Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307005 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1505 on: September 21, 2018, 05:20:12 PM »
Depending on the lot, I back in when I can. Often it is much easier to back in to a spot than it is to back out of one, especially if it is a busy lot and you have to worry about visibility.

My work parking lot is very tight and if I back in it’ll make leaving work a lot easier.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1506 on: September 22, 2018, 10:46:50 AM »
Depending on the lot, I back in when I can. Often it is much easier to back in to a spot than it is to back out of one, especially if it is a busy lot and you have to worry about visibility.

Right. I almost always back in.

Sorry PG!

As do I.  And I don't think I'm going to apologize for it, the way that some a-holes drive through parking lots.  The Wal-Mart near me is what I imagine driving through Beirut is like.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1507 on: September 23, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »
I just do the pull-through instead of back in. Way faster lol

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1508 on: September 23, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »
I'm sure this has been brought up but due to two separate incidents over the last couple of days: drivers who lack awareness of the speed limit and/or their surroundings. I'm not talking about turning on to a county road highway and not seeing a sign so you're sort of stuck making up whatever the speed limit is. I'm talking about the people who pass by multiple speed limit signs, either don't see or care about the snake of 20+ cars behind, them, and still go 15-20 mph under the speed limit.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1509 on: September 23, 2018, 11:50:19 AM »

Right. I almost always back in.

Sorry PG!

The only place I DONT back in is Costco - loading that trunk if I’d backed in would be a huge pita. Otherwise, it’s always easier to back in. Ya gotta go in reverse at some point, I’d rather do it when I don’t have to worry about pedestrians, other cars, or shopping carts. :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1510 on: September 24, 2018, 06:02:35 PM »
1.  #peoplewhoforceshitintoahashtagthatisbothunreadableandnotfunny.

2.  When I think of something for the mildly irritating thread and forget what it was before I can post it.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1511 on: September 24, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
#peoplewhoforceshitintoahashtagthatisbothunreadableandnotfunny.

#Or
#there's
#the
#people
#who
#feel
#the
#need
#to
#hashtag
#every
#stinking
#word
#and/or
#add
#hashtags
#at
#the
#end
#of
#every
#post
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1512 on: September 25, 2018, 07:14:15 AM »
Does anyone actually use hashtags to search for subjects? I believe that is the intention of them. I certainly never have, though I don't use them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1513 on: September 25, 2018, 07:18:27 AM »
Does anyone actually use hashtags to search for subjects? I believe that is the intention of them. I certainly never have, though I don't use them.

Apparently people do.  I won't be a hashtag whore but I will hashtag a band's name or maybe #metal if I post a pic of a band on instagram.  Usually you get a few extra likes from random people who find it via the hashtag.  I think the only hashtags I have personally searched for are the ones for the naughty pictures  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1514 on: September 25, 2018, 07:41:40 AM »
#boobies

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1515 on: September 25, 2018, 07:44:26 AM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:50:44 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1516 on: September 25, 2018, 07:49:32 AM »

I do on very rare occasion. Often times at weddings now, the wedding will have a designated hashtag. Something like #*LastName*GuyAndGirl2018. That's a pretty cool way to see a bunch of the photos other people took at the wedding and to see if you're in any pics you might not want to be. I'll also look up hashtags during the monster truck season. A lot of footage doesn't make it to YouTube, but there's plenty on Instagram. Looking up something like #TampaMonsterJam allows me to see all kinds of footage from a big show a few thousand miles away that I'd otherwise never be able to see.   

Other than those two scenarios though, I never utilize hashtags, and it drives me up the wall when people hashtag something for no reason at all other than to have one. Hashtagging something as #TampaMonsterJam is a very specific item, and is done so with the intention of sharing your footage with other fans who will specifically be seeking out your post. Hashtagging something like #ColoradoTripGoodByeForNineDaysCT, #IcantWaitToTryAllTheFood, or #ILoveTheTransitionFromSummerToFall is just internet whoring. Go fuck yourself.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: September 25, 2018, 08:05:15 AM »
I'm totally with Chino on this.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1518 on: September 25, 2018, 08:13:59 AM »
I wouldn't call those examples internet whoring because those hashtags are usually meant for comedy and not for getting outside attention to your post.  However, I agree that I don't like them because I don't ever find them funny or cute, it just seems pointless.  I feel like I see girls do those types of hashtags the most and sometimes you see their girlfriend comment "love the hashtags!"  I just don't get it personally.  #dtf #forumpost

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1519 on: September 25, 2018, 08:17:32 AM »
I wouldn't call those examples internet whoring because those hashtags are usually meant for comedy and not for getting outside attention to your post.  However, I agree that I don't like them because I don't ever find them funny or cute, it just seems pointless.  I feel like I see girls do those types of hashtags the most and sometimes you see their girlfriend comment "love the hashtags!" I just don't get it personally.  #dtf #forumpost

That's the internet whoring part that I'm talking about.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1520 on: September 25, 2018, 08:27:33 AM »
#internetwhores

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: September 25, 2018, 08:31:43 AM »
That's the internet whoring part that I'm talking about.

Ah, misunderstood then.  #internetwhores

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1522 on: September 25, 2018, 10:19:13 AM »
I have no issue with backing in to a parking spot....IF you can do so with at least some proficiency.  What irritates me are the ones who insist on backing in, and it looks like it is their first time in a car!  Waiting 2 minutes while you block my way, backing in and out 4 times, seems like a frustrating eternity.

That's the real issue.  It seems like an awfully high percentage of folks who do this don't know what they're doing and need one of these:

I so want to keep a stack of those in my car.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1523 on: September 25, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
I wouldn't call those examples internet whoring because those hashtags are usually meant for comedy and not for getting outside attention to your post.  However, I agree that I don't like them because I don't ever find them funny or cute, it just seems pointless.  I feel like I see girls do those types of hashtags the most and sometimes you see their girlfriend comment "love the hashtags!"  I just don't get it personally.  #dtf #forumpost

#OhMyGodIHaveElbows!  #HashtagsAreStupid

I use Facebook.  I have a Twitter account but only get on it a couple times a year.  I don't have Instagram.  In the case of Twitter, I have used hashtags for things like MLB All Star Game voting, and the LA Kings once did a "hashtag battle" in a game for charity.  Beyond that....

I have no issue with backing in to a parking spot....IF you can do so with at least some proficiency.  What irritates me are the ones who insist on backing in, and it looks like it is their first time in a car!  Waiting 2 minutes while you block my way, backing in and out 4 times, seems like a frustrating eternity.

That's the real issue.  It seems like an awfully high percentage of folks who do this don't know what they're doing and need one of these:

I so want to keep a stack of those in my car.

I keep telling myself I need to do exactly that.  I printed one once and literally went months without seeing anyone worthy of getting it.  It almost seemed to work as a repellent.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1524 on: September 25, 2018, 10:38:54 AM »
:lol  I think I could burn through half a stack any given morning in my parking garage.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1525 on: September 25, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »
I could burn through half a stack in my own flippin' driveway.   

#ILivewiththreewomendriverstwoundertheageof20

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1526 on: September 25, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »
My printer will be on overdrive. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1527 on: September 25, 2018, 12:33:43 PM »

Girlfriend works in Social Media advertising. Hashtags are a big thing. It's about getting seen. Say, post a photo on Instagram and you use the hashtag #YorkiesOfInstagram. Say someone is looking at cute dog pics. They come across a cute Yorkie puppy with that tag. They click on that tag and it now brings up a whole feed full of photos with that tag with the most popular or most recent posts. 

Or... (Shameless plug)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn_vnn1nMnt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

#MorkiesOfInstagram is a tag that gets a lot of traffic for some reason. This photo was liked by 3k people (Yes that's me. :JayOctavarium: ) and a chunk of them were people looking for photos of Morkies on Instagram.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1528 on: September 25, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »
Sorry, Jay, has nothing to do with you, but I find the made-up dog names - the portmanteus - to be annoying.  Labradoodle. Chiweenie.    WTF? 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1529 on: September 25, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »
HA I have a Chiweenie and refuse to say that word when people ask what kind of dog I have.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1530 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »
Sorry, Jay, has nothing to do with you, but I find the made-up dog names - the portmanteus - to be annoying.  Labradoodle. Chiweenie.    WTF? 

I totally get it. But gotta go with the flow when it comes to advertising. These cute nicknames sell.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1531 on: September 25, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
What else do you call those mix over dogs then?  Seems to be catchy and make sense although sure some of those names are just as goofy as the dogs.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1532 on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
I say he is a dachshund/chihuahua mix.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1533 on: September 25, 2018, 12:56:02 PM »
When actually talking to someone, I call Nora a Yorkie Maltese mix. Usually people who ask me what she is have no idea what "Morkie" means.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1534 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:13 PM »

I totally get it. But gotta go with the flow when it comes to advertising. These cute nicknames sell.

And I understand completely.  Like I said, nothing to do with you at all.   You speak the language that will get you heard. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1535 on: September 25, 2018, 01:05:04 PM »

And I understand completely.  Like I said, nothing to do with you at all.   You speak the language that will get you heard. 

I totally read that as "get you hard" and was very very confused.

I need coffee :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1536 on: September 25, 2018, 01:37:11 PM »

I totally read that as "get you hard" and was very very confused.

I need coffee :lol

HAHA!   Hey, some of us speak the language that will get us hard.  To each their own!!  :) :) :)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1537 on: September 27, 2018, 02:22:02 AM »
(edit: poe's law, i'm an idiot :facepalm:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:54:57 AM by IDontNotDoThings »
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1538 on: September 27, 2018, 07:24:50 AM »
Stadler's posts (especially in P/R) always get me hard.  :heybaby:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: September 27, 2018, 07:44:19 AM »
Stadler's posts (especially in P/R) always get me hard.  :heybaby:

Oddly, me too.  :)  :eek