Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 308314 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #3045 on: November 24, 2019, 07:49:34 AM »
Don't get me started on insurance companies and that kind of bull shit.  I go to a physical therapist (might not go for months, then might go 2-3 times in a month) to have him bend me into a pretzel and stretch the crap out of me for neck pain and back management, and every time I go, I have to call my regular doctor for a new script to send the PT so it will be allowed.  Fortunately, my regular MD and my PT know each, so the MD has no problem sending him a new script without me actually coming in to see him, but it's that kind of BS that makes ya really hate insurance companies.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3046 on: November 24, 2019, 10:51:26 AM »
Those warning tag stickers on electrical plugs. I don't know what they are called, so these things.

I get there is value to them, though I doubt anyone ever actually reads them. I just wish they were easier to take off. They are made with the stickiest adhesive in the world.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3047 on: November 24, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
Small talk

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3048 on: November 25, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »
I find it annoying when people I work with in my building leave me a voicemail. I hate voicemails. Email me or come talk to me. Someone outside the building or a customer, I'm more understanding of leaving emails, but it bugs me when my coworkers do.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3049 on: November 26, 2019, 06:12:20 PM »
My new boss is a pretty great guy but he cannot stay on topic at meetings and grossly underestimates the time he plans to use in a meeting. If he is hosting a meeting he will schedule a 30 minute meeting and take an hour. Today a one hour meeting took almost two, usually I get up and walk out but then he wants to catch up later and go over the same shit he did in the meeting.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3050 on: November 30, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
Grocery stores and other shopping outlets designating parking spaces by the entrance to electric vehicles only.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3051 on: November 30, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
Grocery stores and other shopping outlets designating parking spaces by the entrance to electric vehicles only.

Or shopping carts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3052 on: November 30, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »

Or shopping carts.

Where the hell is that? Havent seen one in front ever.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3053 on: November 30, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »

That's ofteb because they double as charging spots and it's easier to run juice to a space right outside the building than it is to stick chargers across the parking lot somewhere.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3054 on: November 30, 2019, 09:27:18 PM »

That's ofteb because they double as charging spots and it's easier to run juice to a space right outside the building than it is to stick chargers across the parking lot somewhere.

How about those people just charge up their cars at home?

Actually at my local Fred Meyer there are maybe 10-15 Tesla charging spots in the lot that are as far away from the building as possible.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3055 on: December 01, 2019, 06:59:28 AM »
As an EV owner, it's also an incentive to draw those customers to YOUR store. I wish more places had charging stations. I do charge at home, but since I have PHEV, I only get 45km on the electric battery. Wish there were more stations to use when I'm out and about.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3056 on: December 01, 2019, 10:38:19 AM »
The cell phone lot at the local airport has three or four spots for charging.  Pretty cool.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3057 on: December 01, 2019, 10:49:01 AM »

How comes there's never any spots where you can pump gas?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3058 on: December 01, 2019, 07:11:37 PM »

Who wants to hang out at a gas station for a couple of hours?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3059 on: December 01, 2019, 07:12:23 PM »

Which one? I'll meet you there.  :-*
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3060 on: December 01, 2019, 07:15:04 PM »

Reading the proper emphasis in sentences:  You suck at it.

Online Adami

« Reply #3061 on: December 01, 2019, 07:15:46 PM »

Not the only thing I suck at.

Fiiine, I get it, you're married.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3062 on: December 01, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »

Not the only thing I suck at.

Fiiine, I get it, you're married.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3063 on: December 01, 2019, 10:02:52 PM »

:rollin
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3064 on: December 05, 2019, 01:15:03 AM »
What the hell is up with the scheduling of the traditional Christmas specials on TV? It just occurred to me today (Dec 05) to look at the schedules, and I've misses my three favorites, because they have aired already?!?!

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3065 on: December 05, 2019, 06:36:11 AM »
What the hell is up with the scheduling of the traditional Christmas specials on TV? It just occurred to me today (Dec 05) to look at the schedules, and I've misses my three favorites, because they have aired already?!?!
Christmas creep my good man. Everything gets earlier and earlier every year.

It annoys my wife every year that I insist on no Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. I love Christmas, but I don't want to be sick of it before the actual day comes.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3066 on: December 05, 2019, 07:53:02 AM »
I know, I know, get off my lawn, but there was something special about the excitement building up to the Rankin-Bass specials every year (that and Peanuts were the big ones in my house).  It was an event, no DVRs, VHS, streaming, whatever the fuck, you had to get your popcorn and be ready at 8:00 or 8:30 and the world stopped for you to see A Year Without Santa Claus, or Burl Ives talk about Rudolph.  I miss that. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3067 on: December 05, 2019, 08:33:49 AM »
Growing up once December hit, we would pull out this calendar to hang and essentially start counting down the days by putting a little toy into each pouch for each day.  It was fun as a kid and made the month and build up feel special as my siblings would argue who gets to fill it in each day and take turns.  Now it's drawn out and boring if you ask me.  I have little to no Christmas spirit anymore.  Also I think this is the first year my family has said officially... no gifts besides for my baby nieces.  No exchange at all and I actually like it.  Gift giving is weird if you ask me... as I work on my DTF secret santa  :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3068 on: December 05, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »
Here's a great one.

