Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 308130 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4900 on: April 08, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
Now that's someone you should shame on Social Media and get cancel cultured.    :biggrin:

I do hope you complained about her. Because that's not her job to scold people.

Let's not compound one wrong with another.   File a formal complaint against the employee with the department/department supervisor.   This isn't an issue for social media and the bullies that reside therein.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4901 on: April 08, 2021, 01:17:16 PM »
I wound up talking to someone an hour later who was able to help me and fix my issues within literally minutes. Not just fixed but released funds I was waiting for, and pushed my extension up so it was approved TODAY.  I told her about the previous chick and was going to ask her how to file a complaint, but she was so awesome and down to earth that I actually forgot. It's amazing how different people are in the same customer service job.

The problem with the CA Unemployment Dept right now is their lack of training. When Covid hit, they wound up mass hiring people who could only answer basic questions and put you on a list to get a call from someone who knows what they're doing. At some point they transitioned those people, who never got fully trained, into the main phone line... So you have a 50/50 chance, when you actually get through, to speak with someone who knows anything. Then you have to convince them to transfer you up to the next level. It's a shit show.

Now for today's complaint.

Dick cops.

Girlfriend just got another cell phone ticket. The last one was bullshit but understandable but this one was completely uncalled for.

Basically while driving, her phone fell from the center console and landed down by her pedals. She used her left hand to pull it up my the charger, so it doesn't get stuck behind her pedals... And a cop pulled her over. Literally told her "yes I know you weren't using your phone. But you'll need to explain it to the judge"

She just now, an hour later, saw the same cop writing a ticket at the same spot. Seems like he's being a dick to be a dick.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4902 on: April 08, 2021, 02:39:05 PM »
Now that's someone you should shame on Social Media and get cancel cultured.    :biggrin:

I do hope you complained about her. Because that's not her job to scold people.

Let's not compound one wrong with another.   File a formal complaint against the employee with the department/department supervisor.   This isn't an issue for social media and the bullies that reside therein.

That was the joke. Hence the   :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4903 on: April 08, 2021, 02:42:53 PM »
I wound up talking to someone an hour later who was able to help me and fix my issues within literally minutes. Not just fixed but released funds I was waiting for, and pushed my extension up so it was approved TODAY.  I told her about the previous chick and was going to ask her how to file a complaint, but she was so awesome and down to earth that I actually forgot. It's amazing how different people are in the same customer service job.

The problem with the CA Unemployment Dept right now is their lack of training. When Covid hit, they wound up mass hiring people who could only answer basic questions and put you on a list to get a call from someone who knows what they're doing. At some point they transitioned those people, who never got fully trained, into the main phone line... So you have a 50/50 chance, when you actually get through, to speak with someone who knows anything. Then you have to convince them to transfer you up to the next level. It's a shit show.

Now for today's complaint.

Dick cops.

Girlfriend just got another cell phone ticket. The last one was bullshit but understandable but this one was completely uncalled for.

Basically while driving, her phone fell from the center console and landed down by her pedals. She used her left hand to pull it up my the charger, so it doesn't get stuck behind her pedals... And a cop pulled her over. Literally told her "yes I know you weren't using your phone. But you'll need to explain it to the judge"

She just now, an hour later, saw the same cop writing a ticket at the same spot. Seems like he's being a dick to be a dick.

Yup. And they use the law against you by saying "Tell it to the judge"...yet, will that dick cop even show up to court. Or would the judge just throw it away....
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4904 on: April 08, 2021, 09:20:37 PM »
Jay, what was the citation for? Using her phone? How did she end up getting pulled over in the first place?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4905 on: April 09, 2021, 05:09:32 AM »
If the law in CA is anything like it is up here, just touching your device can land you a ticket.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4906 on: April 09, 2021, 05:58:36 AM »
If the law in CA is anything like it is up here, just touching your device can land you a ticket.

Pretty sure it's exactly the same here too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4907 on: April 09, 2021, 07:22:58 AM »

Pretty sure it's exactly the same here too.

Same here.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4908 on: April 09, 2021, 07:43:22 AM »
The phone laws are pretty strict and also a mandatory court appearance here in NJ, however, according to my cop friend, he's very anti giving phone tickets because of how tough the laws are.  Having said that, there's always that one guy on the force who's a total stickler to the rules and likes to use that power.  It's unfortunate you ran into such a cop, but sadly, that's life.  I'm not even sure you can explain it to a judge.  Hopefully the cop just doesn't show up but if he's the stickler type, I expect he will.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4909 on: April 09, 2021, 08:40:11 AM »
The phone laws are pretty strict and also a mandatory court appearance here in NJ, however, according to my cop friend, he's very anti giving phone tickets because of how tough the laws are.  Having said that, there's always that one guy on the force who's a total stickler to the rules and likes to use that power.  It's unfortunate you ran into such a cop, but sadly, that's life.  I'm not even sure you can explain it to a judge.  Hopefully the cop just doesn't show up but if he's the stickler type, I expect he will.

The funny thing is. That happened to me with my DWI case. The cop that pulled me over and did the police report never showed up. The officer who didn't, but was there, did show up, but they couldn't do anything because he didn't file a police report himself.

So they dismissed and off my merry way I went. Which then shows me how easily people can get away with things because cops do not show up. And hopefully, not because their are a lack of officers to meet the lawbreaking demand, or were needed elsewhere or caught in a situation. Life happens. And I am sure, cops do not want to be in that courtroom either.

It also, shows, money talks and by this I mean...Having money for a good lawyer is the money talking.

But, yeah. Our phone laws here are there, but not really enforced. Which isn't the problem much at all here. So, it's probably why it's not enforced as much, if at all...

And Jay....what your girlfriend is supposed to do is pull over and park. It's stupid, but the reason for it is being a driving hazard trying to pick stuff up, your eyes are not focused on the road. Also, was she weaving while doing it? Or did the cop just pass by and happen to see her with a phone in hand?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:46:58 AM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4910 on: April 09, 2021, 09:10:47 AM »

Cal. Vehicle Code section 23123(a):  "A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving."

Cal. Vehicle Code section 23123.5(a):  "A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while holding and operating a handheld wireless telephone or an electronic wireless communications device unless the wireless telephone or electronic wireless communications device is specifically designed and configured to allow voice-operated and hands-free operation, and it is used in that manner while driving."

In both cases, the emphasis is mine.

Jay, which section was she cited for?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4911 on: April 09, 2021, 03:22:51 PM »
So many responses :JayOctavarium:

From what I understand, it fell while she was stopping at a light, she fished it out, and had it in her hand, facing away from her, screen off, when the light turned green, so she held on to it to keep it from falling again until she could get to a point where she could stash it somewhere safe. The officer was at the intersection (and was still sitting there writing tickets several hours later from what she saw later).

I haven't seen the specific vehicle code she was cited for.

She got a ticket a few months ago for something similar. Pulled up to a red light, picked her phone up, glanced down at it to make sure it was charging, and set it down on the passenger seat (because it was rattling around in the cup holder before) and a cop sitting next to her at the light wrote her a ticket.

Dude also made fun of her for wearing a mask and refused to put one on himself.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4912 on: April 09, 2021, 04:52:01 PM »

From what I understand, it fell while she was stopping at a light, she fished it out, and had it in her hand, facing away from her, screen off, when the light turned green, so she held on to it to keep it from falling again until she could get to a point where she could stash it somewhere safe. The officer was at the intersection (and was still sitting there writing tickets several hours later from what she saw later).

She got a ticket a few months ago for something similar. Pulled up to a red light, picked her phone up, glanced down at it to make sure it was charging, and set it down on the passenger seat (because it was rattling around in the cup holder before) and a cop sitting next to her at the light wrote her a ticket.

This all seems like a ripe example of the letter of the law missing the spirit of the law.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4913 on: April 11, 2021, 05:43:59 PM »
Another tax-related entry:

I finished my returns today and efiled them.  Within an hour, I got an email that the IRS has rejected my return.  Why did this happen?

Turns out my almost 19yo son filed a tax return (unnecessarily since he earned less than $800 in 2020) and clicked "no" to the question about whether someone else can claim you as a dependent.  As a result of this, he received $50 from the State of California and is scheduled to receive $1,800 from the feds (not quite sure why - some sort of credit).

So now, he has to file an amended return and pay back the $1,800 + $50.  Hopefully this will then allow me to file electronically (otherwise, I'll have to submit paper returns for the first time in a LONG time).  Fortunately, the feds extended the filing deadline to mid-May.

