; her daughter clearly doesn't know and is overwhelmed. The mom starts getting upset and starts asking her "Ok what meat do you want? Ham, chicken, salami?" The daughter responds with "I don't know, cubed meat" The argue back and forth for about 5 minutes before she realizes her daughter wants the chicken philly sub.

What really put me over the edge is the mom eventually started saying "What do you want?!?! I can't make a choice for you" WTF?!?!? she is your daughter, order the fucking sandwich and go. It took me back to my co-worker who has two kids, 4 & 1, and always complains that they only place they can go to is Olive Garden because their kids are so obnoxious. Apparently he allows the kids to just keep ordering shit off the menu, or ordering stuff that isn't even on the menu like Hot Dogs. I asked him why he does this and he says "we want our kids to have a choice in what they eat".

I guess I'm finally turning the corner and becoming an old man because my parents either never took me out or said "You can have A or B or nothing at all".

See, I think that the IDEA is sound, but the EXECUTION blows.  We have this problem with my 11 year old.  The fact is, they CAN'T have "free choice", because it would be pizza, hamburgers and ice cream all day every day if they did.  We have no problem narrowing down to a choice of one or two.

And not for nothing, but there is life- benefit to NOT having a choice.  When you get into a business meeting and there are just turkey sandwiches there, or you're traveling and all that's available at that moment is... whatever, tuna sandwiches, you have to figure out how to survive.   It's STUNNING to me how many kids have never been faced with the "problem" of eating what's in front of you, whether it's your first choice or not.    For various reasons (not all of them bad or negative) my 11 year old is like that.   He likes his tacos with meat and cheese (same with his burgers).   When I first came on the scene if a burger came with lettuce and tomato (yes, lettuce and tomato, i.e. not something that is hard to remove) it was like a catastrophe.  This weekend his tacos came with sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce.   And cutting the conversation short, in so many words, I said "look bud, this isn't about "perfect tacos" and "these tacos".  It's about "these tacos" and "NO tacos".  So is a little lettuce and a little sour cream worth NO tacos at all?" 

He ate them.  No one died, or puked, or had any other notable medical condition. 

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2177 on: June 03, 2019, 09:01:03 AM »
When I post in the Flying Colors thread to Stadler that I'll be at the same show as him and he doesn't even reply.  :'(
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2178 on: June 03, 2019, 09:37:50 AM »
When I post in the Flying Colors thread to Stadler that I'll be at the same show as him and he doesn't even reply.  :'(

I was planning my wardrobe!  :)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2179 on: June 03, 2019, 10:19:55 AM »
Kids who are goddamn particular about what they eat

God this is my daughter.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2180 on: June 03, 2019, 10:39:45 AM »
Videos that autoplay when I go to read an article online

Offline Adami

« Reply #2181 on: June 03, 2019, 10:55:00 AM »

Crossing my fingers for birthday suit.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2182 on: June 03, 2019, 11:00:29 AM »

Crossing my fingers for birthday suit.

TOTALLY depends on the weather.  It is after Labor Day, after all. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2183 on: June 03, 2019, 11:15:46 AM »
Videos that autoplay when I go to read an article online

Especially when on Mobile. It's gotten to the point where I have stopped going to certain sites due to this.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2184 on: June 03, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
Kids who are goddamn particular about what they eat

God this is my daughter.

As someone who was particular about what they ate as a child, I say leave those poor children alone. :P 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2185 on: June 04, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
I didn't slave over a hot stove just so's you can move crap around your plate with your fork.  Now eat!

Subject change: POISON IVY.  Used to get it BAD as a kid (I've been to the emergency room for it), but haven't had it in a while. For some reason, some how, I got it on my forearms and it's annoying the crap out of me.   Grrrrr.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2186 on: June 04, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »
I've never had poison ivy / oak, but I am allergic to Morning Glory and break out into hives when I come into contact with it. I also have had it growing in every freaking yard in every home I've lived in since I was 12.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2187 on: June 04, 2019, 01:22:33 PM »
Poison Ivy sucks.  I only got it once when I was younger and it quickly was all over my body including places you'd really hope it didn't get to, but yea.  That sucked.  I actually took a piss off the side of a some random road near the NY/CT border a couple weeks ago and thought I might have stepped into some poison ivy so I washed my legs and arms using my water bottle when I got into my car.  Just to ease my mind a bit because if I had gotten some it would have ruined my weekend for sure.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2188 on: June 04, 2019, 01:25:44 PM »
Subject change: POISON IVY.  Used to get it BAD as a kid (I've been to the emergency room for it), but haven't had it in a while. For some reason, some how, I got it on my forearms and it's annoying the crap out of me.   Grrrrr.

What the HELL are you complaining about!?!?

fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2189 on: June 05, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
People actively discussing their children/family life (but it's usually children) at work. No, I don't want to listen to how your son got an A+ in the Math class in which he usually sucks, and no, I don't want to listen to how your daughter was sick for four days. It's not a passing sentence or two either, which I would've been fine with, they talk about it for 30+ minutes in the morning, loudly enough for anyone in the vicinity to hear.

I guess I should be thankful we can use headphones and listen to music at work, but this is still mildly irritating when you're in the middle of a call and this is your background noise.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2190 on: June 05, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
I don't go into the office much, but there's a guy there that is like that.    The woman next to me and I even have a code to call each other if the guy comes by becuase he will drone on and on and on about his personal life.   

Oddly? He has a degree in psychology from an Ivy League school, but is functionally oblivious (or maybe he's not!)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2191 on: June 05, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »
Man. My last job, which I recently left, was a nightmare as far as having to listen to coworkers talk. Riding around in a van all day with various people you really don't give a s&*% about, you just want to get the work done, and you hear about their kids and wives and personal lives and oh god. One guy would just do nothing but complain about women all day, but he had 3 moms for his 4 kids and was fooling around with 2 other girls at the same time. I wanted to give myself a root canal. I like my new (old) coworkers who just say a couple things and move on with their work.

I learned a lot about the gay sex community from one of them, which was completely unsolicited. I'm not homophobic in any way but uhhh I don't even like hearing about my best friends talk about sex.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2192 on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »
I didn't slave over a hot stove just so's you can move crap around your plate with your fork.  Now eat!

I don't wanna!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2193 on: June 05, 2019, 11:57:59 AM »
Man. My last job, which I recently left, was a nightmare as far as having to listen to coworkers talk. Riding around in a van all day with various people you really don't give a s&*% about, you just want to get the work done, and you hear about their kids and wives and personal lives and oh god.

I learned a lot about the gay sex community from one of them, which was completely unsolicited. I'm not homophobic in any way but uhhh I don't even like hearing about my best friends talk about sex.

I worked for 10 years in the office of a luxury cruise line, and let me tell you, at least in my department I was in the stark minority being a straight male. I am not particularly chatty at work (or in general) but all the women and gay men in my department were to the nth degree. Through no intention of my own I knew more about their lives than my family and closest friends.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2194 on: June 05, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
I guess it all depends, but I don't mind some small talk and getting to know the people you work with and spend most of your time with... but there's a line of not only too much information but also tlaking too much.  My coworker and I get along very well but there are times I'm working and he just won't shut the fuck up.  I just keep working and stop responding.  He never gets the hint but at least I get my work done and he keeps talking.

I had one job with one super talkative person who was just sooooo uninteresting too.  That made things really worse being stuck wth him for hours.  Thank God I got out of that sooner than later.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2195 on: June 06, 2019, 06:36:55 AM »
He never gets the hint ...

And that's really the crux, isn't it?   I have a feast or famine type job, and while I'll talk to anybody, if I'm on the phone or clearly working on something, that's a different story.   (No, I don't expect anyone to read minds; the guy I mentioned, you can tell him "Big deliverable in an hour!" and he'll still launch into his dating story.)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2196 on: June 06, 2019, 06:46:51 AM »
We switched to an open office floor plan in a new building on Monday. The woman at the desk next to me is eating a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with a knife and fork.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2197 on: June 06, 2019, 07:12:02 AM »
I would slap those utensils out of her hand and tell her to eat it right, or don't eat it at all.

Does it smell good, though?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2198 on: June 06, 2019, 07:46:54 AM »
We switched to an open office floor plan in a new building on Monday. The woman at the desk next to me is eating a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with a knife and fork.

But how does she eat a Snickers?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2199 on: June 06, 2019, 08:05:56 AM »
I would slap those utensils out of her hand and tell her to eat it right, or don't eat it at all.

Does it smell good, though?

Of course it did, though it was hard to smell over my freshly french pressed coffee.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2200 on: June 06, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »

But how does she eat a Snickers?

Whole

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2201 on: June 06, 2019, 08:33:44 AM »

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2202 on: June 06, 2019, 08:44:07 AM »
Pisses me off when people actually ask me what might be bothering me, and then after I've taken the time to explain it, they criticize me for being bothered by it.

Why even ask and feign interest in the first place?
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #2203 on: June 06, 2019, 12:52:51 PM »
When people pee on the toilet seat and don’t clean it up when they’re done.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2204 on: June 06, 2019, 12:54:56 PM »
When people pee on the toilet seat and don’t clean it up when they’re done.

It's amazing how bad bathroom etiquette is even in the work environment