Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 304939 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4690 on: December 22, 2020, 02:29:07 AM »
I thought most people felt the same way about that song.

I really don't like hearing the same 5 songs in every single shop you go into for an entire month.

Imagine if you had to hear the same five songs about it being your birthday every day for an entire month and all day on your birthday every year.  :sadpanda:

I really think it's time they retired all Christmas songs recorded before 2000. Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder have enough fuckin money now.

Noddy Holder reportedly gets £500,000 every single year from that one song. He doesn't need any more.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4691 on: December 22, 2020, 06:58:13 AM »
I just heard this song and I thought is come post in this thread.

There are very few songs I hate. There is stuff I'm not into and don't listen but Paul McCartney Wonderful Christmastime is so grating and irritating. I don't know why but that song just makes my blood boil. I realize how crazy that sounds but I just can't help it.

I'm a McCartney fanboy (I went through a boot of Let It Be and snipped out all the song snippets to put on my iPod; I did the same for his live releases in Moscow and NYC to get the full concert with between song banter) and yet I hate that song too.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4692 on: December 22, 2020, 07:01:07 AM »
I thought most people felt the same way about that song.

I really don't like hearing the same 5 songs in every single shop you go into for an entire month.

Imagine if you had to hear the same five songs about it being your birthday every day for an entire month and all day on your birthday every year.  :sadpanda:

I really think it's time they retired all Christmas songs recorded before 2000. Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder have enough fuckin money now.

Noddy Holder reportedly gets £500,000 every single year from that one song. He doesn't need any more.

Since it's relevant to the thread title, I find this irritating.  I hate that idea that someone thinks they can tell someone else, whom they've never met, never spoken to, and know next to nothing about, what they "need", and what they've had "enough of". 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4693 on: December 22, 2020, 07:04:19 AM »
Being exhausted all the time.  I wake up and I'm still gassed. The stress from work is real.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4694 on: December 22, 2020, 07:08:39 AM »
Being exhausted all the time.  I wake up and I'm still gassed. The stress from work is real.

Will you at least get a break come the new year?   

What's stressful for me is dealing with the COVID in the house.  It's HARD to get a 12-year-old to consistently hold to protocols.   He was exposed to his grandmother and now we know he was exposed to his step mom, so we're expecting his dad to be positive at some point too.   We're trying but it's literally being aware 24-7, and you know how 12-year-old boys are about "focus" and "discipline". 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4695 on: December 22, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »
No.  The Distribution Center is so far behind it's put us behind.  As an example we have a threshold.  The combination of pallet trailers to sort through and box trailers to sort though.  The threshold is 40 trailers.  Right now we are combined at 199.  5 times over the threshold.  the yard is so much over capacity that most of the trailers are buried behind 6 plus trailers.  It's n0t a good time here right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4696 on: December 22, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »
Goddamn.  Be safe, man. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4697 on: December 22, 2020, 08:13:04 AM »
I'm the manager.  It's more of the stress of the counts and what to do to get them down.  Add Wal Mart so out of control it affects our business.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4698 on: December 22, 2020, 09:03:30 AM »

I'm always tired at the moment. Winter just makes me super depressed. Sometimes I don't sleep great and if i wake up two hours before my alarm - I just get up instead of lying awake.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4699 on: December 22, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »

I'm always tired at the moment. Winter just makes me super depressed. Sometimes I don't sleep great and if i wake up two hours before my alarm - I just get up instead of lying awake.

Add the Covid as well.  I just found out my brother's lab partner has Covid. My brother is getting tested today.  That puts Christmas get together in jeopardy.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4700 on: December 22, 2020, 09:15:55 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(  All the best King. xx

I am going to Dads for Christmas Day. I live on my own and there's 5 of them - and they never leave the house if they don't have to. Plus the kids have been off school for around two weeks

and have stayed at home the whole time ( they live on a farm in the countryside ) - so we should all be ok for the 25th. :)

I wear a face covering if i'm not indoors at all times. It has the added benefit of keeping my face warm too... I've actually gotten used to how it feels on me

and sometimes even forget it's there. :dunno: It doesn't bother me in the least. F those people who don't wear one out of pride and endanger everyone around them.

We're gonna have my Grandad there too and he lives alone and never goes out also.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4701 on: December 22, 2020, 10:24:45 AM »

Add the Covid as well.  I just found out my brother's lab partner has Covid. My brother is getting tested today.  That puts Christmas get together in jeopardy.