We're having a good chuckle about this, but it's definitely mildly annoying.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4914 on: April 12, 2021, 12:59:36 PM »
Honestly this is a good example of why public schools should really teach a class on the basics of income taxes. I didn't know shit until I was 22 and fucked up my withholdings from my first full time job. I was talking to an 18 yr old semi recently who literally had no idea how any of it works. It's mind blowing, but I guess it's also tied into companies lobbying to keep things complicated to keep people coming to them and paying them to do it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #4915 on: April 12, 2021, 01:24:49 PM »

Yeah, that would have earned him a formal complaint from me and he has to give you his name and badge number on the citation so you know exactly who you're complaining about and at which precinct to lodge the complaint.  This is the exact reason I have a 360 degree dash cam.  If/when I get pulled over you better smile for the fucking camera, because you will be recorded in 1080p hi definition with dolby sound so sensitive I can hear an ant fart on the road underneath the car. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4916 on: April 12, 2021, 01:28:40 PM »
Honestly this is a good example of why public schools should really teach a class on the basics of income taxes. I didn't know shit until I was 22 and fucked up my withholdings from my first full time job. I was talking to an 18 yr old semi recently who literally had no idea how any of it works. It's mind blowing, but I guess it's also tied into companies lobbying to keep things complicated to keep people coming to them and paying them to do it.

He hasn't admitted it, but what I think happened is that a friend of his (whose employment situation I don't know) filed and got the $1,800 (which I've since figured out has something to do with the stimulus payments), so my son decided, "hey, why not?"  He actually told me when he did it, and I asked him about the the "can someone else claim you" question, and he told me that he thought he answered in the affirmative.  Obviously, when my return got rejected, I knew he had not.  He already received the $50 from the state and, according to the IRS website, he's going to receive the $1,800 later this week.  Once that happens, he'll amend and pay the money back, and that will allow me to file as usual.

His economics class as a senior in high school had a lot of personal finance components, but I don't think this is the sort of thing that could have been helped by any class.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4917 on: April 12, 2021, 01:30:49 PM »
I always thought it'd be advantageous to combine algebra with a "finances of life" course. Both overlap constantly, and it'd be a really tangible way to associate the math lessons with real world applications.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4918 on: April 12, 2021, 01:42:51 PM »

Yeah, that would have earned him a formal complaint from me and he has to give you his name and badge number on the citation so you know exactly who you're complaining about and at which precinct to lodge the complaint.  This is the exact reason I have a 360 degree dash cam.  If/when I get pulled over you better smile for the fucking camera, because you will be recorded in 1080p hi definition with dolby sound so sensitive I can hear an ant fart on the road underneath the car. 

I pushed and pushed for her to do so. I have a friend who works for the sheriff's dept, and this friend's stepmother (whom I've met dozens of times) actually works for that office (city's Police services are contracted to the sheriff's dept)... And they both agreed and even send me a link to the complaint form, but my gf was legitimately afraid of retaliation... And didn't even take it to the judge to fight it due to that fear and Covid fears.

This new ticket will be brought before a judge though. Depending on the judge, it may get thrown out completely. Especially since none of the info on the ticket is legible and it still hasn't shown up in the court's online system... We think there's something fishy about it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4919 on: April 12, 2021, 01:56:59 PM »
I always thought it'd be advantageous to combine algebra with a "finances of life" course. Both overlap constantly, and it'd be a really tangible way to associate the math lessons with real world applications.

Since I have a recently-graduated kid and one who'll be starting her senior year in the fall, I've had this discussion a lot lately.  California requires two years of math to graduate, and I think it's a good idea for kids to take math through geometry.  The problem is that a large majority of kids follow the University of California/California State University admission standards when selecting their classes.  Those standards require three years of math and "strongly recommend" four years.  In my opinion, basic algebra and geometry are things that everyone uses in adult life (even without knowing it).  However any math beyond that is unnecessary unless you're a math/science/engineering major.  My daughter is really smart but not mathematically inclined.  Nevertheless, she did well enough in 8th grade algebra to take geometry as a freshman and algebra 2 as a sophomore.  More than enough math for her, but she signed up for "advanced math/trig" this year.  It was the only class in which she struggled, so she dropped it at the end of the first semester.  I find it annoying that the UC/CSU standards cause so many kids who won't sniff a STEM career to take advanced math classes in which many of them struggle.  My kids' school does offer a one semester personal finance class, but I'd be down for making that part of the math curriculum so everyone gets to take it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4920 on: April 12, 2021, 02:12:02 PM »

Since I have a recently-graduated kid and one who'll be starting her senior year in the fall, I've had this discussion a lot lately.  California requires two years of math to graduate, and I think it's a good idea for kids to take math through geometry.  The problem is that a large majority of kids follow the University of California/California State University admission standards when selecting their classes.  Those standards require three years of math and "strongly recommend" four years.  In my opinion, basic algebra and geometry are things that everyone uses in adult life (even without knowing it).  However any math beyond that is unnecessary unless you're a math/science/engineering major.  My daughter is really smart but not mathematically inclined.  Nevertheless, she did well enough in 8th grade algebra to take geometry as a freshman and algebra 2 as a sophomore.  More than enough math for her, but she signed up for "advanced math/trig" this year.  It was the only class in which she struggled, so she dropped it at the end of the first semester.  I find it annoying that the UC/CSU standards cause so many kids who won't sniff a STEM career to take advanced math classes in which many of them struggle.  My kids' school does offer a one semester personal finance class, but I'd be down for making that part of the math curriculum so everyone gets to take it.

While I do kind of thing some knowledge of calculus can be used in real life (also without realizing it) I do pretty much agree and maybe a "real life math - taxes, accounting, etc" seems like a good idea and if it's focused on the math of it enough, should count as a math class.  Also, other options like statistics and logic should count and may be more useful for the average adult.  But then again, I'm sure school budget and many other factors get in the way of offering so many courses.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4921 on: April 15, 2021, 08:26:20 AM »
Honestly, it's probably helpful enough just to RELATE calculus and algebra to real life.   I can't tell you how many times I've been figuring things - the ballisters on my deck; hanging pictures (and getting the spaces between to be the same); putting down flooring in the bedroom... hell, even helping my kid build Legos - and algebra comes in and they don't even realize it. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4922 on: April 15, 2021, 09:36:42 AM »
Honestly, it's probably helpful enough just to RELATE calculus and algebra to real life.   I can't tell you how many times I've been figuring things - the ballisters on my deck; hanging pictures (and getting the spaces between to be the same); putting down flooring in the bedroom... hell, even helping my kid build Legos - and algebra comes in and they don't even realize it.

A lot of those real life situations were taught too...They were called the critical thinking or problem solving questions on the math textbook.

But, the teachers wouldn't usually do those problems, they'd leave those for the advanced math students. Which I was in.

I honestly think Physics is more important than math. Because Physics is Physical Reality and helps me a lot with determining distance, speed, and energy, I always use it when driving.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4923 on: April 15, 2021, 09:44:31 AM »

A lot of those real life situations were taught too...They were called the critical thinking or problem solving questions on the math textbook.

But, the teachers wouldn't usually do those problems, they'd leave those for the advanced math students. Which I was in.

I honestly think Physics is more important than math. Because Physics is Physical Reality and helps me a lot with determining distance, speed, and energy, I always use it when driving.

I've never taken physics, or anything even remotely related to it. In 17 years of driving, I've had one accident which consisted of a truck's brakes failing and me getting rear ended while sitting stopped at the end of a highway off-ramp. You can be a great driver without being taught physics.

On the flippity flip, I have about 12+ bills due every month and a life full of financial unknowns, and the country as a whole has $1.7T in student loan debt. I don't think kids not being taught physics is the problem. You cannot survive in the adult world if you can't grasp math and basic algebra.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:49:47 AM by Chino »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4924 on: April 15, 2021, 09:48:54 AM »

I've never taken physics, or anything even remotely related to it. In 17 years of driving, I've had one accident which consisted of a truck's brakes failing and me getting rear ended while sitting stopped at the end of a highway off-ramp. You can be a great driver without being taught physics.

On the flippity flip, I have about 12+ bills due every month and a life full of financial unknowns, and the country as a whole has $1.7T in student loan debt. I don't think kids not being taught physics is the problem.

It does help with not just driving. But everything in life, you can determine things based off an observation.

I'm not saying you'll be the best driver ever because you know physics. I am saying it helps.

And some people do not get the idea of ..You go fast, turn to sharp and the car does a nice gymnastics tumble. It's fascinating seeing how cars end up in accidents due to physics.

Tow Truck people have to use it to help vehicles in difficult situations like if a vehicle was hanging on a ledge.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4925 on: April 15, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »
That tow truck drive is not doing physics. He might be applying principles of physics based off experience (like me using a shovel in the garden), but I'd bet my left nut and my house that he's not doing physics. He's a tow truck driver. He needs to know math. "Does this vehicle exceed the weight my winch is rated for and will I clear overpasses once the vehicle is on the bed?". That's what that guy needs to know.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4926 on: April 15, 2021, 09:56:12 AM »
You cannot survive in the adult world if you can't grasp math and basic algebra.

And you cannot understand physics without math.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4927 on: April 15, 2021, 10:01:55 AM »

Well...in a sense, physics is applied math, so I don't think you can separate the two.

What I don't understand is why, of the three primary sciences taught in high school, the most commonly taken class is biology, while physics is the least common.  Physics was my favorite class in high school (which, of course, had a lot to do with the teacher).  I took chemistry as a junior and physics as a senior and never took biology.  I almost skated through nearly 12 years of undergrad classes without taking a biology class, but I did take a marine biology class (which included a lab component that I really enjoyed -- primarily because it mostly involved going to the beach and other wetland areas).  I don't get why biology is treated almost as if it is a required class.  Physics certainly has more practical application.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4928 on: April 15, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »

Well...in a sense, physics is applied math, so I don't think you can separate the two.

What I don't understand is why, of the three primary sciences taught in high school, the most commonly taken class is biology, while physics is the least common.  Physics was my favorite class in high school (which, of course, had a lot to do with the teacher).  I took chemistry as a junior and physics as a senior and never took biology.  I almost skated through nearly 12 years of undergrad classes without taking a biology class, but I did take a marine biology class (which included a lab component that I really enjoyed -- primarily because it mostly involved going to the beach and other wetland areas).  I don't get why biology is treated almost as if it is a required class.  Physics certainly has more practical application.

I think because Physics is more difficult, people will choose the path of least resistance.  Not that biology isn't tough or can't be tough, but physics is a lot of math and a lot of people from what I remember in high school, would choose to avoid that if possible.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4929 on: April 15, 2021, 12:43:52 PM »

I think because Physics is more difficult, people will choose the path of least resistance.  Not that biology isn't tough or can't be tough, but physics is a lot of math and a lot of people from what I remember in high school, would choose to avoid that if possible.

That explains it from the student perspective (and I agree) but not the school perspective.  My kids (first year in college and HS junior) attend(ed) a school where biology isn't required but it treated as if it is (in ways that aren't worth explaining).  Maybe it's just that school....

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4930 on: April 16, 2021, 10:01:42 AM »
It’s SNOWING today! WTF?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4931 on: April 20, 2021, 10:49:09 PM »
So

We booked 3 cabins at Getaway House (company that does mini cabin rentals at locations just outside of big cities around the US) for next week for my birthday, for myself and a few friends.

Booked a month ago.

Received an email today saying that we won't be allowed to use the fire pits due to a state wide No Burn Order. Strange... This order is news to me. I do some research, check the state website, check the site for the Nat'l Forest the place is on, and even called the Fire Dept who's jurisdiction it resides in. Nothing. All the fire dept said is they suggest I get a campfire permit from the state (which I did).

My girlfriend then sent Getaway House an email, asking what was going on.

It comes out. There isn't a ban. They just don't have a permit to allow fires. They are a private business, and haven't had a permit from the county since Sept of last year.

So... Instead of mentioning it when booking (mind you my girlfriend had many email conversations with them before booking, since we were booking 3 cabins), they wait until a week before the booking to tell us, and with a lie at that.

The issue isn't the fact that we can't have fires. Living in California, I totally understand, and I've been watching weather patterns and what not in anticipation of this trip. It's the fact that they flat out lied about it. The woman who responded to the email assured us that "we will still enjoy our trip" and recommended we bring a propane stove.

Wouldn't be an issue... If it wasn't literally a week before the booking. Their original costumer service gesture as an apology was the refund us $50. That's... Nothing compared to what the booking costs plus the prep we've put into it (wood and fire related things being some of the prep). After raising a little more hell, someone higher up got involved and actually gave us 5 nights worth of credit for future stays (essentially a credit covering what we booked originally). That's awesome, but now we are all scrambling to find solutions. There's 5 of us. It's cold. We don't all fit in one cabin to hang out (the whole point of us going is to spend time together after a year apart).

Is it that hard for a company to be direct about shit? How many people have they lied to about there being a burn ban, instead of just fessing up about not having the permits?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4932 on: April 21, 2021, 04:52:09 AM »
That fucking blows man.  Seems pretty shifty of them - as though they intentionally didn't disclose it, cuz they knew you'd like not book with them.  Why don't they have a permit?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4933 on: April 21, 2021, 06:59:45 AM »
Why don't they have a permit?

It costs money most likely.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4934 on: April 21, 2021, 09:47:26 AM »
Why don't they have a permit?

It costs money most likely.

And liability/insurance concerns.