My wife's family had always used their giant family Christmas party to spoil the kids in the extended family with massive piles of presents.  Directly opposite of my family's experience (there was a random gift exchange where all individuals received one gift, and also one from my grandma).  So about 10 years ago, my wife and I get lectured by an aunt about how we're old enough to now start to contribute, as Christmas is "all about the kids."  Uh, no, sorry.  I bought cheap, $5 gifts for each kid and did that each following year.  It's not my responsibility to make sure the cousins (and their kids) in the family have giant piles of presents.  That has always been Santa's job.  It angered me so badly that I was required to spend hundreds of dollars on presents for extended family members that I see once a year, and who were so ungrateful, with zero thank yous and parents who didn't pay attention to their children's wild, gift-opening behavior.

Eventually, we got the family to move to a gift exchange (again, only for the kids) with a $50 limit (we suggested $30, but the powers that be in the family decided that was too low).  That came with a great lecture from one of her aunts about how we shouldn't have bought such an expensive car if we couldn't afford to buy her children presents...she bought a used car, why couldn't we have done that instead?   :censored

So this year, we have to buy for a senior in high school.  We asked his parents for ideas, and they suggested an $80 polaroid camera that he really wants. 

Uh, I'm sorry....it's a $50 limit.  Where do you get off telling me to spend more than that?  When we reminded them of the limit and asked for other ideas, we were told by them "well you can always go shopping on Black Friday for a deal."  NO!  You don't get to tell me that I have to buy your kid a gift that is more expensive than the limit, and I have to spend time away from my family on a holiday weekend, searching for a deal for YOUR kid. 

Radio silence for a week, since we're mad and have some thoughtful gift ideas instead that are college related for the kid.  My wife gets a text from her cousin, saying "I'm going Black Friday shopping and I'll buy the camera for you."  What the hell is that?  We told her that we already bought him gifts and left it alone.

We've talked about making this the last year we attend her family's big Christmas party for a number of reasons, this being the latest. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3069 on: December 05, 2019, 08:59:28 AM »
Yup that's annoying.

It does remind me of my cousin's gift exchange we had been doing and also now are stopping.  50 dollar limit as well and for the most part, all the cousins were fine.... except one.  My one cousin and his wife are SUPER rich, both lawyers and the wife is from a crazy rich family.  But their gifts were coming in around $15 (we would google it) each year so my aunts stopped it because it wasn't right.  I do wonder what goes through their head that makes them think that's fair and OK.  Last time I got two jars of bacon jam, the jam is alright, but we googled 8 bucks each and honestly, what am I doing with so much of it?  :lol  It's a running joke in the family now so at least we all got a good laugh about it.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3070 on: December 05, 2019, 09:12:54 AM »
In unrelated news, Cram gave me an amazing jar of bacon jam last year for xmas.  It was great!

;) 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3071 on: December 05, 2019, 09:13:38 AM »
 :lol

back to that dtf secret santa gift...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3072 on: December 05, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
That's awful and complicated for no good reason. I was raise to just accept whatever was given to me (whether I liked it or not was a different story).

Last time I got two jars of bacon jam, the jam is alright

In unrelated news, Cram gave me an amazing jar of bacon jam last year for xmas.  It was great!

;) 

:lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3073 on: December 05, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »

I haven't looked at the schedule, but I think they've traditionally started airing the weekend after Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving came late this year, so....

I believe the Charlie Brown Christmas Special is on tonight.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3074 on: December 05, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »
When driving at night and somebody is tailgaiting with high beams on with the bright white LED headlights.   Also, oncoming traffic with the bright LED's..   >:(
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3075 on: December 06, 2019, 12:58:05 PM »
When driving at night and somebody is tailgaiting with high beams on with the bright white LED headlights.   Also, oncoming traffic with the bright LED's..   >:(

I love getting in front of these people.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3076 on: December 06, 2019, 01:03:48 PM »
Chino, that's your car?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3077 on: December 09, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
Negative. I'm saying I hate getting in front of people like that... three sets of LED bars plus day lighters. Drives me nuts. 

Online Adami

« Reply #3078 on: December 09, 2019, 08:21:26 AM »
I've never seen a car like that, in person.

How many are there that you've encountered them enough times to annoy you?

You sure someone isn't just stalking you?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3079 on: December 09, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
I've never seen a car like that, in person.

How many are there that you've encountered them enough times to annoy you?

You sure someone isn't just stalking you?

I actually see them a lot (three bars is excessive, but two isn't uncommon) when visiting my parents' house. They live out in the boonies on old farmland. Guys out there have these on all their trucks. There are also a few surrounding towns (Goshen, Torrington, and Thomaston) where you'll find these on things like family sedans in addition to trucks.