Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 306893 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #2100 on: May 08, 2019, 10:41:02 AM »
It's a boy!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2101 on: May 08, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »
inspirational motherhood posts are my least favorite thing about social media after echo chambers

You just can't relate.  You are not a woman and you haven't birthed a kid.  I just scroll on by.

Honestly, the inspirational stuff is annoying, but what I find to be more annoying are the insane amounts of baby pictures.  And it sucks to say this about my own nieces, but posting pictures of your babies all day everyday is just so annoying.  I'm around that age where pretty much all the people I know have kids so it's effectively all over my social media.  It doesn't bother me that people post their kids, but it's the handful of people, my sister included, who post multiple pictures every single day.

It's a boy!!

I hope there is a fail for this one  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2102 on: May 08, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »
Ditto on the baby photos. My oldest friend had a daughter 18 months ago. His father watches her 3-4 days a week, and he posts 3-10 pictures of her every day that he has her. That 18 month old already has more pictures on Facebook than I do.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2103 on: May 08, 2019, 12:11:54 PM »
There is a special place in hell for the person who made gender reveal a thing.

Also, the "thanks for the invite" people are the worst.  Ya know, when someone posts a pic from something fun they did or are doing and someone dipshit posts, "thanks for the invite," which then gets the OP to scramble and give some nice reason as to why they didn't invite them, instead of saying, "I would have invited you if I wanted you there, you self-centered piece of cow anus!"

Oooh, I didn't know about that.  I've never seen it (I avoid SM as much as I can with five people in my immediate family between 18 and 25) but it would definitely be on my list. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2104 on: May 08, 2019, 01:07:00 PM »

Yeah. Our boys have asked...."howd' you do it for us?"  We're like....ummmm...well.....we just told people. Our first son we stayed surprised.....the other two we found out and just told people

This 'gender reveal' party stuff is relatively new. Our youngest is 8 (9 in June) and it wasn't a thing then. It's gotten out of hand.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2105 on: May 08, 2019, 01:22:17 PM »

Also, the "thanks for the invite" people are the worst.  Ya know, when someone posts a pic from something fun they did or are doing and someone dipshit posts, "thanks for the invite," which then gets the OP to scramble and give some nice reason as to why they didn't invite them, instead of saying, "I would have invited you if I wanted you there, you self-centered piece of cow anus!"

I'd simply respond with a just-as-sarcastic, "Your welcome", then wait for their mental seizure to calm down enough for them to point out my (intentional) misuse of "your"

But you tie into another point... people who get bitchy and whiny that you don't keep in touch with them.  Well Warren, if I heard from you at all in the last 18 months, after the last 9 times we got together before that were because I called/emailed you, maybe I might think you actually give a fuck.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2106 on: May 08, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »
Chad, that happens so much with family.  it drives me nuts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2107 on: May 08, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
I absolute hate attending them. Lump birthdays for a kid under 3 into that category as well.

Those are actually the best kind of kid parties, if you do it right. Because it's not about the kid. They don't have friends to invite, or any expectations of what their party should be like. You invite people over because they are your friends, not because they are parents of the kids your kid is pals with, you have a BBQ and treat it like an adult gathering, where a kid is just happening to be having a birthday on the same day.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2108 on: May 08, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »

I'd simply respond with a just-as-sarcastic, "Your welcome", then wait for their mental seizure to calm down enough for them to point out my (intentional) misuse of "your"

But you tie into another point... people who get bitchy and whiny that you don't keep in touch with them.  Well Warren, if I heard from you at all in the last 18 months, after the last 9 times we got together before that were because I called/emailed you, maybe I might think you actually give a fuck.

Cut Warren some slack...he was probably distracted looking for his baseball.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #2109 on: May 08, 2019, 03:28:58 PM »
He was masturbating!!  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2110 on: May 08, 2019, 03:35:59 PM »
I absolute hate attending them. Lump birthdays for a kid under 3 into that category as well.

Those are actually the best kind of kid parties, if you do it right. Because it's not about the kid. They don't have friends to invite, or any expectations of what their party should be like. You invite people over because they are your friends, not because they are parents of the kids your kid is pals with, you have a BBQ and treat it like an adult gathering, where a kid is just happening to be having a birthday on the same day.

Yea I dont know, I'm more with Chino even though what you said it true, but the party still ends up being super tame and boring.  My friend had a keg for his kid's first birthday, sounded like it would be a ton of fun... and it wasn't, at all.  I'm sure some can manage to make these fun though, I'm just yet to experience it personally.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2111 on: May 08, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »

Chad, that happens so much with family.  it drives me nuts.

Oh to be Facebook free..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2112 on: May 08, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »
Not Facebook.   Here is an example.   My niece has a baby boy. Every year they have a birthday party we were going to Rosfest.   We asked if we could come over before or after. Never get a response so we mail out a present.

This year we did not go to Rosfest and were not invited.

Get over yourself. We reached out, you're being a Petty bitch so I just won't bother with you anymore.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2113 on: May 08, 2019, 03:59:43 PM »
you're being a Petty bitch   

She's that into NASCAR?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: May 08, 2019, 04:07:24 PM »
She hates Richard.  I'm not sure why it capitalized. :biggrin:

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2115 on: May 08, 2019, 04:08:47 PM »
Maybe she's a big fan of The Heartbreakers.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2116 on: May 08, 2019, 04:28:08 PM »
Never wanted to go with me when I saw him twice.  Why did I even marry her?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2117 on: May 08, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »
Never wanted to go with me when I saw him twice.  Why did I even marry her?

You married your niece?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2118 on: May 08, 2019, 04:33:21 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2119 on: May 08, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
You perv.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2120 on: May 09, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »
She hates Richard.  I'm not sure why it capitalized. :biggrin:

What about Kyle Petty, Son Of Richard? 

(Anyone get that?  Chirp, chirp?)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2121 on: May 09, 2019, 11:33:25 AM »
 :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2122 on: May 09, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »
Audiobooks that are abridged (or even better, when you don't realize they are abridged until afterward  :yeahright)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2123 on: May 10, 2019, 02:56:49 AM »
When I read "thanks for invite", I thought it was referring to people thanking you for adding them on FB or being accepted into a group that accepts everyone who submits in the first place  :D

Kinda like those who take personally every invite at every event without realizing they're just being sent to every contact in the organizer's list.

"I'm sorry Random dude from the other side of the ocean that I added on FB because we knew each other from a forum, I can't come to your first gig with your local band, I'm in Europe and I can't take a plane in June for working reasons".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2124 on: May 10, 2019, 01:57:54 PM »
Group pages dedicated to specific musicians on FB can fit into this topic, or should I say the moderators of them who insist that topics can only be about the band or related to the band.  Imagine coming to this forum and the mods saying, "Only topics about Dream Theater are allowed!"  That would get boring fast, as do the FB group pages, which essentially become boring praise fests while little to no actual discussion.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #2125 on: May 12, 2019, 06:04:24 AM »
When people in my university class casually assert that being trans in a mental disorder and that trans people just stupid for saying their gender identities are real. :yeahright

The worst part is, I can't argue with them about it because I'm still hiding the fact that I'm trans and I don't want to risk giving that away when it's clearly not safe to do so. :-\
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #2126 on: May 13, 2019, 12:04:52 PM »
Group pages dedicated to specific musicians on FB can fit into this topic, or should I say the moderators of them who insist that topics can only be about the band or related to the band.  Imagine coming to this forum and the mods saying, "Only topics about Dream Theater are allowed!"  That would get boring fast, as do the FB group pages, which essentially become boring praise fests while little to no actual discussion.

...or an artists forum that bans talk of their former band. Ahem...

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2127 on: May 13, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
When people in my university class casually assert that being trans in a mental disorder and that trans people just stupid for saying their gender identities are real. :yeahright

The worst part is, I can't argue with them about it because I'm still hiding the fact that I'm trans and I don't want to risk giving that away when it's clearly not safe to do so. :-\

This is one of the many reasons why I hate most people.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2128 on: May 13, 2019, 01:02:57 PM »

What sucks a lot about this too, besides the personal part which I cant even imagine how difficult that is, is that in a classroom setting it's supposed to be open to discussion and learning and your experience seems to be the opposite.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: May 23, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
I get asked about my "availability" a lot for calls, since that's the nature of my job.   EASILY half the time, I will say "I'm wide open except between 1:00 and 2:00pm eastern."  and I will get a meeting notice for "1:00 pm eastern".    Just an hour ago, I was asked about tomorrow, and I said "I'm wide open tomorrow morning, up to noon, perhaps 1:00 pm eastern."    Just a moment ago, I got a meeting invite for 1:00 pm eastern.   

This is from a very smart, and very literate, attentive lawyer serving as my outside counsel.   I'll keep the appointment because there are others on the call, but I can still vent here.  :)

Note:  I am reluctant to start calling specific times - "I am available at 10:00 am eastern - because I am usually not the only one on the call, the organizer is usually my internal "customer", and I want to be as flexible as I can be. 

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2130 on: May 23, 2019, 01:33:15 PM »
"I'm wide open tomorrow morning, up to noon, perhaps 1:00 pm eastern."    Just a moment ago, I got a meeting invite for 1:00 pm eastern.   

This reads to me like you are proposing 1pm eastern. You're busy until noon presumably for lunch and then propose 1pm.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2131 on: May 23, 2019, 01:47:53 PM »
I have some testing to do for a big change we just pushed through, it's about 3 days worth of heads down testing. We needed this testing done by 5/29. Naturally, I've hardly tested anything yet and my project manager emails me this morning and says "IT changed the timeline, can you have your testing done by EOD?". I was livid.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2132 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »
Chep pallet asking me to delete BOL's that I haven't assigned to trailers yet.  That means I physically can;t delete them and they have to but they keep telling me I have to.

I know their board better than they do. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2133 on: May 23, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »
It seems like every other time I open YouTube it asks me if I want to try their Free Trial and I have to click the NO option to make it go away. You remember everything else about me, can't you remember I've said no like 206 times?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2134 on: May 23, 2019, 03:30:27 PM »
Phone bots. The creator of this needs to die by my hands.