Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307047 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3885 on: August 12, 2020, 08:13:08 AM »
I love that the deodorant discussion is happening in tandem with the hot dog toppings discussion.

Yeah, sure something to relish. :neverusethis:

Yes, relish with your hot dog  :lol I think you've mentioned your dislike of onions before so I forgot that, but relish on a dog is pretty good but not my goto.  If I go to a BBQ and they don't have spicy mustard but have relish, ill go with it.  Pickles on a burger are fantastic too.  Also washing your undies and using deodorant is always a solid choice

How you so deftly went from hot dog condiments to Kotow's short deodorant is Olympic level.   ;)

Deftly??  I think I've got whiplash!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3886 on: August 12, 2020, 04:56:50 PM »
Kotowboy's Hot Dog Preference !

- Sausage
- Bun
- Fried Red Onions
- Ketchup
- Mustard

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3887 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
Kotowboy's Hot Dog Preference !

- Sausage
- Bun
- Fried Red Onions
- Ketchup
- Mustard

So it's really a sausage preference, no? ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3888 on: August 13, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
As long as we're on the subject:

Natural casing or not?

For me it's the former, exclusively (unless I'm at a sporting event).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3889 on: August 13, 2020, 11:44:58 AM »
I can't have hot dogs now because of the sodium but at home it was always skinless.  Though a place in the town I great up won the best hot dog in america in 1984 I think and it had a casing and was fried in oil.  It was unreal.  Lawton's in Lawrence, Mass was the place.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3890 on: August 13, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
Here's what gets me mildly irritated and happened this morning.  People who come to full stops at the ezpass toll booth. WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3891 on: August 13, 2020, 04:30:16 PM »
Or people that in 2020 still do not have EZ Pass. I've heard the argument about being tracked as if there aren't cameras all over the place anyway.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3892 on: August 13, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
Talk-to-text and folks who use it without proofreading.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3893 on: August 13, 2020, 05:38:52 PM »
Or people that in 2020 still do not have EZ Pass. I've heard the argument about being tracked as if there aren't cameras all over the place anyway.

Ez pass as in the toll payment system? I dont have it here in North carolina because they'll bill your plate. In florida I had one because it gave discounted tolls but I drove through them so infrequently that I only saved a couple of dollars a year.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3894 on: August 13, 2020, 05:43:57 PM »

This doesn't bother me because those people go to their own booth and aren't slowing down traffic.  I mean, I don't get why not have it but at least it doesn't impact me.

Ez pass as in the toll payment system? I dont have it here in North carolina because they'll bill your plate. In florida I had one because it gave discounted tolls but I drove through them so infrequently that I only saved a couple of dollars a year.

Yea, a lot of states it's tied to your place but here in NJ and other states in the NE you use ezpass

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3895 on: August 13, 2020, 05:51:47 PM »
This doesn't bother me because those people go to their own booth and aren't slowing down traffic.

I'd like to share your optimism but the EZ Pass lanes get clogged up by people who can't read/aren't paying attention all the time around me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3896 on: August 13, 2020, 05:55:24 PM »
This doesn't bother me because those people go to their own booth and aren't slowing down traffic.

I'd like to share your optimism but the EZ Pass lanes get clogged up by people who can't read/aren't paying attention all the time around me.

Yea, it happens, but not as often as the ezpass holder who comes to a complete stop that annoys the fuck out of me

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3897 on: August 13, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »
Things I find mildly irritating.... tolls in general. Thats what my taxes are for MOFO.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3898 on: August 13, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »
Things I find mildly irritating.... tolls in general. Thats what my taxes are for MOFO.
No kidding. I'm very glad the upper midwest is pretty much toll free. I get that it kind of makes sense to have the people using the road pay for it, especially when it's mostly out of state people or truckers driving through, but still... What a pain in the ass.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3899 on: August 14, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »
People who stand in shop doorways either looking out or in to the shop unaware of people behind them

trying to get by. 

Or people who march out of shops onto the pavement without checking if anyone is coming.

:facepalm:  basically people with no awareness of anyone around them.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3900 on: August 14, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »

Or people who march out of shops onto the pavement without checking if anyone is coming.

I posted about this many pages back.  It makes me insane.  And THEY seem so shocked when I don't want to stop for THEM....

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3901 on: August 14, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »

One night, post-divorce, my daughter and I had dinner, and we spent the rest of the evening communicating ONLY through talk-to-text with no proofreading.  I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did that night. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3902 on: August 14, 2020, 01:46:55 PM »

One night, post-divorce, my daughter and I had dinner, and we spent the rest of the evening communicating ONLY through talk-to-text with no proofreading.  I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did that night.

I am so guilty of that.  Read my post in the NHL thread.  Chad got me good.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3903 on: August 14, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
HAHAHAHA, I just saw that.  Don't waste that shipload of years!   :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3904 on: August 14, 2020, 01:56:26 PM »
 :lol

Yup  lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3905 on: August 14, 2020, 02:46:37 PM »

I posted about this many pages back.  It makes me insane.  And THEY seem so shocked when I don't want to stop for THEM....

It happens so frequently that it's maddening. It's exactly like pulling out of a junction into oncoming traffic without looking first.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3906 on: August 14, 2020, 02:50:29 PM »
On the subject of people and shops...
One thing that is always hilarious and entertaining is..
Elderly people who literally can't get it in their heads that the shop is *CLOSED*.

---------------

1. They walk up to the door which has a big CLOSED sign on it and try to open it.

2. The door does not open ! What the hell ?!

3. They look through the window at the EMPTY shop with all the lights OFF.

4. They try the door again. Maybe this time it will be open!

5. Nope ! I don't understand!

6.Maybe looking through the window again will help ?

7. It didn't ! Best try that door one more time !

8. Still won't open !

9. Maybe if I stare at this CLOSED sign for 5 minutes...

10. Still not open !!

11. I've got it ! I'll look in the window again ! It's sure to work !

12. Wait a sec - did the sign say OPEN or CLOSED ?

13. It says CLOSED. I don't understand

14. Screw it - i'll come back tomorrow.

15. Look back one last time as i'm leaving just in case !

16. Leave.

:rollin :rollin funny as fuck EVERY. TIME.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3907 on: August 15, 2020, 09:03:59 AM »
There was a diner that was sold and turned into a mexican restaurant and my grandparents were fully aware that it was now mexican but for some reason went over in the morning for breakfast and were so upset that it was closed. They didn't seem to understand that that building does not serve breakfast anymore because it's a brand new business.

I'm not sure if anyone else has this experience but my local insurance agent is desperately trying to get me to buy life insurance from them. You'd think that after one or two "no thanks" and an explanation that I already have a life insurance policy that they would get the hint but at the end of every single conversation it's "we see you don't have life insurance..." and every time I have to go through the same explanations. I know it's their job but I feel like I almost have to preempt it now because they even go into it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3908 on: August 17, 2020, 07:12:46 AM »
When you text a sibling.

And you don't get a reply for *at least* a week.

Then you literally just get a ":)" and they proceed to tell you all THEIR news and why theyre so much better than you'll ever be.

And the ":)" was just to make it seem like they're interested in your news but they're not.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3909 on: August 17, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »
When you text a sibling.

And you don't get a reply for *at least* a week.

Then you literally just get a ":)" and they proceed to tell you all THEIR news and why theyre so much better than you'll ever be.

And the ":)" was just to make it seem like they're interested in your news but they're not.

:)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3910 on: August 17, 2020, 04:46:01 PM »
 ;D

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3911 on: August 18, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
Internet was out all August basically. Had it fixed a couple Fridays ago; a couple days later it went out again. WTF. Had a tech come out today and fix it again. Turns out right after I got it fixed, it looks as if one of the guys cutting the grass around these apartments straight up destroyed my line. Not like I expected one, but I would've appreciated a note or something on the door, jackass! Pay attention next time  :censored Man...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3912 on: August 18, 2020, 02:57:24 PM »
Internet was out all August basically. Had it fixed a couple Fridays ago; a couple days later it went out again. WTF. Had a tech come out today and fix it again. Turns out right after I got it fixed, it looks as if one of the guys cutting the grass around these apartments straight up destroyed my line. Not like I expected one, but I would've appreciated a note or something on the door, jackass! Pay attention next time  :censored Man...

This happens at work sometimes.  We rely on essentially really long cables that stretch from between our datacenters, to put it simply, and every once in awhile one of these links go down and eventually we find out someone cut a wire while doing roadwork or something somewhere.  But what's even more interesting is that the underwater intercontinental cables that connect say Europe to North America, sometimes those get cut too and it's usually because of some marine life takes a bite out of them and those take months to fix sometimes.  We all got good laughs out of the daily update emails we would get from the last shark attack on our intercontinental network cables near Singapore. "Still waiting on the boat to arrive"  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3913 on: August 19, 2020, 07:08:49 AM »
When there’s people queuing to order in a cafe or restaurant. And other people walk in and go and claim

a table first then queue up. So now the people that were there first have less choice of tables

Once they’ve got their tray of food.  :tdwn

I could do a whole thread on inconsiderate people. They’re just the worst.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3914 on: August 19, 2020, 08:00:30 AM »
When there’s people queuing to order in a cafe or restaurant. And other people walk in and go and claim

a table first then queue up. So now the people that were there first have less choice of tables

I'd be right there with you on most of them.   Then there are the people that are in line, yapping away (including on a cellphone) then they get to order and it's like they're choosing the menu for their wedding.   You should have had this all figured out by the time you got there!   Hurry it up, or I'll order for you!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3915 on: August 19, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »

That is really annoying, and I agree. It's like people who don't put their shopping carts back. We should have a thread on just that.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #3916 on: August 19, 2020, 09:08:59 AM »
The few times I was required to work the register, I was shocked at how many people had apparently failed to glance at the menu at any point before they reached the counter. And I worked at Five Guys which has pretty much the most basic menu possible.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3917 on: August 19, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »
You should have had this all figured out by the time you got there!   Hurry it up, or I'll order for you!

I went to my local Supermarket cafe today cause M.T.W are all 50% all day everywhere. I got there and some old guy is at the checkout paying. I really needed to pee so i went to use the toilet

and after i'd finished in there I went back to the cafe and the same fuckin guy is STILL faffing about with paying. Why the fuck do old people take so fucking long to pay.

Fuck it. I got so tired of hanging around I left. It reminds me of an earlier discussion on here - is it some old people are just thick in general or do you just forget how

technology works as you get older?

The few times I was required to work the register, I was shocked at how many people had apparently failed to glance at the menu at any point before they reached the counter. And I worked at Five Guys which has pretty much the most basic menu possible.

This is why I like being a waiter where we have table service. When they know what they want - they call you over.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3918 on: August 19, 2020, 09:18:53 AM »

Yup, having worked the register at a Boston Market, this is shockingly common.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3919 on: August 19, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »

Assuming I'm understanding you correctly, I don't agree with this (unless there's some posted rule against it).  It just makes good sense.  When I've been in places like this with my wife and/or kids, I'll often have one or all of them get a table while I get in line to order/pick up the food.

It's like people who don't put their shopping carts back. We should have a thread on just that.

You know, it is high time we had a "true American heroes" thread.

It's been a long time since I worked at Del Taco, Carl's Jr. and a non-chain restaurant, but yeah.  The other one I thought was funny was when a guy walked up to my register at Carl's Jr. and ordered "a big breakfast."  I politely asked him to repeat himself, and he did, and my response was to turn and gesture at the menu board where the breakfasts were listed and say, "ok, which one?"  He finally ordered something, and I later learned that "The Big Breakfast" was something that was, at the time, on the McDonald's breakfast menu.  It was funny to me at the time.