Author Topic: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2  (Read 307840 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Things that I find mildly irritating v.2
« Reply #1225 on: July 30, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »
I live in Fort Wayne, IN, and I joke that the city is so conservative, you can only pass on the right.

I used to visit your fine city on occasion.   I worked for a company there that built motors and used to have a huge, much-photographed illuminated sign on top of one of their buildings (one of three in the company at the time I was with them). 

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1226 on: July 30, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
I live in Fort Wayne, IN, and I joke that the city is so conservative, you can only pass on the right.

I used to visit your fine city on occasion.   I worked for a company there that built motors and used to have a huge, much-photographed illuminated sign on top of one of their buildings (one of three in the company at the time I was with them).

They are trying to find a new use for that facility now.  There's a group of people that are pushing to make it a mixed-use space with offices, shops, condos, etc. and then there are people that don't care what happens to it because they think it doesn't effect them.  The plans they have are somewhat ambitious, especially for Fort Wayne.  I hope they pull it off.  Fort Wayne is a great location.  The company I work for brings in a lot of out-of-town talent, both to live and work, and for clinics, shows, etc and is growing at an unheard of rate, especially for our industry, and we've grown every year since I came here 8 years ago.  Fort Wayne has the potential to be the next Asheville, NC or Grand Rapids, MI.  Granted, we don't have Amway money behind the city like Grand Rapids does (every other building there is named after either the Van Andel or DeVos families), but I think Fort Wayne can become a cool, if non-typical destination.  It depends on whether or not the city's culture has room to understand things don't always have to be the way they've always been.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1227 on: August 09, 2018, 05:31:49 AM »
Every summer the wife and me take pains to target ten vacation days inside a totally irrational tour schedule.
Every summer I manage to book the bookable and organise everything, slightly neglecting my company.
Every summer my mother-in-law suffers a mild heart attack roughly ten days before we're supposed to leave.
Every summer we are forced to delay our romantic escape to september, when I'm supposed to plan the winter season instead.

Now, I don't want to sound annoyingly egotistical and I genuinely love the hag, but I'm beginning to believe she has reached a tibetan monk-like control on her cardiac functions and manipulates them like clockwork in fear of being left alone for a couple of weeks.

/vent.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1228 on: August 09, 2018, 05:41:20 AM »
Does Missdiscipline have a brother or sister? You just need to call her bluff once.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1229 on: August 09, 2018, 05:47:31 AM »
Does Missdiscipline have a brother or sister? You just need to call her bluff once.

Unfortunately she doesn't.

But speaking of bluff-calling, I'm strongly tempted to hire an outrageously sexy caregiver and either the wife accepts to leave her mother with the sexy girl or I am going on vacations with said sexy girl.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1230 on: August 09, 2018, 08:17:14 AM »

Unfortunately she doesn't.

But speaking of bluff-calling, I'm strongly tempted to hire an outrageously sexy caregiver and either the wife accepts to leave her mother with the sexy girl or I am going on vacations with said sexy girl.

That's the plan, right there.   "Honey, SOMEONE is coming with me on the vacation I booked.  It can be you, I'd prefer it be you, but it can also be Amber/Tiffani/Britnee.   Your call."

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1231 on: August 09, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
*lols* Col. Hannibal Smith, I'm executing it verbatim.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1232 on: August 09, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »

You know he's divorced, right?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1233 on: August 09, 2018, 09:01:54 AM »

Ouch, and I've been as well.

Worst case scenario, I'm going on vacations with Stadler.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1234 on: August 09, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »
Where's (or was) the trip going to? Depending on that, I'll be your worst case scenario if needed (I'm neither sexy, nor a caregiver, nor a woman, so I can't fit the other role I'm afraid).

---

On topic: there's this guy (or woman) in my street who just refuses to park his car straight into the parking spot. It's not as if he hinders people by blocking off other parking spots, but damn, it just looks completely lazy and it pisses me off because his (or her) car is not aligned with the parking spots. This is what I see when I look out of my window:

Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1235 on: August 09, 2018, 09:32:55 AM »
Spa on the Alps. We're old, exhausted and in need of physical fine tuning.

---------

You must live in a very civil place, 'cause there's no way that car is still intact or feces-free where I'm from. *smile*

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: August 09, 2018, 11:23:09 AM »

Ouch, and I've been as well.

I'm in!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1237 on: August 09, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »
On topic: there's this guy (or woman) in my street who just refuses to park his car straight into the parking spot. It's not as if he hinders people by blocking off other parking spots, but damn, it just looks completely lazy and it pisses me off because his (or her) car is not aligned with the parking spots. This is what I see when I look out of my window:

There used to be a website called youparklikeanasshole.com.  I think it's now moved to Facebook.  You can print out "friendly" notes to leave on the asshole's windshield pointing out exactly what is wrong with his/her parking effort.

My turn:

I'm a lawyer.  My office is located in a relatively small office building in a suburb of Los Angeles.  There are about 15 people in my office and maybe 3-4 other companies/offices on the same floor.  The restroom on our floor has 4 stalls.  As is appropriate bathroom etiquette, if none of the stalls are occupied, I will select stall #4 (looking left to right, with stall #1 being the handicapped stall).  However, at least twice a week, I will open the stall to find the toilet full of paper, with a torn ass gasket on the seat and floor and pee all over the seat.  Now...maybe the culprit has "internal plumbing" issues for which, if so, I'm sympathetic, but at least clean up after yourself a little!  If I saw this at a gas station restroom, I wouldn't be too surprised, but it's a god damned professional building!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1238 on: August 09, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »
Stakeout required.  :corn
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1239 on: August 09, 2018, 11:37:12 AM »
 :lol it's kind of odd because I work in what I would consider a professional environment.  It's a data center with relatively few people actually working here.  A couple security guards, a few technicians, a cleaner, and a few power engineers.  Then there's the customers like myself, but I'm one of maybe 3 customers who are here often (I'm here almost every day) and most customers show up every once in awhile.

And yet, there are signs to not flush paper towels down the toilet and not to piss on the floors in the bathroom  :lol I don't understand who does this and why security has to put up signs.  I'm guessing it's the random customers who come in, but it's all adults here in a private location regardless.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1240 on: August 09, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »
And yet, there are signs to not flush paper towels down the toilet and not to piss on the floors in the bathroom  :lol

At risk of starting up a gun control debate, what exactly are these signs supposed to accomplish?  I mean, anyone who would do that isn't going to change their behavior because of a sign, are they?  And those who would follow the types of rules that are posted on the sign don't NEED a sign to tell them that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1241 on: August 09, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »
When I see the sign it makes me want to do it (but I hold back, I spend too much time here to piss on it), so I agree.  I think it's just out of frustration I guess?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1242 on: August 09, 2018, 03:20:08 PM »
Not really irritating, but funny.

Shallow Blackout Challenge....and any other "Challenges" on YouTube. That has to be the funniest, dumbest to ever occur.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1243 on: August 09, 2018, 04:39:53 PM »

Where's (or was) the trip going to? Depending on that, I'll be your worst case scenario if needed

I'm in!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: August 09, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »
Not really irritating, but funny.

Shallow Blackout Challenge....and any other "Challenges" on YouTube. That has to be the funniest, dumbest to ever occur.

I don't know; I find those challenges to be more irritating than funny.   I just don't get it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: August 12, 2018, 06:24:49 AM »
This might have been stated earlier in the thread but kids on flights. I知 on a flight to Chicago currently and there is a kid who is about 6-8 years old talking back to his parents and just being loud and shitty. I知 beginning to sound like an old man but if spoke back to my mom like this animal is doing she would thrown me out of the emergency exit.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1246 on: August 12, 2018, 06:27:12 AM »
Can't we just say kids in general are mildly irritating? ;)

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1247 on: August 12, 2018, 06:28:11 AM »
I値l agree to that.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1248 on: August 12, 2018, 06:31:13 AM »
As to your point, it seems like parents nowadays are afraid to parent.  Or simply have no idea.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1249 on: August 12, 2018, 06:32:25 AM »
Looking at this guy he seems like he has just given up on life. Like he doesn稚 even hear his kid anymore.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1250 on: August 12, 2018, 06:36:17 AM »
What? :P

I think a lot of new parents are more worried about their kids liking them than parenting them.  Plus, if you've got two parents who are not on the same page, that is not good. I know a divorced couple with two kids, and the mom gives the kids whatever they want, never tells them no, etc., and the dad now has reached the point where he gives in way more than he used to, likely because he doesn't want the kids to think of him as a mean father, as opposed to their "great" mom who gives them everything.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: August 12, 2018, 06:38:06 AM »
This might have been stated earlier in the thread but kids on flights. I知 on a flight to Chicago currently and there is a kid who is about 6-8 years old talking back to his parents and just being loud and shitty. I知 beginning to sound like an old man but if spoke back to my mom like this animal is doing she would thrown me out of the emergency exit.

I had a pretty short flight yesterday evening (about 2.5 hours) and there was a mom with a little kid sitting in a row in front of me, and the kid was screaming his/her lungs out for like half a flight. Even the headphones didn't help because they were right in the next row.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1252 on: August 12, 2018, 07:11:26 AM »

This always leaves me speechless. All my parents needed with me and my siblings - and all wifey and me need with our girl - was a quick firm glance to drive the "consider your next word carefully" message home and nip insolence in the bud.

It bugs me to no end how we need a license in order to drive a car, while we get to raise the future of the species unchecked.

I had a pretty short flight yesterday evening (about 2.5 hours) and there was a mom with a little kid sitting in a row in front of me, and the kid was screaming his/her lungs out for like half a flight. Even the headphones didn't help because they were right in the next row.

I swear, sometimes I wish I have that demon kid driving the plane rather than sitting in my section.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1253 on: August 12, 2018, 08:36:58 AM »
Do any of you who are complaining have kids? Because its not that simple to get your kids to behave. It's a ton of hard work and even that doesn't work a lot of the time.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1254 on: August 12, 2018, 08:49:41 AM »
Do any of you who are complaining have kids? Because its not that simple to get your kids to behave. It's a ton of hard work and even that doesn't work a lot of the time.

I do, and I agree with you.

I complain when the few who have obviously given up on said hard work give parenting a bad name.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1255 on: August 12, 2018, 08:54:30 AM »

I do, and I agree with you.

I complain when the few who have obviously given up on said hard work give parenting a bad name.
That's fair. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and almost never let kids behavior bother me. But being cooped up on a plane can be difficult.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1256 on: August 12, 2018, 08:57:08 AM »
A child less than 3 or 4 that is screaming is not necessarily a parenting issue.  On flight 15 years ago, my son - at 3 years old - ... his eardrums wouldn't 'pop' on the descent - he ended up rupturing them and being mostly deaf for a couple of weeks.  Kinda hard to "control" the response to that kind of pain.

As for the talking back kid - yeah, that's a flaw in the parenting.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1257 on: August 12, 2018, 09:06:34 AM »
My wife hates when I scream for half the flight..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1258 on: August 12, 2018, 09:07:58 AM »
That's fair. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and almost never let kids behavior bother me. But being cooped up on a plane can be difficult.

Yeah, and I've surely come off pretty judgemental, being far from the perfect parent myself.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1259 on: August 12, 2018, 09:11:13 AM »
My wife hates when I scream for half the flight..

:lol :lol

A child less than 3 or 4 that is screaming is not necessarily a parenting issue.  On flight 15 years ago, my son - at 3 years old - ... his eardrums wouldn't 'pop' on the descent - he ended up rupturing them and being mostly deaf for a couple of weeks.  Kinda hard to "control" the response to that kind of pain.

As for the talking back kid - yeah, that's a flaw in the parenting.

Correct.  Shit is gonna happen with kids that not even the best parent can control, but if you allow your child to talk back to you with no repercussions, that is a major fail at parenting.