Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 306945 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #980 on: February 02, 2018, 07:16:47 AM »
Mildly irritating:  the clack of a computer keyboard.  I have the news on in the background while I work, and there's a commercial that comes on for a financial planner/adviser, and the entire ad is some tool typing questions into a browser, so all you hear is this exaggerated keyboard clacking sound.   Makes my teeth rattle. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #981 on: February 02, 2018, 07:53:28 AM »
It's a wierd sound, as in, I have no issues and sometimes even enjoy the sound when I am typing, yet hate the sound when someone else is doing so. 

It's even worse for a mechanical keyboard.  But there's a guy in the office who brought his personal mechanical keyboard in, which is significantly louder than our standard mac keyboards, and it's really caused a lot of people to hate him and when he's not there, to frantically hit his keys jokingly. 

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #982 on: February 02, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »
Went to guitar center today at like 1pm. was in the market for a new bass to replace old squier beginner bass. Found a fender prescision bass that I liked and was like "oh, well I'll come back later and trade in my beginner base then buy the new one"

Come back at like 4pm. Go to the desk with the beginner base ready to trade it in. Look for the new one and see that its missing, but hear some dude playing a bass and of course its the one I was gonna buy. and this guy was going to town, fingering the shit out of it. It was like  seeing my girlfriend who is only mildly satisfied by what I can do, just screaming and moaning with pleasure from what this dude is doing. So, cut to the cashier dude looking at the beginner base and being like, "uh my bass tech says the truss rod needs to be slightly adjusted, I can't buy it in this condition", so of course I'm like thinking "well, go get a god damn allen wrench..."

So with the combination of the two things, I just said thanks anyway and left. I ended up giving the beginner bass to a friend and I may go back and buy the defiled bass, if he didn't take her home with him. We'll see.

TLDR  Guitar center blues  :millahhhh

Honestly, not kidding - I can't stand Guitar Center. I'll hit the store occasionally to grab last minute little things like strings or picks but I won't buy anything else from them.

Sweetwater is where it's at. The selection of brands is actually better than the Guitar Center/Musicians Friend portfolio, and their customer service is beyond excellence. If you want to try out something like a bass before you buy it, Guitar Center is great so you can sit down and try it out, but honestly I'd hang that thing back up on the wall, head home, and then order it from Sweetwater.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #983 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:11 AM »
Mildly irritating:  the clack of a computer keyboard.  I have the news on in the background while I work, and there's a commercial that comes on for a financial planner/adviser, and the entire ad is some tool typing questions into a browser, so all you hear is this exaggerated keyboard clacking sound.   Makes my teeth rattle.
. Pisses me off during a con call when someone has their speaker phone too close to the keyboard, and you can hear them typing an essay.  :angry:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: February 02, 2018, 10:31:12 AM »
. Pisses me off during a con call when someone has their speaker phone too close to the keyboard, and you can hear them typing an essay.  :angry:

Speaking of conference calls, I've lived that GEICO commercial too many times to count. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #985 on: February 02, 2018, 11:41:37 AM »
Went to guitar center today at like 1pm. was in the market for a new bass to replace old squier beginner bass. Found a fender prescision bass that I liked and was like "oh, well I'll come back later and trade in my beginner base then buy the new one"

Come back at like 4pm. Go to the desk with the beginner base ready to trade it in. Look for the new one and see that its missing, but hear some dude playing a bass and of course its the one I was gonna buy. and this guy was going to town, fingering the shit out of it. It was like  seeing my girlfriend who is only mildly satisfied by what I can do, just screaming and moaning with pleasure from what this dude is doing. So, cut to the cashier dude looking at the beginner base and being like, "uh my bass tech says the truss rod needs to be slightly adjusted, I can't buy it in this condition", so of course I'm like thinking "well, go get a god damn allen wrench..."

So with the combination of the two things, I just said thanks anyway and left. I ended up giving the beginner bass to a friend and I may go back and buy the defiled bass, if he didn't take her home with him. We'll see.

TLDR  Guitar center blues  :millahhhh

I hate that shit. Its like "why not just take the extra effort to fix it?" Lazy asses. Haha they probably don't even know how to fix it. I went to take a Bass in one time, and they said the same thing. I was like "well, just take the amount I would've gotten for it and subtract the fixing fee."

Also, when the 12-strings aren't in tune in the Acoustic room bugs me, for some reason.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #986 on: February 02, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
^^^

The dumbest part was that I came there determined to buy a $625 dollar fender precision bass. So the store lost that money and the dude lost the commission, all because the tech couldn't just be like "yeah, i can fix it. Give him like 50 bucks in credit or something" which I would have gladly taken. Hell, I would have taken $1 dollar. I just don't have space and wanted to get rid off it. It was just a squier beginner base after all.

I ended up giving it to my friend who said his nephew was interested in playing bass, so I am actually happier with that outcome.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #987 on: February 03, 2018, 08:27:02 AM »
It's even worse for a mechanical keyboard.  But there's a guy in the office who brought his personal mechanical keyboard in, which is significantly louder than our standard mac keyboards, and it's really caused a lot of people to hate him and when he's not there, to frantically hit his keys jokingly. 

If anyone wants to complain about the sweet clacky sound of my mechanical keyboard, they can fight me, because I'm not giving it up for a peasant keyboard like the unwashed masses. :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #988 on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »

If anyone wants to complain about the sweet clacky sound of my mechanical keyboard, they can fight me, because I'm not giving it up for a peasant keyboard like the unwashed masses. :blob:

The new old man rant. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #989 on: February 28, 2018, 11:57:47 AM »
How douchey people can be to their neighbors.

Here at work, we have a resident (Who I refer to as Santa, as he looks like mother fucking Santa Clause, and brings my guys cookies every week...) whom has been in a wheel chair for years. He just had surgery on both of his knees... and is working on being able to walk again.  He's actually gotten to the point where he can walk several houses down the street. So he's been parking his car further and further away and walking to it every day.

You'd think that people would find this awesome? Right?

Nope.

I've gotten complaints from 5 different people in the last 24 hours. People demanding that we tow his vehicle, etc.

When I explain that I cannot legally do ANYTHING, as he has a Handicap Placard, I get told that it's complete bullshit and get hung up on or cussed out for "making up excuses."

Really people?

Fuck off.  Leave Santa Alone.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #990 on: February 28, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »
I find that people who would complain about something like that are people who would lie about something like that to get a better parking spot, so in their heads they think most other people are like that as well.  :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #991 on: February 28, 2018, 01:46:28 PM »
How douchey people can be to their neighbors.

Here at work, we have a resident (Who I refer to as Santa, as he looks like mother fucking Santa Clause, and brings my guys cookies every week...) whom has been in a wheel chair for years. He just had surgery on both of his knees... and is working on being able to walk again.  He's actually gotten to the point where he can walk several houses down the street. So he's been parking his car further and further away and walking to it every day.

You'd think that people would find this awesome? Right?

Nope.

I've gotten complaints from 5 different people in the last 24 hours. People demanding that we tow his vehicle, etc.

When I explain that I cannot legally do ANYTHING, as he has a Handicap Placard, I get told that it's complete bullshit and get hung up on or cussed out for "making up excuses."

Really people?

Fuck off.  Leave Santa Alone.

Reminds me of this delightful woman...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-43104314

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: February 28, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
My dad, who has had a handicapped parking sticker since I was old enough to remember (probably going on 45 years now) was generally very tolerant of this stuff, but I do recall him taking a picture of a police car in the handicapped spot... and another one of the officer walking out of Pizzaland with a large pie in his hand. 

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #993 on: February 28, 2018, 09:57:18 PM »
TTPMO: When your school you graduated from a year ago tries to charge you $100 for a book you already returned.  :facepalm:  :censored
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #994 on: March 01, 2018, 12:34:57 PM »
I really hate stink bugs. They are getting through my wall unit air conditioner.

With online instructions, I made this 2 liter trap. So far its a decent quick fix, but I will probably consult an exterminator when I have a chance

Offline Harmony

« Reply #995 on: March 21, 2018, 03:37:08 PM »
I thought this little gem of a story would help the participants of this thread feel a little better.   :D

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2016/10/worlds-oldest-man-says-petty-grievances-kept-going/
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #996 on: March 21, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »
I thought this little gem of a story would help the participants of this thread feel a little better.   :D

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2016/10/worlds-oldest-man-says-petty-grievances-kept-going/

People don’t understand that being happy is boring. Of course you don’t want to go overboard, but just enough grievances to hate most walks of life is about all you’ll need.

:rollin :rollin
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #997 on: March 21, 2018, 08:52:12 PM »

I know so many people that are going to live forever  :lol :rollin :lol
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #998 on: March 21, 2018, 09:06:55 PM »
Apparently El Barto is going to live forever.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #999 on: March 22, 2018, 04:24:06 AM »

If that is true, Kotowboy will try to take his head off with a sword.

There can be only one.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: March 22, 2018, 07:32:39 AM »

There can be only one.

Nice reference!  Gimme the prize!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1001 on: March 22, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »

There can be only one.

Well, he did say light petty grievances. I'm pretty sure Kotowboy surpasses that.

Either way, I look forward to the quickening.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1002 on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »
As am I

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1003 on: March 28, 2018, 09:22:34 AM »
People who block the aisles when talking to their friends in the supermarket. I'm not against you talking to your friends, just stand to one side while doing so so the rest of us can carry on with our lives.

People who talk loudly in libraries.

A lot of the time, frankly....People.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1004 on: March 28, 2018, 09:29:12 AM »
People who block the aisles when talking to their friends in the supermarket. I'm not against you talking to your friends, just stand to one side while doing so so the rest of us can carry on with our lives.

This happened to me in the grocery store to me just today. Never once have I seen them pulled off to the side, its always directly in the way of everyone else.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1005 on: March 28, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »
I can't stand that.  I also hate when someone pulls up next to another cart, looking at an item and blocking the whole isle.  Common decency is a thing of the past.  You say "excuse me" or "pardon me" and you get a dirty look.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
I can't stand that.  I also hate when someone pulls up next to another cart, looking at an item and blocking the whole isle.  Common decency is a thing of the past.  You say "excuse me" or "pardon me" and you get a dirty look.

:lol so true, trying to politely get by someone always ends up with the person who is being rude thinking that you are the rude one by saying excuse me to get through.  What a world we live in.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1007 on: March 28, 2018, 12:45:57 PM »
We live in a world where self importance is out of control.

I once told a lady that "The world doesn't revolve around you so move your fucking cart". :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1008 on: March 28, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
I just "accidentally" slam my cart into theirs until they say sorry and move it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1009 on: March 28, 2018, 02:39:49 PM »
Costco is the worst for this.  I just say quite loudly "someone wanna move so the rest of us can get by".  I have zero fuck's to give if I get a nasty look - I'm not there to make friends or influence people.  Get the fuck out of my way!  I'm getting my groceries and shit, and gettin the fuck out of there.  Fuck them if they're so self absorbed they have to frown at others because I call out they aren't as goddamned important as they think they are.

I could make a Gary/NHL-style rage post about this, but I'll leave it at that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1010 on: March 28, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »
Oh, but God forbid we don't return our carts to the corral! :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1011 on: March 28, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »

Oh please god, lets not go down that rabbit hole again  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1012 on: March 28, 2018, 03:08:44 PM »

Yup, and I love Jingle's Costco rant.  The other one that gets me is when people walk out in front of moving cars in a parking lot and expect the cars to stop.  There's a grocery store near where I live where the sidewalk extends maybe 15 feet from the door, and then the main "road" in the shopping center is right there.  People routinely walk out of the store and start to walk across to get to their cars without even looking to see if there are cars there.  Half the time these folks have their heads buried in their phones and aren't even looking.  A woman did that the other day and stopped abruptly and gave me a dirty look when she realized I wasn't going to stop for her.  It would never occur to me to walk out into moving traffic, without a crosswalk, and just expect that everyone will magically stop FOR ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1013 on: March 28, 2018, 03:22:25 PM »
I was always taught to wait for the person in the car to wave you on not walk out and expect a car to stop. What's easier to stop?  A car that weighs tons more than you to stop? Again it's the my universe, me first attitude.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1014 on: March 28, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »

Staff that outside better m***********!! :lol :lol :lol