Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304925 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1715 on: November 13, 2018, 07:32:52 PM »
I think that's ok... at home though

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1716 on: December 03, 2018, 07:53:35 PM »
Two doors down from me in the building I live in, the neighbors are blasting music. Its a 24 year old Thot and her Chad boyfriend. Its Monday night and its past 10pm, give it a rest.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1717 on: December 04, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »

I have had to do that before, back in the day, when deadlines were tight.   But as a general rule, there are no phones, no conversations, no interaction of any kind with me when I'm doing my bizniss.   If there are other people in there, especially at work (where there are only two stalls) I will even wait until people leave.   I HATE doing that in public and avoid it if at all possible. 

The one wipers baffle me beyond description.  I don't know how that at all leads to a positive outcome.   

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1718 on: December 04, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »
Sitting down to ‘drop the kids off at the pool’ at your work restroom and the toilet seat is still body temperature warm. It’s like you’re sitting on a naked strangers lap.

This.  So.  Much.

Two doors down from me in the building I live in, the neighbors are blasting music. Its a 24 year old Thot and her Chad boyfriend. Its Monday night and its past 10pm, give it a rest.

I didn't know you saw me come out of the elevator. 
:ontome:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1719 on: December 05, 2018, 03:46:22 PM »

I didn't know you saw me come out of the elevator. 
:ontome:

You can have her. She's an entitled, narcissistic, vapid creature. Cares about no one but herself and and doesn't have a clue. I knew she wouldn't be able to resist you though, you stud muffin  ;D

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1720 on: December 16, 2018, 07:08:27 AM »
That people leave the TV on all the time and can't be bothered to turn it off when guests are over. Does the TV really have to be on during a Christmas party?

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1721 on: December 16, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »
That people leave the TV on all the time and can't be bothered to turn it off when guests are over. Does the TV really have to be on during a Christmas party?

It's a nice available outlet for introverts who need a break from socializing. During parties at our house, we usually turn it to some sporting event and turn the sound down.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1722 on: December 16, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »

It's a nice available outlet for introverts who need a break from socializing. During parties at our house, we usually turn it to some sporting event and turn the sound down.

Yep, that is the way I see it.  Maybe there is a game on that I don't need to watch per se, but it's nice to check out here and there to see how it is going during moments of downtime in conversation.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1723 on: December 16, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »
If its just a dinner party then maybe having it on is unnecessary, but agreed with others when it's more of a party.  Usually sports finds its way onto the TV and that's fine for me.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1724 on: December 16, 2018, 11:00:43 PM »
These ‘wrapping paper lines up perfectly’ memes and social media posts are driving me insane. Like it’s brain surgery or some sort of Impossible accomplishment to line up a patterned design. Congratulations. You can make basic measurements and cut a straight line.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1725 on: December 17, 2018, 04:53:58 AM »
These ‘wrapping paper lines up perfectly’ memes and social media posts are driving me insane. Like it’s brain surgery or some sort of Impossible accomplishment to line up a patterned design. Congratulations. You can make basic measurements and cut a straight line.

Slightly related, aren't more annoying math games? "Multiply your age by this, add that and subtract this... is it XX? correct? AIN'T I THE MOST AMAZING MAGICIAN EVER?" .... no, you used math, you literally explained how to reach the result.  Are there still people amazed by this in 2018?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1726 on: December 17, 2018, 06:38:46 AM »

I actually find the whole idea of wrapping paper to be mildly infuriating. I don't want to sound like tree hugging wuss, but there are few things in life I find more wasteful than wrapping paper.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1727 on: December 17, 2018, 07:59:12 AM »

I actually find the whole idea of wrapping paper to be mildly infuriating. I don't want to sound like tree hugging wuss, but there are few things in life I find more wasteful than wrapping paper.

I think after a certain age.....or after the whole 'santa' thing is over.....wrapping paper is pointless. But, as a young kid....there's nothing better than tearing into a present in anticipation of what it is. I get it for that scenario. Not me giving my brother a gift though. Kind of silly.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1728 on: December 17, 2018, 08:01:04 AM »

Slightly related, aren't more annoying math games? "Multiply your age by this, add that and subtract this... is it XX? correct? AIN'T I THE MOST AMAZING MAGICIAN EVER?" .... no, you used math, you literally explained how to reach the result.  Are there still people amazed by this in 2018?

Slightly related, I've got a colleague who found on the internet something along the lines of "If you take your current age and add the year when you were born, the numbers would add up to 2018, the current year! It only happens once a century!" and told it first thing in the morning to everyone sitting nearby.

And this is an engineering department. Small wonder our helicopters crash.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1729 on: December 17, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »

I think after a certain age.....or after the whole 'santa' thing is over.....wrapping paper is pointless. But, as a young kid....there's nothing better than tearing into a present in anticipation of what it is. I get it for that scenario. Not me giving my brother a gift though. Kind of silly.

Oh yea ripping into the wrapping paper as a kid was so much fun!  But I absolutely hate wrapping gifts and I almost purposefully do a terrible job at it.  And yes, it is wasteful but maybe worth it to see the joy in your kids eyes.  I just don't know how my parents did it with four children wrapping all those gifts, I struggle doing one gift for 6 or so people  :lol

Online pg1067

« Reply #1730 on: December 17, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »

What baffles me more are the folks who haven't yet had their birthday and who are baffled that their result is off by one.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1731 on: December 17, 2018, 11:39:19 PM »

Gonna jump here and say for me... gift bags. I love wrapped presents. I love wrapping them, and I love unwrapping them. That is how a present should be given, at least for birthdays and holidays. Don't you dare give me a gift in a damn gift bag! I want to open a present, not feel like I am unloading my groceries after a trip to the store.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1732 on: December 18, 2018, 05:25:00 AM »
I think it's charming to see how crappy I wrap presents for my wife.  She sees that I tried. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1733 on: December 18, 2018, 05:47:11 AM »
I love wrapped presents. I love wrapping them, and I love unwrapping them. That is how a present should be given, at least for birthdays and holidays. Don't you dare give me a gift in a damn gift bag! I want to open a present, not feel like I am unloading my groceries after a trip to the store.

Damn straight, bro!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1734 on: December 18, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »
I never knew someone who enjoyed wrapping, but that's great those people exist  :lol but I'll agree with the gift bags.  Those aren't fun, but they are re-usable.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1735 on: December 18, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »
I never knew someone who enjoyed wrapping, but that's great those people exist

My brother in law and his wife are over the top with their wrapping....each gift is like a work of art. They don't get the stick on bows and stuff....it's high dollar paper....REAL crafted bows from decorative strings and all sorts of Pinterest type items. It's neat and all but seems like an extreme effort only to have it destroyed  :lol    They don't have kids and I know they like to do it so more power to them but I certainly can't/wont' take that type of time or spend that type of money to wrap gifts.

If I remember I'll take some pics this year of the gifts they've wrapped. It really is neat looking.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1736 on: December 18, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
I'm like your brother-in-law, Gary. Not only do I enjoy wrapping with good paper, nice bow and/or ribbon, it's a tradition for me that the gift tags are wood ornaments with a sleigh bell tied to them (the bells are for my cat who loves to play with them). Here's where it really gets OCD. The paper, and ribbons/bows must match the color scheme of my tree!  :biggrin:

I have about 10 different full sets of ornaments for the tree, all a different color scheme from browns and tans to purple and copper and everything in between. I have a selection of wrapping goods to match whatever scheme I choose. It's all very metrosexual and looks fantastic.

It really doesn't cost more than just using whatever cheap stuff you can find, because I buy all the stuff from craft and decorating stores in January when it's on clearance and store it in the crawl space waiting for the next year.

Us atheists take our Christmasing very serious!  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1737 on: December 18, 2018, 08:49:27 AM »
damn  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: December 18, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »
I'm like your brother-in-law, Gary. Not only do I enjoy wrapping with good paper, nice bow and/or ribbon, it's a tradition for me that the gift tags are wood ornaments with a sleigh bell tied to them (the bells are for my cat who loves to play with them). Here's where it really gets OCD. The paper, and ribbons/bows must match the color scheme of my tree!  :biggrin:

I have about 10 different full sets of ornaments for the tree, all a different color scheme from browns and tans to purple and copper and everything in between. I have a selection of wrapping goods to match whatever scheme I choose. It's all very metrosexual and looks fantastic.

It really doesn't cost more than just using whatever cheap stuff you can find, because I buy all the stuff from craft and decorating stores in January when it's on clearance and store it in the crawl space waiting for the next year.

I think that's cool though....I really do. And, I can see myself really getting into it later in life. Not that I'm any busier than anyone else...I know we all have things going on....but there's just no way I could pull it off right now.

What is fun that we do for my wife's side of the family is we all draw names and do home made gifts for one another. It's pretty neat and special....and it takes time as well.

Us atheists take our Christmasing very serious!  :lol

:spitcoffee:

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1739 on: December 18, 2018, 09:06:49 AM »
I think that's cool though....I really do. And, I can see myself really getting into it later in life. Not that I'm any busier than anyone else...I know we all have things going on....but there's just no way I could pull it off right now.

That's kinda how it came about...with more time available after the kids grew up and moved out. I'll admit that some of my motivation comes from wowing my grandchildren. They love it and consider it part of the magic of the holiday season at Nana & Papas.

What is fun that we do for my wife's side of the family is we all draw names and do home made gifts for one another. It's pretty neat and special....and it takes time as well.

That's really cool! I'm thinking about how to make smoked meats and cheeses as gifts next year for friends and coworkers. I plan on experimenting through the year on perfecting the technique.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1740 on: December 18, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »
So basically Gary can't wait to get old like you Gregg. :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1741 on: December 18, 2018, 11:04:32 AM »

:lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1742 on: December 18, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »

:lol Apparently.

He shouldn't be in too much of a hurry though. It sucks having to do stretching exercises prior to going to the toilet just so you can wipe your asshole without pulling a rib muscle.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1743 on: December 18, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »

:lol Apparently.

He shouldn't be in too much of a hurry though. It sucks having to do stretching exercises prior to going to the toilet just so you can wipe your asshole without pulling a rib muscle.

Well I have a pulled back muscle just from that. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1744 on: December 18, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »

Hey Mr. Fancy Tools, you mean you don't have one of these??

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: December 18, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »

Hey Mr. Fancy Tools, you mean you don't have one of these??

Hell no!

Black and Decker is for amateur pussies. Maktia all the way!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1746 on: December 18, 2018, 11:50:55 AM »
That's a minor league toilet, too.  What's that, for potty training? 

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1747 on: December 18, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
 :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1748 on: December 20, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »
Something thats been going on and just resolved but I'm sure others have experienced this...

Friends not paying you back.

My friend owed me about $160 for the Metallica ticket for the show we went to back in September.  The event comes and he asks to pay him back next week.  Slowly he stops talking to me, but still talks to my other friends.  Essentially acts like he doesn't know me but with everyone else, all is normal.  He mentions a couple sporadic time that he hasn't forgotten to pay me back directly though, so I guess to keep me in check.  Anyway, finally just asked in our group chat if he was going to pay me back and stop ignoring me and he did immediately.  I'm glad he paid me, but geeze why do you have to hunt down your own friends?  Or why do you only listen when I publicly make it aware?  I know everyone's got their issues and money may be one of them, but just be open with me about it.  The first convo he was open saying he was struggling and just paid off his car and so and so, ever since then it's just ignore so that makes it seem like the money is more important than friendship.  I kind of don't feel the same about this guy anymore.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1749 on: December 20, 2018, 03:37:35 PM »
When you make a Dr. appt, and they give you the standard "Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment."

So when I get there, I will give my name and you will tell me to take a seat and the doctor will see me shortly, and I'll end up waiting for those 15 minutes.  >:(
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'