We're in that "testing limbo" too; the problem is, TECHNICALLY, even a negative after, say, four or five days from exposure, they're saying you're not out of the woods.  It can incubate anywhere in the 2 to 14 day range; so a negative test after 5 days is really only for contact tracing, not overall "out of the woods".   My stepson was exposed as recently as Friday or Saturday, and we have two negative tests so far (Sunday and today) but that's not really the final word, it seems.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4702 on: December 23, 2020, 12:39:51 PM »
Probably more than mildly, but nothing I ordered for Christmas is going to get here before Christmas. A few things were ordered last month and shipped shortly after. One set of items were handed off the to USPS by UPS on the 13th for delivery on the 17th. USPS says they are still waiting on it. Still says expected delivery is the 17th. For 10 days now that package has been about 40 miles away.

Another item is lost, as far as I can tell. Took 4 days to get from Minnesota to Iowa. Sat for 3 days in Iowa. That was supposed to be delivered days ago. USPS can't even tell me where it is or when it is getting here. They gave up on a delivery date guess. Another package has been sitting in New York since the 18th with no sign of movement.

Merry Christmas, one and all!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline romdrums

« Reply #4703 on: December 23, 2020, 01:45:20 PM »
Probably more than mildly, but nothing I ordered for Christmas is going to get here before Christmas. A few things were ordered last month and shipped shortly after. One set of items were handed off the to USPS by UPS on the 13th for delivery on the 17th. USPS says they are still waiting on it. Still says expected delivery is the 17th. For 10 days now that package has been about 40 miles away.

Another item is lost, as far as I can tell. Took 4 days to get from Minnesota to Iowa. Sat for 3 days in Iowa. That was supposed to be delivered days ago. USPS can't even tell me where it is or when it is getting here. They gave up on a delivery date guess. Another package has been sitting in New York since the 18th with no sign of movement.

The situation with the USPS right now is terrible.  I've seen pictures of our local facilities and it's just boxes everywhere.  Between coronavirus wreaking havoc with their staffing, the sheer volume of packages being shipped right now, and the "changes" implemented this summer, they're just screwed. Fed Ex and UPS are barely holding it together right now as well, though they are doing better than the USPS. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4704 on: December 23, 2020, 05:28:23 PM »
I had my first of 3 dental surgeries 12 days ago and these sutures that are supposed to dissolved haven't yet. They have become loose and now I anytime I chew and bite on one it I feel it tugging on my gums. Quite unsettling, I think I may try cutting them out myself.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4705 on: December 24, 2020, 07:52:01 AM »

As of 10:00 am eastern today (Christmas Eve), I've received exactly half the things I ordered, and with one exception they were all ordered at least two weeks ago (a couple more than that).   Bummer, but at least I'm not the only one in that boat, and it's not a "my dog ate my homework" kind of excuse.   

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4706 on: December 24, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
We ordered everything plenty in advance and have gotten everything but one thing. It was in the same order as a bunch of other stuff that arrived a week or more ago. I fully suspect that as of right now, the USPS has no idea where it is. I wouldn't be surprised if it never shows up.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4707 on: December 24, 2020, 09:36:29 AM »
USPS can suck a bag of monkey dicks.  Something I dropped off with Canada Post as "Expedited USA" shipping on December 7th is still showing no updates since arriving at JFK on December 11th.   >:(
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4708 on: December 24, 2020, 09:41:19 AM »
Yea it seems that USPS really shit the bed this year. There are a few things I'm waiting for close to a month now.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #4709 on: December 24, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »
The USPS caused me to go all digital payments for my bills because I mailed one bill  back in September and it was late causing me to get a late fee. I mailed it in plenty of time.

My ire is not against the USPS in its entirety but rather the postmaster general who in an election year was trying to "streamline" processes - yeah, right.  :yeahright

I just hope that with the new administration that he's NOT asked for his resignation, he's flat out fired.  :tdwn

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4710 on: December 26, 2020, 11:13:45 AM »
 :tdwn :tdwn

---------------

Have you ever wanted to do something really nice for a friend just to be nice - and they've refused to let you do it - and they think they're being kind by refusing your gift / gesture ?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4711 on: December 26, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »
More than midly irrating.

