Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 305103 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4445 on: November 16, 2020, 01:16:42 PM »
Gummy bears just f'ing suck. One of the worst candies/snacks ever made. Starburst jelly beans. Now that's legal crack right there.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 01:25:35 PM by The Walrus »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4446 on: November 16, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
Never liked Gummy Bears....Gummy Worms on the other hand, and Gummy Sharks...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4447 on: November 16, 2020, 04:47:40 PM »
I'm trying to think of a non-chocolate candy that I really, really like and coming up dry.  MAYBE liquorice.

Nibs. Are Werthers are a candy?  Oh and of course, these.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4448 on: November 16, 2020, 06:24:11 PM »
^ I have a bowl full of those on the living room table. Mmm...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4449 on: November 17, 2020, 06:41:25 AM »
I'm trying to think of a non-chocolate candy that I really, really like and coming up dry.  MAYBE liquorice.

Nibs. Are Werthers are a candy?  Oh and of course, these.

Are those the things with the vanilla nugget in the center?   I like those. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4450 on: November 17, 2020, 07:27:24 AM »
I ended up buying some of John Petrucci's beard products. Bought the balm and oil, don't need the mustache wax because I keep it trimmed above the lip. Seriously, fuck mustaches. Such a pain. Anyway, $50 for two products with shipping annoyed me. But I hope they're good.  :corn

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4451 on: November 17, 2020, 08:03:19 AM »
It's mildly irritating that I can't grow a beard or mustache, but not even that I can't grow them, but it's fucking annoying that I get little stubble so I have to still shave.  Like how about just no hair grows on my face or all hair?  Why do I have to be stuck with stubble

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4452 on: November 17, 2020, 08:08:53 AM »
I ended up buying some of John Petrucci's beard products. Bought the balm and oil, don't need the mustache wax because I keep it trimmed above the lip. Seriously, fuck mustaches. Such a pain. Anyway, $50 for two products with shipping annoyed me. But I hope they're good.  :corn

I spend $25 for Honest Amish beard oil and Wax.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline romdrums

« Reply #4453 on: November 17, 2020, 08:10:13 AM »

I found it mildly irritating that the CD copy of Terminal Velocity's liner notes is basically a flyer for his beard products.  Like, I didn't hear any notes of sage in any of his guitar playing.  ;)
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4454 on: November 17, 2020, 08:16:55 AM »
It's mildly irritating that I can't grow a beard or mustache, but not even that I can't grow them, but it's fucking annoying that I get little stubble so I have to still shave.  Like how about just no hair grows on my face or all hair?  Why do I have to be stuck with stubble

I'm kind of in the same boat.  I look hot AF after three days of growth, kind of like a Polish Sean Connery, if I say so myself, but after that, I just look like I'm coming off a good week long bender.   My beard just looks like shit after about five days, so then I have to shave, but then it's a chore and I end up with an irritated face.  I tried using an electric razor to keep it at "three days" but that was far too much effort, so... clean-shaven it is. 

I don't know how the kids/celebrities do it, keeping that "casual-but-not-at-all-casual" couple days growth. 

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #4455 on: November 17, 2020, 02:30:06 PM »

I'm kind of in the same boat.  I look hot AF after three days of growth, kind of like a Polish Sean Connery, if I say so myself, but after that, I just look like I'm coming off a good week long bender.   My beard just looks like shit after about five days, so then I have to shave, but then it's a chore and I end up with an irritated face.  I tried using an electric razor to keep it at "three days" but that was far too much effort, so... clean-shaven it is. 

I don't know how the kids/celebrities do it, keeping that "casual-but-not-at-all-casual" couple days growth.

Just like with the Home Improvement maxim, "the right tool for the right job", I think your problem might be the wrong trimmer/clipper.
I buzzcut my own hair, and through expert advice and trial/error, I have the right tools.  It is a separate tool for different jobs....like the 3 day facial hair growth trim.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4456 on: November 17, 2020, 02:38:25 PM »
I feel bad for guys who can't grow a beard. Mine isn't the best, god I have beard envy of some people I know really bad, but I like how mine has come along considering I've never shaved it off and I've been learning as I go the whole time. Got it looking better than ever right now. I'm glad to have a job where I can do whatever I want.

The only bad part is the mustache. Fuck that. Even with wax, I hate having a big bushy mustache. The amount of times I would accidentally bite off a hair, or get it caught in food, or otherwise rip it off somehow, it's so annoying. So I keep it trimmed above the lip.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4457 on: November 18, 2020, 06:27:50 AM »

Just like with the Home Improvement maxim, "the right tool for the right job", I think your problem might be the wrong trimmer/clipper.
I buzzcut my own hair, and through expert advice and trial/error, I have the right tools.  It is a separate tool for different jobs....like the 3 day facial hair growth trim.

I suspect you're right.   I approached it like a 12-year-old boy; I tried once, it didn't work, then gave up!   :)   

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4458 on: November 18, 2020, 09:38:01 AM »

That's pretty much us Native men. We even have memes about it.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4459 on: November 18, 2020, 09:55:03 AM »
Milk Lindt Chocolate Balls > Everything else

Kit Kat, Reeses Fast Breaks, Pretzel M&Ms, and Pay Days get an honorable mention. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4460 on: November 18, 2020, 10:06:45 AM »

Kit Kat, Reeses Fast Breaks, Pretzel M&Ms, and Pay Days get an honorable mention.

Good call!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4461 on: November 18, 2020, 12:22:28 PM »

Good call!

Yes their milk chocolate is excellent, but I actually prefer the dark balls.*

*Served up on a silver platter. OK, go easy on me, boys!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4462 on: November 18, 2020, 12:49:14 PM »

Good call!

Yes their milk chocolate is excellent, but I actually prefer the dark balls.*

*Served up on a silver platter. OK, go easy on me, boys!

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #4463 on: November 19, 2020, 07:43:50 AM »
I grew a beard over the last couple of months. I like it. I had a full goatee for like 10 years, but it was always a pain in the ass shaving and not screwing up things. I find shaving my neck and the upper part of the beard to shape it to be MUCH easier. But I also keep it fairly short too. No huge mammoth thing like Petrucci. Just a neat full beard trimmed down on a 3 mm setting on the clipper. It's gray as hell on the sides now, but that's what happens in your 40s.

Cram, don't be so pissed about facial hair. It sucked when I was younger. I had to start shaving hardcore at 11. I'm one of those hairy Italians who if clean shaven, would have to shave twice a day. It sucks. LOL.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4464 on: November 19, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »
Cram, don't be so pissed about facial hair. It sucked when I was younger. I had to start shaving hardcore at 11. I'm one of those hairy Italians who if clean shaven, would have to shave twice a day. It sucks. LOL.

I'm not pissed that I can't grow a beard, just that I grow stubble really so I still need to take care of it, but get no benefit of being able to do something with it. 

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4465 on: November 19, 2020, 10:00:54 AM »
Cram,

In a couple of decades it will start growing out of your ears and nostrils like rye grass in a cow pasture. If you don't keep it trimmed, it makes your eyes water when you comb your mustache.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4466 on: November 19, 2020, 10:02:33 AM »
Cram,

In a couple of decades it will start growing out of your ears and nostrils like rye grass in a cow pasture. If you don't keep it trimmed, it makes your eyes water when you comb your mustache.

And you'll have a woman point out those hairs in your ears and nostrils.   Oh and if you are like me, my mad scientist eyebrows.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4467 on: November 19, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »
Cram,

And you'll have a woman point out those hairs in your ears and nostrils.   Oh and if you are like me, my mad scientist eyebrows.

Oh, yes...how could I forget about the spider legs hanging over the brim of my glasses.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4468 on: November 19, 2020, 10:08:37 AM »
I spend more time on my eyebrows than I do the rest of the hair on my head. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4469 on: November 19, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
I've taken my reading glasses off and pulled out my eyebrows  lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4470 on: November 19, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »
 :lol

This could be reposted in the fogey thread.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4471 on: November 19, 2020, 10:24:40 AM »
I yelped like a little girl.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4472 on: November 19, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
Cram,

Oh, yes...how could I forget about the spider legs hanging over the brim of my glasses.

How are there certain hairs that get so much longer than all the others hey?  Like WTF?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4473 on: November 19, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »

Cross thread confusion!

Cram,

How are there certain hairs that get so much longer than all the others hey?  Like WTF?

Rite!?!!?  I got hair coming out of all the places I don't, and none of the places I do!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4474 on: November 20, 2020, 07:42:20 AM »
Cram,

And seemingly overnight.  It takes me about 4 years to grow a semblance of a beard, but I'll wake up and find a half an inch hair coming out of my forehead that wasn't there the day before.   :) 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4475 on: November 20, 2020, 07:57:29 AM »
What creeps me out more is that every once in a while I will wake up and find a completely white hair somewhere, usually in my beard. Just one single Casper white hair. You'd think I'd have noticed it the day before, but no, I swear it appears overnight. I don't understand.  :lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4476 on: November 20, 2020, 10:02:33 AM »
I have that issue with wiry hairs in my ears these days. They seemingly sprout overnight. The odd things about getting older...

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4477 on: November 20, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
What irritates me is the public. All I'll say. Some days I swear to god it just goes like this:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4478 on: November 20, 2020, 11:42:45 AM »
Remember the guy that peed on the Zoom call and forgot to mute?

Well, we are on a follow-up session with outside personnel (with whom we're in a dispute, so security is an issues), and we have a concurrent internal Teams session.  SAME GUY, is on both with two devices.  He keeps forgetting to mute them, or unmutes one (say, Teams) when he means to unmute the other.  THEN, there's banging in the background like someone's constructing a skyscraper.  Finally, my boss - who is HIS boss' boss - said "Dude (except he used his real name), one device and leave it on mute.  PLEASE."   

We joined the organization around the same time (him from outside, me an internal transfer) and he's a friend.  But I've moved up a couple spots and he's stayed in the same job; he's asked me what he can do, and I've told him honestly but compassionately that while doing your day job is necessary (he does do good work), you have to also instill confidence in your bosses, and you have to... not make them look good, per se, but make them feel like you're necessary to THEIR success as well as yours.  Pissing on an open Zoom line and not managing BASIC video conference call security measures doesn't do those things. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4479 on: November 22, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
Oh man, I can't wait for chapter 3 of the Saga of Opisseus.  :lol

What irritates me is the start of GnR's UYI2 DVD basically being 20 minutes of solos.