Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 308869 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2135 on: May 23, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »
Chep pallet asking me to delete BOL's that I haven't assigned to trailers yet.  That means I physically can;t delete them and they have to but they keep telling me I have to.

I know their board better than they do.

Shippers and their BOL's will be the death of me. :lol :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2136 on: May 23, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »
 :lol

It's infuriating.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2137 on: May 23, 2019, 04:53:07 PM »

It's infuriating.

That said, I do get a kick out of it when my customer (nicely but firmly) chastises his shipper for not following my directive, as the 3rd party, about using the BOL I freaking emailed to them with specific instructions to have the LTL driver sign and pro sticker mine so it gets routed correctly. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2138 on: May 24, 2019, 11:41:47 AM »
I get asked about my "availability" a lot for calls, since that's the nature of my job.   EASILY half the time, I will say "I'm wide open except between 1:00 and 2:00pm eastern."  and I will get a meeting notice for "1:00 pm eastern".    Just an hour ago, I was asked about tomorrow, and I said "I'm wide open tomorrow morning, up to noon, perhaps 1:00 pm eastern."    Just a moment ago, I got a meeting invite for 1:00 pm eastern.   

This is from a very smart, and very literate, attentive lawyer serving as my outside counsel.   I'll keep the appointment because there are others on the call, but I can still vent here.  :)

Note:  I am reluctant to start calling specific times - "I am available at 10:00 am eastern - because I am usually not the only one on the call, the organizer is usually my internal "customer", and I want to be as flexible as I can be.

LOL!!  I also get the same sorts of inquiries, but I've virtually never had the results you've had.  Perhaps I should send you some names of the outside counsel we use.

Phone bots. The creator of this needs to die by my hands.

There's a Creeping Death joke to be made here, but nothing good is coming to me.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2139 on: May 24, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »

It's been that bad lately.  I had 30 messages on my phone in 2 days plus and 2 were real people.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2140 on: May 24, 2019, 01:30:50 PM »
Someone at work has been pulling umbrellas down at the pool area at night and laying them down in a stack on the ground. Not a huge biggie but no one has been putting them back. They get wet and apparently mildewy. First thing that happened was we were blamed. I promised them that there would be now way my guys would do that.

It kept happening.

It apparently WAS my guy. Now I gotta go do a walk a shame.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2141 on: May 24, 2019, 01:38:11 PM »
That sucks but it sounds like it was done in good intent.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2142 on: May 24, 2019, 02:03:17 PM »
Someone at work has been pulling umbrellas down at the pool area at night and laying them down in a stack on the ground. Not a huge biggie but no one has been putting them back. They get wet and apparently mildewy. First thing that happened was we were blamed. I promised them that there would be now way my guys would do that.

It kept happening.

It apparently WAS my guy. Now I gotta go do a walk a shame.

Never say my guys could never do that.

Say, I will investigate this issue and resolve it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2143 on: May 24, 2019, 04:38:19 PM »
True and it does sound like the intent was good (like why do the effort if they didn't think it was appropriate) but yea, best not to get defensive and not to accept responsibility either, what Joe says is good.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2144 on: May 26, 2019, 05:39:17 PM »
There's apparently a wasp nest somewhere near the balcony of my place. I've taken out two of them so far and can't seem to find the nest yet. I just hope that I can actually get to it. So work in progress.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2145 on: May 26, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »
There's apparently a wasp nest somewhere near the balcony of my place. I've taken out two of them so far and can't seem to find the nest yet. I just hope that I can actually get to it. So work in progress.

I hope for your sake you aren't that guy who ends up on YT punching himself in the head while running away from a swarm of wasps. :P

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2146 on: May 27, 2019, 06:08:10 AM »

I hope for your sake you aren't that guy who ends up on YT punching himself in the head while running away from a swarm of wasps. :P

Knowing my dumb ass, that's probably exactly how its gonna play out  :lol

Offline TheCountOfMinnesota

« Reply #2147 on: May 28, 2019, 02:42:44 PM »
It seems like every other time I open YouTube it asks me if I want to try their Free Trial and I have to click the NO option to make it go away. You remember everything else about me, can't you remember I've said no like 206 times?

Yes, same here!  On a similar note, CNN.com has been asking me if I want the news summarized and sent to my email for the past 6 months or so.  It's always a flash pop-up with a huge picture of Anderson Cooper, and it's making me start to hate him.  I will break my mouse one day clicking 'no' for the 1,000th time.  Their cookie tracking makes it clear who I am and how many times I've declined.  Maybe my first mistake was reading CNN at all.
PBR me ASAP

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2148 on: May 28, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
It seems like every other time I open YouTube it asks me if I want to try their Free Trial and I have to click the NO option to make it go away. You remember everything else about me, can't you remember I've said no like 206 times?

Yes, same here!  On a similar note, CNN.com has been asking me if I want the news summarized and sent to my email for the past 6 months or so.  It's always a flash pop-up with a huge picture of Anderson Cooper, and it's making me start to hate him.  I will break my mouse one day clicking 'no' for the 1,000th time.  Their cookie tracking makes it clear who I am and how many times I've declined.  Maybe my first mistake was reading CNN at all.

Do you use an adblocker? I just checked the CNN site and didn't get any popups. Though I'm not American so don't know if that makes any difference.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2149 on: May 29, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »

I'm going to piggyback this one.. Amazon Music. I'm already paying for the premium membership of the service, but every time I open it, I have to get around a screen asking me if I want to try a free trial of the family plan version of the service. Bitch, I don't have a family. Stop reminding me!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2150 on: May 29, 2019, 08:12:04 AM »
Mildly irritating...

Filed my tax return in mid-February through my accountant, filed electronically. I got one filing, but it was incorrect because I didn't have health insurance for half of 2018. So I got the revised one, which took out almost $800 of my meager return. In the end I should be getting $310 back from federal and $110 from state. Well I never got it, and I usually get it mid-March.

Been checking online for my refund status and it says it can't give me any info, I can't remember the exact day in February I filed but it keeps telling me it has no info on my return. So now I gotta get hold of a human at the IRS and *hopefully* get my money. I really need it. At my last job, I was getting so many hours cut that I was barely able to make rent in February and had to take out a loan to get by; well now I REALLY need that money 'cause I've had to start selling off some stuff to make the payments on time. Life is hard!  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2151 on: May 29, 2019, 08:21:21 AM »
You could cut and donate your hair to cancer patients. That should be worth a $100 writeoff at least!  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2152 on: May 29, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »
You could cut and donate your hair to cancer patients. That should be worth a $100 writeoff at least!  ;D

But my hair is the one thing women like about me!  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2153 on: May 29, 2019, 08:33:32 AM »
Not one of your apartment posts even mentions a woman. Just a bunch of dudes.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2154 on: May 29, 2019, 08:37:05 AM »
Hahaha I know.

:(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2155 on: May 29, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »
Not one of your apartment posts even mentions a woman. Just a bunch of dudes.  :lol

also need the apartment for the girls

but damn, that sucks and wtf is your accountant doing to not be helping you if they filed it?  I don't know about your return, but I find just using turbo tax to be so much easier than dealing with an accountant.  I even had to do some foreign stock paperwork (I don't know why I bought one share and made no money when I sold it last year messing around with the Robinhood app, but learned my lesson that playing with stupid stocks for fun isn't worth the tax paperwork) but Turbotax is just that easy IMO.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2156 on: May 29, 2019, 08:42:23 AM »
Well, I'm of the mentality that it's easier to just throw some money to the accountant and not have to worry about fudging anything up on my end because I have a deathly fear of screwing it up myself, but I've never had any issues getting my money until this year. At least next year I'll have no penalty to pay.  :biggrin: But maybe next year I'll try doing it myself.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2157 on: May 29, 2019, 08:44:55 AM »
I wouldn't know how to file my own taxes if you put a gun to my head. I've always just given the necessary paperwork to an accountant.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2158 on: May 29, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
I wouldn't know how to file my own taxes if you put a gun to my head. I've always just given the necessary paperwork to an accountant.

Ditto... for 25 years, and it pays for itself.

Side note, I also don't repair my car, fill my cavities, or give myself a prostate exam.  I leave important shit to the pros.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2159 on: May 29, 2019, 09:03:59 AM »
Turbotax for the win.  It couldn't be easier. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2160 on: May 29, 2019, 09:11:01 AM »
Turbotax just walks you right through it, so simply.  It's worth the try and if you can't figure it out, pay the accountant instead.  It costs nothing to work on your taxes with the system, they only charge you when it's time to file (assuming you even have a complicated return, I think basic filing is free).

I wouldn't compare it to working on a car since they system drives itself there, but if you have a family and investments and a house and whatever, then yea I can see where it becomes difficult.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2161 on: May 29, 2019, 11:32:22 AM »
Well how about that. Just got off the phone with the IRS and they never got my tax return. So much for paying for an accountant.  :facepalm: :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2162 on: May 29, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
So are you fucked by missing the April 15th deadline?   

You shouldn't have to pay for that if the accountant fucked up.  More clearly:  you might have to pay the IRS - they don't shive a git if it's you or the accountant that doesn't file, they just know you didn't - but you should hold the accountant responsible... unless this was an amendment, and you made it in on time (but then you'd have the return and owe the difference, so that doesn't sound right either). 

Good luck.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2163 on: May 29, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »
I don't think so. I haven't received any notice about that. According to him (I talked to him earlier) it was held up 'in processing' at the IRS for some reason, apparently that happens to a rare unlucky few, and he cleared it up and I should have the checks next week. Hooray! If I get anything I'm bringing it to his attention though 'cause I took care of everything on my end back in February. The lady on the phone at the IRS didn't mention a fine either.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2164 on: May 29, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »
Ok, good.  :)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2165 on: June 02, 2019, 05:52:17 AM »
Yesterday at Jersey Mike's I'm waiting to get a sub. This woman who was ahead of me was asking her daughter who is around 5 or 6 what sub does she want; her daughter clearly doesn't know and is overwhelmed. The mom starts getting upset and starts asking her "Ok what meat do you want? Ham, chicken, salami?" The daughter responds with "I don't know, cubed meat" The argue back and forth for about 5 minutes before she realizes her daughter wants the chicken philly sub.

What really put me over the edge is the mom eventually started saying "What do you want?!?! I can't make a choice for you" WTF?!?!? she is your daughter, order the fucking sandwich and go. It took me back to my co-worker who has two kids, 4 & 1, and always complains that they only place they can go to is Olive Garden because their kids are so obnoxious. Apparently he allows the kids to just keep ordering shit off the menu, or ordering stuff that isn't even on the menu like Hot Dogs. I asked him why he does this and he says "we want our kids to have a choice in what they eat".

I guess I'm finally turning the corner and becoming an old man because my parents either never took me out or said "You can have A or B or nothing at all".

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2166 on: June 02, 2019, 01:28:13 PM »
So online, I see all these pictures of people that take their picture with their phone pointed at a mirror. WTF? Who does this? It's not like you can't see the phone. 

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2167 on: June 02, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
So online, I see all these pictures of people that take their picture with their phone pointed at a mirror. WTF? Who does this? It's not like you can't see the phone.

Maybe that's the point, to show off your fancy iPhone/Samsung/whatever. I don't know. It looks stupid to me. Especially photos taken in bathroom.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2168 on: June 02, 2019, 02:12:10 PM »
Yesterday at Jersey Mike's I'm waiting to get a sub. This woman who was ahead of me was asking her daughter who is around 5 or 6 what sub does she want; her daughter clearly doesn't know and is overwhelmed. The mom starts getting upset and starts asking her "Ok what meat do you want? Ham, chicken, salami?" The daughter responds with "I don't know, cubed meat" The argue back and forth for about 5 minutes before she realizes her daughter wants the chicken philly sub.

What really put me over the edge is the mom eventually started saying "What do you want?!?! I can't make a choice for you" WTF?!?!? she is your daughter, order the fucking sandwich and go. It took me back to my co-worker who has two kids, 4 & 1, and always complains that they only place they can go to is Olive Garden because their kids are so obnoxious. Apparently he allows the kids to just keep ordering shit off the menu, or ordering stuff that isn't even on the menu like Hot Dogs. I asked him why he does this and he says "we want our kids to have a choice in what they eat".

I guess I'm finally turning the corner and becoming an old man because my parents either never took me out or said "You can have A or B or nothing at all".

Hahaha.  I think it's fine for kids to have a choice if they know what they want and the parents are generally making sure they have a balanced diet.  But if the kid is overwhelmed by the menu... getting aggravated at them just seems stupid.  The kid's not doing anything wrong, they're just being a kid.  You know (or should know) what your kid will eat - just pick something. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2169 on: June 02, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »

Wait. I though you weren't on social media? What sites are you going onto you old perv? Lol