Background: I live in a detached studio (well it's attached to a detached garage) on my best friend's mother's property. There are 2 other units attached to the main house (in which my best friend and his wife , and his sister in law and her husband live in).

The property is next door to my best friend's father's property. They used to own both properties but when they divorced, his mom got this property in the divorce. Our unit is at the front of the property. There's about 6ft of space between our studio and the short chain link fence seperating the property.  There's a large wooden fence that was built along the entire rest of the property line that ends right where out windows begin. So I can sit here and see everything going on in their large driveway next door. And.... They can see everything going on in our studio if we have our windows open.  And... My friends brother, who lives there, who's a fucking asshole (and has been the entire 15 years I've known them), spends a lot of time having parties and shit and hanging out right outside our window. Drinking and smoking pot and what not. I don't mind the pot, except for the fact that it's constantly wofting into our studio.

Anyways.... They've decided to rebuild one of their several motorcycle trailers they have. All weekend last weekend, periodically during the week, and now starting at 9am today... Cutting of wood. Grinding of metal. Welding. All about 6 ft from our window.  Like.... Day 1 when they started grinding, I had to scramble to get the cat out of our open window and shut the blinds because of the welding. It lit up our entire studio. We live on a hill, and their property is higher than ours. Basically if you are on their property and get on your knees, you're eye level with someone standing in our studio...

I mentioned my friends brother being an asshole. He really is. I've dealt with him for half my life. I know talking to him isn't going to do shit. Ironically there's supposed to be a wooden fence seperating us, but the fence was never completed and we've been asking for it to be done for over a year (there's literally a pile of wood for the fence just sitting outside our window.)

This... Is why I hate people.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4712 on: December 26, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »
Aside from the neighbors being assholes in general, I don't know if working on your property at reasonable hours is asshole-ish behavior if it is within reasonable hours.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4713 on: December 26, 2020, 05:37:44 PM »
So wait..laptops do NOT come with disc drives anymore??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4714 on: December 26, 2020, 05:58:56 PM »
Some do, many don't.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4715 on: December 26, 2020, 06:05:39 PM »
Santa brought me a new laptop because mine died a month or so ago. Santa also got me the Distant Memories Blu Ray.

After my son set up my new laptop I figured I'd slip in Distant Memories.

There's no fucking place to put it! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4716 on: December 26, 2020, 06:05:54 PM »

My PC tower didn't even come with a disc drive.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4717 on: December 26, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
Santa brought me a new laptop because mine died a month or so ago. Santa also got me the Distant Memories Blu Ray.

After my son set up my new laptop I figured I'd slip in Distant Memories.

There's no fucking place to put it! :lol

Good Luck finding a Blu-ray player that will play Blu-rays. Well, mine does, but It won't play Redemptions new Blu-Ray Alive In Color.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4718 on: December 26, 2020, 07:01:05 PM »

My PC tower didn't even come with a disc drive.

I used to carry over my disc drive from build to build when I finally realized I don't use it anymore. I don't think I've needed one since the xp days.

I remember getting Fear Innoculum on cd and I was like wait, where the hell do I play this? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4719 on: December 26, 2020, 07:08:19 PM »
OMG I finally figured out how to play Alive In Color now...My god that was frustrating like shit....and to that I say.

Fuck you Microsoft, for making me have to look up how to play Blu-Rays.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4720 on: December 26, 2020, 07:11:51 PM »
Amazon has a $69 Blu Ray external drive but it has shit reviews. The nest one up is $89. I just don' t feel like shelling that much out right now.

I'm kind of aggravated. I guess I'm fucking stupid too. I never thought to say "Gee make sure there's a disc drive in it."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4721 on: December 26, 2020, 08:01:17 PM »
Amazon has a $69 Blu Ray external drive but it has shit reviews. The nest one up is $89. I just don' t feel like shelling that much out right now.

I'm kind of aggravated. I guess I'm fucking stupid too. I never thought to say "Gee make sure there's a disc drive in it."

I have a Pioneer as that is the only one I could find that opens from the top. and not a disc tray.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4722 on: December 26, 2020, 08:02:15 PM »
What's the difference? Does it matter?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4723 on: December 27, 2020, 05:34:50 AM »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 08:15:31 AM by Kotowboy »

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4724 on: December 27, 2020, 05:45:35 AM »
Tim,

Bestbuy has an LG external Blu Ray player on sale for twenty-five bucks.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens