Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304928 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1785 on: January 03, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »
People that..........

Nevermind, scratch that.

Pachelbel’s Canon in D. UGH!

It sucks balls. Objectively.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1786 on: January 06, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »
When I go to buy a $4 dollar item on ebay and they ask if I want to buy protection plan for 3 dollars...

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1787 on: January 06, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
The show 'Adam Ruins Everything'    I'm all about learning that things we may have thought true or have been taught are in fact wrong or different than the 'reality' they actually bear......but that Host is extremely annoying. And, I get that's what he's "supposed" to be....but....his 'character' on that show personifies the mental vision I have of a certain sect/group of the millennial's out there who bend over backwards to blame their struggles or lack of drive and ambition on everyone and everything else except themselves....and their quickness to try and steal joy or happiness from everyone around them because they have none.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1788 on: January 06, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »
Never heard of that show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1789 on: January 06, 2019, 01:29:04 PM »

I envy you.  :lol     I/we havene’t watched a full episode in quite some time....I can’t recall which channel it’s on. I think it might be Tru TV.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1790 on: January 06, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
The show 'Adam Ruins Everything'    I'm all about learning that things we may have thought true or have been taught are in fact wrong or different than the 'reality' they actually bear......but that Host is extremely annoying. And, I get that's what he's "supposed" to be....but....his 'character' on that show personifies the mental vision I have of a certain sect/group of the millennial's out there who bend over backwards to blame their struggles or lack of drive and ambition on everyone and everything else except themselves....and their quickness to try and steal joy or happiness from everyone around them because they have none.

I lived this with our house guests who did exactly this and now I see the crazy posts on Facebook about how it's everyone else's fault.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1791 on: January 06, 2019, 03:10:57 PM »

I envy you.  :lol     I/we haven't watched a full episode in quite some time....I can’t recall which channel it’s on. I think it might be Tru TV.

Never heard of Tru TV either! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1792 on: January 06, 2019, 03:34:11 PM »

I envy you.  :lol     I/we haven't watched a full episode in quite some time....I can’t recall which channel it’s on. I think it might be Tru TV.

Never heard of Tru TV either! :lol

It's on Comcast. I never watch it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1793 on: January 06, 2019, 03:45:09 PM »
I don't have Comcast. I have Xfinity.

;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1794 on: January 06, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »
So channel 902 foooooollll?! Lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1795 on: January 07, 2019, 08:41:52 AM »
I was just telling my GF the other night that I can't stand that host and yet I don't mind watching the show though to get some history lessons in. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1796 on: January 07, 2019, 08:45:48 AM »
I was just telling my GF the other night that I can't stand that host and yet I don't mind watching the show though to get some history lessons in.

that was our initial draw to the show. But that host/character he's playing is simply unbearable to me now. It's over the top annoying and renders the content useless in my eyes.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1797 on: January 07, 2019, 08:53:36 AM »

that was our initial draw to the show. But that host/character he's playing is simply unbearable to me now. It's over the top annoying and renders the content useless in my eyes.

Yea, I don't watch enough for him to have become unbearable, but I can see it happening if I watched it with any regularity.

Online pg1067

« Reply #1798 on: January 07, 2019, 10:41:55 AM »
Gotta bitch about this somewhere....  It's pretty fact-specific, but maybe others can relates.

I live in an unincorporated community (i.e., not a "city"), which means there are no local ordinances.  However, there is a "community services district" that provides for trash pickup and street sweeping (and other things).  In other places I've lived, there are street signs that indicate the "no parking" days and times for street sweeping.  However, in my community, there are no such signs.  Instead, there are "banners" that get put up at the entrances to the community.  Supposedly, these banners get put up over the weekend prior to street sweeping days (which are supposedly the first and third Mondays of each month).  There is otherwise no way to know when street sweeping day is.

In 2018, I took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, and I park in the street.  Because I'm not usually home during the day on weekdays, it didn't occur to me to move my car and, sure enough, I got a ticket.  I "appealed" it (via an online submission) and, not surprisingly, the appeal was rejected.  It's "only" $45, so I'm just going to pay it and be done with it, but it pisses me off how this is set up to trap people.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1799 on: January 14, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
Minor on the grand scale of things, but:

Finishing a statement with "who knew?"   No, don't lump the rest of the world in with your idiocy.

The trend of headlines that read "[Semi-popular celebrity] did [some vaguely mundane act] and the internet is [insert totally hyperbolic and inappropriate reaction]".  Headlines are meant to grab eyeballs, and to me that just panders to the worst side of social media, that being the insecure need to be part of the group without actually doing anything to do so (other than logging in).  I know, mean, but I can't help it.  I just see it as another blatant, and vaguely sinister, symbol of the dumbing down of our collective society. 

Online pg1067

« Reply #1800 on: January 14, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »
Minor on the grand scale of things, but:

Finishing a statement with "who knew?"   No, don't lump the rest of the world in with your idiocy.

The trend of headlines that read "[Semi-popular celebrity] did [some vaguely mundane act] and the internet is [insert totally hyperbolic and inappropriate reaction]".  Headlines are meant to grab eyeballs, and to me that just panders to the worst side of social media, that being the insecure need to be part of the group without actually doing anything to do so (other than logging in).  I know, mean, but I can't help it.  I just see it as another blatant, and vaguely sinister, symbol of the dumbing down of our collective society.

Your last comment reminded me of one:  "You MUST [read/watch] this!  IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!"  And then nothing else.  That's pretty much a guarantee that I WON'T read or watch it.  Take two sentences to tell me what it is and why it's supposedly important that I read or watch.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1801 on: January 14, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »
I also like "30 things that (do something)... Number 12 will blow your mind!"

Gotta love clickbait.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1802 on: January 14, 2019, 04:42:58 PM »
and "Do X with this one trick"

so annoying

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1803 on: January 15, 2019, 06:50:55 AM »
work- people

people-work

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1804 on: January 15, 2019, 02:14:34 PM »
Piling on the internet themed mild annoyances.... when I read how someone/something "broke the internet." On my news feed some I see gymnast did an apparently stellar routine, a ton of "big names" tweeted about it, including Jemele Hill and Jamil Smith (ahem) and this left the internet "broken."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/ucla-gymnast-katelyn-ohashi-stunned-judges-and-broke-the-internet-with-a-flawless-jackson-5-inspired-floor-routine-that-earned-a-perfect-10/ar-BBSerPC?ocid=spartanntp
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1805 on: January 15, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »
Until one of these actually breaks the internet, I agree.  ANd I dont mean take down a website, I mean break the "internet".

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1806 on: January 15, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »
Far as I’m concerned, only one who broke the internet was Ralph.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online pg1067

« Reply #1807 on: January 15, 2019, 05:43:43 PM »
Piling on the internet themed mild annoyances.... when I read how someone/something "broke the internet." On my news feed some I see gymnast did an apparently stellar routine, a ton of "big names" tweeted about it, including Jemele Hill and Jamil Smith (ahem) and this left the internet "broken."

Are Jemele Hill and Jamil Smith supposed to be "big names"?  I've legitimately never heard of either of them.

:tup :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1808 on: January 15, 2019, 07:53:15 PM »

Are Jemele Hill and Jamil Smith supposed to be "big names"?  I've legitimately never heard of either of them.

:tup :tup

You sound old.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1809 on: January 15, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
You are old.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1810 on: January 16, 2019, 06:57:02 AM »
You are old.

I don't sound old though. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1811 on: January 16, 2019, 07:10:30 AM »
Oh I get it. So I'm old because I don't go see movies about comic books?

There's only one Aquaman….and he wore orange! ;D

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1812 on: January 16, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »

Word.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1813 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:28 AM »

you're so old you think I was talking about you. :lol

BTW, in the new movie he does wear orange.  But how would you know.  LOL

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1814 on: January 16, 2019, 07:29:16 AM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1815 on: January 16, 2019, 08:19:25 AM »

But in all these movies - I watch them at home on the couch - they fade out all the colors so they all look like they just got pulled from the Exxon Valdez cleanup. Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman... all deep muddy reds and dark, dark blues... the only one that works for is Batman.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1816 on: January 16, 2019, 08:23:01 AM »
I can't watch any of them. They all look so fake. I'm sure the effects guys are extremely talented but sometimes the simplest effects are the best ones.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1817 on: January 16, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »
Fun fact: The original Godzilla roar was the sound of a oil-soaked leather glove being dragged along the strings of a bass.

One of my favorite behind the scenes photos

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1818 on: January 16, 2019, 08:43:06 AM »

But in all these movies - I watch them at home on the couch - they fade out all the colors so they all look like they just got pulled from the Exxon Valdez cleanup. Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman... all deep muddy reds and dark, dark blues... the only one that works for is Batman.

That movie he doesn't.  In the new movie at the end he wears the green and orange.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1819 on: January 16, 2019, 08:46:16 AM »

That movie he doesn't.  In the new movie at the end he wears the green and orange.

I didn't see it, so I don't know.