Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 305033 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1470 on: September 14, 2018, 03:12:17 PM »
I have my login and password for DTF written down so that in case I suddenly die somehow, my best friend will be able to let you guys know that I didn't just suddenly disappear for no reason.

:lol

I've actually thought about this. I stay signed in on my computer, so hopefully my son or my wife starts a "TAC is dead" thread on my behalf. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1471 on: September 14, 2018, 03:14:18 PM »
I have yet to experience dead people on social media, but the idea of that is really creepy.

Someone I am friends with on facebook posed the question about unfollowing someone who died on facebook because they always get the reminder of their birthday and how that person felt torn about unfollowing a friend vs. not wanting to always be reminded about her death on facebook.  I found that sad and just a weird situation.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1472 on: September 14, 2018, 04:11:44 PM »
I have yet to experience dead people on social media, but the idea of that is really creepy.

Someone I am friends with on facebook posed the question about unfollowing someone who died on facebook because they always get the reminder of their birthday and how that person felt torn about unfollowing a friend vs. not wanting to always be reminded about her death on facebook.  I found that sad and just a weird situation.

That is a thing to think about now in a will. Have all your social media username and passwords, wheter you want to keep that account for memories or have someone delete them all together.

Keeping the account, it can make it harder for someone to accept the death of their friend. Especially if that person posted something every day.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1473 on: September 15, 2018, 03:51:35 AM »
I have my login and password for DTF written down so that in case I suddenly die somehow, my best friend will be able to let you guys know that I didn't just suddenly disappear for no reason.

I've actually thought about this. I stay signed in on my computer, so hopefully my son or my wife starts a "TAC is dead" thread on my behalf. :lol

DTF is my only social media, so I think I should leave password and instructions so my my wife could write something like:
"Don't worry, he's not disappeared for seven years once again. He's dead."

Of course, that means the poor woman will get to read the Scenes thread and eventually refuse to pay for my funeral.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1474 on: September 15, 2018, 05:33:33 AM »
When you're famous like me they'll know, they'll know.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1475 on: September 15, 2018, 05:35:09 AM »
I feel like at this point, every one of my posts should just contain the line "also, I'm still alive, sorry :\"
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1476 on: September 15, 2018, 07:13:12 AM »
I feel like at this point, every one of my posts should just contain the line "also, I'm still alive, sorry :\"

Easy fix... simply quote yourself for your sig.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1477 on: September 15, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »
DTF is my only social media, so I think I should leave password and instructions so my my wife could write something like:
"Don't worry, he's not disappeared for seven years once again. He's dead."

This.

Of course, that means the poor woman will get to read the Scenes thread and eventually refuse to pay for my funeral.

And, of course, this.  :)   

Death and social media is weird though; my friend Mary died about three years ago (suddenly) and I still get LinkedIn notices from her account.   And I still get spam/virus emails from the account of my friend/bandmate - a Philly cop that took his own life about four years ago.    That second one still freaks me out when it happens.  Because you know those emails:  it's got the sender's name on it, then about 40 "To:" names, and the body is just a random sort of link.    Creepy AF, as the kids say. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1478 on: September 15, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »
The DMV blows.

I sold a motorcycle and bought a new one months ago. So they send me a letter saying "WHY HAS YOUR INSURANCE BEEN CANCELED, YOU IN TROUBLE" and tell me to justify why, so I mail them a copy of the bill of sale, check the box for "vehicle has been sold" just like they asked and move on with my life.

Then today I open a letter saying since I didn't provide any proof, now I have to pay some $500 dollar fine and the bike's registration has been suspected (don't give a fuck, its been sold) and how I'm such a BAD BAD man. And they are demanding the Plate as well, which I surrendered to the Title place MONTHS ago as I always have in my state. I don't know if the letter was lost in the mail or they are just incompetent but now I have to sort this garbage out.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: September 15, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »
What state are you in Phoenix?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1480 on: September 15, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »
PA

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1481 on: September 15, 2018, 06:38:34 PM »
DTF is my only social media

Yup, I've always said that. DTF is my facebook.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1482 on: September 15, 2018, 07:02:35 PM »
DTF is my only social media

Yup, I've always said that. DTF is my facebook.

You don't get out virtually do you? Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1483 on: September 15, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
I virtually never get out. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: September 15, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »

I'm here to be you Inquirer.  Lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: September 16, 2018, 08:59:16 PM »
How it seems like every single website now has a pop up on their main page that says "WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE A QUICK SURVEY?"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1486 on: September 17, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »
How it seems like every single website now has a pop up on their main page that says "WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE A QUICK SURVEY?"

I'm waiting for DTF to acquire one...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: September 17, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
Or when you're browsing on mobile, it goes "WOULD YOU LIKE TO ENABLE NOTIFICATIONS FOR THIS SITE?"

Guess what, no I fucking wouldn't.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1488 on: September 17, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »

I'm waiting for DTF to acquire one...

Isn't that pretty much what Wild Ranger does?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1489 on: September 17, 2018, 03:23:27 PM »
:clap:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: September 17, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1491 on: September 19, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »
"Listicles" (an article that is basically just a list -- e.g., "The 50 Best Ethiopian Ice Hockey Players of All Time") that only have one or two items on each page, which requires you to click "next" to move through the article, but because of how everything loads on the screen, if you try to click "next" too quickly, an ad appears where the "next" button is....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1492 on: September 19, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
Oh God I swear I've posted that very thing in this thread. If it wasn't here I've certainly ranted about them elsewhere.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1493 on: September 19, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
I suppose there's a pretty good chance that, by page 42, we're repeating ourselves (and I wasn't even posting at DTF when the thread started).

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1494 on: September 19, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »
Oh god I hate those.  I'll go thru a top-10 that way, but anything bigger, I instantly shut it down.  Nothing interests me that much to have to click "next page" more than 9 times.  It's such an amateur and infantile way for websites simply to increase their page hits/counts.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1495 on: September 19, 2018, 01:34:48 PM »
"Listicles" (an article that is basically just a list -- e.g., "The 50 Best Ethiopian Ice Hockey Players of All Time") that only have one or two items on each page, which requires you to click "next" to move through the article, but because of how everything loads on the screen, if you try to click "next" too quickly, an ad appears where the "next" button is....

Yeah, but even more creepy, I was going to mention that TODAY, then got sidetracked by a call for work.   Great minds.... :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1496 on: September 19, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »

Yeah, but even more creepy, I was going to mention that TODAY, then got sidetracked by a call for work.   Great minds.... :)

Virtual high five....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: September 19, 2018, 02:41:40 PM »
Oh god I hate those.  I'll go thru a top-10 that way, but anything bigger, I instantly shut it down.  Nothing interests me that much to have to click "next page" more than 9 times.  It's such an amateur and infantile way for websites simply to increase their page hits/counts.

Well sure the page hits, but the end result of that is a money grab.  Every page that loads brings with it lots of advertisements.  So a 10 page list = 10x the ad revenue for the poor soul who clicks through it all.  Makes me appreciate the work my company does (online advertising) where they refuse to associate with websites that are considered "bad for the internet".  When I started they took on whatever business they could but realized it was bad for the business long term to be associate with such websites and did a massive sweep of killing ties with spam sites and anything that could be concluded as negative.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #1498 on: September 20, 2018, 07:48:54 PM »
brb changing my dtf settings

ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1499 on: September 21, 2018, 03:14:09 PM »
People who back into parking spaces.

I don't know why this bugs me, but it does.  Always seems like a lot more effort than pulling in forwards and backing out.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1500 on: September 21, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
People who back into parking spaces.

I don't know why this bugs me, but it does.  Always seems like a lot more effort than pulling in forwards and backing out.

There are some parking spaces that require you to back up park.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: September 21, 2018, 03:25:22 PM »
Depending on the lot, I back in when I can. Often it is much easier to back in to a spot than it is to back out of one, especially if it is a busy lot and you have to worry about visibility.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1502 on: September 21, 2018, 03:32:20 PM »
Depending on the lot, I back in when I can. Often it is much easier to back in to a spot than it is to back out of one, especially if it is a busy lot and you have to worry about visibility.

Right. I almost always back in.

Sorry PG!

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1503 on: September 21, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
I have no issue with backing in to a parking spot....IF you can do so with at least some proficiency.  What irritates me are the ones who insist on backing in, and it looks like it is their first time in a car!  Waiting 2 minutes while you block my way, backing in and out 4 times, seems like a frustrating eternity.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1504 on: September 21, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »
I have no issue with backing in to a parking spot....IF you can do so with at least some proficiency.  What irritates me are the ones who insist on backing in, and it looks like it is their first time in a car!  Waiting 2 minutes while you block my way, backing in and out 4 times, seems like a frustrating eternity.

That's the real issue.  It seems like an awfully high percentage of folks who do this don't know what they're doing and need one of these: