Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307023 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #840 on: July 11, 2017, 06:53:35 PM »
A 20 year old douchebag ........ 20 old fucknut 

Same difference.

Six of one half dozen of another.

Oh wait.....a horse apiece! :metal

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #841 on: July 11, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
Then on a half hour lunch he takes 45 minutes. Sending him home. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #842 on: July 11, 2017, 08:55:23 PM »
A 20 year old douchebag refusing to work in another section because, "It's not his job."

I'm trying not to cut him since I can't get trailer moves in the door and this 20 old fucknut thinks it's a punishment.   Tomorrow,  I will punish him.

I haaaaaaate "It's not my job".

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #843 on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:39 PM »
Fuck that shit.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #844 on: July 11, 2017, 09:55:33 PM »
A 20 year old douchebag refusing to work in another section because, "It's not his job."

I'm trying not to cut him since I can't get trailer moves in the door and this 20 old fucknut thinks it's a punishment.   Tomorrow,  I will punish him.

I haaaaaaate "It's not my job".
Your job is whatever your supervisor tells you to do. At least that's how I always approached it (obviously there are limits/exceptions, especially when it comes to things like safety/legality).

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #845 on: July 11, 2017, 10:27:18 PM »
I had a guy who pulled that shit a bit ago. We have a main account here with several small "offshoot" accounts that are all connected to the main account. (Security company). One day a few weeks ago, we had some shit going on, and the guy working the offshoot account was someone who's judgement I trusted immensely compared to one of the guys working the main account. I asked him to swap and work the main account (same hours.. same place essentially, just patrolling the community instead of a construction site within the community). He flat our refused.

"I shouldn't have to be moved because you don't think one of your employees is a strong worker. He should be punished for being a shit employee, not me."

Dude. Really? 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #846 on: July 12, 2017, 05:14:02 AM »
  Tomorrow,  I will punish him.

Oooh, me next. Me next!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #847 on: July 12, 2017, 07:31:11 AM »
More like today I am firing him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #848 on: July 12, 2017, 07:38:56 AM »
I am firmly in the Pogo camp on this one.   I have yet to have a job that matches the job description anyway, so who's to say "what's my job"?   Plus, for about the last five years or so, I've made it a point to tell every one of my bosses:  "When you get something you don't know what to do with, I want to be the first guy you think of.  When you get something you don't know how it's going to get done, I want that project."   I've been lucky; I've delivered on most (if not all) of those things I've been given, and now, I can guarantee you there are no threads on any board I can think of where someone is saying "Stadler, more like today I am firing him."   

Job security, mofos.   Make yourself as close to indispensable as you can (there are no absolutes). 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: July 12, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
It's also talked about working in different cells. Employees are aware this will happen.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #850 on: July 12, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
Well there is some office politics involved with doing other responsibilites as well.  I've seen this enough in my time working at banks.  Do not step on someone elses toes even if you are trying to do extra work.  People don't like that and I understand why.  I typically don't take on responsibilities outside my role unless they are responsibilities no one is taking on and therefore not stepping on others toes (or "taking their job").

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #851 on: July 12, 2017, 10:10:40 AM »
My boss decides whether or not I'm employed. I do as he says/asks  :lol
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:21:49 AM by Chino »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #852 on: July 12, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »
I used to tell people that as long as you are on the clock, and unless I am asking you to put yourself in personal danger, you are to comply with any reasonable request.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: July 12, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »
I used to tell people that as long as you are on the clock, and unless I am asking you to put yourself in personal danger, you are to comply with any reasonable request.

And we had that conversation with all shifts.

BTW, I told him he was suspended pending....... you know what that means.  He crys out when I tell him, "Dude, I've got bills to pay!"

Well you should have thought of that with the 15 counselings over 1 year and 4 months you worked here.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #854 on: July 12, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
Wow, that would piss me off.  It's the attitude that it's never your own fault.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: July 12, 2017, 05:24:54 PM »
You get home from a 10 hour day and your power goes out.

Dammit!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #856 on: July 13, 2017, 07:00:36 AM »

Or that your job/work is an entitlement. 

We seem to have forgotten that when an employer pays you, they are a customer buying a service.  Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #857 on: July 13, 2017, 07:29:43 AM »

Or that your job/work is an entitlement. 

We seem to have forgotten that when an employer pays you, they are a customer buying a service.  Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

And that's what I'm doing.  Servicing my customer Wal Mart.  The kid had issues.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: July 14, 2017, 05:22:19 AM »
Something I found irritating yesterday.

I go to walmart to get my tires put on. I just needed my rear tires but on, they are size 245, my front tires are 225. I had my spare on in the right rear tire, the spare is also 225 because if you needed to put it in front it'll fit unlike the 245, which would rub. My original rear is in my trunk.

I explain this to the walmart techs and then I go to get dinner in the same plaza, I told them to call me with any questions. I come back and hour later and the front of my car is jacked up, I go outside. The three guys look like they are trying to solve a calc equation, they see me and explain to me that I have two different tire sizes on my car. I said I know, I explained to them what was going on and also repeated that the door jamb shows all the tire sizes you can have on the vehicle and where they can go.

I waited another hour, supervising their work.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #859 on: July 14, 2017, 06:36:58 AM »
I hate that kind of stuff; they're supposed to know more than me about that kind of thing, and yet...

I can also imagine those guys later on... "So some dipshit comes in with two different size tires.  Fuckin' moron!"   No, chap, not hardly.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #860 on: July 14, 2017, 07:03:44 AM »
I went to Costco yesterday to get two new rears put on as well. They told me it'd take 45 minutes. I show up an hour and a half later and my car is still on the lift with no one around it. All the techs are standing off in a corner watching some video on a phone and talking about some upcoming fight. I was livid.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: July 14, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
Had 4 people call out of work last night. There are 4 shifts. One of them, our night lead, decided to take 2 days off to go camping. Another guy was sick. With what? Don't know. Didn't talk to him. Another called and told me she was really sick, but came in to work half a shift to help out. Last person tried to call out because his leg hurt.

Really people? I literally no voice. I spent an hour making phone calls last night and still came in today. I'd have every right to call in sick (which I've only done 2x this year... both times I could barely get out of bed).

I had a talk with my night lead and basically told him this shit needs to stop. Yes he kinda found someone to work in his place (on overtime), it sets a shit example. Our head supervisor does this shit, but I am going to start writing people up who do it, and will put my supervisor on check with HIS boss, because this is just bullshit.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #862 on: July 14, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
Jay, it's what I deal with all the time.  People are not responsible . 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #863 on: July 14, 2017, 01:23:13 PM »
Like I get being sick. I gotta give the girl who still came in while sick kudos. But these other people? Come on! If we weren't always short staffed, I'd be pushing to get rid of a lot of these people.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #864 on: July 14, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »
I am so short staffed but i just fired a guy because of, well, everything.  A poison to the group.  That's why you are better off counseling them.  Send a message for the others who are good workers and show up.  It's not fair to them that they get away because the company is short staffed.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #865 on: July 14, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »
My problem is it's hard for employees to take it seriously when the lead is doing it was well as our head supervisor. Out of the 4 "supervisors" (Post Supervisor, Assistant Post Sup - me, 2 leads), the only people who are here on time and what not are myself and a lead. They set a horrid example.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #866 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:41 PM »
He should be written up.  Then the next time he pulls that, suspend him.  His boss needs to take care of that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #867 on: July 14, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »
Next time I have a convo with the owner of the company, I will bring it up.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #868 on: July 16, 2017, 05:50:48 PM »
My uncle and I were chatting today, and I don't know how it came up but for the first time ever in my life I learned from my uncle that my grandfather tried to push my mother into aborting me back in the day.

Me and my grandfather have always been cool, so it came as quite the surprise.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #869 on: July 16, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »
Try not to take that personally.  I know it hurts but I bet at the time,  your mom wasn't in a strong place for a child. 

WHY THE HE'LL WOULD TOUR UNCLE TELL YOU THAT?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #870 on: July 16, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
Try not to take that personally.   

Definitely.

WHY THE HE'LL HELL WOULD TOUR UNCLE TELL YOU THAT?!

No kidding!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #871 on: July 16, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »
I agree with those guys in that I would not hold that against your grandfather at all.

On the flip side, your uncle sounds like a real piece of work.  What was the point in telling you that?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #872 on: July 16, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »
It was a very deep conversation since I was basically asking about my father and why he abandoned me. My uncle was 17 when I was born so he was there to witness my mom dating my dad. And he's always been honest with me and I knew that he would give me the truth of what happened. 

My mom always told me that my dad was a piece of shit and he just left before I was born. I had heard a little bit of this from my grandmother, but it was confirmed today by my uncle that my father tried to marry my mom, tried to create a family but was told to fuck off by my mom since he didn't make enough money to satisfy her and his job as a truck driver also did not have enough status to satisfy her. After months of trying to see me, he eventually just gave up. My grandmother did tell me this 10 years ago and at age 20 I did track my dad down so I could meet him, since I was now under the impression that it wasn't all his fault and that one and only day I spent with my father was the worst day of my life, and I will leave it at that.

My mother was 20 when she had me and she is a selfish, bi-polar, narcissistic, schizophrenic, pathological liar with a victim complex who acts like a spoiled 50 year old teenager. I haven't said a word to her since I was 18, but anyway my grandfather was a drunk, degenerate gambler who used to beat the shit out of my grandmother to the point where she tried to kill herself multiple times and I found out today actual spent time in a psychiatric hospital stemming from a nervous breakdown due to the abuse. Now, I saw my my grandparents have some nasty fights, but I never once saw things on the level of before I was born, but I believe my grandmother and uncle regarding what went down. My grandfather by the point of my birth was not drinking anymore and was pretty much not coming home anymore anyway. But after today, I know that the lead up to my birth, my grandfather was lobbying for the abortion, but my grandmother was able to convince him otherwise and pretty much saved my life.

Cut to present day and basically why this all came up is that my grandmother is dying in my living room on hospice which is why my uncle is up and staying with us and we just had a long conversation about the past and he just gave me full disclosure, which I ultimately appreciate, despite it being some heavy duty shit.

So yeah...

TL:DR   This aint no fairy tale world

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #873 on: July 16, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »
WOW!!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #874 on: July 16, 2017, 08:47:59 PM »
Wow Phoenix, I don't think I could put together words appropriate enough for that post, that is some pretty heavy stuff.