Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 308788 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3500 on: May 15, 2020, 08:32:38 PM »
I've never even heard of Highlander.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #3501 on: May 15, 2020, 08:37:43 PM »
"Things that I find mildly irritating":

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3502 on: May 15, 2020, 08:39:46 PM »
I've heard of Queen.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3503 on: May 15, 2020, 08:45:45 PM »
I am never even slightly irritated by anything TAC posts. He never fails to bring a smile to my face.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3504 on: May 15, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »

Think you hear at a retirement home for 800 Alex.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3505 on: May 15, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »
Shazbut

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3506 on: May 15, 2020, 09:19:26 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3507 on: May 15, 2020, 09:53:27 PM »

What planet do you even come from
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3508 on: May 15, 2020, 09:56:18 PM »
Shazbut

What planet do you even come from

Ork, apparently.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3509 on: May 16, 2020, 05:33:34 AM »
 :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3510 on: May 16, 2020, 05:36:37 AM »

Can't say I'm surprised, but add this to the never-ending list where my reaction is

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3511 on: May 16, 2020, 05:59:25 AM »

Well, there can be only one. I should have guessed it would be TAC.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #3512 on: May 16, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3513 on: May 16, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »

Can't say I'm surprised, but add this to the never-ending list where my reaction is

Yeah, just having fun, but in all seriousness, there is not ONE TV show that I watch. No dramas, sitcoms, or anything else.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3514 on: May 16, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »
You're missing out on some truly incredible storytelling and cinema dude. Some of the best fictional works in modern times are on TV. I'll even let you use my streaming accounts just to get you to watch something. Seriously.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3515 on: May 16, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »
Yeah, just having fun, but in all seriousness, there is not ONE TV show that I watch. No dramas, sitcoms, or anything else.

You're missing out on some truly incredible storytelling and cinema dude. Some of the best fictional works in modern times are on TV. I'll even let you use my streaming accounts just to get you to watch something. Seriously.

I wish my life in my 20s, when I was single, with no kids, no roommates, and no commitments outside of work, synced up with TV as it is now with its multitude of options. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3516 on: May 16, 2020, 07:10:19 PM »

When I was younger, I used to love going to the movies, and I rented a ton of films, often being quite interested in the cinematography and such. My wife and I have been together for 23 years, and she simply does not enjoy going to the movies. I always did. But whatever.
I mean the last non kid movie we saw at the movies was The Blair Witch Project. That's how long it's been since I've been to the movies.

We joined Netflix years ago (when you had to mail back DVDs) and it was nice enough. A lot of the time, I'd have to finish the movie by myself.
There is no sitcom since we've been together that we've ever watched. A guy at work was up my ass about The Big Bang Theory, and I watched it and it couldn't have sucked more.

The last drama we watched was House, but that was when we were watching American Idol. I liked the medical mystery thing, but it quickly became a fucking soap opera, and that's a turn off.

When my wife and I do watch TV together, it'll be something low impact like HGTV or Food Network. Or maybe Fox News. I watch sports, so whether it's the Bruins or Red Sox, I'll watch that. My wife loves gymnastics, so she'll watch the Olympic channel.

I totally appreciate the offer, but I have no interest (not in your offer, I mean in TV shows...). Seems every show is a cop, lawyer, or hospital show. WTF? Every plot has to do with a kidnapping (which I cannot watch), a murder (really?), or infidelity (which is the equivalent of running out of ideas).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3517 on: May 16, 2020, 07:38:48 PM »
Tim, do your boys like movies?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3518 on: May 16, 2020, 07:54:39 PM »
Breaking Bad isn't about cops per se, it's about an educated man who turns to crime to pay for his ridiculous cost of cancer treatment. Game of Thrones is about political scheming and the complex nature of people, with the added bonus of titties and dragons etc. Westworld is about philosophy and examining the nature of what it means to be "real." Then you got all kinds of screwball comedies like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia etc

But I get it, some people just aren't TV watchers. But you're reeeeally selling it short by thinking there's only cop and hospital shows out there. TV, or what we call TV, is generally better than film these days.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3519 on: May 16, 2020, 07:57:07 PM »
Tim, if you’re interested I know a great show about a cop who kidnaps and murders the lawyer who was banging his wife at the hospital they worked at.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3520 on: May 16, 2020, 08:04:46 PM »
Tim, do your boys like movies?

So my kids watch ZERO TV. As you know, my oldest is challenged, but he can tell you anything you want to know about the Back To The Future trilogy. :lol

My younger guy has been to the movies, but it's only been with friends. I don't think he's wicked into it. The only thing he has his TV on is the NBA Network.

They both have their computers and entertain themselves with that.

Breaking Bad isn't about cops per se, it's about an educated man who turns to crime to pay for his ridiculous cost of cancer treatment. Game of Thrones is about political scheming and the complex nature of people, with the added bonus of titties and dragons etc. Westworld is about philosophy and examining the nature of what it means to be "real." Then you got all kinds of screwball comedies like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia etc

But I get it, some people just aren't TV watchers. But you're reeeeally selling it short by thinking there's only cop and hospital shows out there. TV, or what we call TV, is generally better than film these days.

I'm sure there's plenty of decent stuff out there. I'm a history buff so anything Civil War or Revolutionary War Era I would find interesting. Titties..Great! Dragons..notsomuch.

But you know, after work, and when my wife goes to work, we eat around 7:00. I mean, we interact with our kids plenty, so that really leaves me a couple of hours at night to myself. There's just never been anything enticing enough to take me away from the Bruins/Red Sox, and that is also my daily music listening time. And THAT to me is my number 1 thing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3521 on: May 16, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »
That completely makes sense.

Btw, I'm still going to bag on you.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3522 on: May 16, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »
Tim, if you’re interested I know a great show about a cop who kidnaps and murders the lawyer who was banging his wife at the hospital they worked at.

Sounds awful! :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3523 on: May 16, 2020, 08:11:53 PM »

Btw, I'm still going to bag on you.

Bag away, brother!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3524 on: May 16, 2020, 08:14:01 PM »
Makes sense bud. My dad's kind of the same way although he makes time for Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, so at least we have that in common. Totally get just not having the time or interest for other stuff in the evenings. 

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #3525 on: May 16, 2020, 08:15:42 PM »
It's OK TAC.  I've heard of Highlander, but I've never seen it or know anything about it.  But this thread has peaked my interest.

I don't watch much TV either, mostly, like you said, many of them seem to just turn into soap operas and I just can't stomach that kind of stuff.  I do love movies though, but because my children are young, they are mostly kid movies.
"You call it facial hair, I call it awesomeness escaping through my face"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3526 on: May 16, 2020, 08:21:21 PM »
Tim, do your boys like movies about gladiators?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3527 on: May 16, 2020, 08:23:19 PM »
I do love movies though, but because my children are young, they are mostly kid movies.

Kid movies are the best. The Toy Story movies are great. As a family, we saw #3 together at the movies. It was great. I've never seen #4 as the kids have grown out of it. #1 was out before I met my wife. My wife had a young child so we did see #2. All great!
Also The Polar Express FTW!

I also love the Kung Fu Panda series. We've seen all of them as a family. In our house, Friday night was movie night, and we'd all pile into bed and watch a DVD. My youngest and my wife would knock out right away, so it was always me and my oldest that saw the end each week. :lol
My wife still makes homemade popcorn every Friday night for them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 08:36:52 PM by TAC »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3528 on: May 16, 2020, 08:42:52 PM »
The thing is, my wife likes movies, but just doesn't like going to the movies...too loud, too expensive. Plus we had kids, so no  babysitter either.

She's mentioned that she would like to reenlist with Netflix again. I suppose it's me holding out. Like I said, it's tough to come between music and the Bruins.

I think as I've gotten older, I'm not sure if my imagination has shrinked, or I'm not as open minded. I find myself far more critical to things like screenwriting.

Every Law And Order episode has that one moment where 2 or 3 of them are sitting around..
"Yeah we have nothing."
"What do we do now?"
"I don't know. Seems like a dead end."

Then the phone will miraculously ring.
"Hello. Where?. Thanks"

And then the case is solved! :lol WTF??

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3529 on: May 17, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
Irritating: forgetting there is a very sharp brand new knife under the water in the sink. That's a lot of blood.  :facepalm:

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #3530 on: May 17, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »
I do love movies though, but because my children are young, they are mostly kid movies.

Kid movies are the best. The Toy Story movies are great. As a family, we saw #3 together at the movies. It was great. I've never seen #4 as the kids have grown out of it. #1 was out before I met my wife. My wife had a young child so we did see #2. All great!
Also The Polar Express FTW!

I also love the Kung Fu Panda series. We've seen all of them as a family. In our house, Friday night was movie night, and we'd all pile into bed and watch a DVD. My youngest and my wife would knock out right away, so it was always me and my oldest that saw the end each week. :lol
My wife still makes homemade popcorn every Friday night for them.

I know it's a kids movie, but you really need to see Toy Story 4.  3 was so amazing I wished and hoped they had ended the series there as I just didn't think they could possibly do that good again.  However, some how, they did it again.  Although I really hope they don't do another one.

Offline Northern Lion

• Defender of Liberty
« Reply #3531 on: May 17, 2020, 07:59:15 PM »
Irritating: forgetting there is a very sharp brand new knife under the water in the sink. That's a lot of blood.  :facepalm:

That sounds horrible!  Did you get pictures?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3532 on: May 17, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »
He went to take a picture but he had no finger to push the button.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3533 on: May 17, 2020, 08:20:17 PM »

That sounds horrible!  Did you get pictures?

I was out of neosporin, go figure, so I had to drop everything and run out to the shop to find some. Didn't have my phone but holy moly I've never seen so much blood from a knife cut. Sliced my little finger something fierce; there's a big ol flap of skin that's covering the wound and I'm sure it'll take a few days just to moderately heal. The paper towels made it look like I was cleaning up scarlet paint. Ouch!!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3534 on: May 18, 2020, 06:13:25 AM »
Yikes!

Protip:  always wash sharp knives FIRST.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion