Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304875 times)

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1050 on: April 28, 2018, 09:18:13 AM »
Time to change the homepage TAC.

That was my instant thought too.  He probably uses IE and Bing too!   :lol

TAC@AOL.com,  lol (just kidding, if it weren't for my kids i would have a Jitterbug flip phone).
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1051 on: April 28, 2018, 09:26:32 AM »
TAC still has a Nokia.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1052 on: April 28, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »
Time to change the homepage TAC.

That was my instant thought too.  He probably uses IE and Bing too!   :lol

TAC@AOL.com,  lol (just kidding, if it weren't for my kids i would have a Jitterbug flip phone).

Actually it's CompuServe.  :lol

TAC still has a Nokia.   :lol

Can you repeat that, I'm on a call.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1053 on: April 28, 2018, 04:37:54 PM »
30 days ago, I received a notice from IT that one of my passwords is expiring and we will be getting a month to reset it plus an additional 15 day extension.  IT hasn't yet figured out how they will get all the users to walk the process - it is one program that is complicated and only needs password resets every 3 years, so this is the first time it is impacting a large number of employees.  We are assured instructions are coming.

2 weeks ago, a test group is picked to try the instructions for the reset.  A small number of people try it.  Instructions are missing vital parts, it goes back to the IT department for revamping.

1 week ago, finally instructions come out.  But no 15 day extension will be allowed so better do it now.

I do it immediately.

The day after I complete the process in the instructions another email comes out that is another revamp, and now it needs to be done AGAIN.  But for those of us who thought we were completed, now the new instructions cause problems and the password reset won't work.

My boss, "I warned you not to wait until the last minute."   ::)

:censored
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: April 28, 2018, 09:17:52 PM »
On that note... expiring passwords.

And, when you have 27 different passwords for various programs at your office, and they all need to be reset, and all on different schedules, so it seems like every 2 weeks you are resetting a password.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2018, 06:07:25 AM »
Or when the company doesn't have a truly SSO design - so you don't know which systems take which passwords!  :zeltar:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1056 on: April 29, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »
I work for a bank and we have a department dedicated to managing passwords across systems, it's a disaster lol.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »
I guess I am lucky in that our company's hard drive has an excel spread sheet saved with all sites we visit for anything, that we update every time we have to change a password (although a few knuckleheads always forget to do it :facepalm: :lol).

I won't say the company, but a customer we used to have was a nightmare. To log in to their site, you had to use their virtual keyboard to put in your password, and every time you had to change your password, it was like jumping through 18 hoops to do so. And you had to do it every three months.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2018, 09:43:05 AM »
Oh man, the passwords...

For the company I work for, I am at multiple sites floating around. And every site has its own unique login and passwords   :tdwn

And for each site, I have like 5 separate things to sign in to. I literally have to carry around a book with all the info. It sucks.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1059 on: May 08, 2018, 07:43:31 AM »
The guy in the cube next to me is training for a half marathon in two weeks. He won't STFU about it. I've been keeping a tally on my desk and he brought it up in 8 different conversations yesterday with various coworkers. He can't stop talking about his diet.

The dude literally just microwaved a Tupperware container full of onions for breakfast. Literally nothing else. The guy is just sitting there eating a hot, steaming pile of white onions. The office fucking wreaks.

That is all.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1060 on: May 08, 2018, 08:02:11 AM »
The guy in the cube next to me is training for a half marathon in two weeks. He won't STFU about it. I've been keeping a tally on my desk and he brought it up in 8 different conversations yesterday with various coworkers. He can't stop talking about his diet.

The dude literally just microwaved a Tupperware container full of onions for breakfast. Literally nothing else. The guy is just sitting there eating a hot, steaming pile of white onions. The office fucking wreaks.

That is all.

That  sounds  like my ex-wife.  She ran a half-marathon a couple weeks ago, and you'd think she was flying to the moon and back on a pelican.  Like no one has ever run that far in their life. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: May 08, 2018, 08:32:59 AM »

That is all.

I don't know which part of this is more annoying

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1062 on: May 08, 2018, 08:59:04 AM »

That is all.

I'm trying to figure out the onion thing. I've been a 'runner' for ten years now and haven't heard of this straight onion meal....if it has some sort of significance.

And Brian, I'd say this dude is nervous about his half marathon if he's talking about it that much. I've trained for quite a few runs and outside of mentioning it to family and close friends after I initially sign up for one.....I try not to annoy people with making sure they know I'm running a race.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1063 on: May 08, 2018, 09:06:38 AM »

That is all.

I'm trying to figure out the onion thing. I've been a 'runner' for ten years now and haven't heard of this straight onion meal....if it has some sort of significance.

And Brian, I'd say this dude is nervous about his half marathon if he's talking about it that much. I've trained for quite a few runs and outside of mentioning it to family and close friends after I initially sign up for one.....I try not to annoy people with making sure they know I'm running a race.

He changes his diet every few weeks to keep his body from becoming complacent. He was on Paleo a few months ago, but I'm not sure which one this one is. I heard him talking about the healing properties of onions a few weeks ago when he started training. He was getting blisters on his feet and would sleep with onions in his socks. I'm wondering if he thinks ingesting copious amounts of onions will heal his insides or something.

I'm not sure how much of this is nervousness. He's always that guy that has to remind everyone how much of a health nut he is. It doesn't matter what he's doing. I don't remember if I was complaining about it here or another forum, but a few weeks ago we had our quarterly birthday party at work. He and another girl in the office walked from cube to cube asking if anyone wanted to split a donut into thirds with them. Is that necessary? If you each only want a third of a donut, just cut your two thirds and leave the remaining third in the box. Instead, they both go on this journey that in my mind has no purpose other than reminding everyone in the office how more conscious they are about their health than everyone else. It just kind of gets annoying. He's the kind that will go on a hike and update Instagram with a selfie every time he climbs another 500 feet.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: May 08, 2018, 09:26:58 AM »
Reminds me a meme I saw a while back... if you're a Vegan and train Cross-fit, which do you tell people first?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1065 on: May 08, 2018, 09:28:30 AM »
Fucking onions?? WTF?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1066 on: May 08, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
Fucking onions?? WTF?

I thought he was just eating them

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: May 08, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
You're nicer than I am.  I'd say to him, "But I only want a fifth of the donut.  if you can find someone to take the other 2/15ths of the donut, I'm your man!" 

I had an uncle - not really; he married my aunt very late in life - that they called "Sibby", which was short for "cebula" (I might have spelled that wrong), polish for "onion", because he would eat them like apples. 

You also better hope he doesn't move on to garlic.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1068 on: May 08, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
You're nicer than I am.  I'd say to him, "But I only want a fifth of the donut.  if you can find someone to take the other 2/15ths of the donut, I'm your man!" 

I had an uncle - not really; he married my aunt very late in life - that they called "Sibby", which was short for "cebula" (I might have spelled that wrong), polish for "onion", because he would eat them like apples. 

Was Sibby a custodian at Watertown High by any chance?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1069 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:33 PM »

Was Sibby a custodian at Watertown High by any chance?

Hmmm, I don't know.  I know he was part of maintenance down at Sikorsky in Shelton for a long long time, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.  I'll ask my dad. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1070 on: May 09, 2018, 06:31:23 PM »
He changes his diet every few weeks to keep his body from becoming complacent. He was on Paleo a few months ago, but I'm not sure which one this one is. I heard him talking about the healing properties of onions a few weeks ago when he started training. He was getting blisters on his feet and would sleep with onions in his socks. I'm wondering if he thinks ingesting copious amounts of onions will heal his insides or something.

Does he sound like this?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BgSMjo6KE
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: May 10, 2018, 04:36:38 AM »
:lol

I love AwakenWithJP. The essential oils episode is fantastic.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1072 on: May 10, 2018, 07:33:57 AM »
I like his flat Earth theory video.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: May 10, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »
I gotta watch more of him.  I've seen 3 or 4, and they're all top notch.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1074 on: May 11, 2018, 05:54:59 AM »
I think its hilarious when people on craiglist make ZERO effort to present what they are selling. I'm looking at vehicles that are listed at $7000 and up and they have dark, blurry pics of the vehicle just sitting in their garage, covered in dust and other clutter.

Its clear as day, that it just sat there for months, maybe even years and hasn't been taken care of, but you want almost 10 grand for it. Seriously? Is it that hard to at least take it out in the driveway, do a quick wipe down and take a clear pic of it sparkling in the sun?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1075 on: May 11, 2018, 06:03:00 AM »
I think its hilarious when people on craiglist make ZERO effort to present what they are selling. I'm looking at vehicles that are listed at $7000 and up and they have dark, blurry pics of the vehicle just sitting in their garage, covered in dust and other clutter.

Its clear as day, that it just sat there for months, maybe even years and hasn't been taken care of, but you want almost 10 grand for it. Seriously? Is it that hard to at least take it out in the driveway, do a quick wipe down and take a clear pic of it sparkling in the sun?

SO much same.

I often buy and sell RC cars on Craigslist. It's not uncommon for someone to put $1200ish into a truck and then sell it in the $600 range. You don't know how many times someone posts listing that's like 2 sentences worth of description and no pics. Then they have the balls to end it with "$700 CASH ONLY - FIRM"

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1076 on: May 11, 2018, 07:11:47 AM »
and they have dark, blurry pics of the vehicle just sitting in their garage, covered in dust and other clutter.

Its clear as day

not the best choice of words  :lol
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: May 11, 2018, 07:29:36 AM »
I know some people love craigslist, but I find the whole interface to be rather garbage and mostly spam like listings.  I feel like the examples you guys presented are essentially spam in my mind. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1078 on: May 11, 2018, 07:52:27 AM »
Here's a perfect example...

https://hartford.craigslist.org/tag/d/hobby-grade-rc-collection-sale/6548951024.html

$300 for what? The guy has 20 trucks for sale. Is that $300 for the whole lot? Per truck? Some random number? What is it? He lists a couple brand names, but no specific models. He's got 20 trucks for sale and not a single picture?

Dumb.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1079 on: May 11, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »
Oh man.

Not having a picture is the WORST.  Its like, why bother?

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1080 on: May 14, 2018, 10:35:30 AM »
Chino. Can I interest you in a Tamiya Monster Beetle ?
(smirk) yup it still runs and I have back parts for most of it...
I'm kidding. She aint for sale.

Things I find mildly irritating - once again - people who hit the handicap button to open doors they easily could open themselves. These doors are VERY expensive to maintain, they break A LOT. So you're a germaphobe? So you just like pressing buttons? Smarten the fuck up. Some cripple is gonna come along and hit the button and because it's busted by able bodied folks who are lazy....well you get the idea.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1081 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
Chino. Can I interest you in a Tamiya Monster Beetle ?
(smirk) yup it still runs and I have back parts for most of it...
I'm kidding. She aint for sale.

Do you really have an original?

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1082 on: May 14, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »
I hate it when people misspell my name when writing an email to me, when you can clearly see how to spell my name in my email address. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1083 on: May 14, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »
I hate it when people misspell my name when writing an email to me, when you can clearly see how to spell my name in my email address.

rondrums? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1084 on: May 14, 2018, 12:37:12 PM »

rondrums? :lol

You're not that far off, actually.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.