Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307250 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #4410 on: November 13, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »
Honestly sounds like the US, both in terms of assholes abusing businesses but also a defeated homeless person on the streets.  I've never been to the land down under, but I always kind of expect other countries to not be so shitty like the US can be.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4411 on: November 13, 2020, 05:03:28 PM »
Honestly sounds like the US, both in terms of assholes abusing businesses but also a defeated homeless person on the streets.  I've never been to the land down under, but I always kind of expect other countries to not be so shitty like the US can be.

Oh yeah, I know this is the world we live in everywhere, this spectrum is worldwide.  And it's not anywhere near as bad as the US, I think.  Homeless is nothing like it is the US I would imagine.  I guess I don't get out much anymore but it's prevalent and it's happening more and more.  More and more struggling and homeless, and more and more being greedy, selfish and less gracious.  The rich get rich and the poorer gets poorer I guess is the adequate saying. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4412 on: November 13, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »

Oh yeah, I know this is the world we live in everywhere, this spectrum is worldwide.  And it's not anywhere near as bad as the US, I think.  Homeless is nothing like it is the US I would imagine.  I guess I don't get out much anymore but it's prevalent and it's happening more and more.  More and more struggling and homeless, and more and more being greedy, selfish and less gracious.  The rich get rich and the poorer gets poorer I guess is the adequate saying.

I'm with you 1000% on the people looking for a free lunch and an angle.  I'm a little less moved by the homeless having lived in the city (Philly) for five years. It's not insensitivity, it's just seeing behind the curtain a couple too many times to be absolute.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4413 on: November 13, 2020, 05:19:46 PM »

I'm with you 1000% on the people looking for a free lunch and an angle.  I'm a little less moved by the homeless having lived in the city (Philly) for five years. It's not insensitivity, it's just seeing behind the curtain a couple too many times to be absolute.

I haven't seen that many homeless in my life and normally when I do, I use to not have any care, thinking they have done it to themselves with drugs, alcohol, gambling etc.  I've seen a lot down in Sydney but you could tell substance abuse plays a big part.  This guy though didn't look that way.  I could be totally wrong but looked as I said it was simply hard times as opposed to abuse but saying that, here in Australia you have to be pretty fucked up to not be able to have some sort of shelter so there's probably more behind it that I'm not seeing.  Still something about him made me have a lot of empathy.  People walking past homeless I don't judge at all, every man for themselves really, I'm a massive advocate for that, unfortunately.  But I would have happily given him $20 just because.

The bolded part though just shits me to tears.  It gets worse, people simply want everything for nothing.  It's disgraceful.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4414 on: November 13, 2020, 06:39:09 PM »
When left-clicking a link on a web page opens the link in a new tab. If I wanted to open the link in a new tab, then I would have middle-clicked. When I left click, it means I want it to open in the current tab. >:(

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4415 on: November 14, 2020, 01:00:38 AM »
When left-clicking a link on a web page opens the link in a new tab. If I wanted to open the link in a new tab, then I would have middle-clicked. When I left click, it means I want it to open in the current tab. >:(

When the back button just refreshes the page you're on.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4416 on: November 15, 2020, 10:12:01 AM »
heating up food in the microwave for longer than I thought I did, and burning the fuck out of my mouth.    :censored (whoops, too late to censor myself).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #4417 on: November 15, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »
heating up food in the microwave for longer than I thought I did, and burning the fuck out of my mouth.    :censored (whoops, too late to censor myself).

To go along with that, microwaves that heat food unevenly, so that your first bite is the perfect temperature, and then the next either burns the fuck out of your mouth as you say, or it’s so cold it could freeze a mole off.

Everything about today’s grocery shopping trip. It’s while my son is napping, during which I was planning to also rest. It’s Sunday afternoon, so it’s a damn zoo inside, and I don’t have the patience today to wait for inconsiderate people to lolligag through the aisles. I forgot to bring our reusable bags for the 1000th time (Oregon stores by law no longer provide bags unless they’re paper, and they’re a 5¢ tax per bag, which I refuse to cave in to). And it’s friggin’ pouring outside, and since I haven’t bagged my goods, it’ll take 3x as long to bring them in the house all the while I’m getting soaked.

Okay, done bitching now.  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4418 on: November 15, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »
It is possibly more than mildly irritating when someone at the grocery store parks his/her cart to look at something - taking up half of the
 walking space - and then takes up the other half of the walking space by standing there - completely oblivious to folks walking down the aisle.  Is there an epidemic of folks who lack peripheral vision?  Am I the only one who, when pushing a cart in the store, makes sure that I never take up all the walking space (or, if I have to for some reason, pay careful attention to others walking down the aisle?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4419 on: November 15, 2020, 05:48:44 PM »

What's worse; that or 'waving it for longer and digging in.... and it's cold in the center.   :tdwn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4420 on: November 15, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
It is possibly more than mildly irritating when someone at the grocery store parks his/her cart to look at something - taking up half of the
 walking space - and then takes up the other half of the walking space by standing there - completely oblivious to folks walking down the aisle.  Is there an epidemic of folks who lack peripheral vision?  Am I the only one who, when pushing a cart in the store, makes sure that I never take up all the walking space (or, if I have to for some reason, pay careful attention to others walking down the aisle?

I'm with you; to me that's just being considerate.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4421 on: November 15, 2020, 05:54:04 PM »

I'm with you; to me that's just being considerate.

Don't even get me started. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4422 on: November 15, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
I'm staying out of this one.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #4423 on: November 15, 2020, 08:04:18 PM »
I was SO courteous moving my cart out of someone's way today, in fact, that I took out an entire shelf of gummy bears  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4424 on: November 15, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
I was SO courteous moving my cart out of someone's way today, in fact, that I took out an entire shelf of gummy bears  :lol

Let me guess, they just happened to land in your cart? :lol
So courteous.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4425 on: November 16, 2020, 05:37:33 AM »
Since I decided to start eating properly a few years ago - I got rid of my microwave. I literally don't need it for anything.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4426 on: November 16, 2020, 05:57:52 AM »
Do teens online have a hive mind or something ?

I swear I keep seeing some random phrase on twitter or something like once - and then the next day everyone is saying it

like they all instantly know what it means.  :huh:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4427 on: November 16, 2020, 07:06:58 AM »

I swear I keep seeing some random phrase on twitter or something like once - and then the next day everyone is saying it

That's what we call slang, brudda!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4428 on: November 16, 2020, 07:10:24 AM »
Yeah but If one day on twitter I said " I am so boondocked today ! "

Tomorrow everyone would be saying it and everyone would already know what it means etc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4429 on: November 16, 2020, 08:24:17 AM »

It's not just kids; words have a way of propagating; it's documented.    I've been saying it for a while in the P/R thread (though it frequently gets dismissed).   Following Trump's inauguration, "terrified" started making the rounds.    Now it's "unhinged".   You start to see it in clickbait headlines; that's kind of the bellweather that it's reached critical mass and has propagated. 

It's a way of connection, of establishing like minds.   Very powerful.  When people are generally so boondocked in their life, it's a shorthand for finding solidarity.

(I did that just for you!)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4430 on: November 16, 2020, 08:30:39 AM »
SO ENERGY POWAH  :neverusethis:

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4431 on: November 16, 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

So courteous.

:lol :lol :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4432 on: November 16, 2020, 10:07:26 AM »

So courteous.

It took me a while to understand what joke TAC was making, because I ran into the shelf and they went all over the ground, not into my cart, and I don't like gummy bears in the slightest  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4433 on: November 16, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »

So courteous.

It took me a while to understand what joke TAC was making, because I ran into the shelf and they went all over the ground, not into my cart, and I don't like gummy bears in the slightest  :lol

I generally don't either, but every now and then, if there's nothing else available, I'll mow through an entire colony of bears.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4434 on: November 16, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »

So courteous.

I generally don't either, but every now and then, if there's nothing else available, I'll mow through an entire colony of bears.

I'm calling PETA and the local wildlife agency.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4435 on: November 16, 2020, 10:46:50 AM »
 :lol if you ever go to a boutique candy shop that has their own gummy bears, you might change your mind about liking them. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4436 on: November 16, 2020, 11:24:10 AM »
:lol if you ever go to a boutique candy shop that has their own gummy bears, you might change your mind about liking them.

For me, it's the texture.  The flavor is fine.

I'm calling PETA and the local wildlife agency.  :lol

SHHHHH!!!!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4437 on: November 16, 2020, 11:35:39 AM »
I'm trying to think of a non-chocolate candy that I really, really like and coming up dry.  MAYBE liquorice. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4438 on: November 16, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »
Add me to the list of hating gummy bears.  Texture and sweetness.  I'm not a rainbow flavor guy.  Give me chocolate/peanut butter.  That goes with drinks too.  That's why I never liked Mountain Dew ect, compared to Coke and rootbeer.  As Pepsi to my no list.  Too Sweet.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:28:15 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4439 on: November 16, 2020, 12:02:13 PM »
Add me to the list of hating gummy bears.  Text and sweetness.  I'm not a rainbow flavor guy.  Give me chocolate/peanut butter.  That goes with drinks too.  That's why I never liked Mountain Dew ect, compared to Coke and rootbeer.  As Pepsi to my no list.  Too Sweet.

Just the SMELL of some of the shit my kids drink is enough to make me gag.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4440 on: November 16, 2020, 12:13:20 PM »

Take it to The Weed Thread. ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4441 on: November 16, 2020, 12:28:27 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4442 on: November 16, 2020, 12:47:02 PM »
I'm trying to think of a non-chocolate candy that I really, really like and coming up dry.  MAYBE liquorice.

Jolly Ranchers, most flavors of Mentos, Hot Tamales, Starburst, Skittles....  I used to hate all things "liquorice" (or, as we say here in the States, licorice  :)), but I will eat the licorice jelly beans now and then.

Add me to the list of hating gummy bears.  Texture and sweetness.  I'm not a rainbow flavor guy.  Give me chocolate/peanut butter.  That goes with drinks too.  That's why I never liked Mountain Dew ect, compared to Coke and rootbeer.  As Pepsi to my no list.  Too Sweet.

Half Pepsi and half Mountain Dew is killer (gotta be Pepsi; Coke doesn't work)!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4443 on: November 16, 2020, 12:52:08 PM »

Haribo. <3

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4444 on: November 16, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »

Jolly Ranchers, most flavors of Mentos, Hot Tamales, Starburst, Skittles....  I used to hate all things "liquorice" (or, as we say here in the States, licorice  :)), but I will eat the licorice jelly beans now and then.

Half Pepsi and half Mountain Dew is killer (gotta be Pepsi; Coke doesn't work)!

Just too sweet for my tastes.