Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 305119 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1540 on: September 27, 2018, 10:55:52 AM »
Things that are "artisanal."

Things that are "curated."

PRETENTIOUS NOB:  "Our selection of artisanal cheeses has been specially curated for your enjoyment."

ME:  "Go fuck yourself; I'll be over at Five Guys."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1541 on: September 27, 2018, 11:15:45 AM »
"Artisanal" is code for "This looks way better than it tastes".

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1542 on: September 27, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »
I vaguely recall seeing something not too long ago about a DJ playing a "specially curated" mix of songs.  Seriously?!?!

Maybe when we harken back on MP and the rotating set lists, we should talk about how MP "specially curated" the set lists.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1543 on: September 27, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »

PRETENTIOUS NOB:  "Our selection of artisanal cheeses has been specially curated for your enjoyment."

ME:  "Go fuck yourself; I'll be over at Five Guys with Stadler."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1544 on: September 27, 2018, 11:37:52 AM »

ME:  "Go fuck yourself; I'll be over at Five Guys with Stadler."

:tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1545 on: September 27, 2018, 11:59:20 AM »
Curated doesn't bother me as much as artisanal.  But I'll still be at five guys as well.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1546 on: September 28, 2018, 10:37:35 AM »
"Artisanal" is code for "This looks costs way better more than it tastes is worth".

Fix'd
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1547 on: September 28, 2018, 01:54:44 PM »
OK, so we've put two additions on our house, and over the years have had many tradesmen work here. You know what makes me nuts..?

When someone outs a sign in my front lawn with their business on it. I f'n hate that. I always tell them to put that shit away. You want to give me money off my bill, maybe I'll consider it, but my front lawn will not be used for anyone else to pimp their business. Fuck that!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1548 on: September 30, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
The one time it was nice for us was when our entire neighborhood was hit with a hailstorn last year. Contractors were knocking on our door everyday. We put up the sign of the one we chose and they stopped knocking.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1549 on: September 30, 2018, 06:49:17 PM »
The one time it was nice for us was when our entire neighborhood was hit with a hailstorn last year. Contractors were knocking on our door everyday. We put up the sign of the one we chose and they stopped knocking.
You talking about that one last June that hit in the morning? If so, our neighborhood got ravaged too. The contractor that we all went with lives on our block, so our street was littered with his company's signs. We're still getting the work done.

The only time the sign bothered me was when I had to move it to mow the lawn. I can understand the frustration though with having it in the yard, and what TAC said is a good idea, but I don't think they'd ever put signs in anybody's yard again if they were knocking money off the total. :lol Good way to make them stop doing it
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1550 on: September 30, 2018, 07:02:37 PM »
It bugs me because if I allow it, it's as if am recommending them, like endorsing a politician. I don't care if a tradesman comes with a huge neon sign on his truck. That's his business. But once he puts a sign on my lawn, it's as if I'm vouching for him. I don't appreciate being put in that position.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1551 on: September 30, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »
Sunday night at 9pm irritates me.   I get up every Monday at 5am for work.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1552 on: September 30, 2018, 07:25:09 PM »
You talking about that one last June that hit in the morning? If so, our neighborhood got ravaged too. The contractor that we all went with lives on our block, so our street was littered with his company's signs. We're still getting the work done.

The only time the sign bothered me was when I had to move it to mow the lawn. I can understand the frustration though with having it in the yard, and what TAC said is a good idea, but I don't think they'd ever put signs in anybody's yard again if they were knocking money off the total. :lol Good way to make them stop doing it
Yeah, that was the one. What city do you live in?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1553 on: September 30, 2018, 07:27:48 PM »

I'll be AT WORK at 5am, lazy ass.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1554 on: September 30, 2018, 07:28:11 PM »

You think THAT'S bad....

...you'd be right. That sucks man.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1555 on: September 30, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »

I think you k oa this as you were once a manager but I'm always contacted even durring my days off on the weekends.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1556 on: September 30, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
I worked 6 hours today.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1557 on: September 30, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
You know it and I do. It's more about your mind split into a thousand different things going into a week.  Nevermind the unknown that always happens.

Good thing is Tuesday it's a long drive for a conference.  The rental SUV is amazing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1558 on: September 30, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »
Where do you have to do?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1559 on: September 30, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
Watkins Glen, NY then Friday I drive to NJ to pick up the wifey to go to the Prog festival.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1560 on: September 30, 2018, 11:48:14 PM »
Stillwater
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1561 on: October 01, 2018, 06:03:17 AM »
Stillwater
You got hit hard out there too huh? I'm in Brooklyn Park, here and Coon Rapids got hit really bad. Pretty much every house in my neighborhood got a new roof and siding.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1562 on: October 01, 2018, 06:49:13 AM »
When your wife can't figure out how to forward a text or an email and is so afraid of technology she acts put off by you trying to walk her through it.  It's not that hard.  Jesus.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1563 on: October 01, 2018, 09:53:37 AM »
I hate people who request things last minute, and are cryptic in their email on what they actually want. Had a request from our client for special coverage for something this going on this morning. The request came in end of (my) day on Friday. The email was not straight forward. I requested clarification, and then misread the clarification  (It was "no, we need someone there" and I read it as "no need for someone there". 

And now I look like and idiot for not taking care of it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1564 on: October 01, 2018, 12:15:04 PM »
When your wife can't figure out how to forward a text or an email and is so afraid of technology she acts put off by you trying to walk her through it.  It's not that hard.  Jesus.

All while professing how smart she is and she hates it when people treat her like she knows nothing?

No?  Just mine?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1565 on: October 01, 2018, 12:24:40 PM »
 :lol

And we take it don't we Chad. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1566 on: October 01, 2018, 12:39:30 PM »
We take it with a smile and a "yes, dear."

Not just you, Jingle.

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1567 on: October 01, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »
Ooooooooh

And as a rebuttal - in diabolic irony - she replies:

"You don't understand"

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1568 on: October 02, 2018, 06:05:56 AM »
Really you guys? I'm glad Mrs. P isn't like that. I don't think I'd have the patience to deal with it.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1569 on: October 02, 2018, 06:57:56 AM »
Cars without functioning break lights. This is so common in AZ and it drives me insane!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1570 on: October 02, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
Really you guys? I'm glad Mrs. P isn't like that. I don't think I'd have the patience to deal with it.

My ex was and it was so frustrating. My gf now is great, we really dont have those typical couple bickering moments.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1571 on: October 02, 2018, 08:41:49 AM »

Consider yourself blessed.

I think marriage causes mental illness in women. #OnlySomewhatFacetious

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1572 on: October 02, 2018, 08:43:39 AM »
Cars without functioning break lights. This is so common in AZ and it drives me insane!

Similar to this... people that don't fucking realize their light setting is no longer on "auto", and are driving around at night with no lights on beyond the base headlight running lamps.  Just like a no-seatbelt warning indicator, the software is smart enough to recognize it's dark out and the light system isn't on - SO GIVE THOSE DUMBASSES A FUCKING WARNING FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL OF US!!!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: October 02, 2018, 10:11:43 AM »

My ex was and it was so frustrating. My gf now is great, we really dont have those typical couple bickering moments.

Well, the reality is - for me, anyway - that she's got just as many things to pick at me about (the latest:  it seems I have a tendency to repeat myself.  Go figure.) and in the grand scheme of things... I wouldn't trade off for the world.   Truth is, I find it more amusing more often than I find it exasperating, so I'm good.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1574 on: October 02, 2018, 12:18:14 PM »

All while professing how smart she is and she hates it when people treat her like she knows nothing?

No?  Just mine?

My other favorite. Your partner comes to you because they have a problem with their computer and spent two hours with it trying to fix it and couldn't figure it out. And As you are actually figuring it out, they sit there the whole time and keep offering non-helpful suggestions.

I'm like "you just had two hours alone with this problem and failed, so can you please just leave me be as I fix your problem for you"

which then turns into a fight  :yeahright